Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape What is your favorite Portable Concentrate - Rosin specific - Vape

winterizing
I actually went the rosin route for concentrates to get away from using solvents so if that process is needed to make rosin work in a cart it probably is not for me. (we don't get ethanol here, we would have to use iso or get a still too).

I actually went the rosin route for concentrates to get away from using solvents so if that process is needed to make rosin work in a cart it probably is not for me. (we don't get ethanol here, we would have to use iso or get a still too).
Metho is actually ethanol here
It just has a bad taste they add to stop people drinking it

I prefer to use iso or my homemade ethanol though

I don't winterise rosin and according to that Linx link that pen takes any trate apparently

Be keen to hear the feedback when it arrives

Got my Longmada Motar today!
Got mine from DHGate before finding the following cheap link,
1569484772131.png

Mine has a small bump in the middle of the base of the quartz cup,
IMG_20190926_114759.jpg

Apparently, they used to be flat, it is a good spot to melt the rosin off the dabber whatever the reason is.
I am running in wattage mode at 25w (the box recommends 30 to 45w), I tried at 30w and it was almost scorching my small loads.
I like how it glows (S/S wires embedded in the base of the quartz cup) as it makes it easy to keep track of hitting the time out of 10 seconds both my Pico's have.
The taste is quite a bit smoother straight out of the box for me than the Sai, quartz and glass I suppose. The weird-looking crack pipe will not win any stealth awards though but works really well, especially the carb hole...nice!
I am now trialing just adding larger amounts to the cup without completely using up the previous oil to see how many hits I can get without adding, overflowing, or tasting like shit!
Adding to the load,
IMG_20190926_165535.jpg

Mixing in some blonde rosin with darker already in the cup.

Metho is actually ethanol here
It just has a bad taste they add to stop people drinking it

I prefer to use iso or my homemade ethanol though

I don't winterise rosin and according to that Linx link that pen takes any trate apparently

Be keen to hear the feedback when it arrives
Do you mean the Linx Hermes3? If it takes rosin, I'd love to hear about it. I can't figure out how. It's a great pen, but I'm not much on oils.

Do you mean the Linx Hermes3? If it takes rosin, I'd love to hear about it. I can't figure out how. It's a great pen, but I'm not much on oils.
Yes I did mean the Hermes 3
Tbh I just checked the link again and I'm not sure 100% that it will take rosin
It does say "oils of any viscosity thick or thin"
So I assumed it will take rosin as it is basically an oil and once heated it definitely is
But I may be incorrect in saying this
It would definitely take my feco (which I now winterise but wouldn't have to to use this I think)

So.yea, I think if it handles.any oil at any viscosity as advertised it should take rosin
But maybe not

I do like the design for safety and I could use for feco

So many portables coming out

I do not think the Hermes will be any good for rosin, I have been talking about rosin vapes with Eddie at Linx who recommended the Blaze and Ares to me, no mention of the Hermes.
I hope I am proven wrong...again! hehe

I wouldn’t consider rosin to be oil. I view oil as a subset of concentrates, and rosin would not fall into that subset.

Found this while 'shopping' on DHGate,
1569563119657.png

I have sent Fasttech a message to ask them to stock it for a good price for single purchases, they are available singularly on DHGate for US$199, I could nearly get a lifetime warranty Oura for that.
Also found (cordless charging @momofthegoons will like that) , only a ceramic coil though.
1569568103804.png

Edit, the Xvape Vista Mini should be avoided, lots of atty problems that cannot be fixed with a cup(battery is too small to run them)

Last edited:
I am now trialing just adding larger amounts to the cup without completely using up the previous oil to see how many hits I can get without adding, overflowing, or tasting like shit!
Just an update, I managed 15 nice puffs, 3 ok and 2 whispy puffs from the 'bowl full', the taste was good to the end.

Just an update, I managed 15 nice puffs, 3 ok and 2 whispy puffs from the 'bowl full', the taste was good to the end.
So far would you say your motar or Sai is more useful for say a night out and about?
Which can you hit and pocket and rehit later easier and which gave you the longest or biggest load in one go without issues?

The Sai has a smaller quartz cup and takes longer to heat than the Motar. The Motar is a nicer vape experience due to the crack pipe I believe, a lot less cougherous than the Sai too.
I still got quite a few hits from the Sai but the Motar is just bigger. The Motar glows red with the coil embedded in the quartz and is quite bright so the Sai wins on stealth.
I was worried about no TC (cruise control for temperature) with the Motar but find the set watts firing the whole 10 seconds better than the Sai ramping up then shutting off just to ramp up and shut off again to maintain TC.
AU$26 delivered in 2 weeks is good value for the Motar, I recommend it.
The Sai is a nice premium feeling device but it is hard for Aussies to get and it is not cheap, I would like to try out all the different coils for the Sai but they all cost about the same as a complete Motar!

Edit, the Motar is only AU$22 delivered, cheap as chips!

Last edited:
So if using buckets the Sai doesn't have exposed coils ?
Is this correct?

I've been reading up on lots of the options out there today
There's a couple I will wait and watch but am leaning towards the Sai or the bigger one.... What reason did you Sai not sequoia @Shredder ?

It's not that expensive for a decent product if it will do an evening out for a heavy user

Just need someone to send it to in us and then post on is the only issue

I just am looking around for something I can potentially load once before leaving the house and then hit at different times throughout the evening or day without having to reload or clean if possible

So if using buckets the Sai doesn't have exposed coils ?
Is this correct?

I've been reading up on lots of the options out there today
There's a couple I will wait and watch but am leaning towards the Sai or the bigger one.... What reason did you Sai not sequoia @Shredder ?

It's not that expensive for a decent product if it will do an evening out for a heavy user

Just need someone to send it to in us and then post on is the only issue

I just am looking around for something I can potentially load once before leaving the house and then hit at different times throughout the evening or day without having to reload or clean if possible

The Sequoia was pretty new when I bought my sai. Didn't know much about it.

And even now you still don't hear much about it. Basically it's just bigger. Maybe you'd like it more?

IDK about coil availability for it or how it differs in use from a sai. It is slightly wider than a pico mod, the sai fits perfectly, if that's an issue.

Edit, the buckets are heated by ceramic coils that the buckets sit on. There are two types of ceramic coils. Plates and donuts. Donuts being much better.

Last edited:
Today I just got a delivery of GDP rosin.
Wow I love it!
Using a old mod from WISMEC (I didn’t spellcheck?)
If I can use the LINK as well?
I’m just using CHEAP Stuff ATM!
Dutch Treat ROSIN after my sleep this afternoon?
@momofthegoons do you like ROSIN?
Love the taste!

We all like different devices?

I
Today I just got a delivery of GDP rosin.
Wow I love it!
Using a old mod from WISMEC (I didn’t spellcheck?)
If I can use the LINK as well?
I’m just using CHEAP Stuff ATM!
Dutch Treat ROSIN after my sleep this afternoon?
@momofthegoons do you like ROSIN?
Love the taste!

We all like different devices?
Some of us love all of the different devices. :ko:
Some more than others.

I have, and love, the Linx Hermes3 by @Linx Vapor but can't see it taking rosin. Unless I'm missing something ( entirely possible), it needs something more viscous. It's perfect for oils, but as not all oils are perfect I hesitate to say everyone should use oils until everyone can get harmless oil. It is a great pen. It's tiny, mighty, and packs a wallop. The cartridges is refillable, which keeps more cartridges out of the landfill. It's easy to refill with oils, and it couldn't be cuter. The case is smaller than my wallet. @Madri-Guy and I have taken it to the beach a few times, and it's perfect to toss in a bag and go. Flower can be tricky to load when it's windy, so the Hermes3 has ease of use going for it, and I didn't get sand in my vape for a change. I'd love if it took rosin, but it would have to be so liquid you couldn't get it off of the parchment IMO.
20190927_113715.jpg

I

Some of us love all of the different devices. :ko:
Some more than others.

I have, and love, the Linx Hermes3 by @Linx Vapor but can't see it taking rosin. Unless I'm missing something ( entirely possible), it needs something more viscous. It's perfect for oils, but as not all oils are perfect I hesitate to say everyone should use oils until everyone can get harmless oil. It is a great pen. It's tiny, mighty, and packs a wallop. The cartridges is refillable, which keeps more cartridges out of the landfill. It's easy to refill with oils, and it couldn't be cuter. The case is smaller than my wallet. @Madri-Guy and I have taken it to the beach a few times, and it's perfect to toss in a bag and go. Flower can be tricky to load when it's windy, so the Hermes3 has ease of use going for it, and I didn't get sand in my vape for a change. I'd love if it took rosin, but it would have to be so liquid you couldn't get it off of the parchment IMO.
View attachment 13380
My beautiful & smart as a tack wife does not like me to do flowers around her?
So ROSIN is what she buy’s me?
Like you the LINKS I want to try with GDP or DUTCH TREAT ROSIN with it?
Maybe wrapped in COTTON?
Fun to experience this!
420 red wine and DUTCH TREAT ROSIN in the name of DEMOCRACY!

@Madri-Gal Thanks for that! What made me want to try it was the drop method of delivery, as opposed to a wick. Rosin *might* work if the rosin will run through with a bit of heat applied.

One of the reasons I was asking about winterizing rosin was to see if anyone has made rosin more liquid. I've been following The Source, as mentioned above, and have been thinking about some of the different filtration steps that are being used. I'd like to test a rosin winterization just to see if there are any waxes or lipids remaining, as the press won't really differentiate what it expresses. Maybe adding terpenes to thin it will work. I don't yet know enough about terpenes to say that this will work, but it might, and a few Source users suggest 5% terpenes to thin it enough for several types of pens and carts.

Another thing that I'm going to try is taking some rosin and mix it with the remaining distillate in some cartridges that are sitting on the desk. They are mostly 1/2 full or less, so this will give me a reason to experiment. As if I really need a reason to tinker with herbal extractions :)

@Madri-Gal Thanks for that! What made me want to try it was the drop method of delivery, as opposed to a wick. Rosin *might* work if the rosin will run through with a bit of heat applied.

One of the reasons I was asking about winterizing rosin was to see if anyone has made rosin more liquid. I've been following The Source, as mentioned above, and have been thinking about some of the different filtration steps that are being used. I'd like to test a rosin winterization just to see if there are any waxes or lipids remaining, as the press won't really differentiate what it expresses. Maybe adding terpenes to thin it will work. I don't yet know enough about terpenes to say that this will work, but it might, and a few Source users suggest 5% terpenes to thin it enough for several types of pens and carts.

Another thing that I'm going to try is taking some rosin and mix it with the remaining distillate in some cartridges that are sitting on the desk. They are mostly 1/2 full or less, so this will give me a reason to experiment. As if I really need a reason to tinker with herbal extractions :)
One nice thing about the Linx Hermes3 is the price. At about $35 it isn't a break the bank purchase, and I do like having it for an oil option. If I could use rosin I'd buy backups. I mostly use flower or rosin so if you figure out how to on rosin it would be my favorite on the go vape because of size. Fortunately, I have the Linx Eden so I have another fun vape to take with me. I love my Solo and Air, but think of those for at home, in the garden or on the porch. Don't know why. I've been pretty happy with @Linx Vapor, and they have a place in my heart.
20190927_112521.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back