Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Weather

That's how I felt in May. Rain, rain, and more rain. Now we are having beautiful weather, and the garden is blooming and fruiting to the sound of chirping birds, and the manic chattering of amorous squirrels. We are Spring cleaning, and transplanting, scrubbing and pruning. We were going to the beach today, but decided to stay home in the garden, to fix it up and enjoy it a little longer. The ocean will be there next week, but the garden may never be this perfect again. We're looking forward to a lovely 70 degree day.

We are in a heat wave. People advised to stay indoors. No air conditioning, of course. We went from unusual rains, to mild weather to a heat spike in a very short period of time. Next two days worse, and no relief until Wednesday. High risk of wildfires, and Pacific Gas & Electric saying it will turn off electricity if needed to prevent fires. They are being sued over the wildfires that caused billions of dollars in damage, and burned down the town of Paradise, in the past two years. No electricity will be bad, but fires worse. We shall see.

Last edited:
I feel for you @Madri-Gal ... It's horrible when it's too hot and you can't get relief.

The weather here has gotten quite warm as well after days and days of rain. However, we now have forecasts for more rain coming up. I'm beginning to think that the predictions of a wet summer might come true here.

Stay cool and hydrated best you can... I sure hope you don't lose your electricity.

Omg... the rain...... I haven't had to water any of my plants this year. Not even once....

fe0a3f90617e2d9b14f6091e7d2be2b5.jpg

Omg... the rain...... I haven't had to water any of my plants this year. Not even once....

View attachment 9938
You have my sympathies, @momofthegoons. It rained here until I thought I'd lose my mind. My theory is, there may have been too much dancing naked under the moonlight, and I may have mistakenly did a rain dance. When it got too wet and dismal to continue, the rain stopped. Coincidence ? Maybe. Maybe not.
Am I suggesting you skip a Full Moon? You know what your garden needs, and you need better than I. I'm just saying what went on here. Just something to consider.

The weather here has been beautiful this July. We've been between low 70's to low 80's, but mostly mid 70's. Night time has been mid 50's. No rain, no humidity, gentle breezes. Usually we get a heat wave around this time, but we got it early, in June. I wish it would just stay like this.

@Madri-Gal you all enjoy it while it lasts, its been oppressive here in the East Coast, Humid and just not the kind of weather to be outside particularly for those with Lung issues. Excessive heat advisories through the wknd with dew points well into 70%, air so thick one can wear it. hopefully it will abate after Monday.
That's terrible, @Helios. I hope you get relief soon. We get a lot if our heat Aug-Sep-Oct, then those awful forest fires. We had rains late this year, so there will be a lot of underbrush for kindling. Fingers crossed that the heat doesn't hit hard this year.

yea @Madri-Gal, first week of July was perfect! then this shit, Yes your fire or dry season starts up next month, I have folks up in Spokane we always worry during this time. I think this excessive heat will b the new normal, they wont have any gauge or heat indices to measure cuz its off the charts.
NATGEO article I found today.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/07/extreme-heat-to-affect-millions-of-americans/
That's awful, @Helios. I can see it getting worse every year, but don't know what to do. We have no air conditioning, we got solar panels and an electric car, we mostly use a clothes line, we reduce, reuse, recycle and repurpose and conserve water. It isn't enough.
Thank you for the article.

Omg... it's so hot outside that when I just took the dog outside, my glasses fogged up. Thank god it's cloudy out or it would be unbearable out there.

On another note... I just noticed my crazy neighbors put up a 'Private Property' sign pointed in our direction. Wtf? I've never set foot on their property... not do I care to. They are nuts. :lol:

Maybe they'd like my husband to stop shoveling their walkway for them next winter.... assholes.

Omg... it's so hot outside that when I just took the dog outside, my glasses fogged up. Thank god it's cloudy out or it would be unbearable out there.

On another note... I just noticed my crazy neighbors put up a 'Private Property' sign pointed in our direction. Wtf? I've never set foot on their property... not do I care to. They are nuts. :lol:

Maybe they'd like my husband to stop shoveling their walkway for them next winter.... assholes.

Just read an article about how us northerners aren't equipped for hot weather. We suffer more than southerners in hot weather. We're more equipped for cold.

I live in a resort area, lots of vacationers up here now. Campgrounds are packed. I feel for those in tents. At least there are lakes to cool off in.

I'm best equipped for moderate weather. If it's not pleasant, I'm not happy. I've got Reynauds Syndrome, and literally can't handle the cold, and if it's too hot my asthma gets bad. @Madri-Guy put up a mister on the front porch, so it it gets hot I have a cool down area. The plants love it, the cats hate it.

I find I can't talk about the weather my eastern USA friends. "Oh man, it's going to get to 81 degrees here this week. I need to lay in cold snaks and plan on not moving until it blows over."

...maybe this is why they stopped responding to my calls.

I find I can't talk about the weather my eastern USA friends. "Oh man, it's going to get to 81 degrees here this week. I need to lay in cold snaks and plan on not moving until it blows over."

...maybe this is why they stopped responding to my calls.
Don't jinx it. Before you know it, we'll be melting in the heat and fleeing from forest fires.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back