Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
I was given a Torch by Yocan when they first came out to try. I liked it well enough to buy another and give a few out as gifts.

dCRTCnv.jpg

CwGZ7ZU.jpg

From their info:

fRZjLEP.jpg

VDclims.jpg

WI1X1UI.jpg

hCzsGiJ.jpg

One thing I've noticed about these atty's is that you can clean them up really well by soaking them in ISO. I haven't had much success doing that with other atomizers. You can also load more concentrate in them than most pens for wax which is nice.

And here's a short function vid I did on Instagram. Hopefully it will load for you. I deleted it from my library.. sorry.

All in all I've liked it. You can get them pretty cheap on ebay these days ($32.99) along with 5 packs of replacement atomizers ($16.50). I've heard some stories about the batteries crapping out fairly quickly but I've had no problems with mine.

Any patient that has tried my Torch wanted one.

A Patient that we bought one for was so darned happy with his, he has been using it exclusivly to medicate for 3 months now!
I have been given his permission to post his image, to show how happy he was with his new tool.
First he tried mine, for the intended purpose of being shown a new device:
DSC04503.jpg

Then he was handed a new box (already charged for him) and told it was his:
DSC04504.jpg

Here was my first Torch which I got a replacement one, which is a backup now.

Love the Torch. Here she was on my original donated bubbler...

yocan_side.jpg

And my latest, on my Esposito bubbler (current favorite concentrate setup):

esposito_alone.jpg

The thread for the Yocan Evolve concentrate pen. How you like yours. How you clean yours. Etc. :)

I know they came out with an upgraded Evolve pen, but I don't have that one, and don't really need it.

I really like mine, a lot. I love the dual quartz coils. I'm Wiccan, and love clear crystal quartz. So that really resonates with me. :)

Mom note: We are going to put all of the Yocan products in this thread; rather than make a thread for each.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm charging my batteries for this thing daily. I have two batteries, and after a day, I have to switch out the battery. I'm not using less oil too. Very weird.

Can anyone suggest a better battery to go with the Yocan Evolve coil? I love the dual crystal quartz coil, but would love a battery that lasts longer than a day.

Suggestions? TIA. :)

The Yocan batteries suck. I've used two of them for the past week, and now they have both stopped working. Fortunately, I have a spare Dr. Dabber battery, and that seems to be working right now. I wonder if these coils are ruining the batteries. I only put a drop or two of oil in the chamber. I don't ever overfill.

I think I just discovered the problem. I unscrewed the coil from the bottom piece that screws into the battery. Oil is leaking down, and out of the two holes at the bottom of the coil. That has to be what is ruining the batteries. :(

This thread is covering all Yocan products.
Yocan has many products, atomizer types, and coils.
Evolve
Evolve Plus
Nyx
Cerum
Evolve Plus XL
I have tried each, and will go ahead and post the videos I made here.

The above devices were very good!

About the Evolve Plus XL:
There were things I liked about the Evolve Plus XL.
The dual silicone wax container is convenient, and it screws off with the lid still on, which lets you set the jar down with the lid still on.
The hits are very hot, and a bit more harsh than I like.
The quad system seemed to be overkill... and flavor suffers as a result
Users that care less about delicate flavors, and more about huge thick dab-like hits would enjoy the unit.
I personally found the unit to be well thought out from a marketing standpoint, but is more of a
hot, harsh hit (with an electric taste) and less flavor than I enjoy in a pen.

Last edited:
I was also given an Evolve Plus XL to review; as were many others I have learned. It would seem that this is Yocan's method of getting reviews and buzz out there on their products.

Yocan's packaging is always sleek and attractive. And the Evolve Plus XL is solidly made as most Yocan products are. As Vito mentioned it has a dual silicone container that is nifty and screws off with the lid attached. But they have really gone overboard with this atomizer. Here is a close up:

70mPgq1.jpg

Back when Yocan had me try their Pandon (which had two, two coil atomizers attached) I told them it was too much 'bang for the buck' and that I felt it wasted product and made the hits too harsh (and big). Vito mentioned that this might appeal to those who like " huge thick dab-like hits;" but I disagree. I consider myself one of those people and dab daily. But the hits on this pen, while thick, are not tasty. The concentrate tastes burnt even with a quick pulse of power. I believe this is due to the nichrome coils and the overkill of having four of them.

While I've enjoyed the original Evolve and the Evolve Plus, I'm sorry to say that I do not think that this version is an improvement on those pens.

Last edited:
Vito mentioned that this might appeal to those who like " huge thick dab-like hits;"
I did use a comparison about flavor versus thickness of hits.
Users that care less about delicate flavors, and more about huge thick dab-like hits
I'm with you on your thinking on this device all the way around.
In this case less is more.

About my lost trust in Yocan
While the Evolve Plus XL was not a favorite for me, I have lost respect for the company Yocan itself.
This matter disturbs me GREATLY.
Yocan and all of my private messages back and forth with them were with a man named Kevin.
Kevin emailed me directly and told me he has left Yocan.
I have been in close contact with him, including this past week.
I just received a Private message on a forum from Yocan, and it was signed "Kevin".
I emailed Kevin, and he assured me this was not him.
Whoever is representing Yocan just told me what a long time it has been since we spoke, when it was under a week ago that Kevin and I just talked.
The topic was of course proliferating more business for Yocan, but the person using the Yocan account attempted to gain my trust by signing another person's name to the request for me to help get word out.
I called the person out saying that their vocabulary was not similar to Kevin's.
The response was "you are so smart.... yes I am not Kevin, I am ______ (another name)"
I do not like being manipulated or lied to, and so Yocan has lost my support.

Last edited:
I did use a comparison about flavor versus thickness of hits.

I'm with you on your thinking on this device all the way around.
In this case less is more.

About my lost trust in Yocan
While the Evolve Plus XL was not a favorite for me, I have lost respect for the company Yocan itself.
This matter disturbs me GREATLY.
Yocan and all of my private messages back and forth with them were with a man named Kevin.
Kevin emailed me directly and told me he has left Yocan.
I have been in close contact with him, including this past week.
I just received a Private message on a forum from Yocan, and it was signed "Kevin".
I emailed Kevin, and he assured me this was not him.
Whoever is representing Yocan just told me what a long time it has been since we spoke, when it was under a week ago that Kevin and I just talked.
The topic was of course proliferating more business for Yocan, but the person using the Yocan account attempted to gain my trust by signing another person's name to the request for me to help get word out.
I called the person out saying that their vocabulary was not similar to Kevin's.
The response was "you are so smart.... yes I am not Kevin, I am ______ (another name)"
I do not like being manipulated or lied to, and so Yocan has lost my support.
Man I had these guys reaching out to me on another forum too also pretending to be 'Yocan Kevin'.

This pen looks completely unappealing to me to the point that I wouldn't even accept one for free.

How patronizing for them to try and congratulate you for seeing through the ruse rather than apologizing! Thanks for letting us know of this, my friend! After reading what you've said above, I'll be especially sure never to give these guys my business.

I also received a Yocan Evolve Plus XL review unit yesterday. I’ve only used it a few times, but I like it so far. I’ll give a better review once I’ve had a chance to use it longer. I must say it does hit like a beast.

I have been given a review sample as well. I must say this Wax pen vaporizer is a hoss! I have owned a Yocan Torch, and currently have two Yocan Evolve Arsenal pens. First thoughts, this packaging seems like I'm opening something I paid 6 times the amount. I love the detachable dab holder with split compartment. Wow, this coil can handle a bunch of concentrate! Also, the dabber tool is nice and thick with a spade and spoon.

The XL is easy to load but not as easy as the Arsenal series, however the cleanup is less and if I need a quick "one and done", I would certainly choose this over the Arsenal. The variable air flow is also a cool added feature that isn't included in the Arsenal, as the latter uses groves along the battery top to achieve airflow. The only disadvantage I found to this new airflow feature was when adding my pre-made oil atomizers, there would end up being no airflow, because there are no grooves on or next to the 510 port. I don't see myself using this XL as much as the Arsenal, however in a group setting the XL might be the way to go. The XL is fun but make sure you use caution because this hoss will light you up if you load it up and expect results similar to Yocan's previous models. Overall, I'm happy with the options Yocan gives us with a very respectable market price.

I’ve been using the XL for about 2 weeks now. It is a really nice pen for the money. I like that it has an adjustable air vent. I LOVE the little concentrate container that screws into the bottom of the pen. It hits like a beast, and can get you as medicated as good as a dab, but at a price. The chamber is massive, holding four quartz coils. You can load a lot more concentrate into this pen than any other I have seen.

As a result, you will end up using A LOT more concentrate with this pen, and some can see that as wasteful. Yocan has advised that the user vaporize all of the concentrate that you load, but I’m not sure that is always possible if you really fill this thing up. I also think taste has been sacrificed with four coils. The pen gets so hot that it can ruin the flavors of your concentrates.

Personally, I cannot afford to waste concentrate, so I will often times just put a little concentrate on two of the coils, and that will be all I need. Even then, I’m not always able to finish all the concentrate I have loaded.

I’ve been checking to see if concentrate has been leaking out of the coil area and into the battery area, but so far it has not. Perhaps because I do not load much concentrate on the coils. I’m not sure how that will stand up over time. I’ve soaked the mouthpiece and cap in ISO, but haven’t felt the need to clean the coils yet. It has a huge battery, and it’s lasted a lot longer than other pens I have owned. I like that a lot.

I’ll continue to use the XL, but probably not as the manufacturer intended. I will always load smaller amounts of concentrate. That should be taken into consideration when reading my review.

I received a Yocan Hive 2.0 As a review unit. I’ll be leaving a review once I’ve had a chance to use it more.

8DAD67A3-EF58-4277-80C1-DA0F2C5C608A.jpeg
2484746A-1FF0-420E-979B-DB350DE8B7F1.jpeg

Yocan review for the Hive 2.0. $65 retail, and replacement cartridges will cost you $39.99 for a pack of 5. You can choose if you want ejuice CBD cartridges or concentrate wax coils.

The Hive has variable voltage, low (3.4 volts), medium (3.9 volts)and high (4.2 volts), 650mAh battery charged via USB. Five clicks to turn off and on, three clicks to change temperature. Fifteen second cut off time. I prefer the medium setting because the hits are smoother, but I do use the high setting as well.

Multi function for concentrates and ejuice, and there is a different cartridge for each. Both are magnetic. For some reason, the magnet doesn’t always make a good connection on the unit that I received to review. I have to remove the cartridge and put it back in, sometimes several times. I’m not sure if this is atypical or not.

I do wish Yocan would provide a replacement wax coil, but they does not. That kinda surprised me.

The Hive 2.0 is very good for small wax hits on the go. Very small, very discreet, and easily fits in the palm of your hand. About the size of a lighter. (See photo)

This is not a heavy hitter unless you use the ejuice cartridge. The concentrate coil is small and only holds a little bit of concentrate. I’m ok with that, but others may not be.

I like the Hive 2.0 a lot because it hits really good, but it also helps me conserve my concentrates. This is my favorite Yocan concentrate vaporizer so far, even though I don’t use it for ejuice. I really like the small wax coil a lot. I haven’t tried to clean the coil or mouthpiece yet, but I am sure a short 91% alcohol soak would work just fine. I think it’s a great little concentrate vaporizer.

http://www.yocanonline.com/product/yocan-hive-2-0/

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back