Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy What Car Should I Buy?

Yea I'm not a fan of diesel engines
They are getting banned from major cities around the world

People like them for distance off road and low revs/high compression, but I still don't like the environmental issues with them

I like that the cars electric, but I'm not a fan of 3 wheeled cars. :rip:

Bambi killer;
In April 2017, a US federal judge ordered Volkswagen to pay a $2.8 billion criminal fine for "rigging diesel-powered vehicles to cheat on government emissions tests".
and pars are expensive.
Nissan Leaf has no pars to go wrong, like a Mighty though, non-user replaceable batteries are a bitch so buy new in his market for battery warranty.

Volkswagen got off too easy on that one IMHO. Volkswagen should have been hit with a larger fine, and perhaps been banned from selling any of their vehicles in the USA for a minimum of 5 years for deliberately falsifying and cheating on the emissions tests. Espceically since Volkswagen owns 12 different brands of Automobiles. The Group comprises twelve brands from seven European countries: Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN. That would discourage other manufacturers from even thinking about doing the same thing. 2.8 Billion dollars to Volkswagen is like the spare change you find in your couch.

Last edited:
but I still don't like the environmental issues with them
Maybe in the past, not so in the last few years, google;
Indeed, diesel engines can emit a fair amount of nitrogen compounds and particulate matter as they burn diesel fuel. These facts combined to give diesel fuel a bad environmental name, even though it in fact emits lower amounts of carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and carbon dioxide than does gasoline.

Also, diesel needs much less refinement than gasoline not to mention less is needed to go further.
Most newer diesels have about the same emissions as petrol, electric is the cleanest fuel available and is the way of the future...just need a charging station half way across the Simpson Desert (my next planned trek)

Maybe in the past, not so in the last few years, google;
Indeed, diesel engines can emit a fair amount of nitrogen compounds and particulate matter as they burn diesel fuel. These facts combined to give diesel fuel a bad environmental name, even though it in fact emits lower amounts of carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and carbon dioxide than does gasoline.

Also, diesel needs much less refinement than gasoline not to mention less is needed to go further.
Most newer diesels have about the same emissions as petrol, electric is the cleanest fuel available and is the way of the future...just need a charging station half way across the Simpson Desert (my next planned trek)
Diesel is still shit no matter how much they pay scientists to say otherwise
Bio diesel is mostly bs
Even though modern ones are better than the past they have been bringing out these statements since they were really bad and now say they are improved and not as bad as before when they said they were good anyway

If you want to run your car on fish n chip oil however it's Great for environment but not your cars performance

Also the fact that most diesel on the road are old ones anyway so that's what counts

And the fact most owners are shit at cleaning the filters and keeping up with emissions but like to remap and block sensors for performance and own stickers saying "soot gets the moot" which is environmentally and sexually problematic

I get the positives in a diesel engine and why they have been used, but the negatives can't be ignored
Bambi killer among others

Electric is the future and they go better than most others

Tata has a car that runs on compressed air and will get around town for a couple days on a fill
They just have not mass.produced yet as they are still earning good dollars off range Rovers etc

Plenty of better options that the tech has been around for ages but big business keeps it at bay until they have used up other resources

Solar is all the rage now
My dad was an installer in the 80s for solarhart
Bp and others bought a lot of the tech and shelves it till now decades later

Anyway
Glad to see electric and air cars slowly making their mark

Once they sort out an infrastructure we will be getting somewhere

Anyway
I wouldn't buy a diesel hatchback anyway
Only a consideration for trucks and forbys

So the electric hatches are good if you have money or the Hyundai's are great all round value going on the original post

Last edited:
Lol... I saw this today and it reminded me of this thread. Sorry... I couldn't resist. :biggrin:

67940232_10157347982233674_8830834707722665984_n.jpg

I bought a 2016 Honda Fit today. A beautiful blue. I did buy the 100,000 mile maintenance agreement (not motor or transmission it has one in place already for 2more yrs) it was only $1600 and included roadside assistance. It made me feel more secure.
Its a fun car to drive and the seats fold down for hauling stuff like Costco paper towels. Here’s a picture I took at the car lot.
18392E61-441C-4C3D-98E0-0BF296851ADB.jpeg
B2811FFB-DCEC-48B5-A260-20685ABB0002.jpeg

I bought a 2016 Honda Fit today. A beautiful blue. I did buy the 100,000 mile maintenance agreement (not motor or transmission it has one in place already for 2more yrs) it was only $1600 and included roadside assistance. It made me feel more secure.
Its a fun car to drive and the seats fold down for hauling stuff like Costco paper towels. Here’s a picture I took at the car lot.
View attachment 11606View attachment 11607
How exciting! Congratulations on your new car!

Nice one Carol. The Honda Fit/Jazz is like a lot of Hondas. Bulletproof & well thought out. I miss my old Integra sometimes.

@CarolKing good choice, a good friend of mine used to be in the Car Sales biz and always touted the Honda fit as a sound choice for city driving, she even bought one as well.
now can we get a revamped 1966 EV GTO, or a 1970's style EV Hemi Cuda?
wishful thinking
I miss my old 351 Cleveland engine ford Fairlane 76 model
Such a beast
Had it fully done up
It still brings a tear thinking about letting it go

@CarolKing good choice, a good friend of mine used to be in the Car Sales biz and always touted the Honda fit as a sound choice for city driving, she even bought one as well.
now can we get a revamped 1966 EV GTO, or a 1970's style EV Hemi Cuda?
wishful thinking

I had a 72 cuda with a 340, not a hemi, but it was still quick. I have a picture somewhere, when I bought it in 74. I was leaning against it and had on purple pants and a Paisley print shirt with long hair, think Austin Powers, lol.

We're more into comfort now. I have a country Cadillac (4wd Chevy pickup) and my wife drives a blue whale (Chevy awd traverse). 4 wd is pretty much needed where we live.

Last edited:
@Shredder
very nice on the 340, always wanted a Cuda (not a mechanic but can appreciate well built muscle cars) I hear ya on the comfort, i'm a big fan of wagons, particularly with the AWD action. I have a 60lbs mutt so Cargo space is critical when searching for a ride.
would still b fun putting the 'sound' of a muscle car into an Electric Vehicle, haha

my old 351 Cleveland engine ford Fairlane 76 model

Wow that's amazing, you should have kept it

The 89 CRX is a modern cult classic @Disrupt. Personally I am a 205 GTI man but both are go karts :smile:

Haven't driven the Peugeot, but might look into it if the Solo doesn't work out. Ready to test drive a pre-production model, but currently, there's no shop to service it in this part of the country. It's too bad - the PPSs are even leaner than the production model, with no air conditioner, power steering or breaks ~1,600 lbs.

CRX has been a blast. This is the second with the first serving as a parts car. Distracted drivers run into it all the time. It has a few mods - springs, intake and exhaust.

In the 70's, early 80's piloted hand-me-down land yachts including a Lincoln Continental Mark IV with an insane 460 cu in (7.5 L) Ford 385 V8 engine.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back