Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Sometimes the pain gets so bad no amount of cannabis will help. I just went in for a steroid shot to the knee. I've been in horrible pain since the first part of March. That damn osteoarthritis. I suppose eventually I will need some surgery. Not looking forward to that.

The doctor numbed my knee as well. The first time I haven't been hurting in months. The numbing will wear off tomorrow. I hope soon the steroid injection will kick in - like in a couple days. I've had them to the epidural space at the base of the spine. It was a godsend for my sciatica pain.

@CarolKing we seem to have many similar afflictions. My sciatica has flared up with all the driving back and forth to my cottage. Last night was the first time in a long time that cannabis wasn't enough and I was eyeing the pills I have locked away. Didn't succumb but man it was close.

Have you had an x-ray or MRI of that knee? Are they talking arthroscopic surgery or knee replacement?

@CarolKing we seem to have many similar afflictions. My sciatica has flared up with all the driving back and forth to my cottage. Last night was the first time in a long time that cannabis wasn't enough and I was eyeing the pills I have locked away. Didn't succumb but man it was close.

Have you had an x-ray or MRI of that knee? Are they talking arthroscopic surgery or knee replacement?
I had an X-ray of my knee a couple weeks ago. It's osteoarthritis. This came on in March right after I was done with radiation. I had a couple lumpectomies in Nov. then in Dec. during Jan. and Feb did 25 radiation treatments. A few months ago this was hard to talk about. I kept it mostly to myself. I told @momofthegoons. I want to blame the radiation for this because it came on so fast. It wasn't gradual.

It's feeling better since the steroid shot yesterday. I want to walk on the beach. I'm too young to be dependent on a cane. I'm 60 years old. It always reminds of the SNL skit. Sally O'Malley, but she was 50 years old.

If this doesn't work I will go into a orthopedist next. This is temporary, the shot. Eventually I may have to have knee replacement. I want to hold that off if I can. Not up for more surgeries for a while at least a year.

I walked a lot all through radiation. My knee pain came on almost overnight.

...just turned 65 last month ...my card is in mail...so I'm in club too...never really thought...I would ever live this long....
@CarolKing...I had knee replacement surgery for my right knee in 2008...I had osteoarthritis in it...along with no cartilage or ligaments...(I used to be a "athlete"...)...so know what you're dealing with...hamg in there....

I had an X-ray of my knee a couple weeks ago. It's osteoarthritis. This came on in March right after I was done with radiation. I had a couple lumpectomies in Nov. then in Dec. during Jan. and Feb did 25 radiation treatments. A few months ago this was hard to talk about. I kept it mostly to myself. I told @momofthegoons. I want to blame the radiation for this because it came on so fast. It wasn't gradual.
And as I told you then, I would agree. I had the same issue after chemo.

As long as your knee isn't bone on bone or causing your gate to change you should be able to manage your knee with injections. I remember my first go round it was a series of 3 injections. However, it wasn't a steroid. It was a shot called Hyalgen that worked real well for a while. You may want to look into it. The problem with cortisone (and other steroids) is that they eventually make the bones brittle.

Thank goodness it's not bone on bone yet. The knee cap didn't look too bad but I have bone spurring in the middle of my knee. It sure feels better than it did. I did use my cane today just out of precaution. Im hoping I can start walking the trials again real soon.

The pain has got me pretty down because I'm not able to do much. I'm hoping things are looking up now.

I have had arthroscopic surgery, and the aftermath was not good.
I had to leave shoulder immobilized for 16 weeks and attend therapy.....
all because arthroscopic surgery was the "thing" (this is a long while back.)
Due to the small size of the staples used when this is done in that manner, the staples came loose, and I had to go back.
Later in life I found an old fashioned doctor that did not mind doing the surgery wide open, the old fashioned way.
Huge scar......
rehab 3 weeks.
and no recurrence since. (an adult lifetime ago)

This is a really good documentary on medical cannabis. Per the Youtube info:

"
In this myth shattering, information packed documentary, learn from physicians and leading researchers about medicinal cannabis and its demonstrated affects on human health.
Topics include:

*What the consensus is from over 15000 scientific and medical trials
*What conditions have been proven to benefit from medical marijuana
*Its historical use as medicine dating back over 5300 years
*Methods of delivery and their different advantages
*Government sponsored studies intended to show Marijuana having negative effects that yielded the exact opposite results
*Common myths about negative effects of Marijuana and what the research really says about these topics

This game-changing movie presents the most comprehensive synopsis to date of the real science surrounding the world's most controversial plant.

Doctors:
Dr. Donald Tashkin
Dr. Donald Abrams
Dr. David Bearman
Dr. Robert Sterner

Executive Producer: James Schmachtenberger
Director & Producer: Lindsey Ward
Director of Photography: Troy Brajkovich"

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back