Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Misc. Your concentrate to dry herb use ratio

Basement Farmer

How many of you mix it up and how much?

I like my extracts.....but find that doing just dabs is like only eating chocolate cake and not something I should probably do all the time so it's usually a dab in the morning followed quickly with a bowl.

.....and then it's mostly herb throughout the day with the occasional dab as a reward for actually getting something done.

Maybe 1:4

Workdays are strictly herb

I have found myself on a mostly dabs diet for the last year or so. And I think it's time to seriously change it up. I'm not enjoying the dabbing experience as much as I did when I wasn't using it as my primary way of ingesting.

So tomorrow I'm going to break out the SSV or the EVO and one of my big bubblers. Why tomorrow you might ask? Well... because I've been dabbing all day lol...

I've always loved herb. But found vaping can be quite time consuming; depending on the vape. So dabs were just easier and quicker. Don't know what my 'hurry' has been the last few months. It's not like we were going anywhere. :lol:

Using 80% oil and the rest flowers. It just seems cleaner, I buy a good grade no cheap stuff - a well known company with a great reputation, a local grower. In the long run it cost less as well. Not much of a smell.

Last edited:
More concentrate than flower here too, maybe 70% rosin to 30% bud.
For me that is about 20g of bud turned into rosin to about 10g of bud just vaped for the same amount of time.

So tomorrow I'm going to break out the SSV or the EVO and one of my big bubblers.

I good quality flower in the evo after a primer draw is very satisfying... not a dab for sure, bit the evo does fog up glass nice...

I've been almost exclusively vaping traditional hash this year. A small chunk is easy to transport, it doesn't dry out like flowers do and the ABVed shards are easily discarded. It does gum up my Vapcaps a bit faster than herb though. Hash has been my first love for decades.

Anectdoattaly time and harshness seem to be the primary recurring reasons most people are on a dab diet.

I dunno...I like the fact that I have to slow down a bit to do something pleasurable.....& it's not like I've got so much going on that dry herb would make the difference one way or the other. I also seem to spend an inordinate amount of time cleaning my dabware, so it'd be interesting to time my sessions.....maybe I will. And implement a LEAN program for my cannabis consumption.

I pretty much stick to Dyna tips in WPA bodies....pretty quick to load/ consume/ empty. I use a debowler too which is speedy and convenient.

& H2O. Since only pulling thru a bong when I'm home I've noticed a lot less gunk in my throat and lungs.

.....but I still love dabs. Don't get me wrong

My dab usage is dependant on the quality of product i can source... for last 2 weeks iv had some stardawg that jus ejaculates goo like an excitable teenager..
But i ran out now, amd sometimes i end up with weed that vapes nice, is nice, but jus wont goo for me... so right now, no dabs for me....

Edit :- jus realised what a crude choice of words that was, sorry.......

Right......
So my concentrate use has increased dramatically over the last few months...
Its used th be a rare treat and id never squish more that a gram at a time...
But now i squish half oz at a time....
And dab 2 or 3 times a night...

So the question now is.......
Do i need a dab rig...????

I use my evo atm, but constant greedy goo use is making a mess of bamboo... but i can clean it or live with it..
I suppose what i really want to know is how much am i missing out using evo for dabs..???

Is it a mind blowing difference using an expensive rig setup..???
Keep in mind a dont buy concentrates Infused with terp profiles ect...
I just squish nice product and dab it as it comes...

So any help here be much appreciated..
If any one has a evo and dab rigs id lke to hear if you would ever even consider evo for concentrates...

If any one has a evo and dab rigs id lke to hear if you would ever even consider evo for concentrates...
Personally, I've never had any interest in using my EVO for dabs... You bring up a good point about the bamboo getting dirty and, imo, it's not an easy thing to clean. I prefer to use it for herb.

Love having a dab rig and enail set up.

It would seem to me that dab hits with the EVO would be a bit too airy. But since I haven't used the EVO for concentrates I really can't say which set up is better.

With the extract tubes... does the concentrate just drip down the tube? Or is there a small 'dish' for the concentrate to sit on? I've never seen one in person and am struggling to figure out how it's used. Of course... it could be the dab I just took.... :lol:

Here is a good cheap unit to get your feet wet, it is wired to the defacto US standard so the controller will power all the DNail, NV, 710coils, etc upgrades later if needed.
1608254493974.png

Enail Dab Kit for Vaping - Enail Dab Kit - Best Vaporizer (dabpress.com)
Just add to any bong/rig.

I have only heard good reviews, I also like how Dabpress link Amazon and others for replacement/spare dishes rather than just their own marked up versions...nice!

Here is a good cheap unit to get your feet wet, it is wired to the defacto US standard so the controller will power all the DNail, NV, 710coils, etc upgrades later if needed.
View attachment 22698
Enail Dab Kit for Vaping - Enail Dab Kit - Best Vaporizer (dabpress.com)
Just add to any bong/rig.
This seems very good value..
Think im gonna have a look on vapefiend...

Still want to know from someone who has used an evo nail and dab rig to compare if possible please....

I’ve used the EVO for concentrates using a nail, not a fancy expensive one. It’s OK, but I mostly use it with weed. With the BHO that I used it was harsh for my lungs. I did give it another try with different a quality concentrate ( can’t remember if it was called “something” butter) and still it was just ok for me. I did sandwhich between flowers and I liked that, it was more tolerable. I’m using a cart pen and I’m happy with that. I know a lot of controversy with carts.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back