Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Cannabis helped me late last week.
Made a realization about how much personal info I had on my phone when I lost it.
Not lyin, for a couple hours I was anxious.
Passwords.
Home screen short cuts to retail sites.
Learned a lot of things the last few days.
Screwed up my medication pattern as well.

I gotta say, 'may have missed a couple forums as well.

Hi everyone, noobie here. I’ve smoked recreationally in my younger years but stopped as I thought my work place at the time was going to test.

Then last April I was in a car accident. I hydroplaned and slammed into the median on the highway. I walked away, but couldn’t shake the “what if’s” and it destroyed me mentally. I started having panic attacks and massive anxiety attacks. I did ok for a while but our recent winters and all the freezing rain triggered my anxiety. The last straw was not sleeping for 38hrs because I couldn’t turn my brain off. I was going thru my cope cup within hours of waking up and went to the doctor. I’m now on medicinal marijuana as a legal user.

It’s really weird because they keep telling me I have PTSD and depression, but most with these symptoms usually affect people who feel they can’t find a way to go on. I’m actually afraid to die - and this is where all this is coming from. 6 1/2yrs ago I was blessed with the greatest gift I could ever receive - my daughter. I think about dying all the time and what would my family do without me? How would they cope?

Is it selfish of me to want to live for ever? Sorry for such a long weird first post and to those that actually read it.

Hi @knowgood and welcome to the Asylum... :smile:

It’s really weird because they keep telling me I have PTSD and depression
Sounds to me like that's close to what you have..... although I'm not quite positive about the depression part. More like PTSD induced anxiety. Similar to what people might go through if they've had a heart attack or have experienced cancer. You live in the fear that it will happen again. And having a family can make it 'worse' because you feel the need to continue to provide... plus you just love them and don't want to cause them any pain or misery.

What I'm trying to say is how you feel is somewhat normal considering what you went through. It wasn't that long ago... just barely a year. So it's still fresh in your mind I'm sure.

Is it selfish of me to want to live for ever? Sorry for such a long weird first post and to those that actually read it.
Well... forever might be a stretch lol. But to want to live? Not at all.

As to being sorry.... nonsense. That's what this forum is for; sharing and support given by like minded people. I'm glad you felt comfortable sharing. :smile:

Are you finding that cannabis is helping with your anxiety?

Last edited:
Ptsd, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, autoimmune disorders, and a whole bunch of other things, all respond well to cannabinoid therapies.

Even if it only keeps the dark thoughts away it's helping. But there are many ways to medicate, and trying them all to ascertain which will work best for you, personally, is something modern molecular medicine just can't do. Every pill has a side effect that more pills can't fix.

@knowgood - welcome to a very helpful group.
You mentioned vaping and smoking. Have you experimented with other delivery methods? I use oils as my main method, saving vaping for 'as required' and bedtime.
Oils are metabolized differently and tend to last longer in your system, and are very discreet to dose. I tend to load coffee, and sip on that through the day.

Welcome. Enjoy the group. There is an awful lot of info in here, and people that can help you understand how it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, noobie here. I’ve smoked recreationally in my younger years but stopped as I thought my work place at the time was going to test.

Then last April I was in a car accident. I hydroplaned and slammed into the median on the highway. I walked away, but couldn’t shake the “what if’s” and it destroyed me mentally. I started having panic attacks and massive anxiety attacks. I did ok for a while but our recent winters and all the freezing rain triggered my anxiety. The last straw was not sleeping for 38hrs because I couldn’t turn my brain off. I was going thru my cope cup within hours of waking up and went to the doctor. I’m now on medicinal marijuana as a legal user.

It’s really weird because they keep telling me I have PTSD and depression, but most with these symptoms usually affect people who feel they can’t find a way to go on. I’m actually afraid to die - and this is where all this is coming from. 6 1/2yrs ago I was blessed with the greatest gift I could ever receive - my daughter. I think about dying all the time and what would my family do without me? How would they cope?

Welcome, @knowgood, welcome to the Asylum.
Congratulations on having a lovely family, and surviving your car accident. It's unfortunate about the PTSD, and many of us at the Asylum , myself included, have it, so there is company and support here. I look forward to seeing you in the threads.

Are you finding that cannabis is helping with your anxiety?

For most parts yes. But if “life” really gets in my head it can over power the cannabis to the point that I need high thc to shut down. Talking about it always helps too. I’m not afraid to admit I’m human, and I know we all die. It’s just I haven’t come to terms with it.

You mentioned vaping and smoking. Have you experimented with other delivery methods? I use oils as my main method, saving vaping for 'as required' and bedtime.
Oils are metabolized differently and tend to last longer in your system, and are very discreet to dose. I tend to load coffee, and sip on that through the day.

I know this sounds goofy, but I like the calming effect or “ritual” of vaping even though I don’t smoke - cigarettes that is. Never have. I do have some cbd oil that I take, but I honestly don’t know much about all or any methods other smoking or vaping. I love coffee and I have a morning ritual while making my cappuccino. If you want to send me a private message on how to go abouts your method, I’m totally listening.

For most parts yes. But if “life” really gets in my head it can over power the cannabis to the point that I need high thc to shut down. Talking about it always helps too. I’m not afraid to admit I’m human, and I know we all die. It’s just I haven’t come to terms with it.

I know this sounds goofy, but I like the calming effect or “ritual” of vaping even though I don’t smoke - cigarettes that is. Never have. I do have some cbd oil that I take, but I honestly don’t know much about all or any methods other smoking or vaping. I love coffee and I have a morning ritual while making my cappuccino. If you want to send me a private message on how to go abouts your method, I’m totally listening.
I smoked joints and quit cannabis in Europe!
I hate the taste for cigarettes and it was always mixed in cannabis so I drank wine and scotch instead and beer in Germany and England!
Espresso in France and Italy was my vice for 5 years!

Welcome to the site!
I have had my life turned upside down.
The old adage: “Misery love’s company”!

Rituals aren't goofy at all. Back in the day a friend used to handle his buds with tweezers and cut them up (for rolling, like I said this was back in the day) with tiny scissors. No grinder for him. And he never really touched the herb itself. He scooped with a card. He rolled on the inside top of an ornate wooden box. It had lips to contain loose bits.

When he was busy rolling he was oblivious to the world. His joints were wonderfully perfect.

I still see him once in a great while, like once every couple years. I wonder if he still has those rituals after having a family and whatnot. This was in the 70's. I don't even know if he still imbibes. But I bet he has rituals. Funny as precise as he was his nickname was mud, lol.

Rituals aren't goofy at all. Back in the day a friend used to handle his buds with tweezers and cut them up (for rolling, like I said this was back in the day) with tiny scissors. No grinder for him. And he never really touched the herb itself. He scooped with a card. He rolled on the inside top of an ornate wooden box. It had lips to contain loose bits.

When he was busy rolling he was oblivious to the world. His joints were wonderfully perfect.

I still see him once in a great while, like once every couple years. I wonder if he still has those rituals after having a family and whatnot. This was in the 70's. I don't even know if he still imbibes. But I bet he has rituals. Funny as precise as he was his nickname was mud, lol.
1970's 5 acreage of COLAS + LIVE Music = CIVILIZATION HAWAII STLE
CANNABIS = AMAZING

TRANSPARENTCY 2020

Last edited:
The 1968 version of me got high because it was fun, the 68 year old version of me still gets high because its fun. Like DB sang Time may change me but you can't trace time.
My cousin played bass with a band well known in la !
Music guitar was my thing.
Surfing because we had no video?

Colas without seed’s because we could!

Clark Gables son surfed very well!
CALIFORNIA was amazing once?
At least CANNABIS was free?
What have we done?

Last edited:
I didn’t appreciate the medical qualities of cannabis until I was old enough to experience the effects of NOT using it, back in my 50s.

Now I can appreciate it for the person I manifest *with* and *without* it: I can sum up the difference with two words - comfort and flexibility. Physically, mentally, emotionally; by myself, and in relationship to others. NO QUESTION which I prefer, and I will *always* choose it when the choice is available to me.

Today is vaping for a toothache day.
pri_41672450.jpg

I'm sure that my 5 Aleve at a time, twice a day for joint pain, will kill my liver eventually.
Cannabis use has really helped me do that a bit less.

Otherwise, I have adult ADHD, and the Cannabis helps to balance my focus out.

That's what I do.

Regardless, I'm nearing 40 and am poor, so I don't have healthcare...which means that I probably wont make it more than another 15 years or so anyway. Might as well do what I can along the way to be comfortable.

I'm sure that my 5 Aleve at a time, twice a day for joint pain, will kill my liver eventually.

That's what I do.

Regardless, I'm nearing 40 and am poor, so I don't have healthcare...which means that I probably wont make it more than another 15 years or so anyway. Might as well do what I can along the way to be comfortable.
My friend you R loved in a humanitarian way!
When I was healthy sports were my life!
Now 60 all I do is read 80% non-fiction the remainder fiction!

Got to learn something?
CANNABIS help’s me 2 get by?
We don’t know the day nor hour?

Welcome fellow earth wonder’r!
$1000 per month healthcare? (Suck’s)
+ we all have a different View Point? POV in text speak!
Maybe @Baron23 can chime in?

Last edited:

That's what I do.

With Aleve you have to watch your stomach. It's naproxen, so watch out for stomach pain, nausea, ringing in your ears, any rash. Alcohol not advised, as it increases chance of stomach bleeding. The good news is it rarely causes liver problems the way Tylenol ( acetaminophen) can. NEVER use higher than recommended dose of Tylenol, as it can cause liver damage with as few as 6 to 8 in 24 hours. Remember, there isn't a linear relationship between the number you take, and the amount of pain relief. It depends on mechanism of action. Aleve blocks prostaglandins necessary for pain transmission as well as fever and inflammation. Once that's done, which it is with regular dosage, then it can cause problems with the stomach, blood pressure, etc. Prostaglandins aren't all bad, and are needed for proper functioning of the body, so you don't even want to get rid of them all, even if you could. You don't want to lose the ability to fight off infection.
I'm sorry you are in pain, and hope it improves. You don't deserve to hurt.

*Remember, I'm not a doctor, I just play one on T.V.

Last edited:
Naproxen on it's own caused stomach bleeding for me. I added stomach protectors Ramapril and Pantoloc to the mix to try help, then switched to Vimovo, another form of Naproxen with added Esomaprazole Magnesium to help prevent stomach bleeds.

Currently I'm 100% Pharma-free, including OTC meds. It might not work for everyone, but there's hope for plant-based meds to reduce commercial pharmaceutical meds in anyones future...

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back