Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape What is your favorite Portable Concentrate - Rosin specific - Vape

Thanks guys for the reports on your experiences with the Airis stuff. I'm sorry that you had to expose yourself to possibly unsafe plastic shit. Just as concerning is the glue that they seem to be using to attach the plastic parts. Seriously, doesn't sound like they are thinking Safety First.

Without any real regulation, shoddy material like with this pen and the Volcano Hybrid fiasco and the first version Terp Pen with the insulated wire bullshit and the Vit E crap is going to happen more often. We become the informal guinea pigs.

The good news is that the fritted quartz atty's seem to be an up and coming gamechanger for the rosin world.

My 2nd quaser finally arrived that I ordered before realising about the PC issue

Airistech has refunded me for the purchases

I really do love this vape but not sure about the safety
It performs so well and is super convenient with the self loading tool

What is really good is the oil atomiser that came with this bundle I bought and works on the quaser battery
It looks like it is made off the Hermes 3 design - airistech copy
This is glass and metal design and works amazingly well
Almost better than the hermes3
A cheap Hermes 3 for feco at any rate
So far less leaking issues too

Annoying that they can make this out of glass and metal but the quaser uses plastic
Only thing I don't know is how the coil is made and if it has exposed wires or if it is made safe like the hermes3

My flute from Longmada turned up

I think the atomiser is faulty as it gets very hot on the battery which drains very quickly and it doesn't really work that well - certainly nothing like the quaser
It is glass construction at least
If I put it on my modbox Pico it says 'atomizer short'
So I think it is faulty

I am in the process of negotiating a replacement
Hoping it will work properly then
It is certainly more janky feeling compared to the quaser, but is metal and glass no plastic

Will see how it goes if I get a replacement

I want to use my quaser more but am worried.....
Wish I could find something similar that works as well

Last edited:
@felvapes I purchased the quaser before you came to realize the glass problem. I have used it a few times, but, you are whispering be careful it's plastic, in my sub-

conscious. It is a nice little pen, very discreet. I will use it, but sparingly.
I do use it at times, I just like you have in the back of my head that it is plastic and then sometimes fool myself I can taste it a tiny bit - really not sure this isn't my brain but there's like an aftertaste on tip of my tongue

It's just such a great little performer I find and easy to load etc

I now try to not have too many back to back draws in order to try and keep the radiating heat down and hopefully not get to off gas temp at the plastic if I do use the quaser

I don't use it all the time though as I am concerned and wish it was glass as it would be a definite DD

The oil attachment is brilliant so far though and glass/metal :)

I got my Quaser just before heading to Launceston for a few days and thought about the plastic and just coated it all on the inside with rosin and just kept topping it up after every 4 or 5 puffs from my NoGoo clam shell container.
It is really stealthy to use and was great for a discrete puff or 3.
I will keep it for those sort of times due to the poly issues, I might even get a back up for it.

Saw these things getting cheap and thought it may be good for an o/night trip to save taking an enail or might be good for someone to try trates dab style before outlaying the large, even on a j hook might be good fun, US$30...

1579756263922.png

Also takes an 18650 battery

Saw these things getting cheap and thought it may be good for an o/night trip to save taking an enail or might be good for someone to try trates dab style before outlaying the large, even on a j hook might be good fun, US$30...

View attachment 15763
Also takes an 18650 battery
Reminds me of the Yocan Torch a bit... but is cheaper. And the atty looks nicer. In the Torch it was the old coil atty and not a ceramic bowl. Interesting...

So
I think I trust the quaser even less now

One of my coils has cracks in the plastic bit
Looks like the heat gets to it too much and it cracks
Which also leads me to think that the aftertaste I was getting is real and it is off gassing
If the heat can crack it, the heat can make it offgass I reckon

I may have to just call it a day and give the quaser a miss full stop
Which sucks because it is truly a beast of a portable rosin vape
Sad face :(

I do still rate the ve10 oil atomizer they have for the quaser battery though
Metal and glass and works wonders

Quaser for rosin, sadly too risky for me

I've tasted that flavour and inhaled enough rubber garden hose when combusting thanks, I don't want it from my vapes

20200127_114401.jpg
20200127_114354.jpg
20200127_114338.jpg
20200127_114331.jpg

The fellow (Randal) that first brought out the Carta has now released another new and improved version under a new company name, Sourcevapes,
Full temp control and a removable airpath(easy clean),

@felvapes I think your quaser gets a lot hotter than mine does. My hits are generally wispy, so I really use it sparingly.

If I am going to carry something for an outing I usually take my Headbanger. I find it very satisfying, and while I love it, it is less than stealthy. So, I am still looking for

something that fills that spot. No hurry, no worries...

The fellow (Randal) that first brought out the Carta has now released another new and improved version under a new company name, Sourcevapes,
Full temp control and a removable airpath(easy clean),

It looks like it would be an odd angle to hit it. I think id like a bent neck better.

Any ideas of the dish/coil materials? I couldn't find much but I did sign up for emails. Doubt id pay to be a beta tester though.

How long until someone offers a herbal vape like these? That ceramic (can't remember the name) all in one vape/pipe combo was close. I do like the design, easier to move around than a traditional enail. The batteries look bigger too, is that a thing? Maybe a 18-24 volt tool type battery could be used? They're heavy enough to be a base.

@felvapes how do you like the water pipe part of your carta? As good as a stand alone pipe? Cleaning easy?

My hits are generally wispy
I usually hold my Quaser at the Poly window and mine does not even get warm, I do always have it pretty full of rosin and always double tap the button on a cold load and watch the disco lights as the unit preheats for the 10 seconds before I hit the power button and hold for mouthpulls (long cigar puffs) on the green setting. It puts out vapor like toking on a blunt this way. I usually have 4 or five double mouthpulls before I top up the load again.
IMG_20200128_130133.jpg

I am still on my first atty and it still tastes good, not quite as nice as my HB dip tip but on par with the HB dab atty after similar use.

@felvapes I think your quaser gets a lot hotter than mine does. My hits are generally wispy, so I really use it sparingly.

If I am going to carry something for an outing I usually take my Headbanger. I find it very satisfying, and while I love it, it is less than stealthy. So, I am still looking for

something that fills that spot. No hurry, no worries...
I have two different quaser batteries and have had 7 coils - one melted from a torch, one has just cracked and one doesn't work and shorts on a modbox

They all run at the same temperature so I think mine are okay and running as supposed to not overheating

If you preheat as @LesPlenty said you can get some nice sized clouds
Long draws after preheat works well
Taking a number of hits back to back produces better clouds too
Can get many draws too
I only usually have to do a big preheat at the beginning to melt the rosin in
Then I can get away with a small heat and draw straight away to get clouds
If gunks up I do another preheat
Lots of draws more than 5

I only use them on the green lowest heat level

I too use to use a HB on outings but think the quaser has a much easier, cleaner and better loading method - also the look, but here the HB is thought to be an ecig anyway

I think my cups taste better than the dip tip in the HB and more efficient
The quaser tastes similar to HB but there is a tip of tongue aftertaste

The plastic piece is fine to touch on the outside but gets very hot inside and this is where the cracks formed/started and any offgassing will occur
The metal load tool gets hot too as it touches the coil and that leads up to the plastic mp that sits on the metal airpath
On the outside this is fine to touch or place lips, but who knows if it gets hot or gasses of at the base inside where it holds the metal
One mouthpiece the plastic came off and it attaches to the metal bit/loading tool via a ridged part on the metal
It had small plastic caught in the ridges

I love the function of a quaser but do not believe it is built safely or with safety in mind

We put other vapes and manufacturers through a lot to know they are safe
I think this would usually fail any of the communities thoughts on safety concerns

I am looking for a replacement for this vape that is safe and functions as well

The ve10 oil attachment is glass and metal
If only they could be bothered to do the same for the wax attachment

It looks like it would be an odd angle to hit it. I think id like a bent neck better.

Any ideas of the dish/coil materials? I couldn't find much but I did sign up for emails. Doubt id pay to be a beta tester though.

How long until someone offers a herbal vape like these? That ceramic (can't remember the name) all in one vape/pipe combo was close. I do like the design, easier to move around than a traditional enail. The batteries look bigger too, is that a thing? Maybe a 18-24 volt tool type battery could be used? They're heavy enough to be a base.

@felvapes how do you like the water pipe part of your carta? As good as a stand alone pipe? Cleaning easy?
I think that a tool battery would be too heavy to make this type of vape desirable
It would definitely be possible to do and would be a long laster for sure

The Carta I own you can buy a dry herb attachment or a rosin/wax attachment
I have read that the herb one is not all that amazing though so although it can essentially do both as you say, it is really only good for trates

The dr dabber switch was the same deal I think

I wonder how much the new Carta will be

I'm happy I got mine for $125

The glass/water bubbler part of my cart is quite nice to use
I thought it looked like it may be a bit funny to use also but it is actually functional and comfortable
The whole unit is smooth to use, it functions almost as good as a full bong even though it's a smaller unit with less water
Not quite as chuggable as a halo on full glass unit, but all in all impressive and good
Decent enough glass thickness and pretty sturdy
It cleans up in the us cleaner perfectly and the label is the best baked on of any I've had so far, in simple green/water mix the label has not come off at all so far in the us cleaner

I have also on a quick lazy clean just chucked some iso in and shaken
It cleans quite well and quickly

But the us clean is always best for full crystal sparkle glass

I like my Carta a lot so far

It would be interesting to see the cost and materials of the new version

Last edited:
So today I used the dab coil for my headbanger for the first time. It was OK I guess, but I like the dip coil better. When its out of rosin ill probably will retire it. My sai is better and easier to use than the headbanger used like this. At least imo.

I found I can clean the dip coils with a small size pipe cleaner wetted on an end with iso. Carefully pulling it through, the dry end pulls out the iso. There is a metal flange on top of the coil that can come out, but it pushes right back in. Ive cleaned like this four times and it happened once. It happened when I used a dry pipe cleaner. Dry pipe cleaners stick to the resin as well, pulling through a pipe cleaner with about an inch of wet pipe cleaner works pretty well.

Also the headbanger works well for cleaning out glass concentrate jars. I can scrape the sides of glass jars with a rosin tool I have and the rosin film on the bottom of the jar gets picked up with the dip coil. I get some really impressive hits from hoovering the jar like that.

So today I used the dab coil for my headbanger for the first time. It was OK I guess, but I like the dip coil better. When its out of rosin ill probably will retire it. My sai is better and easier to use than the headbanger used like this. At least imo.

I think I was a little hasty in my review of the dab coils for my headbanger. In the last 3 days I've used it with dab coils almost exclusively. I still don't think it tastes as good as the dip coil, but it isn't bad either. And the taste doesn't fade like most coils. I haven't cleaned it yet, but I have refilled it a few times. The concentrate in the coil is getting dark though, so ill have to clean it soonish, and somehow, not sure how ill clean it.

One thing I like about using the headbanger with dab coils is that you can take off the bottom cover and dip coil making the unit smaller and lighter. And since there's no dipping its has more portability in use as well as carrying. Its much easier to carry this vape than my saionaras with the box mod. Its very pocketable. So long story short ive ordered more dab coils from perfect vapes.
airistech-headbanger-coils-5pk

I think I was a little hasty in my review of the dab coils for my headbanger. In the last 3 days I've used it with dab coils almost exclusively. I still don't think it tastes as good as the dip coil, but it isn't bad either. And the taste doesn't fade like most coils. I haven't cleaned it yet, but I have refilled it a few times. The concentrate in the coil is getting dark though, so ill have to clean it soonish, and somehow, not sure how ill clean it.

One thing I like about using the headbanger with dab coils is that you can take off the bottom cover and dip coil making the unit smaller and lighter. And since there's no dipping its has more portability in use as well as carrying. Its much easier to carry this vape than my saionaras with the box mod. Its very pocketable. So long story short ive ordered more dab coils from perfect vapes.
airistech-headbanger-coils-5pk
I like my coils for this reason
I find they taste as good or better myself

To clean I iso qtip and then on 10 watts on the eleaf modbox will burn off extra oil
Another swab and it's good to go

I found it is great with the smaller footprint and pocketability for outings
I either carry two HB prepacked or a few caps preloaded

I like the magnetic holder for carrying a couple of spare loaded dab coils,
IMG_20200207_145826.jpg

I still have not cleaned my dip coil and it is still the same yellow colour as I always puff and dip with low temp/pressure rosin so there is barely any residue left to turn the tip black/bad. The dab coils are different as I take 6 or so tokes before refills so they get darker.

Carta for $180 USD with codes at bottom of site page
Not quite the 125 I paid but a good discount anyway if anyone wanted one

I'm loving mine especially with the ceramic lid

So I had another new coil for the quaser crack in the plastic part
First use

I don't do anything unusual with it ?

I have also found that I like the ve10 oil cart for the quaser better than my Hermes 3

I find it produces better clouds and it doesn't really leak at all
I find with the Hermes my feco can leak out the air vents as the oil get lower in the cart which can get rather annoying let alone messy if it happened in a pocket

The quaser ve10 cart is cheaper but seems more functional to me and leak free

Love my feco in this way though
Such a good use of avb and pucks and really good hits

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back