Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

Yep, OG Arizer Air was my first real vape, ED's stem has a bit bigger bowl and opens up the draw resistance a lot. My workshop smells like an old sawmill atm, the Huon Pine smell is quite strong while it is running at 12.3v, that is not a bad thing for me, I like it.:thumbsup:

Love that golden colour @LesPlenty. One of those pieces where you will keep on discovering cool little features every time you pick it up.

@LesPlenty I can only second what everyone has already said. Wow that’s really beautiful and even smells good too?! Those matching accessories really adds value, a WS is really a package in that Ed just gives you everything! All of it at once like, BLAAMMM!
Like Mom says, if you picked the blank, it really makes it a personal connection. Wasn’t I just telling you how pretty your Walnut WS is? And now you’ve got this one-of-a-kind stunner?! All y’all with two WS in your arsenal just make me jealous, lol! Seriously though mate, I completely understand how having one of these functional art pieces could easily lead to others.

To me, the WoodScents go beyond just a vape as they look like artwork as well. I’m not disrespecting other logs, which are wonderful devices and well-made. It’s just that to me, Ed’s work always appear to be unique individual pieces. A lot of that’s down to sourcing premium timber and his eye when slicing and selecting the blanks, but it’s truly his artistry when turning these imo. They become sculptures that are also made with premium materials on the functional side. Everything about the WoodScents is topshelf.

I’m just like @Stevenski in that one of the very best things about owning logs is getting really high & losing yourself staring at the grain. I really like the conditioning ritual for the reason that you really get to know its features & it brings its natural beauty even more.

I’ve had the pleasure of working with the man himself on something right now. It’s been pretty amazing so far. I gave him a vague idea of what I wanted, thinking it would be a while before hearing back. He got so excited he went digging through his massive stock & sent me 4 pictures with the subject: “What do ya think?” And just like that, he nailed everything I wanted and couldn’t describe. He’s got some gifts.

Wasn’t I just telling you how pretty your Walnut WS is?
A good looking couple;
IMG_20181010_184448.jpg

I had a little rest after the above. Too much excitement for one day.:thumbsup:
I just have to add that the Huon Pine feels like silk to the touch, the cigar stem feels awesome on the lips, my walnut stem from Ed was my favorite Vapcap set up, was. :smile:
@Stevenski , you are correct about finding different features, I like how the same feature changes as it passes through the walls of the unit, 4 views for the price of one, even the cigar has a nice little imperfection that can be seen but not felt and parts of it look like 3D holograms that bounce in the light...beautiful.:smoke:
@momofthegoons I can hardly believe all the character that came from the blank I sent Ed, it looked fairly plain as a blank, so well pleased. :biggrin:

Just found out last night chatting with @duff that my future WS were on Ed’s IG. Holy cow, what a treat! I’m so glad I have friends who stay hip and current, thanks again dear Duff. I keep telling myself it’s not a done deal as Ed has a couple of concerns but I’m banking on him finding a way. I’ve got to have tremendous faith because tbh I couldn’t imagine how he was going to turn a WS body out of that blank.

If you can, you really should just go look at Ed’s pictures on IG and tell him (and everyone) what you think about it! :thumbsup:

Just found out last night chatting with @duff that my future WS were on Ed’s IG. Holy cow, what a treat! I’m so glad I have friends who stay hip and current, thanks again dear Duff. I keep telling myself it’s not a done deal as Ed has a couple of concerns but I’m banking on him finding a way. I’ve got to have tremendous faith because tbh I couldn’t imagine how he was going to turn a WS body out of that blank.

If you can, you really should just go look at Ed’s pictures on IG and tell him (and everyone) what you think about it! :thumbsup:
Are you the one who ordered the live edge he's been working on? :biggrin:

Why yes ma’am, that would be me! I wanted an American* species and love the depth and character of Black Walnut. It had to have a psychedelic quality, but how exactly do I communicate that in a way that Ed could A) understand & B) deliver on? So those were my vague requirements, I did a poor job but Ed is a good listener and a great interpreter. Knowing him and what he’s done for so many others made it easy to have faith and look how I was rewarded!

I’ve known for sometime I needed a WS when I could because Ed. Not enough people like him in the world in any industry imho.

* I’m American but lived overseas for a long time and I wanted a bit of home in my WS.

EDIT: Completed incomplete thought. :smug:

I’m American but lived overseas for a long time and I wanted a bit of home
Easier and cheaper than owning a Harley, good on ya for supporting your home economy/small business when you can.:thumbsup:

Yeah man, I break bones way too easy. Killer vaporizers will have to be my vice! :lol:

It took me a minute but I quickly learned that the small-shops/craftsmen is where it’s at in the vapor game, for me. We’re lucky in that there are quite a few small businesses that make great products they take pride in & stand behind. It feels great to do business with someone who appreciates you, that cares about your experience because they’re members of the cannabis community. I’m having a small VAS flair at the moment & all the stuff currently on my acquisition list is from real individuals with names. It’s the best kind of consumerism, lol!

Can’t wait to see what Ed comes up with on the accessory bits after seeing the VC stem and wpa in your pictures. I initially forgot that you also get a new vapcap with your WS! Factor that and all the other bits and it’s really good value for money. Insanely good! I believe it’s @Ramahs who calls his “Ed’s Ti Cigar” or something like that, lol! Made me laugh but it’s an appropriate name, I’ll probably steal it.

Happy Friday to y’all wherever you are! :peace:

I have only called it the cigar stem because that is what it feels like in my mouth, well my walnut one does, the Huon Pine is silkier feeling but I won't go there.:smilie-devil:

Took the Huon Pine Cigar stem for a run today, back where it feels at home;
IMG_20181020_150611.jpg
IMG_20181020_150512.jpg

Wow @LesPlenty that is breathtaking, I literally just said “oh my!” when I saw those photos. So this is the only area of Tasmania where the Huon Pine trees grow? I had never heard of the species before you introduced me here, which isn’t to say that I know much, it’s just odd because its beauty and appeal is obvious. Is it endangered or restricted from international trade on CITIES list or whatever, or simply that it’s not found in other parts of the world? Australia is really spoiled when it comes to rare and beautiful species unique to its ecology, of course most of them can/will kill ya! :lol: But yeah, I think it’s really special that you’ll always have that personal connection with this particular WS/VC no matter what comes your way down this crazy little thing that we call VAS. Thanks for sharing the pics with us Les!

I hope that everyone has a lovely Saturday! :wave:

Is it endangered or restricted from international trade on CITIES list or whatever, or simply that it’s not found in other parts of the world?
Found all over Tasmania only, all harvest sized logs are reclaimed from their watery graves from when they were harvested and lost decades ago, similar to the Sinker Cyprus in the US.
It is still used in boat building (for those who can afford it) and by quite a few craftsmen but is getting harder to find.
One stand of trees has just been found in southern Tas that are dated at 10500 years old!
My piece was from a sapling, it was estimated to be around 1000 years old (the tree takes 800 years to reach maturity)
:cheers:

Hello everyone, yall know me been hard at it in the shop. Last weekend was the wife and mine first wedding anniversary, woot woot, got one great year behind us and many ahead. We didnt do anything wild and extravagant, had a nice lunch out, spent some time at a book fair and got some parts for my duck boat blind at home depot. We had time together just her and I which we dont have that often. Lane spent the day the boys at their moms which gave us some time together. We arent a wild and crazy pair and dont have to do anything extravagant and extraordinary. Dont get me wrong we can get wild and crazy but dont take much for us to enjoy our time together. Wife says we are just like an old couple, we are in bed early, laugh at the same old commercials, and get excited to see the leaves change when we drive through the country holding hands. I am very thankful to have her in my life and know how lucky I am. Lane is getting so big, hes a little over 4 months now and what a chunky monkey he is. Haha like the commercial when the couple has the first baby its doing everything by the book then the more you have the farther from the book you get. He had that stomach thing with the formula til we got him right, hes been on the premie stuff for a while and has really packed on the weight, hes not fat but does have a little extra meat on those cheeks. Gosh he is just so long and the toes and fingers of his has gotten even longer. He is such a happy baby. We have been feeding him baby food for the last few weeks. We will give him as much as he will eat bout 6pm or so, top him off with a bottle and then its off to bed he goes. With a full belly he will sleep almost 12 hours, ohhh yeah thats right what a night of rest we get as well. Hes been taking showers with me for a couple months now, is just easier for us all for me to get in there wife hands him off to me I sud him up with the baby soap and lather him all over then give him a good rinse then hes handed back off to mom quickly dried and clothed and everyone is happy. Gosh ya forget how beautiful a new baby smells and the baby shampoo afterwards how fresh and clean he is, I am grinning now thinking about him. He has been finding his little feet more and more and anytime he is on his back he has his hands grabbing em and you all know where they go then, like everything else to the mouth lol. Yeah yeah I know I have gone off bout the wife and son but hey I cant help myself. My oldest will be 17 next month, my 9 year old will be 10 Tuesday and my 14 year old 15 first of the year. Saw Michael Franti and Spearhead last night with Victoria Canal last night and omgosh what a show. There was a couple of kids there the boy was 9 and his sister maybe 12, from Panama City, FL. MF brought the boy up on stage, none of us knew who they were or his story but the kid sang the entire song like a champ. MF began telling his story, the kids just lost their mom in hurricane Michael, and not sure if they were here on evacuation or not but the boy held it together and I bet every person in there teared up, was awful hard for me not to having my oldest son there with me holding him close and tight. Gosh yall we are all so blessed and pls pls check out my IG posts you will see the time we had last night, what a blast!

Got a short order of stems out to a new dealer in Spain/THGrow, got a load of Milaana stems headed out to VapeFiend in the UK first of the week. They will be offering them in Walnut exclusively. Spent some time yesterday blanking out for WS, going to have some more show stoppers available soon. Had a great guy get with me inquiring about a Walnut with some figure and maybe a void and maybe even some live edge, told him I wasnt so sure about what I have but will give it a try, just so happens I got a little of all that he wanted in this piece I just have to assemble it

2018-10-08-12-33-34-1.jpg

I am a little concerned about the size of the void on the upper end but feel I can make it work.

2018-10-08-12-33-19-1.jpg

Really hope this piece makes it as my guy is super excited to have it in hand, I am more anxious than he is to hear what he thinks of it.

Have really been enjoying the WoodScents Glass Tip Stem, being 4"L and thick walled just adds to the experience and really gives a mellow smooth feel to the vapor.

2018-10-18-17-53-14.jpg

Even working on some new glass ideas for the WS. A new different WPA and also maybe some color in the Tip Stem so keep an eye out.

Koa-WS-Blanks.jpg

How bout these Hawaiian Koa WS blanks, have a little curl mixed in with the honey tones and golden browns, these are going to be super nice.

Heres another Big Leaf Maple Burl WS body

2018-10-16-08-59-59.jpg

I love what I do, nothing better than getting a blank you know has some beauty in it but isnt so easy to see from the raw outside, then ya turn it a little true it up and start to see whats inside and the more ya turn the more it takes shape and at the very end I sand it sleek then hit it hard with butter til it POPS, just doesnt get any better than that. Even have this live edge BuckEye Burl Package ready to go if anyone is interested its live at the site
Buck-Eye-Burl-Live-Edge-Wood-Scents-Ed-s-Tn-T.png

Hmmm I have not seen any of these posts come to my attention, I am watching the thread @momofthegoons not sure why I am not getting notices when posted, am sure its something I havent done right, pls help.

@pxl_jockey Bro that was a really fun piece to do for @momofthegoons took quite a bit of time and for sure a one of a kind, I dont think there will ever be one even close to like it in wood alone. I really appreciate all the kind words and you saying TOP SHELF I have been saying that for a long long time and thats all I want to offer. You have been a pleasure to work with and I look forward to when your piece is in hand, thats when it will all be worth it. Bro I cant say how much I appreciate all the kind words, I thank you so much for all that.

@LesPlenty Thats the thing with PS aint it. Haha I like that all the more reason to grab 1 more aint it lol. Great pics you are posting bro, Your HP piece was a lot of fun to make and thank you for letting me do so. LIke an old saw mill huh, you gotta like that, or at least I do. You are right that HP sleeked out so well and the light that hits it really makes it look like gold 24K. You have a very lively piece thats certain. Like your double rig setup to.

@momofthegoons How did you fair on the temp testing of both yours? Am curious of that as well since you have one from the beta trials. You said it well, isnt that the coolest getting one so personal.

@Stevenski You right my man, thats all that matters. You know you are right and there is so much character in his piece, with curl and burl its treasure.

Yall I have tried to cover everything and am sorry if I didnt it all. Have been on the PC for several hours today and the boys are saying Dad we gotta go work on the duck boat blind gosh! So I gotta split yall and hope everyone has a great and safe weekend. I am off to hang with my sons woot woot!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back