Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape What is your favorite Portable Concentrate - Rosin specific - Vape

It's not what I would call fully portable, well.not pocketable
But I'm really enjoying my focus v carta
Especially with the sic bucket and ceramic lid upgrades
Currently one of my favorites along side my hermes3 or ve10 quaser

So after a recent clean and my last post about it my Hermes 3 and ve10 have decided to swap position and make me a fibber.....lol

The Hermes 3 is working better this fill and the ve10 quaser leaked

I guess they both are pretty even in function and fault and both have potential to leak

Not sure why they leak when they do
Other times no issue at all

You can tell when it's starting to get harder to draw that it is getting ready to leak or has started and you can often unscrew and clean the air holes and threads with a tissue or the likes

But it is a little annoying
Still one of my fav two ATM as the use of feco is brilliant and really good for outings as the strong oil only needs a few puffs to keep you there as you go about your day

Fasttech may be slow but they are good to deal with, my Longmada Crystal died a while back and I just received a warranty replacement. The new Crystal is quite different from the one it replaced, much higher fence heater,
IMG_20200226_132613.jpg

The glass, atty and o-rings are all interchangable, I will get around to trying it one day!

Fasttech may be slow but they are good to deal with, my Longmada Crystal died a while back and I just received a warranty replacement. The new Crystal is quite different from the one it replaced, much higher fence heater,
View attachment 16627

The glass, atty and o-rings are all interchangable, I will get around to trying it one day!
The old crystal was crap ime
Be interesting if the changes make it usable or not

I thought it was OK for that type of concentrate device, just a pain to clean and load, it also got hot very quickly running at 50+watts!

I thought it was OK for that type of concentrate device, just a pain to clean and load, it also got hot very quickly running at 50+watts!
I found it pretty shite and not all that efficient
Same with the motar and quarta

I didn't think they worked well at all
Motar prob the best of a bad bunch I reckon

Just my opinion out of the trate choices available

Still, be cool to see what if any improvements came from the changes

So I thought I would try my new replacement Longmada Crystal and did a couple of 50w burnoffs (it can handle 60w). Something smelt funky so I did a couple more and noticed a milky cloud in the bottom of the cup, under the bottom of it, I let it all cool and unscrewed the atty to find a melted insulator, so I might give up on it,
IMG_20200303_182258.jpg

So I thought I would try my new replacement Longmada Crystal and did a couple of 50w burnoffs (it can handle 60w). Something smelt funky so I did a couple more and noticed a milky cloud in the bottom of the cup, under the bottom of it, I let it all cool and unscrewed the atty to find a melted insulator, so I might give up on it,
View attachment 16845
Okay, thanks for the information mate
My old one was crap in function but hadn't burnt out in the first use
So much for upgrades

Much better options these days anyway I guess

I actually managed to replace the insulator with one from a burnt-out Sai atty and it seems to be fine now but...better options and it still smells funky after a clean!
On a more positive note, I gave the Sai a run today with the Ti bucket, maybe not as tasty as the quartz but it does seem very efficient, Mi temp mode at 175c gave me 30 or so quite good puffs, nice and easy on the throat at that temp and no char taste...easy to clean up too and a nice change to boot.

Edit, the Sai insulator seems to be quite different in material to the Longmada, well it is now as the Longmada is actually crunchy!

I gave the Crystal another clean and it smelled OK running at 40w (rated 40 to 60). At 40w it took 2x10 second presses to get any visible vapor, some taste that was OK but the oil still climbed the walls at that power and I don't trust it to go any higher, lucky it was only $10, I have spent more on a crappy tasting cocktail!

Does anybody know where I can buy atty insulators like the one burnt out above as I out of spares?

I have been using my Quaser with the VE10 cartridge filled with my FECO(un winterized) and it is performing great, huge clouds, not stealthy at all in that regard!
I have had about 5 sessions and some help from a friend and it is still over 3/4 full. The ABV/grinder/jar FECO tastes very different to rosin, not bad, just different...nutty/pine flavour my friend said. So I might try some puck only FECO but will need more carts, good old $2ea here, I guess we got sent the thick oil(2.0mm holes) version, not the CBD(1.2mm holes version). I think the 0.5 ml will be OK as it will allow for more regular cleaning? Or should I wait for the 1.0ml to get back in stock.

I have been using my Quaser with the VE10 cartridge filled with my FECO(un winterized) and it is performing great, huge clouds, not stealthy at all in that regard!
I have had about 5 sessions and some help from a friend and it is still over 3/4 full. The ABV/grinder/jar FECO tastes very different to rosin, not bad, just different...nutty/pine flavour my friend said. So I might try some puck only FECO but will need more carts, good old $2ea here, I guess we got sent the thick oil(2.0mm holes) version, not the CBD(1.2mm holes version). I think the 0.5 ml will be OK as it will allow for more regular cleaning? Or should I wait for the 1.0ml to get back in stock.
.5 will work
I have Hermes ones that size
I like the 1 ml though and only fill it halfway

I think it is more stealthy in the fact that it looks and performs like an ecig

The E vapes produce huge clouds in comparison to our weed vapes

Glad you are enjoying the feco
Winterised is even better :)

I find the flavour not amazingly different between different materials used as it isn't really terpene based flavour after the solvent
So I just mix avb and pucks and trim together
Winterisation made it taste cleaner though

Happy experimenting mate

Those Ali express links don't work for us for some reason. And I can't find anything aristech except a t shirt on aliexpress.
Might be an apple thing? Try through a TOR browser, that is what I do when the Aus gov says I can't look at stuff!

I've been testing and trying out the Pico eleaf modbox with the Hermes 3 and ve10 carts
I got sick of the quaser/Hermes batteries going flat so quick and before the Carta were empty
Also sometimes the vapour production was thinning as you went through the cart

I've found anywhere between 10 and 14 watts works well
Change as per preference and needs to keep clouds where you want them and flavour

I find the modbox works much better and you can fine tune your experience
Better more dense and consistent clouds
Also much better battery life that can also be changed out if needed

I like the feel in my hand too, small enough being the one battery Pico but a bit nicer to hold in the hand than the tiny pen batteries

I'm enjoying the feco in carts even more like this

I've noticed @LesPlenty has been AWOL
Hopefully he hasn't caught the corona cough over there on the lil tazzy island

I am back online today, my modem blew up and it took a week for postage from NSW to Tas!
I have managed to use half a tank of the VE10 cart on the Quaser and managed a bit of leakage through the bottom along with blockages so I am glad the new tanks I have coming are half the capacity so should be good for cleaning vs using.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back