Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape What is your favorite Portable Concentrate - Rosin specific - Vape

Well I found the Puffco Plus.... I had put it in a stem holder with some stems and it was sort of hidden. Charged it up... switched out the atty (chamber) to the new one... I am underwhelmed. If this was the 'old days' when these types of vapes were just coming out I'd be thrilled. But now that I've used an enail and had better options for portable use, this just doesn't cut it. For one the taste. The first hit off the new atty is good but deteriorates quickly. I thought maybe it was the shatter so I tried with two other concentrates and had the same results. And remembered that that is one of the reasons I don't like these kinds of pens (especially if they have the ceramic rods with wire).

I then decided to try a different temp (since I had been using green). And also to use the session mode. Session mode was first and went well... but still the taste issue. Then, when I went to change temps, the atty (chamber) decided not to heat up anymore. Mind you.... this was the new one. And the old one had broken during removal so that couldn't be used again. So.... I now have a pen that lights up like it's heating but doesn't. I've tried charging it again; thinking maybe it wasn't charged properly. But still no vapor.

So..... yeah. Did I mention I was underwhelmed? I don't see myself buying more 'chambers' to use this. There are so many other options these days that work better for me.

Well I found the Puffco Plus.... I had put it in a stem holder with some stems and it was sort of hidden. Charged it up... switched out the atty (chamber) to the new one... I am underwhelmed. If this was the 'old days' when these types of vapes were just coming out I'd be thrilled. But now that I've used an enail and had better options for portable use, this just doesn't cut it. For one the taste. The first hit off the new atty is good but deteriorates quickly. I thought maybe it was the shatter so I tried with two other concentrates and had the same results. And remembered that that is one of the reasons I don't like these kinds of pens (especially if they have the ceramic rods with wire).

I then decided to try a different temp (since I had been using green). And also to use the session mode. Session mode was first and went well... but still the taste issue. Then, when I went to change temps, the atty (chamber) decided not to heat up anymore. Mind you.... this was the new one. And the old one had broken during removal so that couldn't be used again. So.... I now have a pen that lights up like it's heating but doesn't. I've tried charging it again; thinking maybe it wasn't charged properly. But still no vapor.

So..... yeah. Did I mention I was underwhelmed? I don't see myself buying more 'chambers' to use this. There are so many other options these days that work better for me.
Agree with you completely. I have a shoebox full of old vape pens, atty's and mods that have bit the dust. I don't like atty's with wire coils period. It's a bucket for me. I prefer titanium. One thing I forgot, I like to use the Dynacoil from time to time for rosin. I just leave it in the IH a little longer, for the tasty rips :thumbsup: .

The ones I was looking at have no wire coils
They are ceramic buckets I'm pretty sure in the updated version in sneaky Pete's video he shows in that model too

Does yours have exposed coils?
That sounds much like the armour from yocan I won
First hit or so is great and then not so much
I hate exposed coils at all

I was hoping the bucket puffco plus was better after sneakys video

Maybe not ...

Has anyone had experience with this?
It looks kinda like a premium and better version of the quaser without plastic
Sounds like a winner for taste and hits okay

Like most portable vapes the first few hits are nice but the more you heat up the concentrate and cook it the worse the taste gets
That being said I have no complaints taste wise, its average
You need to pack it and play with the controls but once you get it down.....you can get decent clouds
You are looking at a quarter to half gram of rosin for decent sessions through the evening
I vape and blow it down my shirt anywhere

Digging my linx Apollo or Apollo linx
Small amount of concentrate needed and the quick burn feature gives great hits and if held down can burn off residue and you have a relatively clean bucket for the next hit
Downside, it screams druggie in public or you get a line waiting for a hit

IMG_20220510_233936.jpgIMG_20220510_234021.jpgIMG_20220510_234109.jpgIMG_20220510_234138.jpgIMG_20220510_234147.jpgIMG_20220510_234235_burst_01.jpgIMG_20220510_234238_burst_01.jpg

The linx has a decent ceramic and quartz bowl attached to a stainless steel screw in base
Hope I'm getting that right
IMG_20220510_235518.jpg

They are $34 US and I will get one or two more

It does ok on my water pipe but a smaller rig will make it more efficient
Pretty wild using it with a water piece

One thing, I separate and freeze my rosin for loading my portables otherwise its a messy endeavour

Last edited:
Like most portable vapes the first few hits are nice but the more you heat up the concentrate and cook it the worse the taste gets
That being said I have no complaints taste wise, its average
You need to pack it and play with the controls but once you get it down.....you can get decent clouds
You are looking at a quarter to half gram of rosin for decent sessions through the evening
I vape and blow it down my shirt anywhere

Digging my linx Apollo or Apollo linx
Small amount of concentrate needed and the quick burn feature gives great hits and if held down can burn off residue and you have a relatively clean bucket for the next hit
Downside, it screams druggie in public or you get a line waiting for a hit

View attachment 36707View attachment 36708View attachment 36709View attachment 36710View attachment 36711View attachment 36712View attachment 36713

The linx has a decent ceramic and quartz bowl attached to a stainless steel screw in base
Hope I'm getting that right
View attachment 36714

They are $34 US and I will get one or two more

It does ok on my water pipe but a smaller rig will make it more efficient
Pretty wild using it with a water piece
I looked at the Apollo
Looks nice, costly though and as you say not the most stealthy for out n bout

Still, it does look pretty cool

Cheers for your input on the puffco plus - it is true that most taste good for a few draws and then not as good after - I guess it just depends how bad it goes or if it is just less terpy
I can handle less terpy, just not a fan of toasted/burnt flavours

I might wait for reviews on the updated version for now

I looked at the Apollo
Looks nice, costly though and as you say not the most stealthy for out n bout

Still, it does look pretty cool

Cheers for your input on the puffco plus - it is true that most taste good for a few draws and then not as good after - I guess it just depends how bad it goes or if it is just less terpy
I can handle less terpy, just not a fan of toasted/burnt flavours

I might wait for reviews on the updated version for now

I have the Aeris Quartz pen
This is basically a cart you fill yourself
I want to change out the plastic
Like the idea of a cart you fill with whatever concentrate you have
IMG_20220511_005135.jpgIMG_20220511_005232.jpg

Panama Red back at the dispensary

d379b4d3-bfb4-401f-9a1c-9686b611f139.jpeg

I have the Aeris Quartz pen
This is basically a cart you fill yourself
I want to change out the plastic
Like the idea of a cart you fill with whatever concentrate you have
View attachment 36715View attachment 36716

Panama Red back at the dispensary

View attachment 36717
I have a number of airis pens
They are good

Is that the quaser there?

The quasar is a beast but has a plastic chamber - if it was glass I would love it
That's why I was hoping the puffco peak was a premium version of the same

The airis qtip is not that good although uses same style atomiser as the Headbanger (Headbanger is great, but not as good for refills as the quaser)

Any of the "refillable" carts are not ime
They all die or leak after a second or third refill

For feco I buy empty carts off AliExpress or DHgate and use on my modbox - disposable when empty as it's not worth reusing especially at $2.00 a cart

For rosin the quaser rocks except I hate the idea of the plastic part in the attys
(Never seen melting but I am always cautious of offgassing

Just take note they are not the latest V2 as the dart is fixed, it is not the plunger style with the latest upgrades. :myday:

I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised that the Vapcap works so well with Japanese organic vaping cotton, or Rayon or washed hemp fibres for vaping Rosin on the go.
Lightly wrap the rosin with a pinch of cotton and place in the tip, heat to the click for 3 or 4 cycles as you usually would for flower, then you can pull the cap to check if the cotton is still sticky or not and choose to chuck it out or pop in back in for another cycle before you chuck it. That's it, there's no clean-up required, just check it and chuck it or pop it back in for another go.
Love the simplicity of it, once you get a feel for the load size and number of heat cycles required.
And I think I'm actually using less cotton in the tip than I would normally use to clean my bucket

Vapcap works so well with Japanese organic vaping cotton
I have some hemp wool from Dynavap that I have a small ball of next to my dabbing station in a concentrate capsule that I wipe my hot dabber on after each use.
Once the wool is dripping wet I will use it in the concentrate can I picked to hold the hemp fiber, usually my old CF/x on a bong but I will set up a VC as the next dabber cleaning spot.
Puffco proxy
I do like a simple j-hook and the mix with the old-fashioned-looking pipe looks like fun.

I have some hemp wool from Dynavap that I have a small ball of next to my dabbing station in a concentrate capsule that I wipe my hot dabber on after each use.
Once the wool is dripping wet I will use it in the concentrate can I picked to hold the hemp fiber, usually my old CF/x on a bong but I will set up a VC as the next dabber cleaning spot.

I do like a simple j-hook and the mix with the old-fashioned-looking pipe looks like fun.
The water pipe is a similar looking j-hook but takes water
Not sure of the price yet

The Proxy is a dry pipe but a WPA is due soon, the 3d heating similar to the Peak Pro straight on a WPA sounds great, the price...not so great:razz2:
1655362194928.png

If you want water you need to get the nub...soon?
1655362329580.png

The Proxy is a dry pipe but a WPA is due soon, the 3d heating similar to the Peak Pro straight on a WPA sounds great, the price...not so great:razz2:
View attachment 37658
If you want water you need to get the nub...soon?
View attachment 37659

Yea I saw quick promo videos of the proxy with water pipe
It looks like a pipe with water in the path
Great looking design using the 3d style like the peak
Price is up there, kinda what I expected though from puffco
I don't have the income I had a few years back now so will be one to watch for the moment, but definitely one to keep an eye on

I'm pretty set for dry herb vapes now, my latest has almost killed the Vas
The Daab has me pretty happy for trates atm but some of these portable dab rigs still get me vassing a bit
This is one I'll be keen on reviews from ppl as it looks pretty decent and a nice size

Saw a few "user" videos of the proxy
All using it dry
It looks like they have to take small puffs
Probably a bit hot, it does look similar to taking small puffs from a pipe, but no one seems to take any decent big draws

I think with water it may be better
No real reviews yet though, just small short clips

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back