Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

I just wondered as I saw George say to butter orings once and I have a butter of sorts from DV for that purpose and prob for nonavongs too
The butter that DV supplies is basically bees wax. And I had forgotten about applying a little to the o-rings.... I always assumed it was for the wood portions of the DV's.

Okay now I'm not sure what Les was alluding to lol...

A little beeswax on the ends of the stems? Occasionally they maybe hard to pull off. Heating your unit up or sitting it in the sun after being conditioned with the wax or BalmAss Butter from Ed helps the wax soak in after the spa treatment.

Just you said to not forget to butter our tips too....
Yeah, I meant the wooden stems, but you should lube your o-rings too.:myday:

My mighty screen fell out of the heater so I have for now put the original dv screen back in the WS
I ordered more screens so will make a new mesh one soon

I can definitely notice the difference between the mighty mesh and the dv screen now I have gone back to the original

Whilst it does as always did work well, the mighty screen did give much better clouds and draw....

I’ve been going back and forth between the “M” and the WS glass stem. Also the wood too but not as often. It’s nice to have a variety of ways to use it. I need to get a new adapter so I can fit my 18mm jhook on my WS.

Last edited:
I need to get a new adapter so I can fit my 18mm jhook on my WS.

You can use the 18/14 WonG with Ti tip in the J hook if you are in a bind & really wanna use the J hook Carol.

Hello everyone, seems I am running about a month behind like normal round these parts. I hope all is well for everyone and the summer is starting off nicely. Been awful freaking hot this way way more so than whats typical this time of year. We went straight into summer with a sweltering 100 degree heat for a few days ughhh. All is good here just slammed as ever probably even more so with all thats going on. Have released the PipeScents and am nervously awaiting feedback from all the customers. Really anxious to know and fingers crossed all is positive. I am told dont sweat it, its a winner winner but cant help but be nervous as its like sending out a little one into the world all by himself. Did em in Cocobolo and Blackwood
PipeScents%20Blackwood%20%20-%20Ed's%20TnT-500x500.png

Only did a few in Blackwood and majority in Cocobolo. Moved almost all the first batch, way cool. They should be arriving today and be in the hands of most users. Really enjoyed making these and look forward to doing more ASAP. Am hearing good things about it from a couple users and will be posting a video demo/review of it from one of them soon.

Am going to be moving this month again, moving back to the country. Gotta move the family and now 2 shop buildings but have everything lined up and should be dry as a bone so praying this goes smoothly and there is no hitches in the giddy up. Looking like the shop and the biz will be down from the June 21st - 30th. really hoping its back up and running before the 30th and so so praying not to many past the 30th if there is any unforeseen issues. Thats going to mean that orders will be delayed and and hope you will let anyone out there know if they make mention.

Have also begun turning the new 2019 WoodScents design into production.

Wood-Scents-2019-Model-Ed-s-Tn-T.jpg

Wood-Scents-2019-Model-a-Ed-s-Tn-T.jpg

Its same size OD and in length. I changed up the midsection giving it a couple v grooves and center angle as well as a couple burn bands to accentuate them a bit. Did the larger wider groove up high near the top, wasnt planing on it but the thumb fits nicely in it when holding. Think maybe it was subliminal, made me want to hold it more so lol. Left a sharp edge into the upper cavity with a slight angle for a flat edge to another sharp edge. I have posted pics on IG and overall everyone is liking it but there was a couple that didnt and hey thats fine. I am working to release these into next month after the move and all has settled down.

Am doing more and more pieces for the DV, not sure I told you all I have added 45mm MS to my site and also added 3 species I am offering internationally in Ebony, Tigerwood and Canarywood. Have also done a new style 45mm length WPA in 14mm that will be sending the first batch to a good dealer of mine in the UK. Am sure I will be adding these to my site as well in the near future so stay posted.

Ahhhh not sure how many of you know about #flipfloplife and how I roll but its the best way to turn and frankly get around. I hate turning in socks and shoes, wood chips and bits get in your shoes and in your socks and they are sticking in your feet and never come out of the socks ever. I am a FF turner lol, that and I can get away with wearing em cause its so freaking hot here for the most part and pretty much casual friday all days lol. Any how National Flip Flop day is June 14th. and to celebrate this holiday I am going to do a significant discount on all 2018 WoodScents models. Am thinking a 2 day sale and will have more info in the next few days. Be a great time to grab a WS.

@arb I have been very intrigued since I saw you all posting this method up a bit ago. Hmm I am anxious to read more into this. Ahh ditching both discs must be a significant advantage, am even more inttrigued. Haha @Vitolo would warm the units also with a hair dryer on the exterior I wanna say to make them even more apt to take the butter deep into the pores, am I wrong sir?

@LesPlenty You feel the medium to course work better, I will need to give this a try myself. In the begining I was using SS mesh screens in the very first couple units I made before working with DV to source my parts. It makes sense as the screens would give more air flow. Very neat to see this and kinda like duh why havent I thought of this lol. If you like you can send it to me and I will take the disc out and straighten out the air path for ya if you like and get it back to you. Good thinking on swapping out the discs to screens. Adding the BAB is like washing your vehicle it just feels like it runs better afterwards.

@Chandler Thats a beautiful piece and was alot of fun to do it. I really like that species and is my go to for many many different stems and such. I have my filter disc pushed down to bout the same level. I tamp my load tightly any how before placing it over the heat port. This helps not to have any fall into it and be pulled out. If 10.9 is working great for you I would gradually increase it if you feel the need to do so. 13 is really high for me and tbh I dont need it that hot not for normal usage anyway. A little BAB never hurts.

@Stevenski hehe

@Vital That Thuya is one of the very first in that species from way back, she sure is pretty.

@felvapes You should be fine with the mesh screen instead of the filter disc but would say that the smaller debris maybe more likely to fall down into the air path. I would often blow through it if I were you to make sure no small particulate is building up in any area. I recommend buttering the orings on the tips also. Especially when your inserting it into another stem. It helps them slide in more easily and also keep from drying out.

@CarolKing Glad to hear its still in tip top condition. As much as I would like each and every single unit to be absolutely the same in specs its just not possible. If the air paths are even just a .001 or 2 off it can make a difference. Thats right at @Stevenski Carol could use the 18/14mm wood WPA for that Jhook.

@momofthegoons You dont see many of those around, tbh I think yours is the only one I have seen in a long long time. BAB for the win! Everything works better with a little lube.

Uhhhhh not sure but think I have covered all the happenings and goings on round here for the most part. If I didnt pls get at me and will try to do so.

I have revieved my new mighty screens
I wasted two cutting them to exact size, this wasn't as good as the screen would fall out sometimes
I then cut one a bit bigger and pushed the sides down and it works much better as a friction fit now and sits off the heater better

The clouds are much better than with the og screen
Real improvement

I have revieved my new mighty screens
I wasted two cutting them to exact size, this wasn't as good as the screen would fall out sometimes
I then cut one a bit bigger and pushed the sides down and it works much better as a friction fit now and sits off the heater better

The clouds are much better than with the og screen
Real improvement

:smile: Nice

Haha @Vitolo would warm the units also with a hair dryer on the exterior I wanna say to make them even more apt to take the butter deep into the pores, am I wrong sir?
You are right on target with that thought @Ed's TnT
Butter 'em up good, I always say.
No butter better than Ed’s TnT Bomb Ass Butter and nothing more reasonably priced!

Hello and good evening, just to clarify before sale starts the 15% off discount is valid only to WS packages. The coupon code does not extend to any other products.

Starts to tonight at midnight. Wish you all the best and hope you are able to grab a deal before its gone.

Hope that punch set works for you @LesPlenty I got a couple of those for 5/16" when I was doing Hammer stems. Wound up getting a single heavy duty 5/16" blue one that has a heavier punch housing and solid punch handle. Still just as sharp now as was then.

@felvapes Am sure he will keep us updated.

@Vitolo I thought thats how you did it, thanks for the confirmation my man, aint too many of us old school log enthusiasts left out there. You are the OG log GodFather much respect!

Just a quick pop in yall, doing remaining 2018 model WS at a significant discounts if anyone is interested get at me by PM or email. Know I have a few walnut, few maple, few curly maple, few African mahogany, even have a show stopper burl or two I think as well. Need to move em, out with the old in with the new.

@Ed's TnT, I may be getting this wrong, but, Seems I've read somewhere that you mentioned WS should not be used inverted. For instance when using with water pipes.
Is there a reason for this thought? Can you build a WS that can used inverted for water pipes?

I may be getting this wrong
Just don't leave it inverted for hours, a minute or 2 heat soak on a cap does wonders for nice fat hits and will not hurt it...it hasn't either of mine and they never get used anyway but upside down.:twocents:

@Ed's TnT, I may be getting this wrong, but, Seems I've read somewhere that you mentioned WS should not be used inverted. For instance when using with water pipes.
Is there a reason for this thought? Can you build a WS that can used inverted for water pipes?
I think this is just as a permanent thing
I think most people use them on water pipes inverted with no issues

It's just recommended that after your tip you take it off and sit it upright on its base
I'm assuming so it doesn't heat the bottom and wires too much being trapped

Otherwise I am under the impression it is fine

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back