Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Weather

80 and loving it.

1638704193856.png

Damn. Winter storms in NorCal. Tornadoes just a state away. And yet, here in western NC, the weather is a mid to upper 60s during the afternoon and cold enough at night for me and my special lady to clutch on to each other all night under a series of blankets while the cats and Rocket The Raccoon cling to us to keep all of us warm.

Two humans, three cats, and one raccoon, on a twin bed. That's a lot of body heat. And a sight to see.

Anyway, nearly 70 degrees. In western NC. In mid December.

Yeah, that sounds normal. This whole climate change thing .... must be a hoax. A very very very very very very very .... convincing hoax. :shakehead:

Sierra will go from wearing tiny shorts and why-bother t-shirts in the day and then "I'm going on a trek to the North Pole" at night.

This ... is not normal.

I'm no climatologist, but in the time I've lived here in western NC, the temperature, humidity, and general climate, has changed.

There are people out jogging 90% naked here and loving it. It's mid-December. There should be no jogging here at this time outside of a gym.

My special lady and I have dedicated a closet to canned food. For the winter storms. It's like the walk in pantry your grandmother had because she lived through WWII and understands what food shortages are like so she keeps enough food that won't go bad and can be fed to soldiers for years to come. It pairs great with my hidden basement that cannot be found without my help and has all my father's weaponry.

I have no desire to live into an apocalypse. But if it involves my special lady's survival, get the fuck out of my way.

Good goddam fucking hell. Raining guns a blazing here this morning with hail up the shit yang.I mean
I can't even go get beer at this point.

If I get any further, I won't be able to even see my girl who wears the shirt thst shows ... well ... you know. I mean ... fucking hell.

Anyway ... uh .... uh .... Well is is there anything that matters after that?

Holy fucking goddamn hell was there some weather here tonight. Thunder that had the cats cowering in the closet.

Thunder that damn near made me shit me pants. And lightning that makes me wonder if I should question if I should wonder about my life. Fucking hell!

Western NC has been my main base of operations since 2010 but I've never seen a winter like this here. There is always rain all throught December. But not thunderstorms like this. Not summer weather like this. Not humidity like this. This is not normal. It should not be summer weather here near New Year's. This is absurd.

And right now, it's thundering and lightning like it's Rocky vs Apollo.

:hmm:

Washington state: It rained 4 inches just Thursday alone where i live.
Extreme low temps and snow. Now it’s warmed up and rain. Schools were canceled or ran 2 hrs late this past week. Huge amounts of snow in the mountains. Passes are closed because of avalanche warnings until Monday. Trucks and cars are lined up. interstate 5 main thorough fare was closed because of flooding.for a day. We had no way to go to get anywhere. Every time we have a major flood this happens. They raised the freeway. It wasn’t enough.

Snow resorts have lots of snow but you can’t get there.

Last edited:
Southwestern NC first snowfall. Hesh and Milhouse wanted nothing to do with it. Conan leaped into it like he was born to do it. Which he was. - He's a Maine Coon. They're built for that shit. And being Scandinavian, born in Canada, and raised in northern Minnesota, I guess I am too. And Sierra jumped into it like ... well I don't even know what. Whatever it was, it made a mess. And vodka was involved.

I don't fucking know.

20220116_105828.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back