Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Weather

Shredder

Dogs like me
Got snow? We do. About 20 inches in the last couple days. We had maybe 8 inches on the ground after a recent thaw. It's also currently as I type this 5 degrees F.

While 20 inches is a lot, it's not uncommon here. So we do crack up when the east coast goes nutty after what's a normal snow here, lol.

We have a big snow blower for paths to our chicken coop, compost heap, and dog paths. And I use a tractor to clear snow from our 400 ft long drive.

Wow you guys really got a dump then. But you are in a snow belt aren't you; with a lot of lake effect snow? We lost most of our snow during the thaw... just had a few areas that still had a few inches on them. But we got a good 8" yesterday. I was so geeked. We haven't had a truly white Christmas in... years. It was freaking gorgeous out.

But I'm glad we didn't get as much as you. That just makes things difficult. :lol:

Cold as heck here. Supposed to go down to 2°F tonight.

Wow you guys really got a dump then. But you are in a snow belt aren't you; with a lot of lake effect snow? We lost most of our snow during the thaw... just had a few areas that still had a few inches on them. But we got a good 8" yesterday. I was so geeked. We haven't had a truly white Christmas in... years. It was freaking gorgeous out.

But I'm glad we didn't get as much as you. That just makes things difficult. :lol:

Cold as heck here. Supposed to go down to 2°F tonight.

Yes, to both lake effect and snow belt. Maybe a bit difficult as well, but there are many other benefits to living here.

It was absolutely beautiful when I left yesterday at the crack of dawn... fresh snow everywhere. I snapped this out my car window while I was stopped behind the snake of bumper to bumper cars trying to navigate the snow covered roads lol.

IMG_3591.JPG

Hope your weather is better than ours in northern mi.

We have about 20 inches of snow on the ground and it's snowing like crazy now. And has been for about 3-4 days. It's also about 5 F. Last night at bedtime it was -17 F. All local schools have been closed and a lot of businesses are closed. According to TV the police say even crime has been cancelled, now that's bad!

I opened up a path for our small dogs with a snowblower, but have not tried to plow our driveway (i have a tractor for that) because it's snowing and blowing so hard it would just fill in. Plus id likely freeze to death, lol. So I'll wait until it slows a bit.

So a good day relax and watch the scene outside our windows. Maybe ill clean some vapes. Drink a hot drink, (pea soup for muah) and think warm cozy thoughts.

Hope your weather is better than ours in northern mi.

We have about 20 inches of snow on the ground and it's snowing like crazy now. And has been for about 3-4 days. It's also about 5 F. Last night at bedtime it was -17 F. All local schools have been closed and a lot of businesses are closed. According to TV the police say even crime has been cancelled, now that's bad!

I opened up a path for our small dogs with a snowblower, but have not tried to plow our driveway (i have a tractor for that) because it's snowing and blowing so hard it would just fill in. Plus id likely freeze to death, lol. So I'll wait until it slows a bit.

So a good day relax and watch the scene outside our windows. Maybe ill clean some vapes. Drink a hot drink, (pea soup for muah) and think warm cozy thoughts.
I.Can't.Even.Imagine. It sounds crazy cold. I'm not entirely sold on snow. I mean, it's cold. We've had a bit of rain lately, but today was nice. Took the dogs for a walk, and Madri-Guy planted some trees for me. 65°degrees today, and 54° right now (at 10:30 pm). Storm fronts are moving in, so more rain to come, but it was nice to get outside and do some yard work. One of the peach trees is in bloom. A bit early, I think, but it might be an early bearer. Days like this, it's easy to think it's almost Spring. The upcoming storms will be bit of a setback in the weather department. We need the rain, and I'm glad to see it, but it is wet and I don't care for weather you have to pay special attention to, or dress for. Winter here doesn't sound near as romantic as a snow day with hot cocoa, and we don't get Winter snowscapes. I wouldn't know what to do if we did.

I was saying to @momofthegoons only the other day I had only really seen snow once as our winters are comparatively mild. Mind you summer makes up for it. It cooled down a bit today but it is still a balmy 26° (80° for you imperial heathens) at 9.00pm. February is going to be awesome.....

Got a feeling that I would not enjoy 20" of snow cover on the other hand. Stay safe in whatever crazy weather you are facing folks.

I'm farther south in Michigan than and only have about 8" of snow on the ground. But holy shit... it's supposed to get cold here!!! I know that @Shredder has probably already experienced some temps under zero since he's farther north... But today going into tomorrow we are supposed to have wind chills from -30 to -40F!!! I'm hunkering down and getting into something that requires the oven being on lol.

I can’t even imagine. I have a friend in Ohio who said the wind chill will be around that also, -40°F. Here if the wind chill is negative ANYTHING we freak out. Today we are getting 1-2 inches of snow, and schools are already canceling.

I guess it's all in your perception.

This upcoming weekend every pub and resteraunt in this area will be full of snowmobilers. Its not uncommon for our favorite local pub to have over 100 snowmobiles in the parking lot. Skiers will be out in force. Our bait shops will sell lots of bait for ice fishermen. Snowshoers will be snow shoeing. Rabbit hunters out hunting in the frozen swamps. Ice skaters skating. The "trick" is to get outside and find something you like.

Where ever you live you adapt. If your a happy person your happy, and happiness travels wherever you go.

I guess it's all in your perception.

This upcoming weekend every pub and resteraunt in this area will be full of snowmobilers. Its not uncommon for our favorite local pub to have over 100 snowmobiles in the parking lot. Skiers will be out in force. Our bait shops will sell lots of bait for ice fishermen. Snowshoers will be snow shoeing. Rabbit hunters out hunting in the frozen swamps. Ice skaters skating. The "trick" is to get outside and find something you like.

Where ever you live you adapt. If your a happy person your happy, and happiness travels wherever you go.
I hope I didn't give the impression I didn't think snow is perfectly fine. I have Reynauds Syndrome, and can't tolerate the cold. My asthma is also triggered by cold, and heat. For a few years I lived in another state, and there was some snow and the occasional ice storm. I couldn't adjust to the weather because of my health, and I moved back home. It all looks like fun, skating, skiing, snowmen and snow angels, but it is a very different life. That's all to the good.

You Know its cold when...
your Nostrils stick together when breathing in.

At less than 10F I can feel my nose hairs freeze when I inhale, lol.

Yesterday I was bundled up pretty good and after working at snow removal when I came in I was sweaty under all the clothes, lol.

Sounds like camping weather! Just a dusting here. Miss the good old days when the lakes froze thick every winter. :shakehead:

I already got my polar bear patch from the boy scouts, I'll wait a bit before camping, lol. I mean when it's too cold for postal delivery, it's cold!

The INSIDE of my door at work was covered in frost and it’s only -15° windchill outside here. Not sure how some of you dealing with -40° are doing it. I literally cant imagine...

Oh! Can you do that thing? The thing where you spit and it freezes before it hits the ground?

Hmmm... I wonder if that’s a myth. Used to always try as a kid, but it never worked.

Because Pennsylvania.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back