Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

Woot woot, gotta love that and so do that beta WS still kicking.

Hope you are and all is well up your way, take care missy.

@momofthegoons I love the turquoise inlay around the rim. I’ve never seen Ed do that. It’s beautiful. You have a beautiful family. :smile:

this is amboyna? the wood alone is amazing, beautiful piece.
i folded last month & ordered a stunning cocobolo ws from ed. and i am about to burst because german customs is taking its sweet sweet time.
but the longer it takes the higher the probability the wait is over soon right? i just hope they dont give me a hard time. i once ordered a record from the us and had to explain myself before they handed it over. who knows what kind of explanation they require for an 'aromatherapy device'.

Number 29 and the first custom WS Ed made is still going strong as my daily. This may be the only WS with black burn rings on it too.

20200523_214208.jpg

You would have. My most expensive vape but has given 3 years service so far. Mine is a bit different as I have to run it higher than my NA friends in the mid 13v range. Then again other southern hemisphere owners have also reported needing to run theirs higher & it makes no difference to performance. You are gonna love your cocobolo WS @im not a robot.

yay!
1590835812161.png

so it is here, thank you uni, needless to say i am thrilled & just getting to know this one now.
the screen covering the heater got dislodged during transport - i discovered it on my kitchen floor (minor miracle) after writing my first worried email to @Ed's TnT. it was easy enough to put back in there, but i have been wondering how deep the screen should go? there seems to be a small ridge within the first couple mms inside the tube so this is what i aimed for
1590835840923.png

1590835870322.png

hopefully correct, yes? while putting this screen in, i inadvertently touched the heating element inside the tube and noticed that it can be moved. is there a particular distance this should have to the screen? it looks like it is just below the screen now, but not touching it.
first testdrive was fun & satisfying (i started at temp 6, stepped up to 7 then 8. 6 was already pretty cloudy, so will try at 4-5 next time), the temp regulation seems to be very accurate, but i will need to experiment with amounts, how little i can get away with loading into the tip. i guess the first visible ridge inside the ti tip is ideally to where it should be filled? it seems this would approximately be where the heaterscreen is at when the tip is put over it.
1590835931957.png

sorry for all these newbie questions & thank you for this beautiful piece ed.

Sounds like you have it all figured out with the screen in the heater, I had mine seated down deeper (accident) which allows for a bit more room in the bowl, enjoy!

@im not a robot that is a lovely WoodScents! Is that Cocobolo?

while putting this screen in, i inadvertently touched the heating element inside the tube and noticed that it can be moved. is there a particular distance this should have to the screen? it looks like it is just below the screen now, but not touching it.
That looks perfect. One of mine is actually pushed down farther with no negative effects on the vape or vaping. The screen is just there to protect the heater and to help herb bits from getting down into the heater.

i will need to experiment with amounts, how little i can get away with loading into the tip. i guess the first visible ridge inside the ti tip is ideally to where it should be filled? it seems this would approximately be where the heaterscreen is at when the tip is put over it.
You fill it pretty much as you would a DV. The herb hitting the screen covering the heater isn't going to be a problem... but I've found it's best if you don't overfill the stem. You can get some scorching if it's resting on the heater screen.

Have fun with your testing!

I knocked mine out within a few days & never got it back in properly so let it sit on the bottom ridge. Added bonus is much bigger bowls if you like & I like.

20200530_212228.jpg

PS i like the cocobolo with that sapwood.

cheers guys. & yes @momofthegoons, cocobolo. the pictures don't do the colors justice though, they seem to change with time of day. i was actually set on trying to get a buckwood burl, but then.. i didnt. :). maybe another time. only a couple months ago the concept of owning multiple logs seemed strange to me, excessive. but i get it now, i think, they are just gorgeous pieces to collect. i was following ed's instagram for a little while & eventually realised i would either have to become very rich to accommodate all log-related impulses (i did sign up for a custom heat island, maybe in 2 years or so). or snatch sth up i know i would be able to treasure for a very long time to come. this coco seemed right immediately.
@Stevenski yes i was wondering if it would make sense to push the screen down further like that. good to know for now that it is flexible & i didnt break anything.

You might also notice @Stevenski heater screen is the improved airflow over standard CCD job, great for the dynavap tip too!
@ddave has the better flow screens in Ti or S/S.

how little i can get away with loading into the tip. i guess the first visible ridge inside the ti tip is ideally to where it should be filled? it seems this would approximately be where the heaterscreen is at when the tip is put over it.
That is a lovely WS you have there. I hope you enjoy its beauty and function for many years.
The Ti Vapcap tip has grooves inside the herb chamber or bowl. These grooves allow you to set the screen (CCD) to different depths. I keep my CCDs seated in the bottom groove which creates the largest bowl, but that doesn't necessarily dictate the amount of herb that must be used. You can fill your herb chamber or use less, even just a tiny nug if you want. Experiment with the amount you like. The WoodScents is a wonderful vaporizer as is the Vapcap all by itself, not to mention beautiful! Congrats on your purchase and Enjoy!

ah yes thanks @LesPlenty , i was wondering about the different screen. i think i'll hold off with another us-order until i can combine this with sth else to make the postage count, but i'll keep those in mind.
I hope you enjoy its beauty and function for many years. The Ti Vapcap tip has grooves inside the herb chamber or bowl. These grooves allow you to set the screen (CCD) to different depths. I keep my CCDs seated in the bottom groove which creates the largest bowl, but that doesn't necessarily dictate the amount of herb that must be used.
thanks :) and yes, my dynavap so far has been a regular m, and prior to purchase i eyed the ti-tip for the ability to change the chamber size. until i was able to actually use the m & realise that even the tiniest whiffs of herb work splendidly in it as well. if using the dynavaps as woodscents-stem is anywhere close to this performance, i know i found my favourite setup - beautiful stems and a beautiful log. maybe an induction heater, but i am going back and forth on that.
having experimented with the changeable screen for a day now, i feel inclined to just go back to the largest chamber size like you - changing it is bit fiddly, and i can never really get it to stay in place entirely secure. for now i will *just have to* go through some experiments re temps, grind consitency, how tight to pack. i have a long evening ahead of me.
ps - everyone knows, but @Ed's TnT has been a pleasure to deal with.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back