Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Weather

Heavy snow here. A total white out followed by rain. Here comes March!!

7b7f8a96db4fd80b56d220f18b1cee85.gif

The wind got my grill today!!
Did not tighten the cover at the base and it took it right over
Lost a door
Have to find my metal fabrication tools and make another door if I can't rescue the damaged one
Been twenty years since I worked with metal (refinishing), hope I remember the "how to"
IMG_20210302_110348.jpg
Left side door if your facing the grill
Sheet metal is fun to work with and refinish (have to be careful polishing), no torches just snip and bend

Lost a door
Have to find my metal fabrication tools and make another door if I can't rescue the damaged one
Been twenty years since I worked with metal (refinishing), hope I remember the "how to"
View attachment 24841
Sheet metal is fun to work with and refinish (have to be careful polishing), no torches just snip and bend
Sorry to hear that dude, that sucks. I would try the manufacturer first ......grill companies can sometimes have a really good parts department, parts are very cheap too.
I frequently order parts from Yoder and RD and even BBQ forums like this.

Lost a door
View attachment 24841
Sucks! Crazy howling wind in Mass today... super annoying.... cold, too. Wish being super sunny helped but it doesn't much.

In addition to @Thedev's great advice (as usual) above, I've had good luck with these guys:
https://www.grillparts.com
Bought these:
and these a few years ago and they kick ass:
Totally breathed new life into my vintage '00 Silver B...! Well, along with this, too, last summer:
Amazon product ASIN B000WEMHN2
Baby's almost like new (and waaaay better in many ways!)

Last edited:
The parts are fine, its a decent grill
Pretty much replace everything inside after a year or two for better performance. burners, shields, grill tops, tubing
The door got imploded upon impact with the umbrella stand
Health issues forced me to half ass my fall clean up
Surprised the deck didn't collapse, was about to take it down when supplies became an issue, not enough materials
Can't wait to move

52F at 10PM...? I'll take it on March 11th in New England!
O.k., but it got worse! It was 52°, in the afternoon. That was yesterday, and it got down to 39° in the middle of the night. It's March. That's unofficially Spring. There was even rain, so you'd think it was Winter! Which, technically it is, but that don't make it right, no Sir. Not right at all.

Most of the east coast of Ausland is currently flooding
Some places had over a metre of rain in one or two days
Been absolutely pissing down for nearly a week
Houses have been swept away in some areas

From biggest fires in the world a bit over a year ago to the beginning of water world

I live on a lake, currently it hasn't made it to my door but I'm waiting at this rate

We have had some extreme weather all over. Our summers have gotten warmer and dryer over the past 30 years. We never needed air conditioning in the area where I live until about 15 years ago. I finally broke down a few years ago and bought a nice one. With Amazon Prime no shipping costs - I saved a ton.

The last 5 summers come Aug and Sept we have hazy skies and unsafe air quality from forest fires from all over. It was never like that before.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back