Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

Hello and good morning everyone, am up earlier than normal got a lot to do before Friday evening. My girl asked me to do something for the wedding, we are lighting the unity candles and she asked me if I could do stands for them. I did some googling and found an idea for live edge log shorts as stands. Very neat, I had gotten several small limbs from a cedar tree that were trimmed up from our church at clean up day a couple weeks back so thought it would be fitting to do the candle holders from it. Got some hemp twine and wooden hearts that we are tying around the candles with our initials on em, very cool. I did the tough stuff and now my gal is doing the pretty stuff to em, I will snap a pic of em and try to post next time or so. My 13 year old turned a really neat wooden pen for the guest book that has a gold cross clip, going to give it to our pastor when its over.

HRoacWS.jpg

Took a little time the other day and decided my youngest is big enough to turn so had him on the big lathe, its easier to slow down and keep him safe. Had his face shield on and had him standing on a block to give him a little more height. This is his first piece

XBQLvF5.jpg

Not bad for a 9 year old right!

Ive been turning myself, made some great pieces and even lost a soon to be stunner

hCSHBu0.jpg

This was Flame Box Elder Burl, had some great reds in it and tight burl eyes. All was going great and then the jaws of the chuck loosened themselves a little giving the piece a wobble and thats all it took, broke right at the valley, ughhhhh so not cool. I was so not happy, rather than it go to waste, even in this form it still brought joy to Major and Daly lol

Nlo6shE.jpg

They must have really enjoyed those pieces as I havent seen any remnants anywhere in the yard. Turned a few burls as well.

KsbJbnH.jpg

Did this piece as a one off, going to swap some work for work. Going to have an amazing unit made custom for me that I will post up later. Have been reworking a relationship with a guy here, am glad we are doing so!

CaTulVc.jpg

Below is a Camphor Burl piece I did, I only had 3, the first one I posted a bit back got snatched up quick, the second one I believe I posted I still have, this one also got got just as quickly. A great guy I have known for a while wanted something a bit more special and when he saw it was all over it. Its posted in the line up of the 4 burls above

YTVRroi.jpg

Really love the tight red eyes and red tones in this piece. Gotta try and find more of this species.

Even turned another Bog Oak WoodScents for a guy. Got a block just large enough to make the unit/stem/WPA from, a complete set for sure

gydAmoK.jpg

Have been really enjoying my time in the shop. Gosh I gotta get moving, time is slipping away from me, got wood work to do, wedding stuff to do, uhhhh hmmm sure there is something else I am forgetting before today is over. My BF is coming by I havent been able to do any time with him in over a year, we spoke yesterday he is grabbing a couple steaks and coming by tonight, will be fun! Yall take care and will be in touch!

I did some googling and found an idea for live edge log shorts as stands.
These sound really cool Ed. And it's really fitting that there would be woodwork of yours in some way at your ceremony. How neat.

Not bad for a 9 year old right!
He did a great job! I have a feeling that all of your boys are going to have a love for wood turning. They've watched their dad making beautiful things out of wood for years. And the two oldest are already into it... it's only natural the youngest would want 'in' as well. :lol:

That pen is sweet...... and it reminds me that I forgot to have you tell him that the guys I gave the two he made for me (last Christmas) loved them. I may have another order for him.... tell him to put on his thinking cap for something a little bit 'girly.' My daughter is a writer and I was thinking of getting her one for the times she's just jotting some notes.

All the best to you and 'your girl' Ed. You've waited a long time for the right gal to come along. I couldn't be happier for you.

That Camphor Burl is an absolute cracker Ed :shocked:. Just smashed my first two stems after a fortnight away from my beloved WS & it was so worth the wait. Using another log the last two weeks has given me a new appreciation of the WS.

Good luck with the final days of singledom Ed :cheers:. Good times are coming mate.

Congratulations is in order I hear @Ed's TnT 's wedding day was yesterday. Many happy years a head I'm sure. It will kinda be like the "Brady Bunch" some weeks in your household - filled with fun, love and excitement. You deserve the best in life.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, wow wedding went great! My girls family made it down and got to meet some I hadnt yet. Not a big wedding by any means went smooth for the most part, what wedding would it be without a couple hiccups. Had some laughs as a result, am such a happy man now!

We didn't have a whole lot of cash to invest in the wedding bands we looked at a while back. Thanks @Mr. Me2 for thinking bout us back then. We picked a couple nice simple white gold. The place where we got em said buy em now pay tomorrows price tonight and come back tomorrow to pick them up. Knocked off $100, how bout that! So gave it to my oldest since my 3 boys were my best man and groomsman. I hadnt thought to take the ring out of the box told my son to either keep it in the box or take it out which ever he felt comfortable with and not misplace it, he left it in the box. When it came time to get the ring during the ceremony he takes it out of the box and theres a price tag stuck to it wrapped around not coming off lol. We all got a laugh from that and I slid it on her finger with the tag hanging. Was later at the reception we snipped it off. We didnt go anywhere for the honeymoon, stayed near. Did go to the fair in the city had great fair food rode a ride or two and won her a big stuffed rainbow raccoon. We just had a great time enjoying it with each other for a few days. Got some house hunting done with no luck, seems house hunting is very similar to my normal hunting. Sometimes you get lucky most of the time you dont.

Did some turning the last couple of days. Would you believe this specie is the most undesirable species I offer. I finally sold one after all this time.

California Redwood Burl WoodScents

cAxCMNu.jpg

Ive always liked working this wood.

85tqStw.jpg

Worked up another Buckeye. This piece had a void in opposite sides where you could see through the upper body. Had these big white eyes.

rlv5QEw.jpg

See that dark WPA, I dont think I have ever turned a piece in BE that was that dark. Yall know I dig a contrast!

Did another species I hadnt yet, West African Zebrawood

JRpplBB.jpg

vNvsnIP.jpg

Canarywood

1HiTFDC.jpg

9RwZwa1.jpg

Goncalo Alves

0VevZmD.jpg

xLYHURt.jpg

Really enjoy turning these latest species. The Goncalo is such a super dense wood, had to bore it slow. The finish is super sleek, I love when the feel is glass like and has that sheen.

Woot woot got a brand new blade for my chain saw a day or so ago. Had a bday bonfire for my youngest last night. Was a good time had!

@momofthegoons Wow they did look great, I gotta dig for the pic of them. My pastor loved the cross pen when it was over we gave it to him and he was surprised how well he had done on it. I will surely tell him they loved his pens, he will get a smile out of that for sure. He sold his last 3 remaining chicken from 4H yesterday at the auction, all hens and got $22 each. No other chicken sold for that much he is so stinking excited he finally has enough money to buy the kayak he has been wanting, talk about excited! Yes its cool to see they all 3 know how to turn, yesterday my girls son asked if he could get some turning in, he is 10. Told him that would be fine as soon as we have some time Ill get him on a lathe. I really enjoy watching them and seeing them learn this. Its a dying art, we have several good turners in this industry but overall out there isnt a bunch of em doing it. So much of it is done by machine not by hand, thats where it looses it soul and just becomes a piece of wood. Thanks so much for the congrats, you have known me for a long long time, you know how thankful I am to have my wife finally to spend and share all the days ahead! I appreciate you!

@Stevenski wow the Camphor is a special species, I so gotta try and find more. I only have one set left, my last guy to get it just text me this morning saying its been a long time since he was that captivated by a piece and never has he been so much as he is now with his Camphor WS! He is selling off his others and putting it at the top in position. He and I have known each other for a while, would hit him up with new stuff here and there and told me that he would know the piece that he was supposed to have when he saw it. I showed him that line up of the 4 burls and he knew it then it was Camphor. He hasnt told his gal just yet as he needs to lighten the load somewhat first lol but he is in love with it! I am glad you are back to ripping the WS, thanks for the wishes!

@CarolKing Thanks so much my lady, I appreciate you thinking of us! Last night my girl was just very happy with all the kids enjoying time together at the fire and playing running around laughing and just having a good time. Even after we came inside the boys were playing battleship and her daughter was hanging with us I could tell she was just at ease, with a peace and happiness that was felt so strongly inside me. I am eager to see the future and watch the kids relationships grow and get closer. Thanks again!

BTW @Aezhenn just got me some sweet new VC Storage tubes from Amboyna and others, heres a quick pic gotta get them loaded and available

9nP3Qmm.jpg

Great job Bro!

Gotta get the wife and kids up they gotta be back in the city for the day. Its so nice to say wife now after a year of thinking bout it and dreaming how great it would be. Hmmm I love her!

am such a happy man now!
Finally. You've been happy... but not complete. And now you are. You and I have had many a long talk about life and love. I'm so thrilled that you have finally found your love in life. Congratulations and many, many happy years ahead.

I really enjoy watching them and seeing them learn this. Its a dying art, we have several good turners in this industry but overall out there isnt a bunch of em doing it.
Lol... you know Ed, you may have found your 'clones' here.... :lol:

In all seriousness, it's great to see kids take an interest in an old craft like woodworking. It's such a satisfying thing to do; even as a hobby. And along with the knowledge of how to turn wood, it's teaching them skills they can use in real life.... like patience. :biggrin:

Really enjoy turning these latest species. The Goncalo is such a super dense wood, had to bore it slow. The finish is super sleek, I love when the feel is glass like and has that sheen.
Reminds me a little of Cocobolo.... the way it finished. Very nice!

When it came time to get the ring during the ceremony he takes it out of the box and theres a price tag stuck to it wrapped around not coming off lol.

That is the kind of shit you keep on reserve for bringing up in his 21st speech :smile:. Congratulations for everything going off without a hitch on the big day bro.

I can't believe that redwood burl has not been moving. The kind of subtle wood that would look 100 times better in the flesh than a photo can do justice. Zebrawood looks sick but that goncalo alves is the shit. Well over six months but I cannot get over how good the heater is after using my UD for a couple weeks when I was away. Such a big difference.

@StevenskiHe and I have known each other for a while, would hit him up with new stuff here and there and told me that he would know the piece that he was supposed to have when he saw it.

I know someone else that happened to when they saw the blank...... When you know, you just know :biggrin:.

Good morning everyone, just got home after a couple days away at 4H training again. I am certified as a shotgun range officer/instructor now as well as being an air/.22 pistol officer/instructor. Gosh I love doing this for the kids and going through the training. Its such a joy to be able to be a part of this activity with my kids as well as others in our program. As I said before there is a lot of kids that dont play sports, maybe they are just too small for football and maybe not the best on the baseball field but can and do enjoy mastering the skills at marksmanship. Just what was said again at training yesterday, when you are on the range and with a kid that has never shot before, after going over with them how and what they are supposed to do when shooting an air rifle the first thing they shoot at is a blank target. No bullseye or spot is on the target its just a blank piece of paper when they shoot at it. As an instructor you dont look at the target when they shoot you look at the child to see the excitement of just hitting the paper. It doesnt matter where on the paper they shot its just that they hit the paper and seeing them recognize they did it, the smile they wear and the enthusiasm to do it again. Wow it only gets better after that!

Not sure if I told you all or not, my middle son had the big state chicken showing, he didnt win and was disappointed but didnt let that discourage him. He sold his chickens afterwards making about $120. Now he is very excited and is anxious to do it again. He has enough money now to buy a kayak he has been wanting for a long time now. He took his chickens to a live stock auction with his grandfather. It was mostly a chicken auction. They said all the chickens were selling for almost nothing but when his came up the auctioneer said they were some of the best there and were 4H chickens, he sold some in pairs of rooster/hen and just hens alone. People started bidding and would you believe he got $22 each for just a hen alone. Nobody there got anywhere close to that kinda money for one.

My wife went with me again for this training and is always great having her by my side. I know we are newlyweds still and have been together for a little over a year now but I dont like being apart from her and her away from me. I know that wasnt always the case in my first marriage, and hope this never changes in my marriage now. My wife is such a blessing to me. She is near me always when we are together. If I am in the shop working wood she is there as well. She is always wanting to help and pitch in and if there isnt anything she can do she is cross stitching on a chair there in the shop. I love turning a beautiful piece and yanking it out of the lathe to walk over and show her how nice it is afterwards. She says wow babe that is beautiful and gosh you are really talented. I say thank you and no I am not. I am just doing what I do and love what I do is all. I am thankful to be able to do what I do and hope I am able to do it the rest of my life.

Have been spinning more WS and got alot going on, did this stunner Cocobolo piece

uQhe4xq.jpg

NHv0Val.jpg

Iq4Ad5U.jpg

6SOv32n.jpg

This piece is so vibrant, the grain is distinct with much contrast. Ohhh how I love Cocobolo!!!

Also got a live edge Amboyna WS Stem stand in, this is a beautiful piece done by @Aezhenn if anyone is interested its available at my site with more to come soon!

LtCXIvr.jpg

@momofthegoons Yes Ma'am am complete now and oh so thankful, thank you for your support and friendship through all, you are a solid rock in my life! Lol youre right, its fun to see them enjoy turning and see the pieces they turn sit in their rooms on their dressers or desks, very cool! Time will tell what they make of this hobby. That Goncalo is nice but the Cocobolo posted above it super sweet, you know why its one of my most favorite species to work. Hope all is well up your way, like the Halloween decorations you posted on IG. Hope you have a bunch of candy for the kids!

@Stevenski Lol bro, oh you know i have some stories for that moment! Thanks for the congrats most grateful my man! You know you right, some woods just cant show the beauty in the pics, Glad you like all else you saw and yes you are right, when you know you know, its the one! Keep on rocking that beast and blowing those clouds, I appreciate you!

@UN~YAH Many thanks to you as well bro!

A little tip/trick for those who use your Woodscent with condensers. I noticed it was getting "reclaimed up" so after using the wpa I twist off the cap and ran a dry organic qtip through the condenser(still warm) and got a huge poop of reclaim out the other end. Condenser is clean and I have some goodies that will be put to good use.

** Normally I would run a qtip with iso. I found running the qtip dry thru the condenser that is still warm gets you the goods with literally no effort and you can use it right away since no iso has to evaporate off

Good morning everyone, wow have had some great days past, been busy as usual. Have been adding to my family, was getting an oil change last week and a small black kitten came walking up, I had a look at him saw hes a boy and the guy says he needs a home, lucky for the kitten he was a boy cat, so needless to say I adopted a new member

This is Mr. Whitey Biscuits

cVONrRF.jpg

Got to thinking about a hard name for him and was thinking about Mr wolf, thought if you needed a cleaner you would want to call Mr. Biscuits lol! Hes a great cat and is already finding the bench in the shop to be a nice place to chill and take cat naps. Major and Daly are making friends, they are still on the fence about him but I feel are coming around. Seems Mr. Biscuits is holding his own like a tough guy does. So I mentioned my wife and I went to the Dr last week, as it turns out Mr. Biscuits isnt the only addition to the family

47tr4AC.jpg

This Wednesday she will be 9 weeks along. We are both very excited and a little nervous as well being as how there isnt as much spring in our chickens like there once was. We so gotta find a house, between the 2 of us will be 6 kids, wow thats a bunch! Keep us in your thoughts and prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy pls!

Was doing some digging through my wood stock/stash and found a log @Rick sent me a long time back. Made a Zap inspired WS, its just under the standard Zap OD and just a bit under the standard height, is made from Myrtlewood. This piece slicked out really well!

QV4462E.jpg

Gotta give Rick a big thanks for the inspiration he gave me long long ago and the help in the beginning when I got into the vape industry, much has changed since then but all has been good!

mq9NhFF.jpg

If anyone wants this piece pls let me know. Will be a neat throwback piece for sure! I have a couple other blanks from that log that have serious live edge bark on em that will turn into WS bodies soon!

Took this chunk and turned a stellar cosmic piece

5pzZqHS.jpg

Its so stinking hard to take pics and show the true beauty of the piece. I dont think I have ever turned a piece of BE that has a red/purple hue to it, omgosh this piece has a big big knot in it that looks like a planet in a cosmic galaxy almost its a freaking stunning piece

bcVoWuQ.jpg

zlnyNB3.jpg

Even have a matching stem with the same hue in it, RRRRR its mesmerizing.

@elykpeace Like @momofthegoons mentioned great tip bro, good thinking!

@momofthegoons Hope all is well my lady!

So I mentioned my wife and I went to the Dr last week, as it turns out Mr. Biscuits isnt the only addition to the family
You know Ed..... they know what causes this now... :dog: So we're public with this now huh? :biggrin: Well then I can finally say congratulations!!! Holy cow Ed.. you're gonna be like the Brady Bunch over there. Such exciting times for you.. I'm thrilled for you. And can honestly say that in the whole time I've known you; I've never known you to be this happy.

Those myrtle pieces really took me back.... back to the Zapville days with Rick and Pat. It's been a while since I got in contact with them. I just might have to shoot them an email and see how they're faring. I know it would tickle Rick to know you're finally making log vapes and with his wood no less!

So I mentioned my wife and I went to the Dr last week, as it turns out Mr. Biscuits isnt the only addition to the family

Thats awesome news Ed. Told you the best was to come bro!

Hey hey, good afternoon, wanted to post up and do some show and tell. I got my last batch of heaters in, trying something different. Wanted to push the limits of the WS even more.

zBgOh21.jpg

Also did another piece from the Myrtle log I got from @Rick

I had more live edge bark but sanding it yeah took off more than I wanted. Still going to bench test it, if it holds together then its available.

n5gTzV4.jpg

I call it the Jeckle and Hyde piece

qugc3uA.jpg

Of course you can stick your finger inside it when its assembled and running but that doesnt mean you should.

VapDC26.jpg

Thats the great thing about the WS, making pieces possible everyday!

Mr. Biscuits is making a home here, hes getting along well with Major and Daly. Hes all over the shop, hes been getting awful close to the lathe when turning so not cool.

PjLK8pE.jpg

Hes not a little kitten but not a full grown cat yet, he still likes to play and have much fun. Ill get busy standing at the bench and if I dont pet him hes jumping on my chest on my should, ohhh I am going to pet him then.

Omgosh @momofthegoons I am so happy and thankful, thankful to know how great life is and to show love to so many that love me! Zapville days seem like so long ago, much has changed since then. I bet that would tickle Rick, hes a good guy with a big heart. I hope all is well your way and wish you a great weekend!

@elykpeace Thanks bro and you are right, its diapers again lol. I am a pro at that though, got pretty big hands its easy to get that done. We are sure growing, thanks again and take care!

@Vitolo hey hey my man, thanks so much for the congrats and pls tell Patty I said the same. You know you are right, not just in family but friends like you all here, blessing all around, thanks!

@Aezhenn Wow bro, you know it. So looking forward to the years ahead! Thanks for all you do bro, I am anxious to see what you got turning woot woot!

@Stevenski Thanks, yes sir you did! I hope you are doing well down there, enjoy your weekend!

Just stopping in quickly to let you all know I have been working my butt off to get ready for the black Friday weekend sale getting units ready and so forth. I am going to be offering a site wide 10% off coupon. This will be good from the 23rd - 25th. you will enter code BF2325 at checkout for the discount to be applied to the total.

vlSmgQo.jpg

Will be adding several new species to my offerings of WoodScents as well. Wishing everyone the best and will be in touch soon!

Good morning everyone, wow what a great thanksgiving we had. I am hoping you all had the same. You can say what you want, thanksgiving dinner is great but day after turkey sandwiches are the best! Still have a little turkey left, got an 18lb bird. I am not one to back down from a fight nor not make a statement, I had to go after the biggest baddest one at the market lol. My wifes family came down from Little Rock and we had all the kids together, was a good time.

Has been busy since, started running the black friday sale a day early and its still going strong, I added a few new species to the line up

Paduak
JujbXUQ.png

Goncalo Alves

1jQZ8cr.png

Canarywood

Nl6fR1u.png

1600 year old colonial cypress

l6nPCQJ.png

and Zebrawood

EvTQ88J.png

You can grab any of these and others with a sitewide cart discount of 10% use code BF2325.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back