Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Which portable to buy for a beginner

MikeyRipz

Finally have talked my mom into trying some herb for some health problems.
What port vape would you recommend for a noob? Plus i wouldn't mind trying a good herb vape, its been a long while and would like to see how much better they are now from 15 years ago.

Thanks medicaters

Finally have talked my mom into trying some herb for some health problems.
What port vape would you recommend for a noob? Plus i wouldn't mind trying a good herb vape, its been a long while and would like to see how much better they are now from 15 years ago.

Thanks medicaters
The portable I found myself recommending the most is the Fury2.... but now that the Edge is out I would probably defer to it. Better battery, more oomph, and uses the dosing caps that make life so easy. It has a safe airpath... good customer service... and can be gotten for a good price. Come the Black Friday sales, I'll bet you could get one for a steal. I'll probably buy an Edge at that time; even though my F2 is still going strong.

Fury Edge offers flexibility for native or water. Easy to keep clean & straight forward to use. That would be my recommendation especially for the $$

Yup.... this would be my second suggestion. I think the Edge might win out for a new user though.... especially a 'senior' user. The dosing caps just make things so easy and prolongs the time to clean up.

Exactly my thoughts on it. The solo or air are also good choices too. They are also not threatening looking.

Does slight draw resistance compensate for an easier clean? Bearing in mind both are prettysimple maintenance. Possibly an air or solo is the ticket?

The portable I found myself recommending the most is the Fury2.... but now that the Edge is out I would probably defer to it. Better battery, more oomph, and uses the dosing caps that make life so easy. It has a safe airpath... good customer service... and can be gotten for a good price. Come the Black Friday sales, I'll bet you could get one for a steal. I'll probably buy an Edge at that time; even though my F2 is still going strong.

1602699567434.png

Hey @MikeyRipz did you decide yet? I will add the HR F2 or Edge as my recommendation too!
Dynavap is too fiddly for a noob and the Mighty is quite large (intimidating) and overpriced. The HR offerings are the Goldilocks vapes for noobs IMO as they are a great bang for your buck.

Hey @MikeyRipz did you decide yet? I will add the HR F2 or Edge as my recommendation too!
Dynavap is too fiddly for a noob and the Mighty is quite large (intimidating) and overpriced. The HR offerings are the Goldilocks vapes for noobs IMO as they are a great bang for your buck.
Still looking into Les. Looks like I'm going to have to buy it for her. She got all skwobly when she seen the price. I told her cheaper than the meds she had been taking and healthier will see, I'll harass her some more. Was hoping she would buy one and I could give it a try. But looks like I'm gonna have to buy it for her. I think you guys have talked me into f2 or edge if she wont bu one I will surprise her with one.

Still looking into Les. Looks like I'm going to have to buy it for her. She got all skwobly when she seen the price. I told her cheaper than the meds she had been taking and healthier will see, I'll harass her some more. Was hoping she would buy one and I could give it a try. But looks like I'm gonna have to buy it for her. I think you guys have talked me into f2 or edge if she wont bu one I will surprise her with one.
I don't know how much of a hurry you are in to get this done but... We're getting so close to Black Friday sales that you might want to want a bit. I know PIU has discounted the HR products during that time in the past. You might even get a free grinder out of the deal (some of their vapes come with).

Thanks Mom I'll give it some thought. Is it worth saving 20$ I want to show my mom that she can have a quality way of life. But you are right Turkey day only about a month away. I have ordered from puffitup in the past with outstanding results.
I don't think you'll have to wait a whole month. They start their Black Friday sales earlier in the month... just keep an eye out on IG or on their site. Or here.... we often post up the Black Friday sales from some of the different manufacturers/retailers.

I also have an issue with a beginner.. my problem is the coughing thats ruining the experience.. any ideas on the smoothest options... ???
Vapcap, evo, eq, and ff are all too much for her... even though water... dk what to do... maybe a bag through water.. will try tonight......

My WoodScents through water is my smoothest vape by far.

@MikeyRipz - well, when beginner is mentioned I tend to think less expensive vape as a new person may balk at a higher cost unit.

if so, in addition to HR vapes, look at Vivant Go. Very good price and it’s mouthpiece is suitable to directly put on a joint of a bubbler and such.

outside of putting it on glass, I believe that both HR and Vivant will a bit hit and harsh as the MP is right above the oven w a short and pretty direct vapor path.

if not, consider a Mighty. For a new person, it’s dead easy to get great vapor....just inhale

She got all skwobly when she seen the price.
Skwobly... I LOVE That word!
any ideas on the smoothest options... ???
I find using small mouth pulls rather than inhaling directly into my lungs makes all the difference. My lungs are very sensitive and often twitchy, but I don't cough. I take small tokes which I first draw into my mouth, similar to drawing liquids into my mouth through a straw, before inhaling the vapor along with fresh air. Easy does it wins the race.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back