Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape What is your favorite Portable Concentrate - Rosin specific - Vape

Puffco should have had Bluetooth on the Proxy for the Puffco Connect App that is not available for Aussie users (and many others no doubt). I was forced to use a 3rd party side loaded app to have access to my Puffco Peak Pro that 'broke' a few features when it tried to do a firmware update for the new 3d crap and disco lights, I now have 3 temp settings (at least I can pick the temps) and only have stealth mode as the lights just go crazy...still love it though!
Maybe a MKII or Proxy Pro will have app access, Puffco just getting the usual 'gotta be the first' crew to pay thru the nose and not care and the same will just buy the upgrade and still say it is cheap.

Last edited:
$540aud delivered aus seller
My Peak Pro was AU$488 delivered from the US so the Carta2 is at a premium+ price, will be good to see some more reviews come out....all these choices...nice!

I was on a portable dab rig video/review rabbit hole yesterday

There is enough different reports on the proxy that I will wait for more user (customers) reviews to see how good it functions before making any decisions
It does call to me in some ways though
Besides the overly high price

The peak pro and the Carta 2 are also something for me to watch and wait for some more user (customer not other) reviews and comparisons

I don't think they are priced well $350/$400 USD should be sub $300 at least
The proxy should be sub $200
The proxy has had some mega marketing put into it - paid promotions, high profile magazines - even forbes magazine ffs which has nothing to do with weed
So much business and flash and hype instead of letting the product sell itself and keep the price affordable

I am watching these dab rigs and will see what comes of them - atm they are what has my eye for trate land, but they need more user feedback and bug checking first to see if they are worthy of the hype
I wish more vapers would give performance/function reviews with less "opinion" or hype as they are trying to build a social media profile

In the meantime I'll stay on my pre order for the versa go and hope it is released before too long or I get vassed elsewhere and get a refund

Lots around to look at, like and choose from
I also am waiting for the Daab 2.0 or similar from another brand
The IH dabbing is pretty brilliant with a clean airpath and with slight improvement they could take over the e-rig market
Already priced competitively and some say it tastes better than the higher priced units

Been a few years coming but we are finally getting to a point where there are some proper and worthy dry herb and trate vapes that just work - easily and proper hits
The future looks promising for new comers to vaping

A quick pic to show the different bowls sizes of a few popular rosin capable vapes, the bowl sizes (clockwise from top left)...DabLamp frosted quartz 13.85mmID, Qomo quartz 8.55mmID, DAAB quartz 9.18mmID, Peak Pro ceramic 14.52mmID, and the Sai Ti 10.12mmID.
1660280814600.jpg

Just over 2000 dabs on that white Puffco atty, not even used my SiC or quartz aftermarket on this unit.
I will say that being an Aussie user of the Peak Pro has its downsides...Puffco will not let us download the app so I was forced to download an APK side loader or some such pain in the ass so I could customize settings. My unit tried to do a firmware update but failed halfway (due to Australian server?) and the lights have flickered since and now seem to have shut down altogether, not even stealth mode any more as that did still work properly after the almost brick. Am now afraid to wipe the app off my phone to start again as who knows what the firmware update (even if it did it) would do. I do have the app on 2x phones that work the unit just fine but it does show another weakness of not having more controls on the device. If I was US based (or any country that Puffco allows) it would be an easy fix...might have to find some teenager to fix it for me, I just want to vape!

A quick pic to show the different bowls sizes of a few popular rosin capable vapes, the bowl sizes (clockwise from top left)...DabLamp frosted quartz 13.85mmID, Qomo quartz 8.55mmID, DAAB quartz 9.18mmID, Peak Pro ceramic 14.52mmID, and the Sai Ti 10.12mmID.
View attachment 39046
Just over 2000 dabs on that white Puffco atty, not even used my SiC or quartz aftermarket on this unit.
I will say that being an Aussie user of the Peak Pro has its downsides...Puffco will not let us download the app so I was forced to download an APK side loader or some such pain in the ass so I could customize settings. My unit tried to do a firmware update but failed halfway (due to Australian server?) and the lights have flickered since and now seem to have shut down altogether, not even stealth mode any more as that did still work properly after the almost brick. Am now afraid to wipe the app off my phone to start again as who knows what the firmware update (even if it did it) would do. I do have the app on 2x phones that work the unit just fine but it does show another weakness of not having more controls on the device. If I was US based (or any country that Puffco allows) it would be an easy fix...might have to find some teenager to fix it for me, I just want to vape!
A VPN won't let you download the software as if you were in US?

Just watched this earlier lol
So much money in advertising for this release
I mean the Forbes magazine etc is saying big marketing

I was vassed for a little while by the proxy and the peak pro/Carta 2
But am over the vassing now
Pretty sweet with the sic Daab and hoping the versa go will be a nice mini rig

I still like some of the proxy features though, just don't think I need it nor does my wallet atm

The answer is yes!

The answer is yes!

I'd agree more with yes if the batteries were replaceable
A lot for what is essentially sold as a device with a lifespan (I did see you say that you found a way to diy swap them)
Not saying it isn't worth a purchase - just like the guy kind of hummmed about the price being a bit high himself, and it is made in china so there's no "artisan tax"
Worth the purchase and worth the money are two different things in the vape world to me too....lol
I buy things that I think are over priced, but I am happy I purchased them and it was worth buying to me
It's one that has had my attention for a while though, especially with the temp control and user feedback such as yours - the app issue you've had sucks in ausland

Also saw jcvap has released their version (that they openly say is designed after studying the Carta 2 and peak pro) - The "Pockety"
About $100 cheaper than the $400 pro
Definitely not as sleek looking at all, be interesting to see how well they got the temp control - ruby, sic, aln buckets
Despite the name it isn't very pocketyable though lol
I did read a couple of customers say that they liked the 3d chamber from jcvap on their pro, slightly longer heat up time but better vapour production apparently
They are making an aln insert for the proxy too

These guys have to be dreaming with the price on this
Wtf

Looks interesting but fmd the cost

This company spends a lot on ads and new skins
Maybe half on ads and half on new/improved tech would be better? Imagine making a good thing even better?
The Limited Edition Pro
Cool for IG models to pose with :)
Screenshot_2022-10-12-17-11-59-26_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg
Screenshot_2022-10-12-17-12-15-64_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Last edited:
This thing is pretty bloody impressive so far
Only had it a few days, but it is doing the pen dab thing well
The bowl is smaller than I'd like, but I get 4 to 5 decent draws and it clouds well with flavour
The performance from this is very impressive for a pen
It has the coil in the walls of the glazed ceramic
$60 usd (I got it for $45 + post as I was on the waiting list)
The price is affordable af and the performance is better than many things at a much higher price
It makes me think to look to the dtv5 on a mod for bigger dabs when out

Of all the pens and smaller trate devices I've tried this is the closest to being exactly what you want
A bigger bowl would be better, but I am not disappointed at the end of a dab
Tasty too
One or two qtips and clean
If the ceramic gets stained it self cleans on full temp back to white
The performance for a portable/pen is not far off some erigs/bangers

I might open a thread about it later
Still getting to know it but so far it's a big yes and affordable af

https://ineedhemp.com/product/lightning-pen-stainless-steel-diffuser-for-concentrates/

IMG20230206011358.jpg
IMG20230206011416.jpg

This thing is pretty bloody impressive so far
Only had it a few days, but it is doing the pen dab thing well
Looks interesting. My only complaint with most of these pens is that if you don't hold them upright, the atomizer can leak. I really wish they would employ a little cap on the atty. That was something that Vito and I worked with Yocan on and they are the only ones, to my memory, that use it.

Is the bowl about the same size as most other dab pens? It seems a bit smaller.

The price is certainly 'right.' And Divine Tribe is a pretty reputable outfit. Nice find.

Looks interesting. My only complaint with most of these pens is that if you don't hold them upright, the atomizer can leak. I really wish they would employ a little cap on the atty. That was something that Vito and I worked with Yocan on and they are the only ones, to my memory, that use it.

Is the bowl about the same size as most other dab pens? It seems a bit smaller.

The price is certainly 'right.' And Divine Tribe is a pretty reputable outfit. Nice find.
If you let it cool and set I don't think it would leak
Although I load it and then hit it and qtip (if out could leave the qtip till home I think or do the self clean if needed)
I don't think I'd leave any in there usually though because it is a small dish and it's about a small dab size load
I guess if you had some runnier oil and preloaded before going somewhere it could leak and be an issue - in this instance that's a weak point of this pen for sure

But if you carry material and load as you go it's fine
And the performance has me forgiving this aspect as loading is simple enough

I thought the bowl would be too small for my liking before I got it
But it is a little taller and that accounts for the thin id a bit
I can get a small, but proper sized dab in there
When I say I get 4-5 draws - I mean 3/4 proper clouds on exhale and a smaller finish up - it's surprising each time
And it tastes good too

I do think I'd like a slightly larger dish, but I'm not unhappy with it at all and each time I find myself satisfied
It's a full dab, I just like bigger ones sometimes, others could dab less in a rig
I'm considering their dtv5 to put on a mod box now though for larger sized dabs on outings
But this thing really does a good job in this size/format

It comes with a spare ceramic heater
No idea how long one lasts for

Last edited:
At this point in time, the Pockety is my favorite portable concentrate vape. While not built to be 'rosin specific', I feel this is where it shines. It's not exactly stealthy lol.. nor will it ever take the place of a smaller vape pen or cart system for that. But for my portable needs it does the trick. I don't really vape out in public anymore and I needed something portable so that I could do dabs when not at home. There are times, even going to my cottage, that having to deal with an enail and rig is just not convenient. And my last trip out east really showed me that I need to be able to dab while traveling to keep my pain levels in check. The Pockey gives you hits like an enail so it really works out well for me. In fact... I'd go as far as to say that you will get more hits off a dab with the Pockety than you will off the same size dab with an enail. Not sure why but... I've found that to happen more often than not.

Still on the hunt for a good pen... but for now the Pockety gets my vote.

At this point in time, the Pockety is my favorite portable concentrate vape. While not built to be 'rosin specific', I feel this is where it shines. It's not exactly stealthy lol.. nor will it ever take the place of a smaller vape pen or cart system for that. But for my portable needs it does the trick. I don't really vape out in public anymore and I needed something portable so that I could do dabs when not at home. There are times, even going to my cottage, that having to deal with an enail and rig is just not convenient. And my last trip out east really showed me that I need to be able to dab while traveling to keep my pain levels in check. The Pockey gives you hits like an enail so it really works out well for me. In fact... I'd go as far as to say that you will get more hits off a dab with the Pockety than you will off the same size dab with an enail. Not sure why but... I've found that to happen more often than not.

Still on the hunt for a good pen... but for now the Pockety gets my vote.
The pockety absolutely kicks arse imo
It is almost the only rig I use at home now
Performance and easy to maintain and use
They have a sale atm and the code PKTY15 can be stacked for Pockety related gear

Here's a quick demo of the lightning pen - beast mode for a pen format (they have some kind of rubber cap for it now too @momofthegoons)
Full review coming soon

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back