Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Safety Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Always in search of the perfect vaporizer
@herbivore21 im curious about the Safety of the Solo2. I feel confident enough I emailed Arizer and they sent some info to me. It all sounds great and I'm not having any issues. Some folks that have a high sensitivity to smells seem to have a lot of issues with many vaporizers. Luckily I don't have that extra sensitivity,

I would like some info that I can give out when a few trolls decide to be an Arizer hater. You probably don't have the Solo 2. It might be hard for you to do a safety check. Just curious is all.

The Solo 2 is quickly taking the place of my beloved Solo OG.

This was Arizer response when I asked about the airpath.

I emailed Kevin at Arizer regarding the Solo 2s airpath.
This was his response. I'm sure he wouldnt mind me sharing this.

Thank you for your email.

We have carefully sourced our parts from all over the world and have gone to great lengths to source and use only safe quality parts, from glass to silica free ceramics, there are no glues, pcb's are lead free, no components contain mercury, all accessories are medical/food grade and temperature rated. All structure materials used inside are of safe non-toxic materials and are heat rated to temperatures much higher then the maximum operating temperature. Also, we perform comprehensive testing on all of our products and components to ensure they are completely safe for use by us, our friends, family, and consumers alike.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer

Last edited:
@herbivore21 im curious about the Safety of the Solo2. I feel confident enough I emailed Arizer and they sent some info to me. It all sounds great and I'm not having any issues. Some folks that have a high sensitivity to smells seem to have a lot of issues with many vaporizers. Luckily I don't have that extra sensitivity,

I would like some info that I can give out when a few trolls decide to be an Arizer hater. You probably don't have the Solo 2. It might be hard for you to do a safety check. Just curious is all.

The Solo 2 is quickly taking the place of my beloved Solo OG.

This was Arizer response when I asked about the airpath.

I emailed Kevin at Arizer regarding the Solo 2s airpath.
This was his response. I'm sure he wouldnt mind me sharing this.

We have carefully sourced our parts from all over the world and have gone to great lengths to source and use only safe quality parts, from glass to silica free ceramics, there are no glues, pcb's are lead free, no components contain mercury, all accessories are medical/food grade and temperature rated. All structure materials used inside are of safe non-toxic materials and are heat rated to temperatures much higher then the maximum operating temperature. Also, we perform comprehensive testing on all of our products and components to ensure they are completely safe for use by us, our friends, family, and consumers alike.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer
Wow, I just noticed talk about this question myself yesterday elsewhere on the world wide web! Thanks for the question Carol, this has got to be the question on a lot of people's minds right now.

I've heard concerns raised about solder joins inside of the Solo 2. I am curious as to what kind of solder they have used. Some solder joins can be more or less safe, even in a vapor path. It all hinges on what the composition of the solder was (to a slightly lesser extent, the quality of the soldering work - I would doubt this would be a problem).

Unfortunately, without a unit teardown, it is very hard for me to go over the safety of this unit. I wonder if there is a way that we can get somebody to do one? It would probably be best to get somebody from the manufacturer to join us and then we could get some of the requisite information.

I have been otherwise occupied IRL too much to post a lot lately, but if we can get someone from arizer or some teardown pics, I'd be more than happy to make some time where possible, this is something I'm very curious about myself! :biggrin:

A photo or two of what's 'under the hood of the Solo 2.

toJOaHI.jpg

ziKLrHN.jpg

From this quick peak we can define at least some of the details. First off, the battery is about 50% larger than before, now 3400mAh against the 2200 in the original Solo. Therefore, if the old Solo got say 8 to 10 sessions per charge, I'd predict something like 12 to 15 now? It charges 'faster' by about that same 50%, say 1.2 Amps as opposed to .8 so the time to recharge should be 'the same' (give or take).

This is a pic and info taken from another forum. He feels it's safe just curious about your thoughts.

There has been a few people spreading wild accusations about this unit. One person in particular never even used his Solo 2 at all with cannabis. Just turned it on high for about 10 times for ten minutes each time. He kept smelling the new vape smell each time. Then deemed it unsafe just on his recommendation alone. This person has done the same with several vaporizers. He screams wolf so often you can't believe what he says.

Edit
This is another letter from Arizer to someone in another forum who had emailed them regarding the airpath.

Hey guys! I wrote Arizer about the airpath concern and got a great response back:

The airpath is at the top of the unit, directly beside the heating element. It is true that the circuitry is not completely sealed off from the airpath, but this does not pose any risk to your health or safety.

We have carefully sourced our parts from all over the world and have gone to great lengths to source and use only safe quality parts, from glass to silica free ceramics, there are no glues, pcb's are lead free, no components contain mercury, all accessories are medical/food grade and temperature rated. All structure materials used inside are of safe non-toxic materials and are heat rated to temperatures much higher then the maximum operating temperature.

We perform comprehensive testing on all of our products and components to ensure they are completely safe for use by us, our friends, family, and consumers alike, and there is no off-gassing, fumes, or anything harmful being emitted from any of the Solo II components.

Last edited:
This is from Randy @PuffItUp from another forum. I hope it's OK to post this? I think it might help.

I'm half way done with our teardown of the solo 2. Here is a better look at the airpath. There is a barrier between the electronics and the chamber. We call this a "redirected airpath". 4 wires run from below the chamber into the circuit board. The path for the wiring is a very tight fit, however there is the possibility of air flowing through this gap. If not 100% isolated airflow maybe 99.9%.

** takes a solo 2 rip **

Edit: here is another pic

Edit
@herbivore21 I really respect your opinion on things. I would love to have your thoughts. The airpath isn't 100% isolated. I don't know if it would be as high as what was stated (99.9%) but I don't know enough to say. I also highly respect Andys thoughts as well.

@Vitolo do you have any thoughts or something to add? You have a lot of experience regarding vaporizers. I would love to hear your ideas.

Last edited:
There are many lead free solder materials available and are used, in particular, in wave soldering which is most likely how those PCBs are assembled.

Wiki - "Ti-silver-copper solders are used by two-thirds of Japanese manufacturers for reflow and wave soldering, and by about 75% of companies for hand soldering."

@herbivore21 I really respect your opinion on things. I would love to have your thoughts. The airpath isn't 100% isolated. I don't know if it would be as high as what was stated (99.9%) but I don't know enough to say. I also highly respect Andys thoughts as well.
Thank you for the very kind words :peace:

It is very difficult to say to what extent the airpath is or is no isolated, but these wires seem very, very close to the heater. I'd want to get test results similar to what we did to look at how hot the PTFE insulation was getting at max temp during use on the Ed's Woodscents vape here. I also definitely want to know what that insulation on the 4 internal Solo 2 wires is made of. There is a chance that this could be a safety concern and is the first thing I think needs to be ruled out. If that wiring path is not fully isolated from the vapor/airpath, then the wiring requires a good looking into to be established to be safe.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back