Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Law Weird Cannabis News

Baron23

There are just some stories that need to fall into the category of just plain weird or bizzare and this is the thread for them!!

I'll start off:
Report: North Korea Fueling Drones with Pot

Despite a deep abiding fascination and efforts of varying degrees of sophistication and success to find out, few people really knows what goes on inside North Korea, aside from North Koreans.

And since citizens living in the world’s last remaining true communist statewith an economy that’s nearly totally state-controlled, and a cult of personality not seen elsewhere in the Communist world since the “glory” days of Mao, Fidel Castro and Ho Chi Minh—are subject to repression and information control reminiscent of the dystopian film of your choice, North Koreans can’t be entirely sure what’s going on, either.

So when you read headlines like this report attributed to Radio Free Asia (which is unabashedly pro-U.S. in its slant) and picked up by UPI—“North Korea cultivating marijuana to fuel drones”—well, what can you say? It’s crazy, but maybe it’s true. You don’t know!

We do know that North Korea grows hemp.

Cooking oil in the country is so scarce and valuable citizens will smuggle it from overseas. To create a domestic supply, departed leader Kim Il Sung encouraged his rural subjects to grow weed, known locally as yeoksam.

Stories of Chinese businesspeople and tourists visiting North Korea and coming home with some North Korean hemp, available for $72 a kilogram, have circulated for months. (While the North Korean weed likely has little to no THC, cannabis is strictly forbidden in China, so this Cold War-era ditch weed is the best they can do.)

But as any reader of Jack Herer knows, hemp oil can be used for fuel as well as food.

And according to a source in North Korea’s North Hamgyong Province, the hemp there is grown to be used as fuel for military purposes, Radio Free Asia reported.

asically the purpose of planting cannabis is to extract fuel for drones,” the source told RFA. (cont)

4 pounds of marijuana delivered as police search home

Updated 2 mins ago
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. --
Police in Winston-Salem were executing a search warrant when they say a parcel was delivered with 4 pounds of high-grade marijuana.

The Winston-Salem Journal reports 50-year-old Narel Remondadeon Rutherford faces multiple charges after Monday morning's search and delivery. Police say a search of a home also yielded eight marijuana plants and approximately a half-pound of marijuana from the kitchen and washing machine.

Stay on top of breaking news stories with the ABC11 News App

Police say in a news release that a delivery service brought the package from Portland, Oregon, while officers were inside the home. The contents have a street value of more than $20,000.

Rutherford was charged with manufacturing marijuana, felony possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and maintaining a dwelling for the purpose of violating the Controlled Substance Act. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.

Now THIS ^^ is some really fucking bad luck. LOL

McDonald’s Billboard and Our Marijuana Reality

McDonald’s Billboard and Our Marijuana Reality

Recreational marijuana use may still be illegal in New Mexico but that hasn’t stopped one clever McDonald’s franchise from strategically placing an intriguing billboard near the Colorado / New Mexico border.

Pandering to the soon-to-be famished road warriors headed for the Colorado state line and the legal weed that awaits them, a chronic tweet of a creative billboard near Raton, N.M. lit up social media over the weekend.

“Usually when you roll something this good, it’s illegal!”

Referencing Colorado’s legal marijuana market, the bold billboard left more than a few weary travelers wondering whether it was a political statement or just clever marketing.

Either way, according to KRQE, the dope billboard “has people laughing and many saying its placement is key.”

The billboard jokingly emphasizes the costly dividing line between the dark days of marijuana prohibition and America’s new reality – legal marijuana.

Miley Cyrus quit smoking marijuana because she thought it would kill her

Miley Cyrus decided to come clean about why she got clean.

The "Malibu" singer recently revealed her decision to quit smoking marijuana telling Billboard in May she wanted to be "super clear and sharp."

Now, Cyrus is telling Jimmy Fallon she quit pot because she feared it might kill her.

"I kept having this nightmare, it was seriously horrible…. I had this dream that I would die during my monologue on 'SNL' for some reason. That I would just get so stoned that I just died," Cyrus told Fallon on his late night show Wednesday. "Which I googled, and that’s never happened."

However, Cyrus said she was worried despite discovering "no one's ever died from weed" because "no one has ever smoked as much as I did, so they don't really know [if it's possible.]"

Miley Cyrus...really? That pinnacle of mature intellectual thought and reason, Miley Cyrus....that one? I thought previously that she was a tasteless moron and now....well, I still think of her as a tasteless moron.

"no one has ever smoked as much as I did, so they don't really know"

She hasn't lived long enough to make that claim, the idiot. Hell, I have some paraphernalia that's older than her. I was using cannabis before she was even born....as a matter of I was using cannabis before her mother was born. Fuck this cretin.

Last edited:

Miley Cyrus...really? That pinnacle of mature intellectual thought and reason, Miley Cyrus....that one? I thought previously that she was a tasteless moron before and now....well, I still think of her as a tasteless moron.

"no one has ever smoked as much as I did, so they don't really know"

She hasn't lived long enough to make that claim, the idiot. Hell, I have some paraphernalia that's older than her. I was using cannabis before she was even born....as a matter of I was using cannabis before her mother was born. Fuck this cretin.

If I could have liked your comments on this article 5 times I would have. Lord she's a real treat isn't she? :disgust:

What An Ass: Man Arrested for Bestiality Blames Weed

Everett Lee Compton, 49, has been charged with multiple counts of bestiality for allegedly having sex with a female donkey.

Compton, of Siloam Springs in Benton County, Arkansas, has been charged with bestiality, after police say he was recorded on a surveillance camera having intercourse with a local family’s pet donkey, on multiple occasions, this summer.

Preposterously, Compton blamed the bestiality on his marijuana habit!

Compton was arrested and taken into custody after Emert and Joyce Whitaker called 911 to report that a stranger was on their property, engaging in sexual activity with one of their two female donkeys.

Everett-Lee-Compton-Mugshot.png

According to multiple reports, Compton was caught red-handed, when officers found the suspect hiding in nearby bushes on July 17, after the couple noticed him engaging in the act on their security cameras.

According to an arrest affidavit cited by news station KHBS, when an officer questioned what Compton was doing on the Whitaker family’s property, he initially said “he was just taking a late-night stroll and decided to feed the donkeys some carrots.”

According to the cops, Compton initially denied having sex with the animal.

A police officer then informed the alleged trespasser that there were surveillance cameras installed on the property and that he planned on examining the footage.

Compton eventually admitted to sexual contact with the donkey… but blamed the deplorable acts on his marijuana habit. Compton told the officer he “smokes a lot of marijuana, which makes him do sick things,” according to the affidavit.

Owner Joyce Whitaker said she was “sickened and saddened because her pet donkey could not defend itself or ‘tell nobody.’”

What's the matter...couldn't he find any attractive sheep? LOL

"Their results suggested that cannabis consumption is associated with long-lasting changes in certain elements of a person’s walking gait"

and

"the magnitude of those changes is so small as to be clinically undetectable."

Now exactly how do you reconcile these two statements about the same frakin study!! LOL

I wonder if this study was publicly funded. haha

Australian Study: Does Cannabis Make You Walk Funny?

Submitted by Marijuana News on Tue, 08/22/2017 - 08:45
cannabis-funny-walk-1280x800.jpg

Researchers at the University of South Australia have published a study in the September 2017 issue of Drug and Alcohol Dependence that looks into the relationship between cannabis consumption and altered gait—or a person’s manner of walking.

The scientists set out to investigate balance and walking gait in adults with a history of cannabis consumption. The hypothesis was that cannabis consumption may be associated with subtle changes in gait and balance.

Previous studies had indicated that cannabis intoxication resulted in acute motor deficits, including changes in balance (Ramaekers et al., 2006). Also, in 2008, there was a study that found an acute concentration-dependent disturbance in balance, with increased levels of THC resulting in increased body sway (Zuurman et al., 2008).

The new study closely observed two groups of adults aged 18-49 years. 22 subjects had no history of illicit drug consumption. 22 other subjects had a history of cannabis use, but no history of illicit stimulant or opioid use.

Participants then completed screening tests, a gait and balance test that included a motion capture system, and a clinical neurological examination of movement.

Their results suggested that cannabis consumption is associated with long-lasting changes in certain elements of a person’s walking gait—but the magnitude of those changes is so small as to be clinically undetectable. The study found no difference between the two groups in term of how their balance changed over time.

Individuals with a history of cannabis consumption exhibited abnormalities in the lower limb during gait. In other words, the velocity of a person’s knee during the swing phase of gait was greater by seven percent in cannabis users than in non-drug users. The velocity of the knee during a swing phase of gait is indicative of increased cadence; however, no difference in walking speed was observed between the two groups.

The authors of the study called for further research to investigate if the gait disturbances diminish with increased time between cannabis consumption.

"Trebuchets"? Really?!! This is too funny. They need to get themselves some JATO rocket assist packs and then then can get them well clear of the border patrol...maybe as far as Indiana! HAHAHA

The Muppets had Pigs In Space....we now have Kilos in Flight! LOL So, if you see bricks of weed flying bt, are you either hallucinating or you are in AZ? LOL

100 pound package of marijuana launched over Mexico border fence
It's unknown what smugglers used to launch this particular package

By Astrid Galvan, The Associated Press

PHOENIX — Border Patrol agents in southern Arizona have seized a nearly 100-pound (45 kilogram) bundle of marijuana after spotting it flying over the border fence.

Surveillance video on Wednesday captured the large package launching through the air over the fence from Mexico to the U.S. Agents on the ground found a large, plastic-wrapped bundle worth about $48,000.

Spokeswoman Stephanie Dixon said drug smugglers are increasingly launching massive bundles of pot over the border fence, posing a danger to nearby residents and businesses because of their weight. She said she knew of one incident in which a bundle went through the roof of a dog house.

It’s unclear what smugglers used to launch this particular package, but in the past they’ve used home-made catapults and air cannons. Dixon said she didn’t know the number of such cases over the last few years.

“Not only is it illegal activity but it’s extremely dangerous to the public,” she said.

The incident occurred one day after President Donald Trump visited the border in Arizona and renewed his call to build a wall to stop the flow of drugs from Mexico.

Many sections of the border already have fencing — in this case between 18 and 23 feet high — that smugglers circumvent by simply flinging their drugs over the top of the barrier. Trump’s critics say his wall will do little to stop similar attempts.

Dixon said sending a bundle that heavy over a fence that would require a powerful launcher. She said agents can sometimes hear the packages being launched.

The area where the marijuana landed is near some businesses, but the Border Patrol hasn’t reported any damage from Wednesday’s incident nor have agents made any arrests.

Related stories
Dixon said she was unaware of an investigation by Mexican authorities into where the bundle may have come from on the Mexico side.

Last year, Mexican police in Agua Prieta, Mexico, which sits on the border with Douglas, found a stolen van that had been outfitted with a 10-foot (3-meter) air cannon to shoot projectiles into the United States.

Images provided by Mexican authorities showed the black van with a hole cut in its roof and a cannon in the back that could fire projectiles. Authorities also said they found an air compressor apparently used to launch packages.

The Border Patrol has said in the past that the most common form of throwing bundles over the border fence involves softball-sized marijuana packages that sometimes land in residential backyards. Smugglers pay people on the U.S. to retrieve the packages, which are then sent around the country.

High-pressure air cannons can launch much heavier packages. Smugglers have also used trebuchets, a catapult-type launch that can be made out of wood.

Despite smugglers’ creative methods to cross drugs into the U.S., marijuana seizures have dropped significantly in the Southwest over the last several years.

Agents seized 2.5 million pounds (1.1 million kilograms) at the Southwest border in 2011. By last year, that number had dropped to 1.3 million pounds (590,000 kilograms).

The Tucson Sector, which covers most of Arizona, also saw a steep drop in pot seizures, from 1 million pounds (454,000 kilograms) in 2011 to 728,000 pounds (330,215 kilograms) last year.

"Trebuchets"? Really?!! This is too funny. They need to get themselves some JATO rocket assist packs and then then can get them well clear of the border patrol...maybe as far as Indiana! HAHAHA

The Muppets had Pigs In Space....we now have Kilos in Flight! LOL So, if you see bricks of weed flying bt, are you either hallucinating or you are in AZ? LOL

100 pound package of marijuana launched over Mexico border fence
It's unknown what smugglers used to launch this particular package

By Astrid Galvan, The Associated Press

PHOENIX — Border Patrol agents in southern Arizona have seized a nearly 100-pound (45 kilogram) bundle of marijuana after spotting it flying over the border fence.

Surveillance video on Wednesday captured the large package launching through the air over the fence from Mexico to the U.S. Agents on the ground found a large, plastic-wrapped bundle worth about $48,000.

Spokeswoman Stephanie Dixon said drug smugglers are increasingly launching massive bundles of pot over the border fence, posing a danger to nearby residents and businesses because of their weight. She said she knew of one incident in which a bundle went through the roof of a dog house.

It’s unclear what smugglers used to launch this particular package, but in the past they’ve used home-made catapults and air cannons. Dixon said she didn’t know the number of such cases over the last few years.

“Not only is it illegal activity but it’s extremely dangerous to the public,” she said.

The incident occurred one day after President Donald Trump visited the border in Arizona and renewed his call to build a wall to stop the flow of drugs from Mexico.

Many sections of the border already have fencing — in this case between 18 and 23 feet high — that smugglers circumvent by simply flinging their drugs over the top of the barrier. Trump’s critics say his wall will do little to stop similar attempts.

Dixon said sending a bundle that heavy over a fence that would require a powerful launcher. She said agents can sometimes hear the packages being launched.

The area where the marijuana landed is near some businesses, but the Border Patrol hasn’t reported any damage from Wednesday’s incident nor have agents made any arrests.

Related stories
Dixon said she was unaware of an investigation by Mexican authorities into where the bundle may have come from on the Mexico side.

Last year, Mexican police in Agua Prieta, Mexico, which sits on the border with Douglas, found a stolen van that had been outfitted with a 10-foot (3-meter) air cannon to shoot projectiles into the United States.

Images provided by Mexican authorities showed the black van with a hole cut in its roof and a cannon in the back that could fire projectiles. Authorities also said they found an air compressor apparently used to launch packages.

The Border Patrol has said in the past that the most common form of throwing bundles over the border fence involves softball-sized marijuana packages that sometimes land in residential backyards. Smugglers pay people on the U.S. to retrieve the packages, which are then sent around the country.

High-pressure air cannons can launch much heavier packages. Smugglers have also used trebuchets, a catapult-type launch that can be made out of wood.

Despite smugglers’ creative methods to cross drugs into the U.S., marijuana seizures have dropped significantly in the Southwest over the last several years.

Agents seized 2.5 million pounds (1.1 million kilograms) at the Southwest border in 2011. By last year, that number had dropped to 1.3 million pounds (590,000 kilograms).

The Tucson Sector, which covers most of Arizona, also saw a steep drop in pot seizures, from 1 million pounds (454,000 kilograms) in 2011 to 728,000 pounds (330,215 kilograms) last year.
Funny story!
I live 2 hours north of MEXICO. (nice coast line
1tXfa2L.jpg

CALIFORNIA is DECENT?

Not so much weird, but not really legal news so....this is where it landed.

First cannabis ad runs on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC
In a first for the cannabis industry, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Viceland, the Weather Channel, Headline News, and Fox Business are now airing a national advertisement for a cannabis law firm.

The networks didn't want us to hit people over the head with the word 'marijuana.'
Bob Hoban, The Hoban Law Group
The Hoban Law Group, a national firm that specializes in hemp, medical marijuana, and adult-use cannabis issues, worked with Denver-based producer DCP Media to create a spot that met the requirements of a variety of networks.

It wasn’t easy. Bob Hoban, the firm’s founder and namesake, told Leafly the networks wanted to make sure “we didn’t hit people over the head with the word ‘marijuana.’ So in the ad we talk about industrial hemp, and the medical and adult use marketplaces. They asked us not to flash a lot of marijuana plants, which was fine, that’s not our M.O. anyway.”

The ad buy isn’t so much about immediate business development, Hoban said, as it is about keeping his firm on the pioneering edge of the industry. “We’ve been on the leading edge of the cannabis industry not just as lawyers but as business consultants,” he said, recounting his history as an attorney representing Colorado’s first dispensaries. “With this ad we’re continuing” to push the boundaries and reinforce the recognition of the Hoban Group as a national brand.

Because the product is legal advice, not cannabis itself, the spot got clearance to air in primetime.
Why was Hoban able to get the word ‘cannabis’ on the air? Much of the credit for that goes to Derrick Perkins, the DCP Media producer who worked with the law firm. Perkins, a veteran television advertisement and content producer, knew the specific guidelines that each cable network upholds when it comes to cannabis.

“They all have their own laws when it comes to cannabis,” Perkins told Leafly. Over the past 18 months, he said, he compiled a knowledge base that helped him craft language and a message that stayed within all those boundaries.

“What’s unique about Bob’s product is that you can’t ingest it,” Perkins said. It’s not cannabis flower, it’s not an edible or a topical. It’s straightforward legal and business consulting. Because of that, Perkins said, the Hoban firm was able to obtain primetime slots, from 7pm to 10pm weeknights.

Previous Firsts
The Hoban ad marks the first time the word “cannabis” is used or spoken directly in a national spot.

Previously, some ads that obliquely alluded to cannabis growing, without actually saying it, aired on at least one national commercial network. Last year this ad for Black Magic Potting Soil, a product from Scott’s Miracle-Gro, aired on ABC during the NBA Finals:

In case anyone missed the hint, Scotts Miracle-Gro CEO Jim Hagedorn told Forbes shortly thereafter that he intended to invest millions in the cannabis grow sector. “It is the biggest thing I’ve ever seen in lawn and garden,” he said at the time.

In August 2014, Leafly became the first cannabis-related company to place a full-page ad in the New York Times.

Mom note: Fixed that vid link for you. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesn't this stuff every happen to me?!! LOL

65 pounds of marijuana arrive with couple’s Amazon order

ORLANDO – Sixty-five pounds of marijuana arrived at a Florida couple’s home with an Amazon order.

WFTV reported that the customer and her fiancé immediately noticed how heavy the 27 gallons of storage containers they ordered were.

“We love Amazon and do a lot of shopping on Amazon,” the customer, who has asked not to be identified, told WFTV.

The couple said they noticed the strong odor of marijuana when they opened the containers.

Amazon has issued a statement, saying it worked with the customers to ensure their safety and will assist law enforcement investigating the case.

Police seized the order and launched an ongoing investigation. No arrests have been made.

Can't make this shit up if I tried.

Couple sues after cops arrest them for hibiscus plants mistaken for cannabis

The couple says officers with assault rifles arrested them and held them for several hours inside a police cruiser

By The Associated Press

PITTSBURGH — A Pennsylvania couple is suing their local police department and Nationwide Insurance Co. after they were arrested when an insurance agent mistook their hibiscus plants for marijuana.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday by 69-year-old Edward Cramer and his 66-year-old wife, Audrey, claims the agent came to their Buffalo Township home Oct. 5 to investigate a fallen tree. The Cramers claim the agent took photos of their flowering hibiscus plant and sent the images to police.

The lawsuit claims officers with assault rifles arrested the couple Oct. 7 and held them for several hours inside a police cruiser, despite both of them telling the officers the plants were actually hibiscus.

Related stories

The Cramers are seeking monetary and compensatory damages and court costs.

Neither Buffalo Township police nor Nationwide provided comment.

Yeah..... looks just like a flowering cannabis plant to me.... :mental:

View attachment 1283
Yeah, its unbelievable. I hope they sue the cops asses off....and understand, I support LEO's in general, they keep me safe and I'm grateful, and without law enforcement it would be anarchy. But its also true that some real assholes with serious personality defects have gotten badges and misuse their authority.

In this case, however, I think they were just a bunch of dumb asses.

Yeah, its unbelievable. I hope they sue the cops asses off....and understand, I support LEO's in general, they keep me safe and I'm grateful, and without law enforcement it would be anarchy. But its also true that some real assholes with serious personality defects have gotten badges and misuse their authority.

In this case, however, I think they were just a bunch of dumb asses.

Somebody needs to sue their insurance agent.

Wow, another instance of incredibly STUPID police. Now, I'm generally a fan of LEO's and without them we would have anarchy and all be at our slit windows defending the castle. But along with my support for their authority comes a VERY high level of responsibility for proper use of that authority and I'm all about busting nuts on cops who abuse their position, lie, and violate laws. They ain't LEOs in my book, they just another fucking criminal IMO..

SWAT-style search for marijuana over tea leaves and gardening heads to court
Authorities targeted a couple, both former CIA employees, after seeing the husband and his two children leaving a store that sold hydroponic gardening equipment

By Roxana Hegeman, The Associated Press

WICHITA, Kan. — A federal trial that begins Monday will focus on whether police lied about the results of tests on discarded tea leaves found in a Kansas couple’s trash to get a search warrant ahead of a SWAT-style raid on their home in search of marijuana.

Robert and Adlynn Harte are seeking $5 million for economic losses, emotional pain, distress and humiliation and an additional $2 million in punitive damages in response to the 2012 raid on their Leawood home.

Authorities targeted the Hartes, both former CIA employees, after seeing Robert Harte and his two children leaving a store that sold hydroponic gardening equipment, which is sometimes used to grow marijuana. Johnson County sheriff’s deputies found the brewed tea leaves in trash they collected from a curbside receptacle outside their home. An affidavit claimed field tests indicated the leaves were marijuana.

Officers armed with assault rifles raided the couple’s home on April 20, 2012. The calendar day is significant because April 20 marks an annual celebration among users of all things cannabis. On that day in Kansas, law enforcement authorities planned a series of marijuana raids dubbed “Operation Constant Gardener” capped by a news conference. But at the Hartes’ house, the swat team found only some scrawny vegetable plants the family was growing indoors. The Hartes sued Johnson County officials in 2013.

A federal judge dismissed the Hartes’ lawsuit in 2015, but the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals reinstated parts of it in July. Appeals Judge Carlos Lucero called the raid an unjustified government intrusion based on nothing more than junk science, an incompetent investigation and a publicity stunt.

“Law-abiding tea drinkers and gardeners beware: One visit to a garden store and some loose tea leaves in your trash may subject you to an early-morning, SWAT-style raid, complete with battering ram, bulletproof vests, and assault rifles,” Lucero wrote.

Related stories
Law enforcement officials enjoy a high level of immunity from liability, and many of the Hartes’ claims have been dismissed.

The key issue left for the trial is whether one or more officials lied about the positive field test results on the wet leaves, which would make the warrant invalid and the resulting search unconstitutional. The defendants facing trial on that claim are Johnson County deputies Mark Burns, Edward Blake and Thomas Reddin.

The Hartes’ attorneys have asked the judge to let them brew tea for jurors so they can determine themselves that wet tea leaves are different in appearance and smell than marijuana.

In addition, jurors will be asked to decide whether deputies used unreasonable force in executing the warrant, whether the deputies’ decision to remain in the Hartes’ home and detain them after it became clear there was no longer any probable cause constituted trespass and false arrest, and whether the deputies’ forceful entry into the house caused the Hartes to fear bodily harm and therefore constituted assault. Defendants facing trial on those claims are the Johnson County Board of Commissioners, Sheriff Frank Denning and several deputies.

U.S. District Judge John Lungstrum is presiding over the trial in the federal courthouse in Kansas City, Kansas.

:rofl:

Utah Cops Say Pot Causes Impotence, Stupidity And Death

By Russ Belville December 5, 2017

In the face of recent polls showing that 93 percent of Americans and Utah Democrats, as well as 65 percent of Utah Republicans, support medical marijuana, how are the pot-hating Utah cops supposed to get voters to fear passage of an upcoming Utah 2018 medical marijuana initiative enough to reject it?

Pot Smoking Will Soften Your Penis!
Weber County Sheriff Terry Thompson delivered a slide presentation last Wednesday at a town hall meeting attended by about 60 people at Bonneville High School, warning Utahans about the dangers they face if they approve of policies that 29 other states have already adopted.

Chief among those dangers? Men who smoke marijuana are more likely to experience erectile dysfunction.

Seriously. Utah cops think people suffering from debilitating illnesses are going to pass up an effective non-toxic remedy because men who toke might not be able to get it up.

Never mind the fact that this is no worry to the women who might use medical cannabis. Never mind that there is no conclusive evidence that impotence is a side-effect of male marijuana use. Never mind that even if it were, there exists Viagra, Levitra and Cialis to counteract it.

Instead, I just apply common sense.

How did Bob Marley, Tommy Chong and Willie Nelson end up with 24 children between them if smoking pot turned their trouser blunts into pants pinners?

Anybody with any marijuana experience will tell you cannabis is an aphrodisiac.

Pot Smoking Gives Genius Kid Mental Retardation!
Thompson continued, telling Utahans that marijuana use makes you twice as likely to crash your car (maybe, if you don’t correct for age and gender), suppresses your body’s immune system (sure, that’s why doctors recommend it to AIDS patients), increases the risk of cancer (sure, that’s why doctors recommend it as cancer treatment), psychosis (among people who are predisposed to it), gum disease (sure, if you don’t hydrate your dry mouth and brush your damn teeth), depression (yeah, that’s why they call it a “high”) and acute memory loss (short-term memory loss for frequent tokers that doesn’t affect cognition or processing).

Most egregiously, Thompson said marijuana has no—zero!—medical benefits, to an audience that included the vice president of the Epilepsy Foundation of Utah, who is currently using CBD oil to successfully reduce his daughter’s seizures.

But what do you expect from a cop who says, “[A neighbor] visited with me recently in tears. She’d worked with a 15-year-old who tested just on the borderline of genius, just a great kid. He decided to hang out with the wrong kids and started going down the wrong path… down that marijuana road. Within a year, they couldn’t get this kid to hardly test above a 70 IQ. It was just sad.”

Really, you’re supposed to believe a 15-year-old whose IQ was approaching 140 (borderline genius) smoked pot and in one year was then testing in the 70s (mental retardationapproaching 3rd-grader intelligence)?

They must have some way different pot in Utah. It’s so much more compellingly devastating than normal pot that even Utah’s rabbit population can’t get enough of it, at least according to what DEA told Utah legislators in 2015.

Pot Smoking Leads To Heroin Overdoses!
Of course, what slide deck full of Reefer Madness would be complete without the gateway theory?

Riverdale Police Lt. Casey Warren talked about his brother, who died from a heroin overdose, and noted that the drug use started with marijuana.

“He was the smartest one, best looking, best everything, but he made a choice and couldn’t stop. This addiction led to harder drugs, and ultimately, he overdosed on heroin… The hardest thing I had to do was tell my mom and dad their son was gone,” Warren said.

Uh-huh. And every murderous criminal Hell’s Angels biker I’ve ever met started on a kid’s little red tricycle. They made a choice to ride wheeled vehicles and couldn’t stop. This thrill-seeking led to fewer wheels and adding engines, and ultimately, they end up on powerful Harley-Davison motorcycles, terrorizing the community.

Thompson continued with his slide show, peppered with “facts” from the Rocky Mountain and Northwest High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas that receive federal money to concoct the worst scaremongering about marijuana in their legal states as possible.

Thompson cited the estimated one percent of all electrical usage in Washington used to grow weed and the environmental impact of illegal grows, which is a weird stat to bring up to condemn legal marijuana.

Final Hit: There’s Pot Smoking Happening In Utah NOW, You Know…
But that fits perfectly with the overall tone of the presentation, which seemed to be built on the assumption that there is no marijuana use going on in Utah now, and legalizing medical marijuana will suddenly introduce this brand-new phenomenon to the Beehive State, which everyone then would use irresponsibly and dangerously.

That was apparent on a slide that asked, ominously, “Do you want your family’s Medical Service Providers (doctors, nurses) on marijuana?” That was followed by a similar list of bullet points asking about pilots, truckers, school bus drivers, hunters, police, EMTs and construction workers on marijuana.

Are they doing that now in Utah? If not, why would these professionals choose to behave so irresponsibly after sick people are allowed to use marijuana for medical purposes? Especially when the initiative being considered bans marijuana smoking and any home grows within 100 miles of a dispensary?

The more states that pass marijuana reforms and the longer the sky doesn’t fall, the sillier and more desperate the cops get as they try to protect the easy arrest stats, asset forfeiture and government grants that come with busting people for weed.

WTF....you can't be an idiot and blow up your own home and get Lloyds to pay for it?? Oh, where is the humanity! LOL

Lloyds of London rejects claim after hash oil explosion destroys Colorado house

By Kirk Mitchell, The Denver Post

Venerable insurer Lloyds of London once covered actress Betty Grable’s legs for $1 million each, but a lawsuit in federal court makes it clear its practice of unusual policies doesn’t include secret hash oil production or any resulting explosions.

Underwriters of Lloyd’s on Tuesday filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Denver seeking a judicial declaration that the insurance company doesn’t owe a Bailey, Colo., family any money on a $1.2 million policy after their home exploded.

The lawsuit filed by Denver attorneys Patrick Hustead and Aaron Bell on behalf of Lloyds, which is based in London, accuses Patricia Woody of failing to reveal that family members ran a business in their home — specifically that they were growing pot and manufacturing hash oil, the lawsuit says.

Members of the Woody family including Zachary Woody were growing 300 marijuana plants inside the home at 1443 S. Ridge Road and were producing hash oil with equipment that included tanks containing butane gas.

Related stories
On March 10, hash oil exploded and caused a fire that injured Zachary Woody and two of his friends, Jerome Howard Jr. and Tamika Howard. The three suffered severe burns, the lawsuit says.

When a claims adjuster inspected the property on March 27, Scott Woody, Zachary’s father, said when he bought the property in December with the intention that his son would use it as a grow house business.

Lloyd’s of London reimbursed Patricia Woody for $1,573.88 in premiums and she deposited the check on Nov. 29, the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit says Lloyd’s contract made it clear the company does not cover fraud or bodily injuries arising out of criminal acts or the manufacture of controlled substances including marijuana.

I wish they were MY grandparents! LOL Well, maybe not when it comes time for their bail and legal fees....but these people were frakin 80 y.o.!! haha

Elderly Couple Stopped In Nebraska With 60 Pounds Of Weed 'For Christmas Presents'

press-release-07f8993ee1f778250f685f25db279dca070b44f3-s800-c85.jpg

Sheriff's deputies in York County, Neb., arrested an elderly California couple who had approximately 60 pounds of marijuana in their vehicle.

York County Sheriff's Department
Sheriff's deputies in York County, Neb., stopped a pickup truck on Tuesday when they noticed it driving over the center line and the driver failing to signal.

During the traffic stop, deputies noticed a strong smell of raw marijuana, the sheriff's department says.

Patrick Jiron, 80, and Barbara Jiron, 83, said they were from northern California and were en route to Boston and Vermont.

Deputies asked the driver, Patrick Jiron, about the odor, and he admitted to having contraband in the truck and consented to a search of the vehicle.

With the help of the county's canine unit, deputies searched the Toyota Tacoma. When they looked under the pickup topper, deputies found 60 pounds of marijuana, as well as multiple containers of concentrated THC.

"They said the marijuana was for Christmas presents," Lt. Paul Vrbka told the York News-Times. The department estimated the street value of the pot at over $3oo,000.

The Jirons now face felony charges of possession of marijuana with the intent to deliver and no drug tax stamp. (Nebraska law requires marijuana dealers to purchase drug tax stamp from its Department of Revenue as evidence that the state's drug tax has been paid.)

For the friends and family in New England who expected a bag of weed in their stocking this year, it looks like it won't be a green Christmas, after all.

Too, too, too frakin funny....also, too frakin' stupid....don't these people know another way to/from CA other than through Nebraska?

California couple busted in Nebraska last month with weed “gifts” arrested again on way home

LINCOLN, Neb. — A California couple arrested in Nebraska last month for carrying 60 pounds of marijuana they described as family Christmas gifts have again been arrested in Nebraska, this time on suspicion of carrying drug money.

Patrick Jiron, 80, and his 70-year-old wife, Barbara, both of Clear Lake Oaks, California, were arrested Tuesday along Interstate 80 in southeastern Nebraska, the Lincoln Journal Star reported. They were arrested last month along the same roadway — in the same vehicle — just two counties west.

Lancaster County sheriff’s officials said the couple were passengers in a pickup truck that was stopped Tuesday on suspicion of following another vehicle too closely. A deputy said a search of the truck turned up a duffel bag carrying $18,000 in cash, an oversized garbage bag with raw marijuana residue inside it and notes consistent with marijuana sales.

A 42-year-old woman driving the truck was not arrested, Lancaster County Sheriff Terry Wagner told The Associated Press on Tuesday. Instead, she was given a warning for the traffic violation and released, he said. Wagner did not know her relationship to the Jirons.

Related stories
“The Jirons bonded out of jail,” Wagner said. He did not know whether they were required to put up any money to bond out. Online court documents don’t list an attorney for the Jirons.

Wagner said his department plans to turn the cash over to the federal Department of Homeland Security. If federal officials are successful in legally seizing the money, Lancaster County would get to keep about 60 percent of it, Wagner said.

Authorities have said that when the Jirons were arrested in York County on Dec. 19, they said they didn’t know it was illegal to transport marijuana through Nebraska and that they were planning to give the drug as Christmas presents to relatives in Vermont and Massachusetts.

The Jirons are the parents of a Vermont prosecutor in Chittenden County, Justin Jiron. State’s Attorney Sarah George has said Justin Jiron is not connected to his parents’ alleged crime other than by relation.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back