Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Weather

Volkswagon isn't happy about it either....

272647244_7267187199965995_2456990915068366841_n.jpg

Well, the end is upon us.

Western NC, in the lower valleys, is going to get one, maybe even two inches of snow! This is the end! My only friend, The End!

Guh. People around here act like it's the end of the world. Sure, you might get stranded at the top of a mountain (like us) or be unable to drive up your driveway because it's in the shade and it's icy ... welcome to planet Earth. It gets tough. Wear a cup.

My lady and I made a deal to keep her car down at the bottom of the mountain in case of an emergency. Driving down this road (trail) during icy conditions is for experts only, and even then a lot of luck is involved. The problem is one dramatic descent that gets icy as fuck and it doesn't matter how big a truck you have or snow tires or chains or whatever - if you don't play it just right, you're fucked.

Since 2015, I've gotten through it twice. Once, due to experience, and the other due to sheer luck. It's a nasty little hill. You have to basically play it like you're going to do a 180 degrees turn at just the right moment to go just enough into the ditch that you stop at the turn and can drive yourself out of it. And every year, some freshman dude gets it in his head that nothing can stop him or his truck. And he gets stuck for hours or even days. :buenrollo:

But this is what's coming:

20220128_162917.jpg

It hit 52℉ here yesterday. Today we have up to 16" of snow predicted and the temps will be a high of 19 and a low of -3℉ by Friday. Welcome to Michigan.

Well that was a disappointment. The media built this snowstorm up to be the biggest storm in the last 7 years. Schools closed the night before. The news even stayed on the air an extra hour to help us 'get through' the storm. We maybe got 6 inches of snow... certainly not the amount they predicted. And there was no reason to close the schools... the snow didn't really start coming down until right about when they would have been going home for the day. Ridiculous.

Now... the roads weren't great. But it was no snowmageddan. The weather folk need to look outside when they give the weather forecast.

272968150_3077316075843267_6870124921300049467_n.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back