Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy What The Hell Are You Listening To?

Bailero - Netania Davrath​

Delightfull and so summery... Thank you @im not a robot !
The paintings are also beautiful and very appropriate.

About the origin of it:
" The words of the songs are in Occitan aurillacois (or Langue d'Oc), and cover a period of three hundred years...
...In his biography of Joseph Canteloube, Jean-Bernard Cahours d'Aspry recounts the circumstances in which the author had collected, at dusk, the tune that would become the theme of this Baïlèro: "It was an evening in 1903, at dusk, in the mountain overlooking Vic-sur-Cère, in the Cantal. He was contemplating the majestic landscape which was offered to his eyes, when suddenly the song of a shepherdess rose up and launched her phrases in full flight. Not wanting to show himself, he began to note the melody, when from far away, as if carried by the breeze that rises in the evening on the mountain, he perceived the distant voice of another shepherd who repeated the theme, six kilometers away. "
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chants_d'Auvergne

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

The lyrics in Occitan:

Pastré, dè dèlaï l'aïo, as gaïré dé boun tèms?
Dio lou baïlèro lèro, lèro, lèro, lèro, baïlèro, lô!
È n'aï pa gaïre, è dio, tu?
Baïlèro lèro, lèro, lèro, lèro, baïlèro, lô!

Pastré, lou prat faï flour, li cal
Gorda toun troupel!
L'erb es pu fin' ol prat d'oïci!

Pastré, couci foraï, en obal io lou bel riou!
Es pèromè, té baô çirca!

And an English translation:

Shepherd, across the water,
you are hardly having a good time,
call the baïlèro
lèrô lèrô lèrô lèrô baïlèro lô
No I am not, and you, call,
baïlèro lèrô
lèrô lèrô lèrô lèrô baïlèro lô!

Shepherd, the meadow is in bloom,
come here to take care of your flock
call the baïlèro
The grass is preferable here, come over,
baïlère lèrô

Shepherd, the water separates us,
and I cannot cross,
call the baïlèro
Then I’ll come down and find you,
baïlèro lèrô

http://infrench.eu/wp/bailero-canteloube/

Last edited:
Still going through Father's collection. There are boxes and boxes of records. For fuck's sake.

I hate him. With every fiber of my being. But holy fucking hell, did he know good music. It's kind of weird.

Emmylou Harris. Where have you been all my life? I would do terrible things for you. Whatever needed doing.

Just take a gander at the horrendousness of his outfit in this video ... :confused:

Terrifying.

That gypsy chick though ... :naughty2:

More heather? Yes. I think I will.

No hernia in those trousers
You could power lift buses

Move away from Ozzy and toward some good getting high music
Pop city

Last edited:
I've been having dreams about Kurt Cobain lately.

I wasn't a huge fan of Nirvana. Not until my later years of high school - he killed himself when I was 13.

But I do remember the day I heard he had died. I suppose it was similar to finding out John Lennon had been shot.

Mark David Chapman - Fuck you. Fuck you. It wasn't enough to taint The Beatles. You had to taint The Catcher In The Rye as well. FUCK YOU. Yeah, Lennon was a dick and Salinger, well, the less you know about him the better, but their artistry should have been left alone. That's how it works. You ruined it. Fuck you. You're a piece of brimstone shit.

It's not well documented, but felines loved Kurt.

I've been having dreams about Kurt Cobain lately.

I wasn't a huge fan of Nirvana. Not until my later years of high school - he killed himself when I was 13.

But I do remember the day I heard he had died. I suppose it was similar to finding out John Lennon had been shot.

Mark David Chapman - Fuck you. Fuck you. It wasn't enough to taint The Beatles. You had to taint The Catcher In The Rye as well. FUCK YOU. Yeah, Lennon was a dick and Salinger, well, the less you know about him the better, but their artistry should have been left alone. That's how it works. You ruined it. Fuck you. You're a piece of brimstone shit.

It's not well documented, but felines loved Kurt.

With the lights out
Its less dangerous
Here we are now
Entertain us
I feel stupid
And contagious
Could be the pandemic anthem

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back