Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

Well all I find myself using is a combination of vapcaps & wood scents with a IH with the occasional Mighty sesh.

It has been three years since I purchased a new vape & i don't see that changing in a hurry.

yay!
View attachment 18844
so it is here, thank you uni, needless to say i am thrilled & just getting to know this one now.
the screen covering the heater got dislodged during transport - i discovered it on my kitchen floor (minor miracle) after writing my first worried email to @Ed's TnT. it was easy enough to put back in there, but i have been wondering how deep the screen should go? there seems to be a small ridge within the first couple mms inside the tube so this is what i aimed for
View attachment 18845
View attachment 18846
hopefully correct, yes? while putting this screen in, i inadvertently touched the heating element inside the tube and noticed that it can be moved. is there a particular distance this should have to the screen? it looks like it is just below the screen now, but not touching it.
first testdrive was fun & satisfying (i started at temp 6, stepped up to 7 then 8. 6 was already pretty cloudy, so will try at 4-5 next time), the temp regulation seems to be very accurate, but i will need to experiment with amounts, how little i can get away with loading into the tip. i guess the first visible ridge inside the ti tip is ideally to where it should be filled? it seems this would approximately be where the heaterscreen is at when the tip is put over it.
View attachment 18847
sorry for all these newbie questions & thank you for this beautiful piece ed.
That's beautiful, @im not a robot. It looks like @Ed's TnT fixed you up. I have no idea how to explain what I want, so I just haven't gotten one done. They all are so wonderful, I feel like saying "just send me anything".

That's beautiful, @im not a robot. It looks like @Ed's TnT fixed you up. I have no idea how to explain what I want, so I just haven't gotten one done. They all are so wonderful, I feel like saying "just send me anything".
I know you watch him on IG.... if you see one that really 'speaks' to you get in touch with him...

I've always loved the burls personally. But anything in Cocobolo is also a fave.

If you can't make up your mind...go walnut, one of the cheapest options from Ed unless you go the burl route. This wood has been used in the highest grade of rifles and shotguns for royalty and the like for centuries. It was and still is used due to its beauty and most of all, strength and the ability to not swell or change shape, therefore, helping to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the firearm (some calibers can literally shake the firearms apart).

thanks @Madri-Gal. it was an impulsive buy after lurking on eds instagram for a short while. i initially thought i would get a different species (i also really like the burls), but then this piece one morning changed the plan. i think the wood on mine must have already darkened a fair bit, the colors used to be more vibrant, but i do like where it's at now too, and such changes are part of what makes wood so attractive, it is alive, relatable. this is my first cocobolo piece of anything, so i am curious how this is going to develop, but i am confident we will grow old together happily.
and i am in love with it already. still early early days of course, but i feel like i am already getting very good results. i have only used the wooden ti stem so far, seems temp 6 is actually very close to my sweet spot, truly spectacular taste on this first hit using it dry. not sure i ever tasted those terps so well defined before, and i thought the firefly had fantastic taste. i should probably try the glass-stem too, just really prefer the feel of the wooden one.
what attracted me to logs in the first place was the amount of vapour you can get out of the material, and the woodscents performance really is amazing. vapour can get a bit warm at higher temps, but i like the feedback of this as well (reminds me of smoking maybe), and taste has been good throughout subsequent hits too, no burning so far. my favourite part may well be how it feels to use the woodscents: the whole ritual of holding its glowing body, connecting the stem, rotating it on the heater, feels oddly satisfying. i bet this goes great with winter. it tabs into sth which makes me certain i will treasure this for a long time to come.
i dont own a waterpiece, but this thing makes me consider whether i should to get one, i do have this nice waterpipe adapter now? i dont know the first thing about waterpipes, are there are any particular designs that would pair well with a woodscents? but this really is not a priority..
if i thought buying a woodscents would cure me from wanting more woodscents, i was mistaken. but there are simply too many to (reasonably) desire, and all are unique of course, a completionist's nightmare. and the one that i have here now, has my undivided attention. very happy with this purchase @Ed's TnT .

i dont know the first thing about waterpipes, are there are any particular designs that would pair well with a woodscents? but this really is not a priority..
You need something stable so that the whole thing doesn't become too top heavy. And I find it best to have a 'sidecar' mouthpiece so that the vape isn't 'in your face.' The original was made by Mobius, but there are a ton of makers on DHGate that make copies of them now... This is the type of rig I am talking about.

I'm so glad you are enjoying the WS. There's something about log vapes that is so personal. Each one is unique in that no two pieces of wood are the same.

Thanks @LesPlenty @momofthegoons @I'm not a robot. I've had an order in with @Ed's TnT since April and @Aezhenn is going to make me an accessory holder to go with. I just like everything I've seen, and told ed's to get through his busy season before he starts my order. I'm sure whatever he does will be beautiful, but I'm also concerned it will be the start of WAS...and I just look at every suggestion all googly eyed saying, "I don't know".
I know. With all the problems in the world, this is a good one to have.

many thanks for the link @momofthegoons - makes sense what you write re balance & not having the vape in your face. pricepoint is nice. i will mull this over & browse around dhgate for a while. seems like glass could be a proper rabbits hole for a night in.
I'm so glad you are enjoying the WS. There's something about log vapes that is so personal. Each one is unique in that no two pieces of wood are the same.
yes. right now i am over the moon. i wanted to like it of course, it was a solid investment. i also had high expectations - you dont ever read anything bad about the woodscents really. but i am surprised with how easily i managed to get such good results so quickly. and i think the whole experience of using it suits me perfectly. i adore it. are most of your logs still in rotation?

Last edited:
@im not a robot when it comes to your first piece of glass I recommend something simple & straightforward. Pretty much what MOTG linked will be perfect.

I love my rituals with the WS. Simple & repeatable results is what i seek. That the WS delivers is spades.

First sighting of my WoodScents from @Ed's TnT. Many thanks to Ed's (or as I call him, "Call me back! I changed my mind!") for his patience, but mostly for nailing it.
IMG_20200609_073106_657.jpg

Nice!...now the letterbox stalking begins.

I had been hoping to join the WS family, but there has been a sad development. In testing, my WS broke, and a new WS had to be made. When I saw the replacement, I literally cried, I was so disappointed. I've thought about it, and rather than hope it grows on me, I'm giving it as a gift. In the end, I'd like someone to have the WS that will cherish it. Ed's Tnt has been a dream to work with, and I was over the moon with the first attempt, it was just my bad luck that this happened.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back