Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy well that sucks

It's good on sunburn too.

It's not good for everyone to drink it though. My wife ended up in the hospital after drinking it for a couple weeks. It screwed up her stomach and gut.

Up till then she loved it, lost weight felt great, but it didn't end well. 3 days in the hospital.
I hope she's feeling better, @Shredder. How terrible to try and improve your health, and have it go so terribly wrong.

We don't have poison Ivy in California, but we have poison oak. Ended up in the hospital with it as a child, in my eyes and down my throat, as well as most of my body. They used to burn it to get rid of it, and if you drove past you'd get exposed. Now I carry an epi-pen, and stay on trails.

Last edited:
They used to burn it to get rid of it, and if you drove past you'd get exposed.
I was going to say something about burning it..... When poison ivy or oak are burned they emit the oils into the air. If you breath the smoke the oils transfer to the lungs. It can kill you and I actually know of someone that died that way.

So do NOT burn the stuff!

I was going to say something about burning it..... When poison ivy or oak are burned they emit the oils into the air. If you breath the smoke the oils transfer to the lungs. It can kill you and I actually know of someone that died that way.

I second that. They would burn it at the parks when I was a small child. I remember my Mother yelling at us to roll up the windows in the car when we drove past on a burn day. The parks would be closed on those days, but clearly the smoke drifted. Next thing I remember I was in the hospital in an oxygen tent. I was only 4 or 5. Can't imagine that sort of thing now. Burn barrels and burning debris went out of favor. Burning Poison Oak certainly did. My next exposure caused anaphylaxis, but it wasn't burned. It put a crimp in my hiking adventures, for sure. It's the first thing I think of when someone suggests camping. It flashes through my mind, just before I say "No".

We have poison ivy and giant hogweed here.

Every year I have an area where poison ivy has tried to establish itself. I cover it up with many sheets of cardboard, topped with several inches of mulch and have pretty much eradicated it from my property.

Jewelweed, the original native plant of our cultivated Impatiens nursery plants, is the antidote to poison ivy's volatile oil as it neutralizes the toxin, Urushiol. Crush the leaves and rub the juice into the poison ivy exposed areas preferably after washing with cool water and soap, if possible. Or boil the jewelweed leaves in water, cool and soak the area in the tea.

Interestingly, jewelweed can often be found growing near poison ivy. I have a large stand of it that I cultivate. It is an attractive plant with little orange/yellow flowers. It is a few feet tall and very leggy compared to the hybridized version. But once you see it, it's clear that they are related. Jewelweed is also great for a myriad of skin irritations but it's claim to fame is its use as an antidote to poison ivy.

I don't have giant hogweed on my property but it grows on neighbouring properties. it looks similar to queen Anne's lace on steroids and can quickly grow to a dozen feet high. A few years back, a local farmer took a whipper snipper to a stand of giant hog weed. The whipper snipper scattered the toxic sap all over him. He became seriously ill within hours and died in the hospital a few days later.

We have poison ivy and giant hogweed here.

Every year I have an area where poison ivy has tried to establish itself. I cover it up with many sheets of cardboard, topped with several inches of mulch and have pretty much eradicated it from my property.

Jewelweed, the original native plant of our cultivated Impatiens nursery plants, is the antidote to poison ivy's volatile oil as it neutralizes the toxin, Urushiol. Crush the leaves and rub the juice into the poison ivy exposed areas preferably after washing with cool water and soap, if possible. Or boil the jewelweed leaves in water, cool and soak the area in the tea.

Interestingly, jewelweed can often be found growing near poison ivy. I have a large stand of it that I cultivate. It is an attractive plant with little orange/yellow flowers. It is a few feet tall and very leggy compared to the hybridized version. But once you see it, it's clear that they are related. Jewelweed is also great for a myriad of skin irritations but it's claim to fame is its use as an antidote to poison ivy.

I don't have giant hogweed on my property but it grows on neighbouring properties. it looks similar to queen Anne's lace on steroids and can quickly grow to a dozen feet high. A few years back, a local farmer took a whipper snipper to a stand of giant hog weed. The whipper snipper scattered the toxic sap all over him. He became seriously ill within hours and died in the hospital a few days later.
Giant hogweed?!! I'd never heard of such a thing, so I looked that up. That sounds awful. I'm never leaving the house again. Can you imagine? Deadly plants! I'm sticking to the other kind.

...giant hogweed is becoming a big problem, if you see it, keep away, alert authorities to eradicate it... it's serious shit as @Squiby mentioned...

This reminds me of some of the stupid dangerous stuff I did as a kid. I remember when I was young, around 10 or so...I'd never had weed or any drug, but I was so interested in the idea that I'd stolen small amounts of different herbs from my mother's spice cabinet in the kitchen, and experimented with rolling each of them up into small makeshift "joints" to see if any of them did anything. lol

Long story short, I tried smoking a small amount of crushed red peppers at some point in time....and holy shit, that was fucking painful! I'm lucky that I didn't do permanent damage!

My last j hook purchase was for 2x, still, only cost the same as 15 cigarettes would cost here!

Don't worry Les I have a backup in the cupboard. Bragging how I don't break glass & manage to smash a J hook & a GonG so I got off rather cheaply.

This reminds me of some of the stupid dangerous stuff I did as a kid.
As kids, we had this game where one of us would be blindfolded while various stuff would be placed in our mouth and we'd have to guess what it was. There were lots of weird gross food combinations often containing a healthy measure of cayenne or maybe an ant or frog.

I was the youngest and often was the one chosen to be blindfolded.

That game really sucked...:ugh:

As kids, we had this game where one of us would be blindfolded while various stuff would be placed in our mouth and we'd have to guess what it was. There were lots of weird gross food combinations often containing a healthy measure of cayenne or maybe an ant or frog.

I was the youngest and often was the one chosen to be blindfolded.

That game really sucked...:ugh:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. That's hilarious.
I never let anyone put anything in my mouth as a kid though. As I was raised in a southern conservative fundamentalist environment, and us boys were given enough toxically masculine and homophobic indoctrination to where letting anyone else put anything unknown in our mouths would have been worth fighting over when we were young and dumb. lol

But yeah, I was always the youngest in my group of friends growing up...so I was the butt of a larger portion of the jokes as well. I feel ya :cheers:

Last edited:
Somehow a big neighborhood game, when I was a child, was dog pile, where everyone would throw themselves on top of each other, and woe to the child on the bottom. Kind of sounds like a bad orgy, doesn't it? What I remember is, you couldn't cry, or you'd always be the kid on the bottom of the pile. That has to be one of the worst games, ever. It was like a dumbed down version of Buck Buck.
Bad Buck Buck, or Bad Orgy. You decide.

Last edited:
We call it stacks on & when you mix young teenagers with copious alcohol consumption it made things fun. Always ended in punch ons especially when it was one or two people that were the targets of stacks on all night :dog:.

We call it stacks on & when you mix young teenagers with copious alcohol consumption it made things fun. Always ended in punch ons especially when it was one or two people that were the targets of stacks on all night :dog:.
It sounds more exotic in Australia than I remember it being here. I didn't cry, so I got out of the game easy. My sister cried, whined, and told, then begged to play the next day. She was usually on the bottom. She was not a popular child. I can't imagine kids playing this sort of thing how. It might be like rolling hoops. Something kids used to do. Rolling hoops is the greater loss.

4i3z4fbedh931.gif

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back