Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Who Are You and What Are You In For?

thank you momofthegoons,
I've been reading your posts, dream-walking through these forums, lot's of good information, thanks for sharing.
Can’t go wrong with a log vape.

Hello, I'm Jim.
I’m looking for a controlled temperature vape that doesn’t look like a lab experiment in my apartment, and can be tucked away nicely when not in use. Other than this, portability is not an issue.

I have one vape, a mflb, that works, but it seems a bit one dimensional without an effective temperature control, and I am interested in exploring the mind and body qualities of various temperatures, preferably using an accurate onboard digital temperature gauge. I recently stopped combusting in a glass eyedropper tube, so micro-dosing is my habit. Convection seems the best option for my singing voice . Sometimes I need a heavy hit for pain spikes, or to get to sleep, but generally I need subtle mind sparkles to keep me up and moving from the inside out through-out the day.

I used to be a knifemaker, everything by hand because I couldn’t stand the noise of heavy machinery and the need for respirator masks. I appreciate technology and line, but after a life of chronic injury and various conditions I’m on SSI, not exactly an investor anymore. Don’t carve steel anymore, I play guitar and write, so I need to keep my mind and body off the couch.

I’ve ordered a Tinymight, for better or worse, want a hopper io, as soon as it stops raining over there, and meanwhile I’m considering a Fury Edge, cause it seems dependable and versatile and has a temp gauge (assuming it’s accurate). Nano sounds awesome, but I currently think I need a temp gauge.

Not looking for great clouds, or to impress my friends.
I use cannabis, cbd + thc, in various ratios depending on need, throughout the day.
I’m actually a lightweight. Herb lasts me a longtime.

All recommendations, especially from other medical users most welcome.

Love Is The Cure

Jim
If you don’t need a portable you can’t go wrong with a log vape as well. Welcome to fun and info.

Thanks for the suggestion CarolKing, yeah I'm eyeing the logs, but I'm hung up on having a known temperature I can set with accuracy to try and isolate terpens and such. I guess I could feel my way if I had more experience but I've only tried the mflb, which is great for launching, but not so good for me when trying to isolate lower temps only.
Really, living in a small island town, all I got on vapes is a week of reading on various internet forums, so I have a lot to learn, but the first thing on any machine is the ability to control it with finesse. I expect the Tinymight will make a good all purpose daily, but no digital temperature read out to satisfy my nerdosity, so I'm still lookin round.

I may well go for some cooling down the road with whatever I get, I can see that being cool.

Is there a particular store mmj folks use or is it just shoppers choice?

Nothing I have used so far comes close to how good a WS from Ed is in regards to taste and frugalness, matched with a decent VVPS that is very accurate and able to change in small increments (not Ed's sorry) is hard to beat The VVPS I use after a similar unit to Ed's,
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5V-2A-LCD-Mini-DC-Power-Supply-USB-Step-Down-Converter-24V-To-1-20V-Adjustable/273707834549?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
This with a WS will dial in any Terp you are after @merlynschain

Yum! A variable voltage supply! I'm seein the light here. LesPlenty, can you point me to a post or search string that will describe your rig please?
The logs really do make sense to my use profile and it looks like studio gear. Might have to trade in my secret brief case for a Maxwell Smart overnight bag.
Thanks for this. Off to Ed's page ~ . ~

edit: I'm reading through the VA thread for Ed's, thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
@merlynschain welcome kind sir, lots of options with Eds logs, (Dyna's are a no brainer for newcomers or connoisseurs) a most excellent choice. Epicvape E Nano is another log manufacturer with a lower pricepoint has a multitude of Bennys and most importantly it's always on tap ready to rip. There are some interesting options with 510 box mods if u like to tinker and nerd out.. feel it out here and deduce what worx 4u!
Stick around this loony haus.

Last edited:
Thank you all...I'm gettin my education...just like guitars, a few good ones instead of 10 OK ones : )
I'm seein how one of Ed's logs and a few Dynavaps can be a good stable of horses, as long as one has a good variable voltage power supply...seems like this is the key to the system into the future. I guess the VVPS could be used with the 510 thang but I don't really know what that is yet.

Any recomendations for a good bench grade power supply.....I like to buy once and get it done....cheaper in the end, leaving more for good cbd.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum @merlynschain. I think a log vape with a VVPS & Vapcap with a IH will suit you down to the ground. Discreet & microdosable. You work out how your log runs eventually as each heater is slightly different so it helps to be able to "tune" it. Same deal with the VC or add a low temp cap for daytime sessions.

Whoa, thanks LesPlenty, changed my mind ~I do want this lab experiment sitting out on my desk!
Best camouflage is right out in the open with an aroma therapy cookin. Love Love Love.

Occurs to me I have a decent guitar pedal power supply that does 9, 12, and 18 volts, and look what I found under the bed:
F5805NJI0HYPK38.LARGE.jpg

see, the universe knew about vaping long before I did.
took me 4 years to figure out why I bought this ~ . ~
Voltage Output: 0 V-18 V DC ± 1% in increments of centivolts (0.01 V)
Current Output: 0A - 3A ± 2% in increments of centiamps (0.01 A)

now I'll have to find my glasses!

so I decided to do this, which led me to see if the local Pshop had a Dvap, since I needed one anyway, and they did, and closed in 10 minutes;
the town is small and the sun being pretty I decided to go, so I did, and went, came back, and combusted a huge load, like midnight combustion in a factory chimney, with a too hot torch, and now I can't stop writing like this. Does this mean I'm on my way?

Total user error, my Dvap now has a pretty rainbow on it's ti-ness, and I'm working up a koan about fire.

~ . ~

It will happen mate. Maybe try a few empty heat cycles so you get a feel for the click. Then it will be open season.

I have been looking at these for a while now,

I have one of those units Les & they work well but are quite bulky compared to the little 24v one I use with an extension lead.

20200801_210513.jpg

I use the same VVPS as yours @Stevenski to power my Mi Ni DC to DC VVPS as it has a fine-tune control knob as well as a fast mover wheel as well as a 2amp USB outlet. The Mi Ni also displays the amp draw of the device you are using. (mine is using 1.34amp at 11.4v as I am running 2x WS off it)
IMG_20200801_212815.jpg

yeah, got nipped by my new puppy : )
All good this morn, the Dynavap is easy and tasty, stealthy and effective. Very economical.

Since I already have a VVPS bench unit, seems all I need to do is wire a power cable to the Wood Scents and dial it in.
Is polarity an issue between the VVPS and the Wood Scents?
I mean I'm guessing the heater is a resistance type where it shouldn't matter the direction of power flow but one does want to get it right with tiny electrons....

I'm thinking on purchasing the Wood Scents Lite Kit from the Sneaky Petes store. Saves some $ and A don't really need the other accessories.
Thanks again for all the input and the very helpful knowledge found throughout this site. Moderators are doing a fantastic job.

Hello I'm shopdognyc. I am recently on FC as well as Reddit. I've been a casual participant for years, but with no real teacher, or effort googling for information. Something clicked one day, and I made the trip from just rolling a j or bowl, to investing in a Mighty. Taste and flavor were different, though I did actively use a Pax 2 years ago. My bong and Pax just collected dust and converting a lifestyle that led with alcoholic friends found me somewhere more sensible and aware of myself.

I am really enjoying the vibe here already and was suggested by Helios at FC.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back