Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
I was all about the exploration of consciousness, probably started in ‘68 myself. Cannabis was the first thing I got, followed by acid the year after that, and peyote over the next year. All of it under the worst possible circumstances, of course, except for getting high. For me it was forgetting what I needed to forget and remembering what I needed to stay connected with.

Kind of classic: abusive home life, sensitive, hyper intelligent child, figuring out too many things way too early, never really understanding how to BOTH catch and release. Add the Southern Baptists, the John Birch society, and bake in the segregated south.

Too smart for my own good, too confused and badly put-together to use it.

Getting high with other people changed everything for me: EVERYONE felt weird about the same stuff! The resulting conversations allowed me to come to understand myself as a functional being, and helped me learn skills that are all the rage in complementary medicine these days. I have vastly more facility now, even when straight, and am able to be effective dependably, but it’s just more work and less productive when I’m straight, as a general thing.

My life of dealing with this (diagnosed as ADD and depression-prone, with borderline traits and a streak of paranoia with ~180 iq) really began at the same time my career as a real smoker began. I have been a chronic, heavy cannabis user since ‘81, by which I mean 5 or more joint-equivalents a day. I started microdosing when I got my first one-hitter when the old dugout hit the shelves. There was a good level for physical activity, from yard work to yoga, and a level that was good for thinking and visualizing, and a level that gave me joy.

There still are all those levels, and more besides. I don’t need to medicate to access and use them. But when I’m medicated, I can inhabit them.

During the last 37 years, I’ve had numerous breaks of 30 days or more, and one long break, about a year and a half. During that eighteen month break, I was sick, depressed, isolated. Everything hurt, and my body just didn’t fit right. When I broke that fast, my body began to unlock, yoga became more productive, I was able to concentrate - to be interested again, the pain in my hands began to subside, and I was able to work.

That opened my eyes to cannabis as medicine. I knew of its uses, but having its benefits taken away was very convincing.

I’m 67. The doctors say my heart’s good, my eyes so-so, my lungs clear (!), but I can’t dance all night anymore; Still groove to the music, can still shake my ass non-hysterically. I have a better time, in every way, I’m better at being me when I have access to cannabis.

Without it, I remember every bad dream, everything I wish I hadn’t done, everything I wish I had done, and feel every bump on every mile of every road I’ve traveled. With it, I’m still glad to be alive.

@ClearBlueLou i loved your post. Most of what you had to say mirrored what my life has been like except for the ADD. My mom was very religious but my Dad was mentally abusive, and not religious at all. I have anxiety that I deal with as an adult. Cannabis does help with those emotional feelings. It helps to keep me focused on more important things in life, I find that I have more creative and positive outlets. I’m so glad WA has legal cannabis. Our meficbal cannabis was great too, I do miss that.

I gave up piano because I found practice too frustrating. now i wanna get back into it, hopefully getting vaked would help

i don't have nausea all that often. some degree of insomnia but it might not be bad enough to necessitate marijuana, exercising and less light should be enough. it sometimes helps anxiety and depression. i think i might find a balance with a day on/day off

I gave up piano because I found practice too frustrating. now i wanna get back into it, hopefully getting vaked would help

i don't have nausea all that often. some degree of insomnia but it might not be bad enough to necessitate marijuana, exercising and less light should be enough. it sometimes helps anxiety and depression. i think i might find a balance with a day on/day off
I read non-fiction very fast.
Cannabis makes me better!
Having said that I'm reading ANIMAL FARM by GEORGE OREWELL with my 22 year old.
Cannabis help's us learn?
Welcome to maddness!

Can't believe I've missed this thread this long. And what a nice honest thread it is.

I've had four lower back operations, and a recent hip replacement. Plus I have arthuritus in my spine and shoulders. Oh, and a torn rotor cuff. Also I have asthma. I was active in sports until my forties, hunted and fished, backpacked, hiked, and worked for a utility company in a physical job, until my 3rd back op at age 49. I'm now soon to be 64.

The reason I medicate is to function at a higher level. I take care of good size piece of property and a large vegatable garden, including chickens, duel compost heaps, plus a smaller indoor canna garden, and couple acre food plot for elk and deer. Plus where I live, while quite beautiful, can be asshole deep in snow come febuary. No way could I keep up without cannabis.

I smoked weed in the 70's, then around 1979-1980 stopped due to drug testing at work. Although I had a couple year long breaks from being tested for different reasons and indulged a bit along the way, I resumed smoking and added indoor growing in 2009. In early 2014 I went smoke free and started vaping 100%.

Can't believe I've missed this thread this long. And what a nice honest thread it is.

I've had four lower back operations, and a recent hip replacement. Plus I have arthuritus in my spine and shoulders. Oh, and a torn rotor cuff. Also I have asthma. I was active in sports until my forties, hunted and fished, backpacked, hiked, and worked for a utility company in a physical job, until my 3rd back op at age 49. I'm now soon to be 64.

The reason I medicate is to function at a higher level. I take care of good size piece of property and a large vegatable garden, including chickens, duel compost heaps, plus a smaller indoor canna garden, and couple acre food plot for elk and deer. Plus where I live, while quite beautiful, can be asshole deep in snow come febuary. No way could I keep up without cannabis.

I smoked weed in the 70's, then around 1979-1980 stopped due to drug testing at work. Although I had a couple year long breaks from being tested for different reasons and indulged a bit along the way, I resumed smoking and added indoor growing in 2009. In early 2014 I went smoke free and started vaping 100%.
Wow!

Brother, I hear ya! Most days, if it weren’t for cannabis, coffee, and yoga, I’d just flat be unable to move. Fortunately I’ve stayed pretty flexible over the years, and life won’t let me sedentary.

Cannabis helps me with my mood.....
Even when a physical symptom is not relieved by using cannabis, being in a better mood... more lighthearted, can help a patient ignore
many symptoms.

Even when a physical symptom is not relieved by using cannabis, being in a better mood... more lighthearted, can help a patient ignore
many symptoms.
Yes, indeed. My perspective changes, and my mood can really get low when that bakers cyst starts filling up and my ankle swells and I have to walk down a hill early in the morning. lol It REALLY helps to have a little assistance those days!

Why Do You Medicate? Host of reasons. And that list is getting longer. I don't think it's all 'recreational' and don't plan to 'go public' if it becomes legal where I live. Don't get the hedonistic aspect to it anymore. It feels even more antiquated to even burn it. Not trying to say I wasn't as recreational when I was younger. But the 'Why' feels more um... refined? and then I'll be asking myself "Why do you take CBD?". For my health. Hemp? For my health.

It isn't a cure all for every affliction, But it can take the edge off of most sorts of pain or discomfort, anxiety, mood. It is a plant capable of creating a lot of complex compounds. Then I find out years later about it and it's relation to the endocannabinoid system. So we are kind of hardwired for it. :whoa:
Then there is the whole Mind <-> Body thing. And how certain strains at certain temps give certain effects.

There is a ritual and the fun things about vapes and glass hobby side as well. The vapes seem alien to most people. However the few people whom I know who don't medicate, seem to like my glass collection and comment on how clean I can keep it. :angel2:

During those stress/burdensome packed days at different jobs. Just thinking about what was waiting for me at home was enough to help me endure whatever I had to slog through and hold out just a little longer. bonghit And strong coffee.

Oh, and it keeps the demons at bay. :whipit:

@ataxian Funny thing, when I drank a lot, I never knew I was anxious. Because, I used it to calm me down, to help settle me.
But, this is different, this works. Way back when I was a young'un and I smoked joints, I really thought I would be in a rocking chair,
on the porch smokin'. Now I find, I will be on a porch vaping, and it may be a wheel chair ( someday ). Shit!! Life is fun, and full of
surprises. You roll with them. T break? Not today.

@ataxian Funny thing, when I drank a lot, I never knew I was anxious. Because, I used it to calm me down, to help settle me.
But, this is different, this works. Way back when I was a young'un and I smoked joints, I really thought I would be in a rocking chair,
on the porch smokin'. Now I find, I will be on a porch vaping, and it may be a wheel chair ( someday ). Shit!! Life is fun, and full of
surprises. You roll with them. T break? Not today.
Funny you mentioned a wheel chair?

All my life has been one big party!
Like book by : FITZGERALD

Most of my lost relatives drank a lot?
I was a pot smoker when I was a young gun & decent in my studies.
Some of the people I grew up with are dead now?
It was more the pills that they died from?
That is why I hate pills that are missed used!
I know some need some of them and I’m not a MD?
CANNABIS is safer than milk in my humble observation.
I might be losing it?
Don’t worry you are loved!

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back