Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

are you living so remote that power can be out for long periods of time?
I like to go camping and spending time in the bush hunting and fishing during the day, drinking and vaping at night at the million star hotel.:thumbsup:
Also for the zombie apocalypse, have a few WS and blend right in.:smoke:

:thumbsup: I like your style, kinda just hit me that y’all are heading into summer. That battery is enormous, you’re like a hardcore Boy Scout, “Be Prepared”! I completely understand why you would want to take your trusty WS 2/you camping for extended periods, no faffing around with a portable when you just wanna chill and get where you want quick-like. Sounds like a wonderful summer plan, I’d love to get away like that. I have heard from many friends that there’s nothing quite like the night sky in Australia for high entertainment!

I hope that I didn’t offend in some way or overstepped with my question. I was curious but really shouldn’t ask you to share too much. :peace:

Ask away @pxl_jockey, I do not mind sharing at all, just don't ask to borrow my chainsaw or wife! :thumbsup:
Even though I am in a country that will put you in jail for having large amounts of pot, I feel pretty safe as I do not sell any(have given a fair bit away) so do not get any unwanted attention.

@Stevenski what is this Jaycar shop of which you speak? It must be an Aussie thang and I just wouldn’t understand... :biggrin:

Jaycar is an electronics/hobby supply store that sells all the components so you can build things at home. I built my WS power cord with a cable, 12v male plug & 2 x quality banana plugs & a bit of solder. There would have to be a few similar chains in North America.

I like to go camping and spending time in the bush hunting and fishing during the day, drinking and vaping at night at the million star hotel.:thumbsup:
Also for the zombie apocalypse, have a few WS and blend right in.:smoke:

So jealous mate. As a city boy through & through I have a real yearning to properly see the stars again. It has been so long since I have seen them. Kinda depressing really :hmm:.

The WS is a perfect solution to blend in alright. It has really left me zombified recently. I knew there was a reason I kept it for weekends :lol:.

Huge batteries are great for camping/remote use. I have one that will run a log for a month straight 24/7 & it is smaller than a house brick. You can take it in the car no dramas.

I have one that will run a log for a month straight 24/7 & it is smaller than a house brick.
I am trialing an 18ah lithium jumpstarter today, 4.5 hours and got about 50% left.
Got a link to your super battery?

I am trialing an 18ah lithium jumpstarter today, 4.5 hours and got about 50% left.
Got a link to your super battery?

Actually I ran the calculations myself & it is fantasy :nut:. Sorry mate I was given a bum steer in the numbers & believed what I was told. I would achieve the same results as you appear to be getting with my setup. I have run my logs remotely on a 12v socket if required but tend to take a portable as it is easier with company.

My cousin's:biggrin:(insert Tassie jokes here) has a humpy on 60 acres with heaps of 12 & 24 volt systems running lights' fridges etc and a 10 foot slab of 4" thick Huon Pine for a bar to sit my vape on.:smoke:
We even had music without having a band, fangdangled technology :myday:
Here is a pic I took;
IMG_20180908_184954.jpg

What do you think of my cousins coffee table?
Edit; My Lithium battery pack lasted 7 hours.

Hey hey, it’s been a great last week and still going. My oldest and I got the 4wheeler going. Had to tear the carburetor off and go through it to clean out the gummy trash from ethanol fuel that ruins all the motors and internals these days. I got in the tune up kit this last week and he’s going to help me change the oil, air filter and spark plug today. Can you believe its 63 here this morning, I can’t, it’s like heaven here this morning and so got me ready for fall as I have said before? Woot Woot archery season starts here Monday. Going over to the Delta area, there is 14,000 acres of virgin timber its freaking beautiful and magical and overrun with wild hogs so hoping I will have some pork chops on the grill by middle of the week haha.

Been having a lot of fun in the shop last week, even turned my first wooden duck call. A previous customer wanted something a little more special, so we began talking about it and started looking at wood and ordered some. Usually all goes well but this time wasn’t so easy, was over one hurdle and up against a wall here and then down a rabbit hole there. We had a hellova time getting his piece done but it all came together in the end and gotta say was a pleasure working with him and no matter all the trouble we had he never flipped out and never gave me hell even though I am sure we were both frustrated as heck at times. In the end we got this funky foot shaped chunk of Curly Maple Burl

Burl_Foot_-_Eds_Tn_T.jpg

I wasn’t sure how it would work out and how to cut it to where I could get the best blanks from it. I was able to get 3 from it after all. All I knew was that it was Maple had no idea it was curly too. When I ripped it, I wasn’t really able to see or notice the curl. All the times I have seen curly maple people have worked it where the curl is horizontal.

Curly_Maple_Wood_Scents_-_Ed_s_Tn_T.jpg

Curly_Maple_Wood_Scents_2_-_Ed_s_Tn_T.jpg

Am really happy with the way these turned out and have this one above and another like it if anyone is interested.

Even did this Maple Burl stunner

Maple_Burl_Wood_Scents_-_Ed_s_Tn_T.jpg

I did a few other show stopper pieces but can’t show ya all the cards I am holding lol.

The new WS VVPS are great and make using the WS quite nice. I have used all kinds of various VVPS in the past and at first wondered gosh do I have the cords in the right place, is the switch set correctly, do I have the right end on this cable before I purchase it, ohhhh IDK. There is no guessing with these, they are simple and easy to use, plug and play. Plug into the wall plug other cord into the WS, turn the knob to power it on and then twist to set voltage. It doesn’t get any easier than that no guessing no thinking.

Oh yeah, I will be adding these to the WS package very soon. I have got my guy working to get these out to me this coming week.

Wood_Scents_Glass_Tip_Stem_-_Ed_s_Tn_T.jpg

I will be adding to the WoodScents package at no extra charge these WS Ti Tip stems, not taking anything away from the package nor adding any extra dollars, only adding even more options and greater experiences. Let me ask you all, who does this? Who gives you 2vapesin1 package and who gives you all this and doesn’t nickel and dime you to death by adding this or that to your order? It sure as heck isn’t me and you sure as heck don’t get robbed when buying a WS!

Oh yeah yesterday evening I made my very own first wooden duck call from Asian Afzelia Burl, has a gun metal band and double reed for a great sound. Am anxious to do a few more of these. Am sending this one to a good friend’s kid in Louisiana for testing in the duck hole this season, can’t wait to hear how they like it!

Duck_Call_-_Ed_s_Tn_T.jpg

@LesPlenty Neat idea for the lighted cable and @Stevenski you are right we did talk about it a bit back and I showed that pic of em but after installing them and even how bright they were after I sanded the outside finish of the glass to soften them somewhat they were still so stinking bright. That and it took a lot of time to install them as well and didnt really pursue it much after then and got busy as always and just kinda forgot about it. I guess its something I need to revisit sometime and see whats possible now since then and hey who knows.

Wow @LesPlenty My man that s a hella rig to get it done but hey go bog or go home right! Hell yeah well done bro I am happy to see that as well and your dedication to make it happen regardless id the work, bro thats why you are the man!

@pxl_jockey Brother I appreciate the kind words and for the most part just get lucky, Mother Nature does all the work I just keep an eye out for the gems in the bunch. Its a great feeling to find one that you got a feeling about and then it turns out to be more than I could imagine. Thats what I love about what I do.

Hope all is well yall and wish you a great weekend!

Good morning everyone, been another busy week and a fun one. Seems me and my guy were the only ones in the woods for opening day. It was 71 degrees to start the day before daylight. Was sweating by the time I walked in after a mile. Got put and had to cover up so not to be toted off by the mosquitoes just made it all the more hot. Had a doe blow at me after a couple hours and got tired of fighting skeeters so I struck out walking and scouting. Morning hunt wasnt so great but found a better spot for the afternoon. Delta hunts are always fun though, there are cotton fields as far as the eye can see.

2018-10-01_09.26.13.jpg

Wide open forest of acres and acres as much as you can possibly walk. Went to the nearest town for lunch and stopped at this soul food joint for fried chicken, collard greens, veggies, corn bread cakes and rrrrr the best bnana pudding. Menu showed Wednesdays are pigs feet haha, I will eat almost anything but am not about pigs feet.

2018-10-01_11.36.44.jpg

Afternoon hunt was better it got up to feeling like 95 though, at least it was too hot for the mosquitoes. It was so quiet in the woods. Got to talking to my guy and as I said seems we were the only ones even moving through the day, I usually hear a squirrel bark or see em but notta not a thing the whole day. I was walking out at almost dark and had a knee high oinker run across my path at 30 yards, we both surprised each other, he froze for a sec I shouldered the crossbow and before I could aim he was on the move again. I am not going to take a shot I dont feel good about and didnt want to wound him so had to watch my fresh pork chops wander off in the woods ughh. I got til end of January so will have plenty more opportunities for wild BBQ.

Spent time in the shop doing what I do. Turned several WS bodies and did a few close and personal pics at a Colonial Cypress WS body

2018-10-03_05.54.59.jpg

Get a look at the tight grain patterns in this piece, there is alot of years and history in this piece

2018-10-03_05.43.38.jpg

My cell phone is the best, it really gets in there

2018-10-03_05.56.51.jpg

Thats so neat, everyone really should get an Iphonekiller!

Even got a few more blanks of BogOak in

2018-10-02_08.34.04.jpg

I know they look just plain and grey in this pic but dont let that fool ya, as you know its so hard to catch the real beauty of wood in pics. These are quite dark in hand and the grain is really tight in these being solid, all rated at 3,700 years old. One is spoken for already.

Been moving quite a few VVPS and have heard from a couple users, one saying 12.6 set him back flooring him.

Got a shipment of glass coming in today and will be adding the new WS Tip Glass stem to all WS packages at no extra cost. Will be retailing it for $14.89 individually, but wont raise the cost of the WS package at all. Who else gives you all the accessories like I do and doesnt cost you any extra???
Wood_Scents-_Glass-_Tip-_Stem---_Ed_s-_Tn_T.png
These will be going live at the site in the next day if not later tonight if I have time. They are 4"L giving you even more cooling when using it this way.

Thats it for now yall, got my boat back from a fix and tune up, gotta get my sons up and going we got water to get in woot woot!

Been moving quite a few VVPS and have heard from a couple users, one saying 12.6 set him back flooring him.
Wow that's a high temp.... I darn near combusted. Definitely had the combustion taste going on by the second hit. And I found that even at 11.7 I was getting black bits in my abv...

So I dropped it down to 10.5. Much more of a sweet spot for me although I notice a teeny bit of scorch and a bit of green in the abv. I think the inconsistency is because of resting the WS on the WonG without removing it between hits.

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

Edit: The vvps in the background isn't Ed's.... that's another one I have. I'm using Ed's... it's just not in the image... :doh:

Wow that's a high temp.... I darn near combusted. Definitely had the combustion taste going on by the second hit. And I found that even at 11.7 I was getting black bits in my abv...

So I dropped it down to 10.5. Much more of a sweet spot for me although I notice a teeny bit of scorch and a bit of green in the abv. I think the inconsistency is because of resting the WS on the WonG without removing it between hits.

View attachment 5175

View attachment 5176

Edit: The vvps in the background isn't Ed's.... that's another one I have. I'm using Ed's... it's just not in the image... :doh:

Great findings and report, I appreciate you doing this and yes ma'am that is rather high even for me at 12.6 but hey to each his own. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your weekend!

View attachment 5175

View attachment 5176

Wow Mom! That’s one beautiful WS, I guess I haven’t seen yours before. Just gorgeous, I bet Ed picked it especially for you!

I found that even at 11.7 I was getting black bits in my abv.
Have you ever confirmed the actual voltage of your vvps with a multimeter? The actual voltage can be out a bit on these cheaper models, mine is 0.2 volts off, some wall warts are 2-4 volts off what they say they are.:thumbsup:
I just tried mine(like Ed's but unbranded) at 10.5v (actual) and found I was only getting one good sized toke(very tasty!) and then 3 lighter ones on the bong and there was a fair bit of green left in the abv, just shows there can be a lot of difference between models with different product in the bowl. At least it is fun testing and it does not take too long to dial in your perfect temp.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip on the extra low voltages though.:thumbsup: There are some extra nice tastes to be had from 10.5 up. Makes for another good reason to have more than 1 WS, temp stepping, 3 would be even better, 1 set at 10.8, 1 set at 11.5 and the last at 12.2 for 3 great rips from one bowl....I will start testing with 2 very soon.:science:

I run mine at 12.5v give or take as 12v through my lab supply is not enough to get more than a tobacco colour. So long as we find our sweet spots is all that matters.

Talking about sweet @Stevenski , look at what I just got;
IMG_20181010_130131Best.jpg

I can really smell the aroma of Huon Pine once I turned it on, no need for the glass aroma cup!
Smells great.:thumbsup:

Talking about sweet @Stevenski , look at what I just got;
View attachment 5242
I can really smell the aroma of Huon Pine once I turned it on, no need for the glass aroma cup!
Smells great.:thumbsup:
Nice
Was very close to pulling the trigger on a WS
I have the very cheap UD mini coming so will give it a go first - next stop in the future will be a WS from ED though - have had on the list for a while and love the VC compatibility

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back