Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Where Do You Buy Your Glass

I finally got up to my cottage so I could get my FC-187 for comparison. Here is the piece I got from Amazon. It came way before the projected arrival date; just a day or two after the other piece I bought that day.

agAlUkV.jpg

It's a bit smaller than the FC-187 and a bit more 'refined' in it's lines. The piece from Amazon is 8" in height and the DHGate piece is 9". Here's a side by side:

5IBXLFC.jpg

While the inner and outer diameter of the mouthpieces were the same, the one from Amazon seems more slender and has a bit more edge to it. The can of the Amazon piece is 2 1/4" in diameter; the DHGate piece is 2 1/2". The base of the Amazon piece is 4"; the DHGate piece is 4 1/2".

4ZoArcb.jpg

I feel the perc on the Amazon piece (on the right) is a little more substantial and fires better.

KmfrMCc.jpg

The Amazon piece was $31.98 and the DHGate piece is $36.33. Both have free shipping. My experience with Amazon was much smoother and easier than any I've had with DHGate. And it was packed bomb proof; bubbled wrapped in a box that was within a styrofoam box. I give this one a :thumbsup:
Hi Mom - that Amazon piece looks just like Stevenlmz79's FC-188. Same height, MP, perc, base. I won't post a link cause he has the Mobius logo in his pictures, but check it out.

I Imagine it would be much easier to buy this from Amazon than deal with DHGate.

that Amazon piece looks just like Stevenlmz79's FC-188. Same height, MP, perc, base. I won't post a link cause he has the Mobius logo in his pictures, but check it out.
Interesting. Stevenlmz79's piece is actually the one I was quoting the price on. It looks like he has changed his design slightly; now that I look at it closer. Because my original piece (the scratched one) is from him as well and the edges are rounded. But that's one of the og FC-187's so I guess that's no surprise.

And the good thing about those phony logos is that they come right on off in a Simple Green bath lol. At least they all have in my experience. I have no clue why they bother putting them on.

I did not have a good experience with DHGate. The pieces came packaged terribly and several arrived broken. And it took for freaking ever to get delivery. I don't know if these are the same suppliers on Amazon (since they are shipped from China) but somewhere along the line something has improved if it is, lol.

Any thoughts on Aqualab?
I've never purchased anything from them. I've browsed and drooled a bit... but never pulled the trigger. And the stuff I like there is usually pricier than I want to pay. :hmm:

Last edited:
@deep_meditation the other thing I noticed is that their lower price glass looks an awful lot like some of the Chinese glass pieces you get on DHGate, etc. So it really makes me wonder if it's just the same stuff marked up lol.

I've gotten so distrustful of glass these days now that I know much of it comes from China. It's not that I wouldn't use it... it's just that it's being sold as U.S. or American made. That pisses me off. I miss the early days of buying glass......

@Vicki nice scoop!

Normally I'd fix the rotation of your pic... but I'm leaving it so that I can bring this to @OldOyler 's attention. Why the hell do all the pics that we upload directly come out sideways?

I'll fix it when I get an answer... :biggrin:
Hmmm.

I do not personally have this issue, but I will look into it!

:thumbsup:

Peace!

@Vicki nice scoop!

Normally I'd fix the rotation of your pic... but I'm leaving it so that I can bring this to @OldOyler 's attention. Why the hell do all the pics that we upload directly come out sideways?

I'll fix it when I get an answer... :biggrin:

It looks right side up to me. Did you fix it?

BTW, that little bong is a present to myself for enduring 24/7 puppy care for the past 6 weeks. It probably won't be ending anytime soon, either.

Last edited:
I haven't purchased from them myself. But they are a huge outfit and have 104K followers on IG. I think your pretty safe ordering from them.

And that's a sweet little piece.... Christmas present perhaps?
But Christmas is SO far away!

:yikes:

Peace all!

Anybody know anything about these folks? Cause there's a piece (I'll link to that) that I am thinking of whining to the wife for...

Good vaping!

https://www.smokecartel.com/products/mad-professor-inline-to-sprinkler-recycler-rig

Never dealt with SC but from all reports they get high quality China glass mostly. The only complaints I have seen is from people who see the same kind of piece on DH Gate for $50 but they don't realise that the extra money goes to securing the best quality pieces from China.

But Christmas is SO far away!

:yikes:

@momofthegoons is causing needless ruckus :lol:. Thanksgiving is a holiday that is soon right? Just tell your missus that you would be the turkey not to take advantage of it being on sale for black Friday :thumbsup:.

I used have a glass addiction (GAS), always needed a new piece and it was always high end. Now I'm in the glass business and I could honestly say that I will never buy glass again. Don't get me wrong, I still love it but unless you personally know the artist the majority of pieces out there are imports being relabeled for different brands.

Your best bet is to find new artists trying to make a name for themselves. There's some serious talent out there and most of these guys are using quality boro and making everything themselves. I have nothing against Chinese glass at all, as long as it's pure with no lead. Thing that bothers me so much is when something is labeled as "American Made" and the only thing being done in the US is labeling or the parts get welded and assembled locally.

I buy my glass off of IG and Facebook groups. There are literally thousands of amazing American artists making a living, supporting their families blowing glass. I say instead of buying those next 2 pieces of DH Gate glass, buy one US piece from an up and coming artist. There are whole groups on Facebook for rigs for sale under $100 if you are on a budget. on FB look at "American glass under $100" "American glass under $500" "Glass for sale" And for the high dollar pieces check "Big game glass hunters".

Now on IG, just follow the artist and buy from them, it's that easy. you know exactly who made the piece, where it's coming from, and even what kind of glass he used because you can ask him.

I know I am overboard but I buy anywhere from 1-10 pieces of glass art a month depending on my mood (GaS). It makes me feel good when I help these artists out, and honestly, they hold their value pretty well compared to most items I buy. These can always be resold if needed. Buy from a real artist instead of a company and you know it's American made. Screw Pulse, Bio, and all that stuff, you may as well buy from DH Gate IMO.

Getting down off of this soapbox now. lol!

I buy my glass from anyone that sells it with beer incused within its inner domicile only accessible via a sealed metal lid that requires much strength and/or a special tool to access said sacred beverage.

The only other glass i am interested in is very similar, but has pickles contained within and on occasion some sort of scotched egg.

FYI- Upper body strength is the key to success with these collectibles.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back