Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy What Car Should I Buy?

CarolKing

Always in search of the perfect vaporizer
Debated as to whether to start a new thread. Need help! What kinda car should I buy?
I love the car I have but it’s getting older a 2009 Mini Cooper. My mechanic said to trade it in. They are too expensive if anything major goes wrong with them.

I would like to find something a couple years old, sporty hatchback under $17000. What about a Kia Niro? I don’t like the Soul and I don’t want an SUV. I liked the Chevy Cruz with the hatchback. They are being discontinued!! This is a difficult decision for me. :BangHead:

Debated as to whether to start a new thread. Need help! What kinda car should I buy?
I love the car I have but it’s getting older a 2009 Mini Cooper. My mechanic said to trade it in. They are too expensive if anything major goes wrong with them.

I would like to find something a couple years old, sporty hatchback under $17000. What about a Kia Niro? I don’t like the Soul and I don’t want an SUV. I liked the Chevy Cruz with the hatchback. They are being discontinued!! This is a difficult decision for me. :BangHead:

I take it you live in a city, and you prefer a car, not a suv, am I right?

Toyota and Hondas both make reliable and reasonable priced cars.

I wouldn't be afraid of the cruise either. GM isn't going away anytime soon. And repairs are generally cheaper on domestic cars.

IDK a thing about Kia's.

I have an older Chevy Blazer (2003) just for an extra car. It runs when nothing else does. So I would rather not get another SUV. Something small easy to fix and easy to park with good gas mileage. I prefer a hatchback. I’ve been told by my son in-law to stay away from Volkswagens. They aren’t going to be making the Beetle anymore I was reading.

It would be a bummer if you bought a car then found out they aren’t going to be making them anymore. Like the PT Cruiser. That would really piss me off.

Subaru makes really good AWD vehicles and their motors are quite good, nice safety ratings as well. They're really popular here in the mountains though they dont make it through the snow quite like a pickup :biggrin:

They're popular around my neck of the woods too. I had a outback for a while myself. My biggest problem was the dealer was a hundred miles away, and not a lot of local mechanics liked working on it. But it served me well.

Subarus go alright over here

I would avoid Holden(GM) Cruze
I was looking for my daughter not long ago and they have a big rep for blowing trannies
After 2010 they were crap

Ford focus was good, but after about 2012 they use the same shit style of gearbox, a few cars used them and they were known to break

I got my daughter a 2016 Hyundai accent with 27,000km on it for $9000 AUD

Great reliable and clean little hatch
They are known to keep going

My 2002 Hyundai accent is still going strong too, I gave that to the younger daughter when I got a new car

Vw golf are great cars but can cost a bit more

Last edited:
My wife has a Hyundai (the more expensive arm of Kia)Veloster(now 6 years old) and it has not missed a beat, great on fuel, small and zippy like your Mini, just a little bigger;
1564202617559.png

1564202651191.png

It actually has a hidden rear door(passenger side only so occupants can only exit on the safe side;
1564202905143.png

Lots of fun colors, my wife got the Sunflower Yellow as pictured.

Attachments

• 1564202653046.png
    1564202653046.png
    387.9 KB · Views: 96
@LesPlenty Never seen this Veloster by Hyundai interesting looking car,
If I lived in a city I would seriously look into that meccanica solo. So many new EV's coming out, and niche markets.

Really? I love my 5 speed, 96 VR6 passat (B5) wagen, still going strong. Their all in with EV from here on out.
I asked about cost when paying for repairs. The guy who maintains my cars said the same thing because it’s costly to get a mini fixed and that was my concern. Another friend said the same thing about the cost when something goes wrong. I’m sure they are really well made. I always liked the Jetta. The VW bugs I just love.

We went electric with a Nissan Leaf. You can find them pretty reasonably priced used. Check your community. There are often incentives to buy them, free chargers, etc. Nothing much to break. Nice to not have to change oil, buy gas, etc. Not for everyone, but I love mine.

@CarolKing - best small, high mileage per gallon, car I have owned is a VW Golf diesel. Got close to 50 mpg on the highway, its a hatch back and you can get a LOT into it, and its very sporty and handles very well.

VW Golf diesel
Bambi killer;
In April 2017, a US federal judge ordered Volkswagen to pay a $2.8 billion criminal fine for "rigging diesel-powered vehicles to cheat on government emissions tests".
and pars are expensive.
Nissan Leaf has no pars to go wrong, like a Mighty though, non-user replaceable batteries are a bitch so buy new in his market for battery warranty.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back