Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips What is your main use case for your dab mat? What would you change about it, if anything?Question

What is your main use case for your dab mat?

• As a non-stick/cleanable surface

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Padding for the rig

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Decoration

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combo of the above

• Other (please reply/comment)

• Total voters

RCCtools

Manufacturer
Personally, I don't use dab mats all that much, but before I starting using dab tool/capper holders I would mostly use them as a non stick surface that would prevent my table from getting gunked up. I also liked that they acted as a little landing pad of sorts for my rig, but I've never had a dab rig break from setting it down too hard, so it was more decorative for me. Most people seem to be using them mostly just as a cool decoration/accessory.

Are there any other use cases that I may be missing? What is your main use case for your dab mat? What would you change about it, if anything?

As a non stick surface, the silicone mats are obviously best, but the thicker rubber mats and mousepad/like mats are better for a padded surface. I was thinking it might be useful to combine the two -- so a thicker, padded mat with a silicone top. What do you guys think?

I don’t use dabs but I have these silicone baking mats that they have for baking / cooking. You lay the mat on the cookie sheet to keep things cleaner. I would assume these could work for a dabbing mat. I’ve had this for many years, not that cool looking They probably have better ones that look cooler.
image.jpg

The rubber would help any wobbles in cheap glass but I use similar to @CarolKing under my rosin press and on my vape bench... non-slip is handy for someone like myself that breaks way too much glass (I just found out I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome that needs operating on so that may have contributed to all the glass murdering mayhem).

The rubber would help any wobbles in cheap glass but I use similar to @CarolKing under my rosin press and on my vape bench... non-slip is handy for someone like myself that breaks way too much glass (I just found out I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome that needs operating on so that may have contributed to all the glass murdering mayhem).
Your carpal tunnel may be caused by vitamin deficiencies. Also upper back issues can cause it too. It was getting really bad for me at one point and ended up going away. Check out this vid. it may be an eye-opener.
editL upper back because there are nerves that run from there on down to the hands. also, I am no doctor, but I have found this to be true as I have also had upper back issues that coincided with my carpal tunnel. Another big thing for me was making sure I wasn't curling my hands when I sleep.

Just a suggestion, Corelle plates (dinnerware) are like glass but they are suppose to be sort of unbreakable. You can buy them anywhere and you can have a dual purpose for them. I’ve used it for years with kids and have dropped the plates numerous times. Eat and dab using the same product - practicality I don’t spend a lot of money on stuff, maybe cheap accessories. Save money for fun stuff - weed and trips. Some people have lots of money though. …
There’s several colors - a lot of white, some square plates.
IMG_0553.jpeg

Corelle is a trademark brand.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, Corelle plates (dinnerware) are like glass but they are suppose to be sort of unbreakable. You can buy them anywhere and you can have a dual purpose for them. I’ve used it for years with kids and have dropped the plates numerous times. Eat and dab using the same product - practicality I don’t spend a lot of money on stuff, maybe cheap accessories. Save money for fun stuff - weed and trips. Some people have lots of money though. …
View attachment 46453
I'm not sure I'm following you here.... are you suggesting using Corelle for a dab surface? Or mat? I'm not sure how that would work...

View attachment 46453
Hmmmm that's an idea for a non-stick surface, although I'm not sure that breaking the dab mat is as much of a concern as breaking the rig that you set on top of it. Makes me think that a flat piece of heady glass would be pretty cool, if it weren't for the possibility of breaking the rig if it tips over on it.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back