Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Why not use image hosting?

Surprised to see an old vacation pic of Notre Dame as the newest media, wonder why more don't use on-site image hosting.
Because they have to pay for storage??

Surprised to see an old vacation pic of Notre Dame as the newest media, wonder why more don't use on-site image hosting.
I've wondered myself lol...

I think it might be a combination of something 'new' and the fact that you can upload directly from your phone or computer into a post. I added the Media Gallery so that people could make galleries or libraries of their photos that they, or members, might refer back to. And there are some that don't feel comfortable uploading directly.

But the biggest reason I added the Media Gallery was the fact that the image hosting sites seem to be wanting to either censor or receive payment for image hosting. And I didn't want this site to be held hostage to that.

Because they have to pay for storage??
Not at all. I wouldn't have purchased the Media Gallery add on if I hadn't wanted it used; nor would I have purchased the size of server I did without thought of future growth. We are set for a good long time. And when/if the time comes that we need more storage? It will be addressed. :wink:

So please... feel free to use and enjoy.

So is it preferable to upload direct instead of imgbb moms?
It's totally up to you. However, should Imgur or Photobooth or any of the image hosting sites decide to blacklist us as they have FC, any images downloaded with that site will no longer be visible. Why take the chance? You have the option of directly uploading or using the Media gallery; which is an image hosting site unto itself within our site.

I upload directly where possible as the big bonus is the site hosts the image so there is little danger of it going MIA.

Where the image gallery will be of great benefit to the community will be for those who want to create galleries for say a growing season or some such endeavor.

Why is that dot there?
lmao... you hitting the dabs again this morning arb? :dog:

You must have somehow hit the bulleting format when you posted.

So how do I do that When I choose upload from device it errors out every time?
So wait; if I understand you correctly, when you choose the upload a file option for images you get an error? At what point? Are you allowed to choose a file? Does it happen when you try to post it? And does this happen with all images or just gifs?

And... is anyone else having this issue?

Not at all. I wouldn't have purchased the Media Gallery add on if I hadn't wanted it used; nor would I have purchased the size of server I did without thought of future growth. We are set for a good long time. And when/if the time comes that we need more storage? It will be addressed. :wink:

So please... feel free to use and enjoy.

Uh....Mom...I think we may be talking past each other here.....that comment was about sites that DO NOT host images themselves as you do....maybe one that starts with an F and ends with a C? haha

See what I'm saying? :cheers::smoke:

It should be as simple as click the upload file button next to the post reply button (1), select your file location & the file you want to load (2) then click open (3). I have had the occasional error but we are talking 1/100 times. It might be the file type but I have never had that issue loading an image.

tempsnip.png

Once you get it figured out @arb you too will fart rainbows

FB_IMG_1553496174413.jpg

Gives me a low memory error tag..........my garbage tablet?
Would you be able to do a screenshot and upload the error message in an image for me in pm? Using your usual image posting methods of course...
I'm curious to see if it's a software generated message or one from your tablet. That might help me help you. :biggrin:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back