Sponsored by

PuffItUp VapeFully Dynavap Vaposhop
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.

Lunacy Weather

Madri-Gal

Finally got a break in the rain, so cherries!!!
20190523_114837.jpg

Not all ripe yet, but M-G and I got a ripe one each. With all of the skirls and birds, that might be all we get for ourselves. Beautiful, clear skies, 68*. Got some gardening done, then we decided it's too hot and came inside. It's brutal out there.

CarolKing

Always in search of the perfect vaporizer
Real devastation for some states, I would not own and live in a manufactured home if I lived in hurricane alley. I understand they can cost less but they turn into a pile of metal and splinters when its hit by a hurricane or tornado. These Mobil home parks I’ve been seeing on the news there’s hardly anything left.

Warm and sunny here today in the Pacific NW. I will finish planting my flowers.

Shredder

Dogs like me
Real devastation for some states, I would not own and live in a manufactured home if I lived in hurricane alley. I understand they can cost less but they turn into a pile of metal and splinters when its hit by a hurricane or tornado. These Mobil home parks I’ve been seeing on the news there’s hardly anything left.

Warm and sunny here today in the Pacific NW. I will finish planting my flowers.
When I seen the destruction I thought the same thing. But I wonder if there is a safe house in a tornado. Maybe underground?

What does country music and a tornado have in common?

They both end up in a trailer park....

Madri-Gal

I wonder when folks will start to believe that the climate changing is causing a lot of this. Nothing like losing your home to educate yourself.

Where I live we're having hotter summers and colder winter. Everything seems extreme.
It does indeed. We got solar panels a few years ago, and after my Other Son destroyed both my cars and was gone last year, I said "F*ck it", and bought an electric car. I swear more than that at the payments, but I have no regrets, other than it cut into my vape budget. Even with the car, the panels generate more electricity than we use each month. We heat with gas, but Other Son broke the heater, so we didn't use much gas this year. Almost as bad as being beat, was having to throw out so. much. stuff. The waste was sad and pointless. It can't even be donated or composted, because poison.
We did set up a laundry to landscape grey water system, but it desperately feels like we need to do so much more.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

That's how I felt in May. Rain, rain, and more rain. Now we are having beautiful weather, and the garden is blooming and fruiting to the sound of chirping birds, and the manic chattering of amorous squirrels. We are Spring cleaning, and transplanting, scrubbing and pruning. We were going to the beach today, but decided to stay home in the garden, to fix it up and enjoy it a little longer. The ocean will be there next week, but the garden may never be this perfect again. We're looking forward to a lovely 70 degree day.

Madri-Gal

We are in a heat wave. People advised to stay indoors. No air conditioning, of course. We went from unusual rains, to mild weather to a heat spike in a very short period of time. Next two days worse, and no relief until Wednesday. High risk of wildfires, and Pacific Gas & Electric saying it will turn off electricity if needed to prevent fires. They are being sued over the wildfires that caused billions of dollars in damage, and burned down the town of Paradise, in the past two years. No electricity will be bad, but fires worse. We shall see.

Last edited:

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
I feel for you @Madri-Gal ... It's horrible when it's too hot and you can't get relief.

The weather here has gotten quite warm as well after days and days of rain. However, we now have forecasts for more rain coming up. I'm beginning to think that the predictions of a wet summer might come true here.

Stay cool and hydrated best you can... I sure hope you don't lose your electricity.

Sponsored by

PuffItUp VapeFully Dynavap Vaposhop