Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Wine and Spirits

...wow...bourban..that's what my father drank...can't fuckin touch it...makes me think of Sinatra ,Martin,Davis....I can do brandy..vodka..or tequila..could never get into bourban or scotch...
..Charles Shaw wines...they used to sell at Trader Joe's in s.f....haven't been there in awhile...do my liquor runs at Costco..
I have WINE at 420 with a waterpipe + vaporizer = CIVILIZED
My wife loves wine so if I can par take of 420 why not?
@Baron23 @Kellya86 do you like wine?
Have U had WHITE RUSSIAN? SONOMA

SMART & FINAL = SUPER CHEAP

TRADER JOE'S year's ago "CHARLES SHAW" (two buck chuck)

@Baron23 @Kellya86 do you like wine?
Have U had WHITE RUSSIAN? SONOMA

Yes, I like red wines...white, not so much.

White Russian...did you mean Russian River Valley wine? If so, yes indeed. I like RRV Pinot Noirs a good bit. I like one from a vineyard called Sonoma-Cutrer. Their RRV Pinot is expensive but very good IMO.

Now, my former boss (she and I are still great friends) was definitely a Two Buck Chuck kind of gal! LOL

Yes, I like red wines...white, not so much.

White Russian...did you mean Russian River Valley wine? If so, yes indeed. I like RRV Pinot Noirs a good bit. I like one from a vineyard called Sonoma-Cutrer. Their RRV Pinot is expensive but very good IMO.

Now, my former boss (she and I are still great friends) was definitely a Two Buck Chuck kind of gal! LOL
I like RED with my wife.
WHITE I like when it's hot.

Russian River Valley I meant to write!
PINOT GRIGO for day time.

CABERNET, ZINFANDEL = My wife likes.
MERITGE up in NORTHERN CALIFONIA R very amazing. ( like FRANCE)

My PARENTS have a big cellar for a residence?

Check it out! Apparently you can now get a cannabis infused, non-alcoholic wine. I would absolutely love to try this. :cheers:

The world’s first cannabis-infused, alcohol-free wine is about to go on sale and yes, it gets you high

JQIQ3ey.jpg

The world has seen an influx of cannabis products over the years. Edibles-wise, we’ve had weed-infused coffee pods, hemp milk containing actual CBD oil, cannabis candy floss, pot-infused pumpkin spice chocolate and frozen pizzas you can buy ready-sprinkled with with your favourite, er, herb. Cannabis alcohol isn’t a new thing – the world has already been blessed with weed-infused beer and wine, but they either didn’t actually get you high, or made for a confusing time, thanks to the mix of alcohol. That’s all set to change though, thanks to the introduction of the world’s first, weed-infused, alcohol-removed wine. California’s Rebel Coast Winery will begin selling the cannabis sauvignon blanc in January 2018 when the state’s new cannabis industry regulations go into effect, meaning all adults can legally use the drug recreationally. This is quite the dreamy scene (Picture: Rebel Coast Winery) Each bottle contains 16 milligrams of THC (the psychoactive part of cannabis) per bottle, which works out at four milligrams per serving. California state laws allow up to 10 milligrams per serving. ‘Our goal is not to kill you after you’ve had a few glasses,’ Rebel Coast says on their website. ‘The goal is to get giggly and naked with someone. We set out to mimic the experience you’d find with traditional wine; a couple glasses will put most people in a great place. ‘Similar concept with booze–if you want to get wasted– rip some shots, if you want to get really stoned– take some dabs.’ The wine makers say your glass of sauv blanc will take about 15 minutes to get you high, and as the alcohol is removed, you won’t get that horrible hangover the next day. Result.

mr8RcHO.jpg

So, how’s it made? Rebel Coast takes grapes from California’s Sonoma County and ferments them as you would when making normal wine. After removing the alcohol, they infuse each bottle with organic THC as well as terpenes (the fragrant oils which give cannabis its distinctive smell), to ensure your wine has that comforting aroma you know and love. However, thanks to the fact there’ll be no smoke involved, you’ll leave the experience not smelling like a stoner, which will be music to the ears of those who like to get high on the sly. Importantly, what does it taste like? According to the winery, it will have bright citrus flavours and the crisp taste of a traditional glass of wine, without tasting strongly of weed. Delish. The bottles are pretty too (Picture: Rebel Coast Winery) Each bottle will set you back $59.99 (£44.70) so don’t go knocking your glass over. Californian residents aged 21 and older are now able to pre-order a bottle on the Rebel Coast Winery website, where orders will be fulfilled in Januay when the laws change. The winery are also planning on being stocked in over 500 dispensaries across California. They’re also keen on being sold in other states across the US that allow recreational cannabis use, in the future. The company plan on introducing a cannabis-infused rosé and a sparkling wine later in 2018. There will also be a line of CBD-infused wines which will have all the medicinal effects, without getting you high. Topically, despite being labelled a ‘gateway drug’ (gateway to what? A nice time and a nap?) by terrified mums the world over, weed has actually been found to be 114 less deadly than the world’s most consumed drug, alcohol. We’ll raise a glass of alcohol-free weed wine to that!

Check it out! Apparently you can now get a cannabis infused, non-alcoholic wine. I would absolutely love to try this. :cheers:

The world’s first cannabis-infused, alcohol-free wine is about to go on sale and yes, it gets you high

JQIQ3ey.jpg

The world has seen an influx of cannabis products over the years. Edibles-wise, we’ve had weed-infused coffee pods, hemp milk containing actual CBD oil, cannabis candy floss, pot-infused pumpkin spice chocolate and frozen pizzas you can buy ready-sprinkled with with your favourite, er, herb. Cannabis alcohol isn’t a new thing – the world has already been blessed with weed-infused beer and wine, but they either didn’t actually get you high, or made for a confusing time, thanks to the mix of alcohol. That’s all set to change though, thanks to the introduction of the world’s first, weed-infused, alcohol-removed wine. California’s Rebel Coast Winery will begin selling the cannabis sauvignon blanc in January 2018 when the state’s new cannabis industry regulations go into effect, meaning all adults can legally use the drug recreationally. This is quite the dreamy scene (Picture: Rebel Coast Winery) Each bottle contains 16 milligrams of THC (the psychoactive part of cannabis) per bottle, which works out at four milligrams per serving. California state laws allow up to 10 milligrams per serving. ‘Our goal is not to kill you after you’ve had a few glasses,’ Rebel Coast says on their website. ‘The goal is to get giggly and naked with someone. We set out to mimic the experience you’d find with traditional wine; a couple glasses will put most people in a great place. ‘Similar concept with booze–if you want to get wasted– rip some shots, if you want to get really stoned– take some dabs.’ The wine makers say your glass of sauv blanc will take about 15 minutes to get you high, and as the alcohol is removed, you won’t get that horrible hangover the next day. Result.

mr8RcHO.jpg

So, how’s it made? Rebel Coast takes grapes from California’s Sonoma County and ferments them as you would when making normal wine. After removing the alcohol, they infuse each bottle with organic THC as well as terpenes (the fragrant oils which give cannabis its distinctive smell), to ensure your wine has that comforting aroma you know and love. However, thanks to the fact there’ll be no smoke involved, you’ll leave the experience not smelling like a stoner, which will be music to the ears of those who like to get high on the sly. Importantly, what does it taste like? According to the winery, it will have bright citrus flavours and the crisp taste of a traditional glass of wine, without tasting strongly of weed. Delish. The bottles are pretty too (Picture: Rebel Coast Winery) Each bottle will set you back $59.99 (£44.70) so don’t go knocking your glass over. Californian residents aged 21 and older are now able to pre-order a bottle on the Rebel Coast Winery website, where orders will be fulfilled in Januay when the laws change. The winery are also planning on being stocked in over 500 dispensaries across California. They’re also keen on being sold in other states across the US that allow recreational cannabis use, in the future. The company plan on introducing a cannabis-infused rosé and a sparkling wine later in 2018. There will also be a line of CBD-infused wines which will have all the medicinal effects, without getting you high. Topically, despite being labelled a ‘gateway drug’ (gateway to what? A nice time and a nap?) by terrified mums the world over, weed has actually been found to be 114 less deadly than the world’s most consumed drug, alcohol. We’ll raise a glass of alcohol-free weed wine to that!
EVERYONE that consumes CANNABIS buy a case!

My husband was down in Ohio recently and stopped in at a little burger joint with his brother. Conversation started and they found out the owner is from Mexico. One thing led to another and they were offered a free shot of tequila over a bet. They commented that the tequila was smooth and the next thing they knew they each were given a bottle. Turns out the owner's family distills it.

So.. we pulled it out last night. And while it's a fairly good tequila I, upon agonizing reappraisal, feel it is not shot worthy. More of a high quality mixer.....

But someone had to take one for the team.... I should have known since it only had 2 'oros'... not 5. :lol:

IMG_3534.jpg

That would suit my purposes mom. I buy about one bottle of liquor a year, and it's for margaritas. Ussually cabo wabo or patron if I'm feeling flush.

I guess I don't understand canna wine. Why not your favorite wine and vape good herb? But on the other hand, earlier today I had a locally brewed, blood orange ale. I could have had a simple beer and a orange, lol.

Well... first it was wine. And now........

A Canadian company is making the ‘world’s first’ beer brewed entirely from cannabis

Toronto-based Province Brands has filed a technology patent for the production of a “beer” which it says will be the first in the world to be brewed entirely with cannabis rather than barley.

The so-called marijuana-powered beer — rather than the more common marijuana-infused beer — is alcohol-free, but is said to have a similar “dose-response curve” to alcohol, which means a similar power to intoxicate the drinker.

It is low calorie, low sugar and most of the company’s beers are gluten free.

In October last year, the Canadian government announced it will be legalising recreational cannabis in edibles and beverages from mid-2019.

Canada was the first country in the world to legalise medical marijuana use in 2001.

Earlier this year major alcohol brand Constellation bought a 10 percent stake in Canadian marijuana company Canopy Growth Corp for £141m.

The idea is to make cannabis-infused, alcohol-free drinks.

Province expects cannabis drinks as a concept will become more acceptable to the public and investors due to the backing of big corporates.

What was said:

Dooma Wendschuh, CEO of Province Brands, said:

The fact that the first Fortune 500 company to invest in the cannabis space was not a tobacco giant like so many had predicted but was, in fact, Constellation Brands, one of the largest and best run adult beverage businesses in the world, truly validates our efforts and proves the market for beverages like those Province has been brewing.

We have developed great-tasting beers, but we also have valuable intellectual property, incredible developments in the pipeline, and a world-class team with decades of combined experience in the adult beverage industry, and, importantly almost two years working together.

What this means:

The main aim of Province Brands in creating cannabis beer was to create a “safe and healthier alternative to alcohol”.

The company is at the forefront of a $1trn challenge to the established alcohol industry.

Colorado-based consultancy, Cannabiz Consumer Group, has estimated that legal cannabis in North America could cost the beer industry up to $2bn in retail sales – 27 percent of beer drinkers have already substituted pot for beer or would make the switch if weed became legal in their state.

The US cannabis industry was worth $6bn in 2016 and is forecast to reach $50bn by 2026.

Statistics Canada has revealed that Canadians consumed up to $5bn worth of cannabis in 2015, and is predicted by Deloitte to be worth $22bn in the next few years.

Background:

Province Brands began developing its marijuana-powered beer producing capacity from 2016, when Canada had legalised medicinal marijuana and when only eight US states had legalised its recreational use.

The company spent $75m of venture capital raised from its co-founders’ previous businesses on developing its production methods.

It filed a provisional patent in July 2017 for the world’s first beer from the cannabis plant.

Province Brands is now developing a second product to sober people up. This, Wendschuh claims, will get the high out of people’s systems in 30 minutes.

A recent report from the Cannabiz Consumer Group, a Colorado-based consultancy, estimates that legal cannabis in North America has the potential to cost the beer industry up to $2bn in retail sales.

Twenty-seven percent of beer drinkers, says the report, have already substituted pot for beer or would make that switch if weed became legal in their state.

In 2016, Canadians spent $22.1bn on alcohol — beer made up 41.5 percent of total alcohol sales.

I made a (okay, two) Corpse Reviver today. I may make another one tomorrow. I feel that my corpse may be in need of revival in the morning after drinking these.

I subbed the Patron Citron for Cointreau. The Patron has no tequila. It's riff on triple sec or Curacao. Cointreau is $30-40.00 here. The Patron is $20.00 and did a great job as a substitute.

pu06gRh.jpg

Bad news forthose of us that enjoy beer and wine. Bad news for those of us that enjoy food...

https://www.alternet.org/food/popul...ontaminated-monsantos-weedkiller-tests-reveal

In 2015, CBS news broke the announcement of a lawsuit against 31 brands of wines for high levels of inorganic arsenic. In 2016, beer testing in Germany also revealed residues of glyphosate in every single sample tested, even independent beers. Moms Across America released test results of 12 California wines that were all found to be positive for glyphosate in 2016. We tested further and released new findings last week of glyphosate in all of the most popular brands of wines in the world, the majority of which are from the U.S., and in batch test results in American beer.

What do these events all have in common? Monsanto's Roundup.

French molecular biologist Gilles-Éric Séralini released shocking findings in January of 2018 that of all the Roundup products they tested, over a dozen had high levels of arsenic—over five times the allowable limit along with dangerous levels of heavy metals.

Roundup is commonly sprayed in vineyards to keep the rows looking tidy and free of so-called weeds and on grain crops (used in beer) as a drying agent just before harvest. Glyphosate herbicides do not dry, wash or cook off, and they have been proven to be neurotoxic, carcinogenic, endocrine disruptors, and a cause of liver disease at very low levels.

The EPA is currently accepting comments until April 30, 2018, on the re-registration or denial of the license for glyphosate. Leave a comment, cite a scientific study found in this article, and protect grape growers and grain farmers too.

BD9 speaking here; Please file a comment with the EPA at the link provided above to get rid of Glyphosate/RoundUp. I did.

@BD9 ....makes me happy I drink wine from New Zealand..... :shakehead: However.....

it's in our food. It's in the damn rain according to the article sited. And when you look at the diseases that have occurred because of it, doesn't it make you wonder? I don't know about you but my feeling is that Monsanto and Big Pharma are in cahoots. One makes us sick and the other 'cures' us. Except that cure is another slippery slope. :disgust:

I've been drinking organic wine for years now, at least since I stopped beer altogether.
Probably still has arsenic from the water, but at least not from added glyphosate.
One I like that's reasonably-priced is frey's natural red, it's a blended table wine pretty dry around $10.
I's my go-to anyways, don't tell anybody or the price may go up :facepalm2:

I made my own wine for many years. I even had 3 small oak barrels for aging dry reds. But since I've been toking regularly my interest in wine dwindled, and stopped making it all together my last move. But I still have, I don't know, maybe 100+ bottles.

Glad I got out of it now, and I wonder if Monsanto screwed me too. I did make some fun wines to that I'm pretty sure we're ok. Like blueberry, ruhbarb, elderberry, cherry and other fruits that we grew ourselves or sourced locally.

The fun wines are long gone but I have wine from grapes from Cali and south America and kits from us grapes.

Btw I feed malted barley (ingredients for beer) to my mj plants........hhhmmmmmm

@BD9 ....makes me happy I drink wine from New Zealand..... :shakehead: However.....

it's in our food. It's in the damn rain according to the article sited. And when you look at the diseases that have occurred because of it, doesn't it make you wonder? I don't know about you but my feeling is that Monsanto and Big Pharma are in cahoots. One makes us sick and the other 'cures' us. Except that cure is another slippery slope. :disgust:

Yes, it's in our food. According to the article it can't be washed off.

I've been drinking organic wine for years now, at least since I stopped beer altogether.
Probably still has arsenic from the water, but at least not from added glyphosate.
One I like that's reasonably-priced is frey's natural red, it's a blended table wine pretty dry around $10.
I's my go-to anyways, don't tell anybody or the price may go up :facepalm2:

I have had the Frey and many other oraganic wines. They're pretty good. But, because of drift and rain glyphosate/roundup has been found in Peak Organic Beer as well as some organic wines.

I made my own wine for many years. I even had 3 small oak barrels for aging dry reds. But since I've been toking regularly my interest in wine dwindled, and stopped making it all together my last move. But I still have, I don't know, maybe 100+ bottles.

Glad I got out of it now, and I wonder if Monsanto screwed me too. I did make some fun wines to that I'm pretty sure we're ok. Like blueberry, ruhbarb, elderberry, cherry and other fruits that we grew ourselves or sourced locally.

The fun wines are long gone but I have wine from grapes from Cali and south America and kits from us grapes.

Btw I feed malted barley (ingredients for beer) to my mj plants........hhhmmmmmm

The rhubarb wine sounds delicious!
I've never tried to make to wine or beer but have always wanted to try.
The barley could be contaminated it's hard to tell without having it tested. If it's not killing your plants, you may be alright.

Anyone know the difference between Tennessee Whiskey and Kentucky bourbon ?
Thought this question belonged here....

From a quick Google search, I came up with this article that might explain....

Difference between Kentucky Bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey

Whiskey is one of the most complex liquors out there. Connoisseurs can detect various flavors and scents in a fine whiskey, such as sugar, smoke, and even hints of spice. In the USA, two varieties dominate the whiskey scene: Kentucky bourbon and Tennessee whiskey. Both types of whiskey are strictly defined by law and have differing flavor profiles that only experts can discern.

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 2.36.56 PM.jpg

Definitions
cws_583f91ce02a85.png

Jim Beam is a type of Kentucky bourbon
Many people say that all Kentucky bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon. Many urban legends say that this liquor’s spiritual home is Bourbon County, Kentucky, where early settlers of Scottish origin established the first distilleries. Other experts hold that the name came from Bourbon Street in New Orleans, which is a major port for the export of American whiskey.

Whatever its origin, the use of the word “bourbon” is strictly regulated by federal law. These laws include the following requirements:

• The whiskey must be made within the United States
  • During production, the grain mixture (mash) used must be at least 51% corn
  • Aging must take place in new charred oak barrels
  • Alcohol content should be no more than 80% by volume (160 proof)
  • Before it enters the barrel, the alcohol content should be no more than 62.5% by volume (125 proof)
  • Alcohol content when bottled should be no less than 40% alcohol by volume (80 proof)
In addition, manufacturers cannot add any flavor or other ingredients besides water (and this is only for the bottling process). Local distillers claim that Kentucky spring water passes through layers of limestone, which eliminates its iron content and gives Kentucky bourbon its unique flavor. The composition of the mash and the length of the aging process also determine the flavor of the finished product. For example, younger bourbons usually taste like cornbread or wheat flakes, while mature bourbons have faint hints of caramel.

cws_583f91d18c8fa.png

Jack Daniel’s is a variety of Tennessee whiskey
Tennessee whiskey has a similar production process to Kentucky bourbon and it contains the same amount of alcohol. However, international trade agreements state that only Tennessee distillers can produce whiskey marked as “Tennessee Whiskey.” Tennessee state laws take the requirements further by including one more step – all but one Tennessee whiskey distillers must filter the product through maple charcoal before it reaches the barrels. This step, experts say, produces a mellow, softer liquor.

Kentucky Bourbon vs Tennessee Whiskey
So what is the difference between Kentucky bourbon and Tennessee whiskey? While many argue that Kentucky bourbon and Tennessee whiskey are different only in name, different legal requirements and production processes lead to different products. Here are some of their differences:

Point of Origin
While bourbon can be made anywhere within the United States, “Kentucky bourbon” can come only from the state of Kentucky. In the same way, Tennessee whiskey must be made in Tennessee. Thus, Kentucky bourbon and Tennessee whiskey have different points of origin.

Manufacturing Process
Kentucky bourbon and Tennessee whiskey have similar production processes. Both require aging in new charred barrels. Distillers also adhere to the same levels of alcohol content, from distillation to aging to bottling. However, Tennessee whiskey requires filtration through sugar maple charcoal prior to aging in the barrel, when Kentucky bourbon does not.

Flavor
Because of the differences in the composition of the mash and the length of the aging process, there is a lot of variation among whiskeys or bourbons of the same variety. Generally speaking, however, liquor tasters claim that Kentucky bourbon has a stronger flavor, while Tennessee whiskey is more mellow.

So hopefully that explains it for you. Unless this was a trick question in which case......

giphy-16.gif

Thought this question belonged here....

From a quick Google search, I came up with this article that might explain....

Difference between Kentucky Bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey

Whiskey is one of the most complex liquors out there. Connoisseurs can detect various flavors and scents in a fine whiskey, such as sugar, smoke, and even hints of spice. In the USA, two varieties dominate the whiskey scene: Kentucky bourbon and Tennessee whiskey. Both types of whiskey are strictly defined by law and have differing flavor profiles that only experts can discern.

View attachment 6378
Definitions

cws_583f91ce02a85.png

Jim Beam is a type of Kentucky bourbon
Many people say that all Kentucky bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon. Many urban legends say that this liquor’s spiritual home is Bourbon County, Kentucky, where early settlers of Scottish origin established the first distilleries. Other experts hold that the name came from Bourbon Street in New Orleans, which is a major port for the export of American whiskey.

Whatever its origin, the use of the word “bourbon” is strictly regulated by federal law. These laws include the following requirements:

• The whiskey must be made within the United States
    • During production, the grain mixture (mash) used must be at least 51% corn
    • Aging must take place in new charred oak barrels
    • Alcohol content should be no more than 80% by volume (160 proof)
    • Before it enters the barrel, the alcohol content should be no more than 62.5% by volume (125 proof)
    • Alcohol content when bottled should be no less than 40% alcohol by volume (80 proof)
In addition, manufacturers cannot add any flavor or other ingredients besides water (and this is only for the bottling process). Local distillers claim that Kentucky spring water passes through layers of limestone, which eliminates its iron content and gives Kentucky bourbon its unique flavor. The composition of the mash and the length of the aging process also determine the flavor of the finished product. For example, younger bourbons usually taste like cornbread or wheat flakes, while mature bourbons have faint hints of caramel

Flavor
Because of the differences in the composition of the mash and the length of the aging process, there is a lot of variation among whiskeys or bourbons of the same variety. Generally speaking, however, liquor tasters claim that Kentucky bourbon has a stronger flavor, while Tennessee whiskey is more mellow.

View attachment 6379
JACK is so tasty 2-me?

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back