Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Wine and Spirits

BD9

Leaf Dawg
Post here all of you favorite wine, spirits and cocktail recipes. Pictures are a plus but not necessary.

Dirty Paloma

1 or 2 ounces (I use 2) Tequila I use Olmeca Altos Plata (Silver)
1 ounce simple syrup infused with grapefruit peel and half a jalapeno (I remove the ribs and seeds)
3 ounces fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, (can substitute fresh with a good grapefruit juice like Uncle Matt's Organic)
1 light squeeze or rim glass with lime. I do both.
1 splash of good quality club soda. I use Q Club.
Garnish with slices of jalapeno and small lime wedge.

bDFhJXSl.jpg

...sterling chardonnay...Hess select Chardonnay ..Rodney strong chardonnay..Kendall Jackson..cupcake..la crema...
...love my wines...hey...I was born in Harlem..

...don't mind Sauvignon blancs as a "change of pace"...but my heart rises with Chardonnay ..

...sterling chardonnay...Hess select Chardonnay ..Rodney strong chardonnay..Kendall Jackson..cupcake..la crema...
...love my wines...hey...I was born in Harlem..

Sterling Merlot was my first 'adult' wine. T.J. Swan and Boone's Farm wines helped me get through high school. :biggrin:
Hess is a very good Chardonnay. I've been drinking Macmurray chard while we've had some warm days here. It's a well blended mix of both butter and oak. Not a fan of over buttered chards like Rombauer.

I have an affinity for New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs although there's one out of California called Pomelo that I love. Wonderful citrus overtones.

Decoy Sauvignon Blanc is very good. It's a good starter Sauvignon Blanc. Not as funky and earthy, which I like, like some of the New Zealand Sauv Blancs.
Love Block, which is Kim Crawford is a very good Sauv Blanc. Kim Crawford has nothing to do with Kim Crawford wines anymore. Also Round Pond and Starmont are my favorites.

I like wine. This is what I do. I'm a wine and spirits consultant at a local liquor store.

Some of favorite my wines are made by Charles Smith. He has a few different labels and most are at, or under $15.00! His chardonnay is not good though.

I don't know if I burned out on Chardonnay or what... but I just don't like it anymore. Too 'round' and oaky tasting; as a rule. I prefer a much crisper white.

And then there's Retsina.... That stuff is something I adore. Either you love it or you think it tastes like turpentine. :tongue: But I think it compliments Greek food perfectly.

For wines I really enjoy Tempranillo. It reminded me of why I love reds in the first place . . . :smile:

I love the back label on this one as it reads like a science report . . .

Speaking of Greek, if I'm not drinking vodka straight out of the freezer sometimes I like Ouzo . . . straight out of the freezer . . . :biggrin:

I don't mind a good wine with a meal, but I much prefer a tot of whisky or a refreshing G&T or margarita to relax with.

Here a few of my favourite go-to single malts:

Dalmore_Cigar_Malt_Reserve_1_0_Liter_11878.jpg
5f88bc8ce21b49bb46f0df31f168c8ab.jpg

large-Dalwhinnie%2015%20Year.jpg

Has anyone here tried this yet:

gfdob.non43.jpg

I'm really curious to taste it..... but haven't seen it at any bars yet.

:cheers:

Can't drink wine, the moment I do my ears and cheeks flare up, they get hot, itchy and hurt. Then things travel south from there.

I did however get into Scotch Whiskey for a couple of years before I had to stop again due to sensitivity issues.

I'm a Speyside kinda guy, less peaty and lighter than the Islay's. However there is one Islay that I'd totally recommend... Bunnahabhain 12 year...pronounced 'bun-a-hav-in':

bunob.12yov3.jpg

There is only a hint of that classic Islay peat but tons of depth with hints of caramel, seasalt and oranges. Really it's just fekkin easy to drink and doesn't require a trust fund to buy.

Hmmm this thread is a liability, must resist desire to purchase a bottle...

I don't mind a good wine with a meal, but I much prefer a tot of whisky or a refreshing G&T or margarita to relax with.

Here a few of my favourite go-to single malts:

Dalmore_Cigar_Malt_Reserve_1_0_Liter_11878.jpg
5f88bc8ce21b49bb46f0df31f168c8ab.jpg

large-Dalwhinnie%2015%20Year.jpg

Has anyone here tried this yet:

gfdob.non43.jpg

I'm really curious to taste it..... but haven't seen it at any bars yet.

:cheers:

That Dalmore is also delectable.

The Dalwhinnie was my Grandmother's favourite, always reminds me of her. I've been to the distillery, nice tour actually, also visited Auchentoshan, highly recommend a trip to Scotland, amazing place.

I really like the Bunnahabhain too @GreenHopper :cheers: .... and Auchentoshan Three Wood is also very, very good! I'd love to tour some of the distilleries in Scotland.... what a great trip that would be! Isn't the Dalwhinnie distillery the highest above sea level?

My go-to's on the peaty side of things (at the moment anyhow) are Talisker and Jura Superstition.

..... and as far as bourbons go, these are what I have stocked up:

hudson-baby-bourbon-whiskey.jpg

blantons-bourbon-neat-small.jpg

Yum - a night cap is in order me thinks :biggrin:

I really like the Bunnahabhain too @GreenHopper :cheers: .... and Auchentoshan Three Wood is also very, very good! I'd love to tour some of the distilleries in Scotland.... what a great trip that would be! Isn't the Dalwhinnie distillery the highest above sea level?

My go-to's on the peaty side of things (at the moment anyhow) are Talisker and Jura Superstition.

..... and as far as bourbons go, these are what I have stocked up:

hudson-baby-bourbon-whiskey.jpg

blantons-bourbon-neat-small.jpg

Yum - a night cap is in order me thinks :biggrin:

"Come to Dalwhinnie Distillery and elevate your senses in the highest distillery in the land." - Dalwhinnie Website <-- I didn't actually know this, guess there may have been a reason my memory was a little hazy on that trip, BTW my brother was the one doing all the driving :wink:

If you like peaty then Lagavulin is very peaty.

Ardbeg also has a reputation for being very peaty but I've never opened my bottle as it's a little special.

One @t-dub would like, not for drinking though:

abgob.1999v1.jpg

ARDBEG 1999 GALILEO

"One of 2012's most hotly-anticipated releases, Ardbeg Galileo is made up from casks distilled in 1999, some of which spent their full term of maturation in casks that previously held Marsala wine, imparting sweet tropical fruit flavours to the mix. Galileo's concept is in celebration of the well-publicised experiment whereby small quantities of Ardbeg were sent into space at the end of 2011 to see how they mature in zero gravity or something."

SPACE SCOTCH... the finest in the solar system :rofl:

Many folk can't drink Tequila due to binge drinking it as young adolescents. For me that's Bourbon, we went through a period of binge drinking Southern Comfort, Woodford Reserve and of course JD, many stoopid nights spent doing many stoopid things that we all blame on Jack :wink:

Wow! I don't know where to start.

Retsina?! Someone has an experimental palate. Haven't had it in a while but I remember citrus, salt and pine. Hmm. May have to go back for another taste. Explains why you like Campari.

I love Spanish wines. You can get a damn good Tempranillo/Rioja for under $15.00. I mean like a 90 point wine.

I just finished a bottle of Ardbeg 10 yr old Scotch. It was like a campfire made of the sea in a glass. Delicious.

I agree Bunnahabhain is very good. I have had few different bottlings and liked them all.

I'm on a rye kick lately. Michter's is one my favorites.

...wow...bourban..that's what my father drank...can't fuckin touch it...makes me think of Sinatra ,Martin,Davis....I can do brandy..vodka..or tequila..could never get into bourban or scotch...
..Charles Shaw wines...they used to sell at Trader Joe's in s.f....haven't been there in awhile...do my liquor runs at Costco..

People take one look at me and they seem to know I drink. Not sure why or how...

Craft beer and cocktails tend to be my weapon of choice.

Mornings? Well, I like to do the classic Harvey Wallbanger or Bloody Mary - though you really have to make your own tomato vodka for it. Maybe a Seabreeze or a Greyhound or an Orange Crush or a Sunstroke or a Tequila Sunrise or Screwdriver. Oatmeal porter or coffee stout or maybe just a light lager. Breakfast is the most important drink of the day.

My favorite breakfast drink is one I invented, or so I think. If I didn't, I have no problem stealing it. I call it a "Kentucky Breakfast." It's one oz. Buffalo Trace Bourbon, 1 oz. Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream, and 1 oz. Kahlua. Rocks glass, add ice, pour, stir.

But hell, just pour me a shot of maple syrup bourbon and I'll be a man so temporarily distracted from the quiet misery of my life that I'll actually confuse it for happiness. Temporarily.

For nighttime sipping, I like Blanton's single barrel bourbon. Or Glenfiddich 18 Scotch. Monkey Shoulder and Dimple Pinch will work in a ... pinch. That Yellow Dot Irish Whiskey is nice too.

Lately I've been enjoying Bourbon Stilletos and apple brandy Sidecars in the evening.

At sleepy time, I love a good Hot Toddy (made with "Apple Pie" moonshine and Jack Daniel's Honey Whiskey) and my own style of hot cocoa, which features Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream, Jack Daniel's Honey Whiskey, and Kahlua and fresh mint, and more!

I would keep typing, but..... fucking hell, I need a bloody drink! :dog:

....tip of my cap guys...that's some serious stuff.:smile:

Explains why you like Campari.
You sir, have an excellent memory lmao...

Be careful which Retsina you buy (which I probably don't have to tell you). Some of them have a real funky tone.. sort of like they're spoiled. This is a real nice one... ice cold.

Cy7hkNU.jpg

People take one look at me and they seem to know I drink. Not sure why or how...

I just had my bevy (which happens to be Tulsi tea at the moment) come out of my nose with that one. Landromat.. and here I always thought you were a bartender.

I just had my bevy (which happens to be Tulsi tea at the moment) come out of my nose with that one. Landromat.. and here I always thought you were a bartender.

Used to be. But.... you know.... shit happens. Closest I get to being a bartender these days is vomiting on one!

But tomorrow is another day! :rofl2:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back