Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Where Do You Buy Your Glass

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
Funny.... I always said I'd never get into glass.... that I'd never acquire GAS. And guess what? :dog:

I've got it bad!

This is the thing... I hate spending a lot of money on glass. It's come to my attention that most of the glass we buy (even from big glass companies) comes from China. And that there are different levels of glass used. So my rational is that, since I break glass on the reg, there's no reason to pay top dollar for my glass.

I have a couple of nice pieces by Pulse and M & M Tech. Those I consider my 'high end' pieces. Now I realize that these aren't actually high end or art glass. But I would never buy that personally.

I have purchased from DHGate several times. Although I've had a couple successful purchases, the glass usually arrives broken and then there's the run around of trying to get it replaced. I've noticed that Amazon is starting to carry the same bubblers and I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck ordering through them. The bubblers appear to be the same as the ones featured on DHGate.... and they look like they ship from China.

So my question is... where's everyone getting their glass these days? And what are you getting?

Cause momma needs a new bubbler. :biggrin:

Hi @momofthegoons - I have American made C2 glass (custom creations) and it was about $170 out of a local glass shop (so bit more than can be got elsewhere).

I did pay big $$ for a Bates external diffusion pump and some Phatt Ass Glass but recently have shifted to DHGate as I really do not want to get into the "who has the fancier glass to show" contest...can't afford it! LOL

I bought a very nice Mobius Ion knock-off from StevenLMZ79 and it was perfect, heavy glass that functions great.

I have also bought from DHGate and the piece has a crack in the MP and I could not get satisfaction on this...but it was a whopping $25 so I gave it to someone who wanted it.

StevenLMZ179 and Clear Clean Glass stores on DHgate have a good reputation.

I bought my Hydratube from VapeXhale but if I need another, I will give DHGate a shot.

Hi @momofthegoons - I have American made C2 glass (custom creations) and it was about $170 out of a local glass shop (so bit more than can be got elsewhere).

I did pay big $$ for a Bates external diffusion pump and some Phatt Ass Glass but recently have shifted to DHGate as I really do not want to get into the "who has the fancier glass to show" contest...can't afford it! LOL

I bought a very nice Mobius Ion knock-off from StevenLMZ79 and it was perfect, heavy glass that functions great.

I have also bought from DHGate and the piece has a crack in the MP and I could not get satisfaction on this...but it was a whopping $25 so I gave it to someone who wanted it.

StevenLMZ179 and Clear Clean Glass stores on DHgate have a good reputation.

I bought my Hydratube from VapeXhale but if I need another, I will give DHGate a shot.
I don't have a big belt buckle or a 4x4 with a 20" lift kit.
I did have $1,000's of $ in custom glass from CALIFORNIA.
It's all broke.
dhgate $18 - $40 I get Many from (FC; Sunshine; Clear Glass; Libery; GB, Kathy057 and many more} no bad ones yet?
40 water-pipes at one time.

GLASS BREAKS!

5 SHERLOCK's for $20.

ONE of my bubbler 's $18 was $80 from a different site.
Shop around.
33yK8jL.jpg

Last edited:
I actually purchased two of those. One is still around and was the first piece that mvapes scratched for me.

photo%202_zpsorjaczfg.jpg

I found another of these on Amazon and thought I might give it a spin. The one above is currently my cottage glass and I'd like to get another done up as a spare. I really like this style and it's my favorite of all the DHGate glass I've purchased.

I didn't have much luck with Kathy057 there. Every piece I got had a wonky perk.

My sources for glass is really dependent on what I am looking for. Most of my glass pieces are specific adapters, stems and other parts integral to a specific vape so I buy OEM. For more generic pieces (bubblers, bongs, etc) I don't mind cheap (still use my bamboo bring back bong) as long as it works because I am The Glass Assassin.

Well I just picked myself up another of the Mobius wannabe's to have as a spare. But while I was 'there' my eye fell on this little bub and before I knew it, my finger had clicked 'add to basket' and now....? Well it's been purchased. :lol:

41muglginDL.jpg

I purchased both from Amazon this time. My last experience with stephenlmz710 wasn't the best. After the bub arrived smashed twice, he wanted me to buy something else with the replacement to help cover shipping. My thought was that if he had used proper padding in the first place, we wouldn't have been having the conversation. Again. After that I was sort of soured to him. I figure buying from Amazon is a pretty sure thing with their easy return policy.

Well I just picked myself up another of the Mobius wannabe's to have as a spare. But while I was 'there' my eye fell on this little bub and before I knew it, my finger had clicked 'add to basket' and now....? Well it's been purchased. :lol:

41muglginDL.jpg

I purchased both from Amazon this time. My last experience with stephenlmz710 wasn't the best. After the bub arrived smashed twice, he wanted me to buy something else with the replacement to help cover shipping. My thought was that if he had used proper padding in the first place, we wouldn't have been having the conversation. Again. After that I was sort of soured to him. I figure buying from Amazon is a pretty sure thing with their easy return policy.
XygbafK.jpg

I never had a bad experience with Steven?
FC UFO & ogb mouthpiece.
mvapes (if you can put art work on this rig?)

Last edited:

41muglginDL.jpg

I really like that, Mom. Link please?

Funny.... I always said I'd never get into glass.... that I'd never acquire GAS. And guess what? :dog:

I've got it bad!

This is the thing... I hate spending a lot of money on glass. It's come to my attention that most of the glass we buy (even from big glass companies) comes from China. And that there are different levels of glass used. So my rational is that, since I break glass on the reg, there's no reason to pay top dollar for my glass.

I have a couple of nice pieces by Pulse and M & M Tech. Those I consider my 'high end' pieces. Now I realize that these aren't actually high end or art glass. But I would never buy that personally.

I have purchased from DHGate several times. Although I've had a couple successful purchases, the glass usually arrives broken and then there's the run around of trying to get it replaced. I've noticed that Amazon is starting to carry the same bubblers and I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck ordering through them. The bubblers appear to be the same as the ones featured on DHGate.... and they look like they ship from China.

So my question is... where's everyone getting their glass these days? And what are you getting?

Cause momma needs a new bubbler. :biggrin:

Just recieved a Mobius matrix side car off Amazon. Ordered may 22 and shipping estimation was June 15th- July 1 and it was here Tuesday!

One week and it was packed like a Tiffany lamp. Also ONE dollar cheaper then stevenlmz on dhgate

:naughty2::thumbsup:

Hey guys, I'd be glad to help anyone make an inexpensive rig look great. I'm going to start a Scratched Glassworks thread.

I do custom Sandcarving and Art on all types of pieces. @ataxian I would be honored to work on your piece.

IMG_20170430_163638_853.jpg
IMG_20170211_150751_118.jpg
IMG_20170421_200944_767.jpg

Just a few samples. I'll save more for my thread. I currently do carving for Illadelph, Pulse, Envy, Beta, and privately owned pieces ranging from Motherships to Dhgate.

Look forward to setting up a thread and chatting it up.

1b.png

@phattpiggie

You are correct. I haven't purchased a piece of glass in quite some time. But, that being said knowing what goes on behind the scenes and understanding the business I can promise you this, I will never go and spend big dollars on glass ever again.

The market is flooded with blowers all over and they drove eachothers prices through the roof. It's unfair to the consumer. I've seen glass pieces made quickly using pre made parts that hit the stores for 5k+.

Personally, I'd rather spen on meds.

@phattpiggie

You are correct. I haven't purchased a piece of glass in quite some time. But, that being said knowing what goes on behind the scenes and understanding the business I can promise you this, I will never go and spend big dollars on glass ever again.

The market is flooded with blowers all over and they drove eachothers prices through the roof. It's unfair to the consumer. I've seen glass pieces made quickly using pre made parts that hit the stores for 5k+.

Personally, I'd rather spen on meds.
BonG's are goofy!
1000 years behind evolution.
Bamboo was first used so that became the first source.
Smaller mouthpieces are becoming popular.
Evolution takes a long time.
MATERIAL OR NATURAL

MEDS will never let you down.
I like GSC because it agrees with me!
The other stuff I have will put you out.
Time of day and what you want to do determines what type I'm medicating with?
SATIVA = MORNING
HYBRID = ALL DAY
INDICA = BEFORE BED

KEIF - ROSIN = ADDICTION (all day)

Your SAND BLASTING is very cool! (BLING, BLING)

Thinking of getting a new piece.

As for now I have the trusty fc-710. Fantastic. Super loud however. Still great.

Thinking of getting either a recycler or Klein type.

Any suggestions?

I'm probably going to get it custom blown from ml or someone local. Just can't decide on the recycler vs Klein haha

Thinking of getting a new piece.

As for now I have the trusty fc-710. Fantastic. Super loud however. Still great.

Thinking of getting either a recycler or Klein type.

Any suggestions?

I'm probably going to get it custom blown from ml or someone local. Just can't decide on the recycler vs Klein haha
If you don't have butter finger's custom is the way to go.
I break glass so much!

Vroom vroom

Me too! It's a crushing experience.... and after a while you just stop buying expensive.

I love my recycler. Although it isn't much quieter than my FC-710. I sort of like the 'throaty growl' though. Reminds me of a Harley. :lol:

I think the fc 710 is like a conch calling rig. So loud.

But if you guys like DHgate, this vendor mlgass makes really cool custom work. Nice guy too. So just have to decide on the recycler vs Klein thing haha.

A pre-emtive 'excuse my messy bathroom' on this one... I'm packing and cleaning and....

But I wanted to let you know about this piece. It got here two days ago so real fast delivery. Much faster than any DHGate purchase I've ever made. And although the box itself was beat up and a bit flimsy, it was well protected by bubble wrap.

When I did my first water test I wasn't impressed at all. Seemed very chuggy. And the same thing happened when I tried a quartz banger with it (with an adapter). BUT.... when I put my 420 Titanium nail on it.... the magic happened. The combination of that and a carb cap and the thing hums.... clears with a throaty growl.... For the price? Me likey. :biggrin:

KC9y5DW.jpg

I finally got up to my cottage so I could get my FC-187 for comparison. Here is the piece I got from Amazon. It came way before the projected arrival date; just a day or two after the other piece I bought that day.

agAlUkV.jpg

It's a bit smaller than the FC-187 and a bit more 'refined' in it's lines. The piece from Amazon is 8" in height and the DHGate piece is 9". Here's a side by side:

5IBXLFC.jpg

While the inner and outer diameter of the mouthpieces were the same, the one from Amazon seems more slender and has a bit more edge to it. The can of the Amazon piece is 2 1/4" in diameter; the DHGate piece is 2 1/2". The base of the Amazon piece is 4"; the DHGate piece is 4 1/2".

4ZoArcb.jpg

I feel the perc on the Amazon piece (on the right) is a little more substantial and fires better.

KmfrMCc.jpg

The Amazon piece was $31.98 and the DHGate piece is $36.33. Both have free shipping. My experience with Amazon was much smoother and easier than any I've had with DHGate. And it was packed bomb proof; bubbled wrapped in a box that was within a styrofoam box. I give this one a :thumbsup:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back