Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy What are you watching?

We did a small binge on Fawlty Towers last night. Gotta love John Cleese.....

tenor.gif

DC'S 'new' Zac Snyder cut Justice league on HBO max is insanely entertaining, highly recommend it, even better than the first theatrical cut.. one caveat, it's an ass burner with a run time clocking in at 4 hours! Haha.. Split it up if you can't binge it. Finally sets it straight between man of steel and batman.
Going in for MARVEL Winter Soldier/Falcon later today.

Last edited:
Allow me to use Suzanne Vega's Calypso as an introduction to what will follow. You may enjoy having the lyrics as you listen to this enchanting song which somewhat sets the tone.

The Odyssey is a recognized masterpiece of world litterature and its symbolism continues to inform our collective psychè. But rare are the people who have had the opportunity, the time or the skills to read it...

Now the following four parts series is praised for its accuracy to the Greek original. Produced in Europe at the end of the sixties, it is very hard to find and it has been reconstituted and put back together as a work of love. The soundtrack is in French with English Subs that you have to select yourself.

Like Ulysse's travels it's a long haul. But, in my humble opininon, quite worth it. May I suggest that you take a "daily" dose of it, as a kind of meditative exercice. Stop when you intuite that the time is right and get back to it the next day. It grows on you. And since it's a voyage in phantastica ... :weed: ...

I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. :peace:

Sing to me of the man, Muse, the man of twists and turns
driven time and again off course, once he had plundered
the hallowed heights of Troy.
Many cities of men he saw and learned their minds,
many pains he suffered, heartsick on the open sea,
fighting to save his life and bring his comrades home...

The Odyssey Opening Lines

idk you guys, ripped through Stephen Kings "The Outsider" on HBO.. :yikes:
had to cleanse the palette with some stand up comedy after that shit.
The above should soothe you though you'll travel to Hades...

Allow me to use Suzanne Vega's Calypso as an introduction to what will follow. You may enjoy having the lyrics as you listen to this enchanting song which somewhat sets the tone.

The Odyssey is a recognized masterpiece of world litterature and its symbolism continues to inform our collective psychè. But rare are the people who have had the opportunity, the time or the skills to read it...

Now the following four parts series is praised for its accuracy to the Greek original. Produced in Europe at the end of the sixties, it is very hard to find and it has been reconstituted and put back together as a work of love. The soundtrack is in French with English Subs that you have to select yourself.

Like Ulysse's travels it's a long haul. But, in my humble opininon, quite worth it. May I suggest that you take a "daily" dose of it, as a kind of meditative exercice. Stop when you intuite that the time is right and get back to it the next day. It grows on you. And since it's a voyage in phantastica ... :weed: ...

I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. :peace:

Sing to me of the man, Muse, the man of twists and turns
driven time and again off course, once he had plundered
the hallowed heights of Troy.
Many cities of men he saw and learned their minds,
many pains he suffered, heartsick on the open sea,
fighting to save his life and bring his comrades home...

The Odyssey Opening Lines

The Iliad and The Odyssey and third year Latin buried me as a fourteen year old
How we all learned about Odysseus (Ulysses in Latin, I think)
Hard recalling dead languages........live ones too

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back