Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy What Are You Reading?

@Stevenski, yes we tend to overlook that nasty part of Human History here in the west..his writing surprised me on city of thieves. I like military thrillers as well, SAS bad ass mofos! I'll check it out.. Reading similar style techno-thriller Novel series written by ex Delta operator..Covert Teams and spooks stuff, it's a guilty pleasure and fast action reading..

I find the truth is often stranger than fiction. Especially that murky cold war period. So many proxy wars fought on behalf of the superpowers. So much dodgy shit going down.

The SAS are the unit Delta was modeled off. If you find the SAS interesting I strongly recommend a book called "SAS Operation Storm, nine men against four hundred" written by one of the veterans Roger Cole. It is about the Battle of Mirbat in Oman 1972.

They arr still campaigning for Taliasi Labalaba to get the VC for what he did that day. One bad mofo with a heart of gold & limitless courage.

Screenshot_20200227-184018_Chrome.jpg

The entire Dhofar campaign is a textbook model of how to conduct & win a counter insurgency war.

Early last week my lady and I took out the max alloted books one can take out at a clip from the library to keep us occupied, most private libraries have closed or will close soon.
My daughter read’s 10 book’s a month.
She is working on her Phd in ENGLISH.
We speak French in our house when people are over from Europe!
I only complete 1 or 2 book’s per month?
My kid check’s out book’s at the local library!
Mine I buy to avoid late fee’s!
Magazine’s are also my weakness?

Our local library luckily emailed us stating no late fees due to the current climate. No late fees A!
My daughter is very academically driven.
I go by gut?
Improving my knowledge is my goal!
Late fee’s scare me.
Double black diamond trail’s on a steep mountain face decade’s before?

Sci fi/Noir Mystery fans this ones not to miss for 2020.
View attachment 19954
I read mostly non-fiction written by university professors. ( I’m hungry for information?)
I traveled this planet surfing, skiing, cycling, golf & river rafting and other sport’s.
Been reading since I was little however my Dad was a jock.
80%non-fiction/20% fiction poolside ( hot climate in Southern California)
Is your recommendation a must read?
Reading WHITE TRASH “400-year untold history of Class in America = NEW YORK TIMES BS
NANCY ISENBERG teaches at LSU wrote the book.

I want to get the book by Mary Trump. - it’s called “Too Much or Never Enough”. I like a physical book verses an E book. A book you can give away or loan it out.

I just finished the.Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George. It was historical fiction, a long book, very interesting. In my head I kept seeing a young Elizabeth Taylor.

Last edited:
@ataxian curious what did read during High School?
Book u suggested Public Enemy, heavy AF
I liked MARK Twain’s writting’s & tarzan comic’s.
LORD OF THE FLIES I read at least 3x.
BLACK BEAUTY a couple of time’s.
TREASURE ISLAND once.
Science Fiction like crazy!
Many ZOOLOGY book’s as well.
PHOTOGRAPHY had a big impact on my brain big time. (Read all magazine’s on the subject)
Before my paper route which paid for surfboard’s?
Surf stories of growing up on the beach before sidewalk’s took over CIVILIZATION!
SKI magazine’s had a big influence on life. (TAHOE is so fun!) small plane ride’s from the beach to the mountain’s.
JOINT’s is what we had to entertain our brain’s!

Last edited:
Its that spooky time of year to be reading a good old mystery thriller.

Check them out!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back