Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Weather

Yesterday only 99 ! But the humidity is crazy high 60% dew point. Today same thing. It's like being in a steamer. Everywhere in the state is getting rain, not so much Phoenix. :watchout: Something nevarious is afoot.

1595621143292.png

Middle of winter here & I was getting around in a tshirt yesterday. Today is cool & clear. That means summer is gonna be evil here.

:aaaaa::clap::love: Yeah it rained ! After almost no rains last year we finally scored ! People go absolutely bat shit crazy when it rains, I'm no exception. :rofl:For it to rain all the conditions must fall into place otherwise no rain ! Water is big money in the dessert. Everything this morning had that clean rain smell going on and the girls were diggin the walk . Now blistering heat most of the day and rain this afternoon and evening. It will be like this till September. Pop up thunderstorms kill lots of people here due to flash flooding. Being in the dessert the ground is rock hard and not very porous, so any rains flood dessert washes which is deadly here. A lot and I mean a lot of streets and roads go through the washes . When it rains the waters wipe out anything in their path. Cars and people get washed away all the time. Most are clueless about the danger. When it happens it's quick and violent. They have an add campaign " Don't drown turn around". People will actually drive past barriers to cross flooded washes only to get swept away. The storm could be miles away and the waters will flood everything in it's path miles downstream. To see it up close is an experience, pure unleashed energy obliterating anything in the way, and the thundering noise ! Pretty cool.

:aaaaa::clap::love: Yeah it rained ! After almost no rains last year we finally scored ! People go absolutely bat shit crazy when it rains, I'm no exception. :rofl:For it to rain all the conditions must fall into place otherwise no rain ! Water is big money in the dessert. Everything this morning had that clean rain smell going on and the girls were diggin the walk . Now blistering heat most of the day and rain this afternoon and evening. It will be like this till September. Pop up thunderstorms kill lots of people here due to flash flooding. Being in the dessert the ground is rock hard and not very porous, so any rains flood dessert washes which is deadly here. A lot and I mean a lot of streets and roads go through the washes . When it rains the waters wipe out anything in their path. Cars and people get washed away all the time. Most are clueless about the danger. When it happens it's quick and violent. They have an add campaign " Don't drown turn around". People will actually drive past barriers to cross flooded washes only to get swept away. The storm could be miles away and the waters will flood everything in it's path miles downstream. To see it up close is an experience, pure unleashed energy obliterating anything in the way, and the thundering noise ! Pretty cool.
I'm glad you got rain - I think. If you're happy, I'm happy.
We get another week of low to mid 70's, but it looks like we don't get heat until August. I'm nervous enough about the good weather to think this means terrible fires this fall. I understand it doesn't work that way, but it doesn't keep me from doing a special good weather anti-fire dance. It's pretty much a modification of my rain dance. Nothing too fancy. So far, so good.

What. The. Hell.
Three days ago it was 62° at noon, then we were hit with an epic, record breaking, heatwave with temperatures not seen this high since 1906. Fine. It's hot. It's Summer, and it's hot, but
There is a freak thunder and lighting storm moving over. We don't get thunder and lightening storms but about every five years in Winter. There hasn't been a storm like this in memory. I hope never to see it again.

It is winter here & 62 degrees at 5.30pm. Not that it gets proper cold here but still. We live in strange times indeed & thats just the weather.

It was very hot yesterday. It will cool down by 10 degrees today. We are having smoke haze from Siberia. It’s riding the jet stream from there to here. - WTF. I was driving around yesterday getting some things done and wearing a mask. I took a picture when I saw 101 then it went to 100 degrees when I shot the pic.
284308E4-6C46-40AC-A0D7-BE198CA8D093.jpeg

That little lightening storm the other day started some serious fires. Woke to the smell of smoke. 37, 000 acres so far. It seems early for Fire Season.
download.jpeg

Why Lightening Is Bad.
Fires named LNU Lightening Complex.
Kids, just say no to lightening.
Still in a heat wave.

Last edited:
That little lightening storm the other day started some serious fires. Woke to the smell of smoke. 37, 000 acres so far. It seems early for Fire Season.
View attachment 20582

Why Lightening Is Bad.
Fires named LNU Lightening Complex.
Kids, just say no to lightening.
Still in a heat wave.
No more fire seasons. It's year round thing. Small fires become huge in a matter of hours. Everything is super dry and goes up in a flash. And yet there are still dumbasses setting off fireworks ! They were illegal due to fire danger until some brilliant lawmakers in their wisdom decided to legalize. Isn't it a bit ironic you can legalize something dangerous to the public quite easily, But just try and get weed legalized ! :rofl:

No more fire seasons. It's year round thing. Small fires become huge in a matter of hours. Everything is super dry and goes up in a flash. And yet there are still dumbasses setting off fireworks ! They were illegal due to fire danger until some brilliant lawmakers in their wisdom decided to legalize. Isn't it a bit ironic you can legalize something dangerous to the public quite easily, But just try and get weed legalized ! :rofl:
Well, we've got quite a few fires going now. There were 71,000 lightening strikes in 72 hours. @Madri-Guy is getting prepared for patient evacuation, just in case. The AFB is evacuating nearby. I've been called by neighbors to see if I was planning to evacuate. The smoke is bad. It's also still a heat wave, and I cool the house by opening it up in the morning, then shutting it up and trapping the cool air. Do you let the cool air in, along with the smoke? Shut everything up and roast, while waiting to roast? That was an interesting question for a little minute, but now it's shut the house up, wear an N-95 indoors at all times, run HEPA towers. My favorite part is soaking towels in vinegar, and waving them around to get smoke out of the air. My asthma is bad, but hey, I need the exercise. Nothing likes swinging vinegared towels around for upper arm toning.

The monsoon storms came and went last night. All sorts of wind and rain. It's 86 right now :clap: absolutely gorgeous overcast. The girls and I have been on two walks today. Days like this in the summer are rare. My luck we will be over 110 by 200pm.
Couple of trees got uprooted along our walk and the girls really dug sniffin around them ! :biggrin: Summer is not over and they have already declared this the hottest summer on record ! :nod::rofl:

IMG_4852.JPG

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back