Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Which Butter Machine

LesPlenty

Company Rep
There are many different butter machines available on the market, which one should I get,
Amazon product
1580445349176.png

Amazon product
1580445400071.png

Amazon product

This one also has a decarb function,
Amazon product
This one also has a decarb function too,

1580445709168.png

1580445828563.png

1580445853510.png

What do people think, have I missed any others I should look at?

Edit, found this vid on the Levo 2, looks too easy,

Attachments

• 1580445542321.png
    1580445542321.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
I can only speak for the Magical Butter machine. I have two of them. They are really handy but you still need to decarb the herb prior to use. I'd be hesitant to buy the units that are a direct copy on Alibaba... there are things that can go wrong with these machines and Magical Butter has great customer service and support. But that's me.

I haven't heard a whole lot on the Levo, but what I've heard has been positive. For some reason, I think that @Killick might have one. I question if that 'warming cycle,' prior to adding the oil, is enough of a decarb.

I was wanting a butter machine for my sugar leaf trim, I just can't be bothered with bubble hash bags and don't like just throwing it out (I tried to press it green and made a hell of a mess hehe)

I was wanting a butter machine for my sugar leaf trim, I just can't be bothered with bubble hash bags and don't like just throwing it out (I tried to press it green and made a hell of a mess hehe)

What do you do with old rosin pucks?

I strip them and any other old herb that I don't want to press with iso. Winterize with enthanol and use the resulting oil for canna caps and other medibles.

Using a butter machine is fine, don't get me wrong, I just thought since you already make rosin........

And once you have a concentrate it makes dosage control much easier, and it tastes better IMO.

What do you do with old rosin pucks?
That was another reason I am looking at butter machines.
We don't get everclear here and I can't be bothered making a still like @felvapes, I don't want those type of solvents plus who doesn't like chocolate medibles!

That was another reason I am looking at butter machines.
We don't get everclear here and I can't be bothered making a still like @felvapes, I don't want those type of solvents plus who doesn't like chocolate medibles!
There are several discounts that you can use at Magical Butter. They have one going on site for Super Bowl that gets you $30 off (the code is Touchdown). And if you use the code MBUU, I believe you get $40 off... These codes are for the machine only and not the bundles. Frankly... I don't think the bundles are worth it. I don't care for the decarb box. I'm not all that fond of the 'LoveGlove' or the 'PurifyFilter' that come with the basic machine either.

There's one other extract machine that you didn't mention in your OP. The ExtractCraft Source Turbo. But it is for botanical extractions and ethanol recovery so perhaps it doesn't fit your needs:

I have a magical butter machine

I looked at the Alibaba ones but there were some features and concerns I had that I have forgotten directly now
I had discussions with a few sellers
I think post was a lot too
I was asking for a sample before buying bulk (I didn't want bulk but it was the only way to get one)

Either way I do remember in the end going for a known machine for various reasons

Magic butter is a great machine instead of a croc pot or double boiler

But I never use it anymore
Since making feco I haven't looked back
Avb and pucks for a feco run and you have perfect product which can be vapes put in caps and swallowed or put in medibles with full extraction and better dosing

I understand the want to not use solvents
But if you don't want to use a still I believe 100% iso is pretty safe if purged fully

I do prefer the still and ethanol though
Methylated spirits is 99% ethanol here and safe, but leaves a taste in the oil because they flavour it to stop people drinking it

I am not into using butane though for wax myself so i won't use all solvent

I loved the function of the magical butter machine and if have to have one it's my vote

But I really am on the @Shredder bandwagon with this one and say feco is the best option for avb trim pucks and medibles
Least wasteage too
I find the overall effort and end result is much more worth my time making feco over butter and I can still make brownies if I want to although a cap is nice too
Vaping feco is brilliant, since getting a Hermes 3 or the ve10 quaser for oil I love my feco even more so
Use it a lot now

I think pucks in butter would work but be more annoying to break up and get all the bags off

Last edited:

I looked at the Alibaba ones but there were some features and concerns I had that I have forgotten directly now
I had discussions with a few sellers
I think post was a lot too
I was asking for a sample before buying bulk (I didn't want bulk but it was the only way to get one)

Either way I do remember in the end going for a known machine for various reasons

Magic butter is a great machine instead of a croc pot or double boiler

But I never use it anymore
Since making feco I haven't looked back
Avb and pucks for a feco run and you have perfect product which can be vapes put in caps and swallowed or put in medibles with full extraction and better dosing

I understand the want to not use solvents
But if you don't want to use a still I believe 100% iso is pretty safe if purged fully

I do prefer the still and ethanol though
Methylated spirits is 99% ethanol here and safe, but leaves a taste in the oil because they flavour it to stop people drinking it

I am not into using butane though for wax myself so i won't use all solvent

I loved the function of the magical butter machine and if have to have one it's my vote

But I really am on the @Shredder bandwagon with this one and say feco is the best option for avb trim pucks and medibles
Least wasteage too
I find the overall effort and end result is much more worth my time making feco over butter and I can still make brownies if I want to although a cap is nice too
Vaping feco is brilliant, since getting a Hermes 3 or the ve10 quaser for oil I love my feco even more so
Use it a lot now

I think pucks in butter would work but be more annoying to break up and get all the bags off
Dang. I wasn't wanting any more single use appliances ( quesadilla maker, anyone?) but now that @felvapes has spoken, I kind of want a magical butter machine that I might use twice a year.

Dang. I wasn't wanting any more single use appliances ( quesadilla maker, anyone?) but now that @felvapes has spoken, I kind of want a magical butter machine that I might use twice a year.
Lol
And here I am trying to sell the @Shredder path of feco and I sell the magical butter machine hahaa

It is a good one, I use coconut oil last few times instead of butter - better extraction I found and easier

I just prefer feco as I get full extraction no waste and can still medible with it

'PurifyFilter' that come with the basic machine either.
Is that the mini bubble hash looking bag? What do you use for a filter instead? (thanks for the heads up on the bundles)

Where did you get yours, being an Aussie consumer?

I have taken the Lexo 1 & 2 off my list as the load sizes look tiny(and they are).

I might use twice a year.
I own a boat so I feel your pain x 100!

Is that the mini bubble hash looking bag? What do you use for a filter instead? (thanks for the heads up on the bundles)

Where did you get yours, being an Aussie consumer?

I have taken the Lexo 1 & 2 off my list as the load sizes look tiny(and they are).

I own a boat so I feel your pain x 100!
I was looking at the official site as I think they sold them and posted herr
Or there were maybe some carriers here I think too

But I ended up getting a bargain price off gumtree second hand

I use bubble bags I had spare to strain instead of the expensive ones they sell themselves
Or I have bought screen off AliExpress too which gives more surface area to squeeze out

I also bought my silicone gloves from eBay for something like $6 instead of the overpriced ones they sell
Mine are exactly the same just way cheaper

My mate had the full setup from magic butter and mine is all the same or better (diff bags) and a lot cheaper

I'm sure there are local websites that sell them - or used to anyway

You won't regret a magic butter machine if you want to make butter/coconut oil

But you would def prefer feco if you tried some or compared the two.... ( Just a last ditch attempt to turn you to the oily side lol)

Yes it is. And it doesn't work for shit. I use the filter that I posted about in the Magical Butter thread. And my MB filter experience is documented there as well lol. Info on the dimensions and where to buy the filter below can be found in this post.

41517490_1984918858195008_901832944774021120_o.jpg

Here are plenty of Aus stores selling the magic butter machine @LesPlenty including the official Aus store
Also some half price ones on gumtree

I still say some iso and a beaker will be more fullfilling to make feco

But if you want the butter/coconut oil route here are the local purchase options for you

Thanks for the links, I was just wondering where you got your MB2.
I will have a look at the FECO, or RSO? Both are hard to find in searches in the forums,

I like how this lady uses 316 Ti pots, hehe,

Then there is this guy, Mr. Bulk,

Thanks for the links, I was just wondering where you got your MB2.
I will have a look at the FECO, or RSO? Both are hard to find in searches in the forums,

I like how this lady uses 316 Ti pots, hehe,

Then there is this guy, Mr. Bulk,

I skipped through the first video
At the end she is wasteful using the spoon etc at the end
I find using syringes to collect is best

The Mr bulk video is a better and easier guide of many I watch

Only difference if I am doing it is a couple steps

I would use a 25 micron to get all the fine dust out - especially when using avb and pucks etc as the dust is fine and can make the oil sludgy
I will also do a second or even third wash of the material in the same way

(I mix pucks, avb and trim or leaf)

Then I filter through coffee filters to get extra clean (wet the coffee filter with iso so it doesn't soak up oil)

Also instead of the rice burner (which is very effective and cheap $20 option) I use an air still from eBay $80 and reclaim about 3/4 of the ethanol or isopropyl

Something very similar to this white one

I take it out of the still while it is less thick and put in a beaker to do the double boil purge - if needed can add a tiny bit of solvent to the still to rinse the extra oil off the bottom of still (or rice cooker) into the beaker

I will then add a bit more alcohol (no more than a pasta sauce bottle if a big run) and put this bottle into the freezer for a few days
At least 3

Then use coffee filters again to filter out the waxes etc - I never used to do the freeze and filter but as @Shredder says it really makes a big difference to the final product

Then in the beaker I double boil and purge as in Mr bulk video till no more bubbles

Then while still warm but not plastic melting hot use syringes to suck up the oil

A teaspoon can scrape the reminder up and wipe off onto oven paper

That stuff in the syringes is amazing quality stuff and you have got everything out of your material

Can be eaten in caps, straight under tongue, into medibles of any kind or vaped which is really nice and efficient

It sounds like a lot but is actually easier to me than butter sometimes and a much more versatile and strong product

Feco, RSO and a few other names all work
But I have had people be pedantic about names due to small differences in process

So I learnt feco from @momofthegoons and like that and use it now as it is an accurate name regardless of the process

Full Extraction Cannabis Oil

If you have people you know trying to use for cancer or tumours etc 1-2 ml a day is the tumour shrinking dose

They will be very high at these doses though

A 1ml cap gives me a fun ride

One long draw on a vape pen will give a nice buzz felt immediately
And a .5 or 1ml cart will last me a few days when using flower and rosin as well

Last edited:
They are basically the same thing. Here is a link to a post here on the forum for making small batch RSO.

I don't use the MB machine for tinctures (that would be evaporated down for RSO).... only for butters and oils. I think using the machine for RSO is unnecessary. But for cannabutter or infused coconut oil it's the bee's knees.

If you have people you know trying to use for cancer or tumours etc 1-2 ml a day is the tumour shrinking dose

They will be very high at these doses though

That's why the RSO protocol is to start low and slow with a rice sized amount at first and build up tolerance daily. That way the patient isn't freaked out by the high.

Then use coffee filters again to filter out the waxes etc - I never used to do the freeze and filter but as @Shredder says it really makes a big difference to the final product

That step is important.

Any moisture sticks with plant material including plant wax. But it freezes and can be filtered out with a coffee filter while still cold. Wax also sticks to the glass I use to freeze it.

I've gotten up to 50% wax from seemingly good extract, so the final product is clean, potent and safe.

I was tooling around the netz looking for cannabis related stuff and stumbled on this article and thought of this thread. Who knew? Scientists have 'discovered' that Espresso machines are the ideal tool for THC extraction lol..... Of course, you wouldn't be running butter through it... it would be used for tinctures.

Anyway.....
Good article. I just wish they gave detailed instructions.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back