Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Weather

IMG_20200112_121659964.jpg

Hah! I laugh at winter!

@Squiby I love the way the snow has partially melted off the roof.....
I have a metal roof and the snow slides off of it in giant avalanche like sheets as it builds up. I took a broom handle intending to break this sheet of snow up only to discover that it is as hard as a rock and is a sheet of ice. It's been a weird winter with seemingly more days hovering above freezing than below.

I have a metal roof and the snow slides off of it in giant avalanche like sheets as it builds up. I took a broom handle intending to break this sheet of snow up only to discover that it is as hard as a rock and is a sheet of ice. It's been a weird winter with seemingly more days hovering above freezing than below.

When snow slides off my pole barn roof the sound is quite alarming. Earlier this winter our two outside cats set a world cat speed record when some snow slid off.

Once it knocked my electric meter off the socket. Now I lean an old ladder with a board on it to deflect the snow when it slides off.

We're getting snow. Not sure what the total is going to be yet. The forecasters are always wrong. They're saying 6". We'll see lol....

And then we'll have a thaw again next week. Snow, freeze, thaw, repeat. Welcome to Michigan. :lol:

We headed into a storm today. It arrived later than predicted, so I'm hoping that the 1 foot of snow expected to fall is exaggerated. But, all is well. I'm tucked with plenty of provisions, food, wood and water and lots of bud to be vaped.

Be well everyone!

The yard is crazy in bloom. Peach trees, plum trees, bulbs everywhere, and somehow I missed that it's Spring. All week I was expecting the temperature to drop, and to go back to huddling by the space heater. If we're lucky we will get more rain, but then I will think it's the dead of Winter again.

Hot and summery. Clear days. I wonder how the schools being out will affect our summer season down here, will they come earlier, stay longer? Gone are the days when you could grab your family for a quick few days Island hopping, the hotel stays are a small fortune these days, will rates lower? I hope for a slower summer, they pack them in so tight down here, you can not get on the road. Every car tows a fishing boat. I love the motorhome towing a big powerboat, always a source of amusement or angst. Key West, a small town is letting the cruise ships in. A small community that I fear may be all too susceptible to a few infected individuals. They leave us open, but, I bet they'd close the door on us if we got sick. Be safe and it'll be a good day.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back