Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Who Are You and What Are You In For?

Okay, one interesting fact: nicotine itself is only mildly addictive. Nicotine in tobacco is highly addictive. The reason for that is that in tobacco there's also MAO inhibitors which alter the addictive properties of nicotine, hence the standard Fagerström test for nicotine addiction was renamed to Fagerström test for tobacco addiction. E cigarette users, even when they are not willing to give up nicotine, experience much less withdrawal symptoms than tobacco smokers. I myself couldn't stand even half an hour without smoking when I still did tobacco, now I can abstain from it for hours if needed.

Sorry for OT, just saying... :-)
I guess maybe we are pattern seeking mammal’s?
My wife quit smoking cigarettes when we met?
She smoked 2 pack’s a day!
Glad she quit?
I never did like them?

Okay, one interesting fact: nicotine itself is only mildly addictive. Nicotine in tobacco is highly addictive. The reason for that is that in tobacco there's also MAO inhibitors which alter the addictive properties of nicotine, hence the standard Fagerström test for nicotine addiction was renamed to Fagerström test for tobacco addiction. E cigarette users, even when they are not willing to give up nicotine, experience much less withdrawal symptoms than tobacco smokers. I myself couldn't stand even half an hour without smoking when I still did tobacco, now I can abstain from it for hours if needed.

Sorry for OT, just saying... :-)
that is interesting. i have read up a little on nicotine myself, but did not come across this before. and i agree with you: withdrawel from ecigs seems milder. it is not gone though.

I'm concupiscient.
73 year old transplant from n.e. to s.e., central fl.
My nicotine addiction isn't anymore - vaping and not personal will power is the reason.
I think I was introduced to it around 2012.

These days I medicate primarily via tincture - health reasons.
Yet seek the device that delivers the medication as vapor without earthquaking my body with coughing spasms.

I see some familiar names from the heck with combustion place.
Good to see you.

I'm concupiscient.
73 year old transplant from n.e. to s.e., central fl.
My nicotine addiction isn't anymore - vaping and not personal will power is the reason.
I think I was introduced to it around 2012.

These days I medicate primarily via tincture - health reasons.
Yet seek the device that delivers the medication as vapor without earthquaking my body with coughing spasms.

I see some familiar names from the heck with combustion place.
Good to see you.
There are MANY tools and devices (vapes) out there with minimum "Lung Workout" profiles, and I am sure that in a very short time you will be flooded with recommendations.
Questions:
  1. Do you want convection or conduction
  2. do you want portable or plug-in
(in convection, hot air from various sources get drawn through ground herbal matter, this can be fan assisted or user controlled// In conduction, herb is packed firmly into a chamber... which itself heats the packed herb, wiser draws the vapor from the baking "loaf").
We're all here for you!

A warm welcome to all the new members. A lot of useful info here. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to get quality vaporizers that doesnt make you want to cough up a lung. I don’t like harshness myself. What one person likes another person may have a different experience and opinion.

I personally have a hard time with edibles. I either can’t feel it or I’m blasting off to another planet. It takes a long time for an edible high to go away for some folks or if you take way too much and didn’t mean to.

I haven’t smoked cannabis for 9 years, I think. I can’t imagine going back to smoking.

Last edited:
Warm water vape bonging helps moisturize the vapour & can assist with reducing irritation. Most coughing caused by vaping is because the vapour is quite dry. Welcome to the forum @Concupiscient

Hi, medical user from NJ. I smoked in high school, but gave it up until I was in a motorcycle accident about 12 years ago when I started taking it to reduce my intake of painkillers. Started vaping on an Iolite, then a Pax. Didn't switch over completely until I got a Dynavap M in 2017, but smoking is a rare occasion. I've got a decent little collection of different vapes and I'm always looking for a way to modulate the experience. I rue the fact that New Jersey dispensaries don't carry decent concentrates. Also, I'm the moderator of a small subreddit: r/NewJerseyEnts.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back