Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Weather

We're expecting a clear, 80* day today. Not much to say about a day like that. The heat must be coming in August.

She says this like its NBD, but it's only noon and we're already inside with the curtains closed, crouched in front of the fan with the mister bottle and debating who has to run out for ice cream while the other doesn't move because it's "too hot".

She says this like its NBD, but it's only noon and we're already inside with the curtains closed, crouched in front of the fan with the mister bottle and debating who has to run out for ice cream while the other doesn't move because it's "too hot".
There is no debate. You are young. I am not. I could get heat stroke and die. Get strawberry. And fudge sauce.

There is no debate. You are young. I am not. I could get heat stroke and die. Get strawberry. And fudge sauce.

So she says, until she also says "we can get BOGO burritos at the Del Taco today. Pack up the dogs, we're going on a road trip."

The nearest Del Taco is 15 miles away.

The temperature 15 miles away was 98*F.

We still have no ice cream.

So she says, until she also says "we can get BOGO burritos at the Del Taco today. Pack up the dogs, we're going on a road trip."

The nearest Del Taco is 15 miles away.

The temperature 15 miles away was 98*F.

We still have no ice cream.
Not my fault you didn't listen about the ice cream. You sure said "yes" fast enough to buying the dogs burritos. Not that they weren't happy, but they do know it was my idea.
When we got back home, it was 79*. I'm not going inland again. 15 miles, and almost 20* hotter. You are supposed to veto the bad ideas. They can't all be good, and you let a bad one through.
That's ok. Now you don't have to cook the dogs dinner.
I need to rest. I have pre-heatstroke.

We've had crazy rain almost every day I've been up at the cottage this visit. Just had another big storm go through and I was woken up by one this morning. Big thunder and lightening. And the sunsets have been so weird... very muted. I was told it's the smoke from the Canadian wild fires. Reminds me of the Mt. St. Helen year...

But it's always fun watching a storm on the lake. Always dramatic.

We've had crazy rain almost every day I've been up at the cottage this visit. Just had another big storm go through and I was woken up by one this morning. Big thunder and lightening. And the sunsets have been so weird... very muted. I was told it's the smoke from the Canadian wild fires. Reminds me of the Mt. St. Helen year...

But it's always fun watching a storm on the lake. Always dramatic.
Rain in Summer always confuses me. It's pretty rare around here. It does sound wonderfully dramatic, storms on the lake.

Hot one today :sunbathing:

EFEE5F57-4534-4CDE-99B7-7874CD28BD10.png

We are experiencing perfect weather right now and the same is forecast for the foreseeable future. Day time temps in the mid 20s C (70-75 F) with nights in the low teens (55 F). Perfect for open windows to let in a gentle breeze while snuggled under the duvet.

This is the beginning of my favourite time of year.

We are experiencing perfect weather right now and the same is forecast for the foreseeable future. Day time temps in the mid 20s C (70-75 F) with nights in the low teens (55 F). Perfect for open windows to let in a gentle breeze while snuggled under the duvet.

This is the beginning of my favourite time of year.

We are having that same weather, although high 40's at night.

I'm just north of the 45th parallel.

My favorite time as well. I used to take my vacation in September, back when I worked.

The end of Summer always makes me sad, but we have a good two months of nice weather ahead of us. I used to enjoy Fall as well, but the out of control fires the last few years have made me nervous.
171207-california-wildfires-mc-1124_6ac14242c881273668992f055a5bd2d0.jpg

43410b1c-6001-4680-98a0-af732d2c89be-large16x9_pjimage1.jpg

We don't get rain in Summer, and by Fall it's hot and dry. Some neglect by PG&E, and lives are lost, billions in damage done. Last year we lost Paradise. An entire town, gone.
I'll stay in the lazy days of Summer. (The photo is of a neighborhood in Santa Rosa, before and after the 2017 fire.)

Up here in Canada we are holding steady at a bit cooler than your Thursday and Friday forecast. Perfect fall weather. I hope your forecast comes to be and you get a break from the heat!

Our weather seems similar to yours.

The trees are now starting to change here.

It's really a nice time of year IMHO. Tourists have gone home, and we have our town back.

No wait for a seat at a pub, no lines in the gas station and stores. Love it.

Apologies to the flatlanders (mom). Lol

Apologies to the flatlanders (mom). Lol
Lmao... hey now....

I feel the same way up at the cottage. I love when everyone goes south for the winter. And the lake is quiet. All the summer renters have left.

Now downstate nothing ever changes. It's always crowded and busy. You really notice it after spending time up north.

The colors have started changing at the lake as well. I was surprised. Seems early this year.

We had a sunny day with a brisk wind that brought up white caps on the lake. Sort of reminded me of the Great Lakes. It was beautiful.

The trees are now starting to change here.
It's really a nice time of year IMHO. Tourists have gone home, and we have our town back
All the summer renters have left.
The trees here are just barely beginning to color. The Sumacs have a tinge of the intense florescent orange they display and a few maples are have the odd red leaf. The next few weeks should be glorious as long as no storms come through and bring down the show.

We still have some tourists. They seem to hang on here, slowly petering out until Canadian Thanksgiving in mid October. There was a big Gala in the village today. People everywhere. No parking to be had. Everyone giving it one more hurrah for the season. Soon enough, only us locals will be seen and we will go back to a sleepy little community where everyone you see, you know.

We have suffered all summer, with record breaking temperatures. Really hot, tons of no see ums, and mosquitoes. Usually, we have a nice ocean breeze, it was still. The last couple of days, we've had the 80's, today is 88*, and it is a relief. Down here, we are hoping to see it cool, as hurricane season has been busy. We were swamped with people from the mainland, and I look forward to our slow 2 month's ahead. November, will bring the snowbirds ( people that flock south ), and we will start the merry-go-round again.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back