Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories What are your can't live without vapor accessories

So I hear not all hot knife dab sticks are created equal, some take up to 30 seconds to get warm enough for the goo to slide off, my Puffco is nearly instant,

Another hot knife, buy a Versa at 40% off pre order and get a hot knife free!

(S&B brush)
They last a long time, they just get shorter...your Plenty should come with a new one!
DHGate are starting to sell hot knives, only in bulk...so far.
Nice looking,
Cheap looking,

Last edited:
They last a long time, they just get shorter...your Plenty should come with a new one!
DHGate are starting to sell hot knives, only in bulk...so far.
Nice looking,
Cheap looking,
Aye the plenty comes with a brush 2 add 2 the collection :lol: , a bought loads of the s&b brushes a while back, very handy and not expensive at all.

Last edited:
Just came across these on the gate
Only in bulk as Les had mentioned

I contacted them about single purchases
With a bit of fuffing around and messages back and forth through the afternoon I have managed to order 2 pieces with the protection cover
Posted for $40 USD
Had to get the two to make the order but for the price it wasn't too bad
The closest was about $43 USD shipped for one unit (@LesPlenty shared the link somewhere an $8 blade)
So two for the same price is okay, hopefully they work well

https://m.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-premium-e-cigarettes-kits-electronic/769556173.html

To get the order without buying 100 of them for 500aud I had to buy something else at a lower cost and they are going to swap the order out for two hot knife tips
It was a bit of back and forth as they said to order one thing and they'd change the price - it was unsuccessful a number of times as they couldn't reduce the price enough on such bulk orders on the system (they are only wholesale)
They worked with me for a while and then they gave up
I went through the store and found this link where they have boxes for the grinder at 19cents a unit
I was able to order a few hundred boxes to make up the $40 USD price agreed upon
I bought the boxes and they will swap out and sent the hot knife tips instead

https://m.dhgate.com/product/custom-logo-smoking-accessories-4-layers/701403926.html

Hopefully all goes well and I didn't just buy a heap of tiny cardboard boxes hahaa

I have the inbox conversation with the seller I can screenshot and give to DHgate as proof of anything goes wrong
I think all should be fine and I'll have a new 510 hot knife with a spare soon enough
Will let everyone know when they arrive how it went/how good they are

My hot knife blades arrived today
Have tested one once
Works brilliantly
Instantly melts the dab off with no wait time as @LesPlenty describes his puffco one works
Very happy with the purchase and seller
IMG20220705144801.jpg
IMG20220705144818.jpg

I am absolutely loving these hot knives
I knew I wanted to try one and could see the purpose/use, but I really didn't expect to see it as such a "need"

It makes the whole dab experience quicker and easier from start to clean up and you just seem to notice how much less of a fuss having a dab is
I was using a 7th floor pick that came with the LSV before and found it the best of many tools I had as it was so thin most of the dab came off easily and had little clean up
This is even better by miles

It works on any pen battery or modbox
Pen batteries are smaller and better shaped to get in where needed and have plenty of power
I liked the look on a quaser battery as it all fits together like factory in diameter etc - the problem was that the lid was able to slide down the battery body and stopped when it hit the blade end
If it was in a pocket or bag this could potentially be a breakage hazard if it was pushed against something

The doteco mgear4 https://vaporasylum.com/threads/mgear4-by-doteco.1562/ is my choice for the blade as I like the size and the look
Also it has 4 power settings so you can get enough heat to work the blade instantly
The other reason it will be good for the blade is the lip this battery has works as a stopper for the protective cap and it can't slide down and hit the blade

Overall I highly recommend these ceramic hot knife blades for serious dabbers and can say now that it is a vaping item I no longer want to live without

Atm the only downside is that it's so fun to use while in the honeymoon period that I'm going through dabs quicker just so I can load the dab with the blade.....hahaa (and it happens so quick that the thrill of using is over in an instant so you want to have another dab just to try it again)

Go the dhgate for the win again
I think the $8usd one @LesPlenty shared is similar from photos for those in merica

Pics of the quaser and mgear4 below and the cap/lid

IMG20220706183358.jpg

IMG20220706190459.jpg

IMG20220706183538.jpg
IMG20220706183635.jpg
IMG20220706183657.jpg

Looks good on the Quaser, even more 'factory ' looking than what it came with. I wonder if a bit of silicon hose a bit shorter (or o-rings) than the cap/cover inside the cap/cover could slip over the blade without touching when installed but stop the cover sliding right down?

Looks good on the Quaser, even more 'factory ' looking than what it came with. I wonder if a bit of silicon hose a bit shorter (or o-rings) than the cap/cover inside the cap/cover could slip over the blade without touching when installed but stop the cover sliding right down?
It didn't come with any battery
They are just 510 tips

The quasar looks factory fitted
The other one is one we were asked to review
Looks nice like an old lighter and has one extra heat setting than most plus more power so longer charge
I like the extra heat on the mgear and the lip catching the lid is convenient
An o ring like you say may make the quasar one work too with the cap

Any pen battery will do the job or modbox though for these tips/blades
This is all that came in the package (X2)
IMG20220706203144.jpg

The quaser and linx battery are nice and small with the hot knife for tiny stashes
Would probably fit in one of the plastic dynavap cases I have too which might be a work around the cap issue (not a real problem but I can see the potential to happen)

Great blades and you can pick your battery of choice - quaser looks the most "factory" or form fitted
Happy dabber here....
IMG20220707152011.jpg
IMG20220707152043.jpg
IMG20220707152132.jpg
IMG20220707151850.jpg

So I have been watching a few videos of the monarx sparx hot knife 510 that Les linked above a while back
Whilst they work - and better than some I've seen - they do take longer before the rosin slides off in videos

My 510 hot blade works almost instantly just like @LesPlenty puffco knife
So definitely not all are equal
I've seen some that take even longer to melt off

Also the place I got mine from asked me to share their store and product
I did already but here it is again
They are really helpful and the units are cheaper and better than the monarx ones
As good as a puffco
I use on the mgear and quaser batteries

This is the link for the blades

https://m.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-premium-e-cigarettes-kits-electronic/769556173.html

They will negotiate a price for how many you want - approx $40 USD for two

You will have to pay via this link using the cardboard boxes as they are a wholesaler and don't do small amounts usually

https://m.dhgate.com/product/custom-logo-smoking-accessories-4-layers/701403926.html

Just buy enough boxes that make up the value you agree upon

They asked me to share my experience and their store
I highly recommend if anyone is looking for a hot knife
Works as good as a puffco but at a better price - the other cheaper options are not as good

If you dab I highly recommend a hot knife, I don't know how I dabbed without it now

PBW: Amazing for cleaning all your glass. Much superior to rubbing alcohol.

Bottle of EverClear: Not for drinking! I much prefer using this to rubbing alcohol nowadays. Use with the pieces that can't be cleaned with PBW.
Great thread. PBW and the Chemistry of Clean is a resource that I have put off writing for too long. It's important to note, that while PBW is an excellent cleaner, it is not a sanitizer. EverClear of course is both a polar, and a non polar solvent, and a sanitizer.

My can't live without accessories are .....
A pointy stick to clear out the bowl - wooden skewers are my preferred weapon
Storz and Bickel brushes
Cork pipe knockers in my old ashtrays for debowling
Salt scoops for loading
Bendy bottle brushes for cleaning my glass
Makeup brush holders for stems and adapters

Cannot Do Without with my Faves. .
DynaVap—- (1)Induction Heater(Rover)
(2)simrell fmj for DynaVap vapcap 2021 and B models.
(3) some patience with how best to operate DynaVap and achieve online video cumulus and nimbus videos .
(4) As someone on VA Said “Respect theClick”
(5) there is probably a five but at present I can’t remember what it is for DV - next

Mighty Plus - have silicon-base bubbler to attach by removing the cooling unit and using bubbler when I am in the mood to run higher temps. Never above 398F, plenty of Flowerfor continual sessions.

Tinymight2-(1) Extra Molicell 28 A/35A draw Batteries if vapprized/Vaperooni wants the electrons/cumulus and 18650 normal-rate-charger.
(2) rimless basket and rimmed 13mm/1/2” basket-screens
(3) spare 16mm Grav Octo-taster or Upline taster- broke one today answering phone- forgot I had it on where I sat
(4)(Ed’s 16mm wood stem for different moods.Plenty of Flowerfor ailments

Airvape Legacy Pro— Mighty mesh-screen or Lid from Mighty dosing capsule / lid only.to put on top of bowl with built-in
dosing-disc. Removed smalloval-screen Just to keep ALP. Cleaner for more enjoyable experiences. Plenty of Nugs.as time moves on the list will surely grow

75BBCDAF-BB1A-4636-8E27-3CE8809953CD.jpeg
73096861-FCE2-47B8-A4F6-EA5CEE28DF44.jpeg
703AB691-9AD7-49FD-AAF3-681A612BD6A0.jpeg
C89F28F8-8B7B-4BE6-8557-CC23748CCBCB.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back