Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Why Do I Laugh Like Joker Every Time I Fall Asleep / Wake Up ?

EveryDayAmnesiac

I guess I just wasn't made for these times.
Anyone want to run with this? Just freaked out my new neighbor. Haven't had a new neighbor in like 5 years. So ... yeah. I'm 39 years old.

Also, I do an amazing Dick Cheney impression. Sounds like Penguin from the 60s Batman show. Mmhmm.

I'll run with this.... except with a twist. Cause it's more like my neighbor freaks me out regularly....

Of course, you'd be freaked out too if this was YOUR neighbor...
maxresdefault-3.jpg

Oh @EveryDayAmnesiac ..... I giggle thinking of the fun you would have with him... :dog:

Why does blood orange juice have to be so expensive? And why doesn't my local store have it in kefir form? And why is the last thing my father said to me was that I gave birth to the millennial generation? It's all fucking bullshit.

Why does blood orange juice have to be so expensive? And why doesn't my local store have it in kefir form? And why is the last thing my father said to me was that I gave birth to the millennial generation? It's all fucking bullshit.
All very valid points.

Y'all are in the right place, the asylum. :nod:
Truth. And he'll always have a place here.... :smoke:

giphy-23.gif

So, that moment when you wake up on the non-winterized porch of the pseudo frat house halfway down the mountain with two feral cats sleeping next to you and you can't remember how you got there and then get offered lukewarm scrambled eggs and toast by a guy with dreadlocks and wearing a fedora and not much else and the rest of his band is still passed out and you finish someone else's Dale's Pale Ale from last night before you walk back home while wearing your pajamas and wishing you were dead? Good times.

So, that moment when you wake up on the non-winterized porch of the pseudo frat house halfway down the mountain with two feral cats sleeping next to you and you can't remember how you got there and then get offered lukewarm scrambled eggs and toast by a guy with dreadlocks and wearing a fedora and not much else and the rest of his band is still passed out and you finish someone else's Dale's Pale Ale from last night before you walk back home while wearing your pajamas and wishing you were dead? Good times.
My Saturday nights pale in comparison.....

Edit to add....
At least you were dressed. :cool:

In all seriousness, I am just sad all the time these days. Except when I'm laughing hysterically at all the sadness. It's maddening.

I was 9 years old when introduced to The Joker. And Joker was fucking cool. I sometimes wonder why I was so drawn to that character before I knew anything about madness / sadness. I was a child, for fuck's sake. When I saw Tim Burton's Batman movie back in 1989, I didn't know anything about Batman or Joker or comics or movies or anything really. But after I saw that movie in the theater, all I could talk about for months was Joker, Joker, Joker. Love that Joker.

Nicholson, Ledger, Phoenix, Hamill, they've all done a great job. Magnificent performances. I recite and imitate their lines all the time. But I still do my own Joker laugh. I generally don't let anyone hear it, but sometimes somebody says something so outrageously surprising and hilarious that I can't help but let it out. Ha ha ha. Hee hee hee.

At what point does laughing become unhealthy? I don't know.

Do Batman and Joker complete each other? Or do they make completion impossible? I don't know. It's interesting that they both have to wear a mask to be a freak. And they are both more comfortable being Batman and Joker than Bruce Wayne and … ???

Batman and Joker are an interesting dichotomy. One could argue that only one of them exists, and that the other is only a figment of imagination, or a dual personality, or a nagging conscience, or a dark desire, or a yearning to be somthing better, or ... whatever the fuck. It's complicated.

All I know is, the more time I spend alone, the more I want to embrace my Joker. Wear a purple coat. Wear clown makeup. Laugh manically. And watch everything go to hell. But I don't know why.

I don't think a virus or a bomb or a natural disaster or a space spore will end humanity. I think it's just simple sadness that will end it. It will be a slow descent, one that's already started, that will bring all sentient life to a point where everyone just gives up. Sadness will end the world. You heard it here first. But like, after you've heard it a million times before. Lol. :lol:

But yeah, sadness. I don't think there's anything more dangerous or lethal or smothering or extinguishing or finalizing (with a nonexistent "God") than sadness.

Maybe it's merely a failure on a planetary level. Or maybe a curse on our solar system. Or maybe it's all around our galaxy. Or maybe it means something more that we can't yet understand. Or maybe it's a fuckup and inherent in our entire fucking universe and crosses all dimensions. I'm drawn across the universe to a guy who literally shot his heart out with a shotgun in a Knoxville alley in 2010. He took a shotgun and shot the bullet through his heart. That is not fucking around. That is not reaching for attention. That is an ending.

I miss you, Mark. I miss you so fucking much. We all do. David and Scott and Jason and John and Brian and Nina and Tom and Thom and Frank and Wayne and Daniel and everyone. Sparklehorse was something all your own. Your music will never be duplicated. Timeless and timely and sad and unsure and questioning and mysterious and … Sparklehorse.

Interstellar, the film, says that love can transcend dimensions of time and space, that it's observable and powerful, so ... can't sadness do the same thing? Hasn't sadness made as much of an impact on your life as love? Why does sadness stick around when we (usually) want it to go away? I say usually because I'm crazy about my sadness. I fucking love what it brings to me. I happily drown in that shit and just want more.

Sadness rules the world as we know it. Not love. That's a shitty thing to think about. But here we are.

It's a sad and beautiful world.

Last edited:
@EveryDayAmnesiac One hell of a post, beautifully written, coherent, it starts it finishes, poetry to me.

I never liked the joker or batman, superman's a fucking twit. I prefer more of a mad max destitute kind of flavor, apocalypto for human savagery and sadness.

Love the way you dove in deep on this post, absolutely love it.

Sadness.... now there's a bad ass emotion.
I enjoy it when I can see a reason why, hate it when I don't understand it.

Its powerful
It haunts most of us at some point
It gives us shared experience
It can stir great creativity
It stabs like a blade
It blinds us from joy

As newborns we wear our sadness like a badge, announcing our...
Confusion
Hunger
Cold
Heat
Uncertainty
Fear

Sadness feels primal to me
Almost like an ancestral connection
A spiritual journey that's hard to ignore

Laughter

I'd love to hear your joker laugh! I get envious of people with large loud laughter, my laugh is rather quiet, more of a giggle, still fun for me though.

Laughter is great for the abdominals
It can make your head hurt
It can get you into trouble
It can be contagious
It can make you more attractive
It can make you fall off your seat

Laughter also feels primal to me
An obvious human experience
My parents and their parents and back beyond memory
My children and their children and into the future
All surely must laugh

As you said it's a sad and beautiful world.

Just don't let the sadness devour you, or the laughter I suppose.

Many thanks for the thoughtful and insightful and inspiring response. That means a shit ton of a lot to me. Most people don't talk to me anymore because I'm apparently a bit of a Debbie Downer.

Just don't let the sadness devour you, or the laughter I suppose.

Seems like the same emotion to me, these days. :ugh:

I prefer more of a mad max destitute kind of flavor, apocalypto for human savagery and sadness.

I see so much creative potential in sadness, there are countless works of art in all types of different media that are driven by it.

Sadness is also a catalyst for change within ourselves, it's a very powerful emotion/state of being. But it is heavy and needs to be respected.
I've had periods of extended sadness in my life and your sharing struck a chord with me, make sure you are looking after yourself @EveryDayAmnesiac

Thanks for the mad max clip, I think I might watch the full movie tonight.

Last edited:
I'm bringing this thread back. Why? Do I need a bloody goddamn reason? Because. That's fucking why.

So, last September I tried to to kill myself. And succeeded. Clinically dead for five minutes. Cool. The only reason I'm alive is because is because I passed out on the side of a cliff. Vomit everywhere. Exorcist style. Green too. Dehydrated to the point of hallucination. For two days. If my sister hadn't shown up that would have been it. No more EDA. I know - you're heartbroken.

I used to go by BabiesOnTheSun. It's a Sparklehorse song. Quite beautiful, really.

Then things got a bit better. But in November I went to work in a drunken rampage, ranting and raving, in a rage, screaming about how I was going to kill myself.

So I was involuntary committed. You know how it is.

They kept me there for a week. Gotta' love that psych ward. Especially that ... bumper room. The one with all the mattresses.

Nothing changed. Nothing. I just keep laughing. Joker style.

I did meet a really cute girl though. We've been talking.

So what the hell do I now?

She's ... really cute. Bit of a violent temper. Like uh .... really violent.

Last edited:
I'm bringing this thread back. Why? Do I need a bloody goddamn reason? Because. That's fucking why.

So, last September I tried to to kill myself. And succeeded. Clinically dead for five minutes. Cool. The only reason I'm alive is because is because I passed out on the side of a cliff. Vomit everywhere. Exorcist style. Green too. Dehydrated to the point of hallucination. For two days. If my sister hadn't shown up that would have been it. No more EDA. I know - you're heartbroken.

I used to go by BabiesOnTheSun. It's a Sparklehorse song. Quite beautiful, really.

Then things got a bit better. But in November I went to work in a drunken rampage, ranting and raving, in a rage, screaming about how I was going to kill myself.

So I was involuntary committed. You know how it is.

They kept me there for a week. Gotta' love that psych ward. Especially that ... bumper room. The one with all the mattresses.

Nothing changed. Nothing. I just keep laughing. Joker style.

I did meet a really cute girl though. We've been talking.

So what the hell do I now?

She's ... really cute. Bit of a violent temper. Like uh .... really violent.
When's the wedding?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back