Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Glass Glass adapters

Since there seems to be some interest in trying to get an adapter similar to the old Cloud Buddy, I thought I would move the conversation here.

Decided to clean it before the pics this time... :dog:

p3p9tHO.jpg

Now if you recall, I had broken my og Cloud Buddy. The original was 18mm throughout. The replacement has a 14mm male downstem. Imo this should be 18mm for more stability.

gOd1iv7.jpg
YLCjsoQ.jpg

And, of course, you'd need to have the stopper for the carb action. :wink:

nf46ueg.jpg

This adapter is my absolute favorite and I use it with all of my vapes that I use through water; not just for the EVO.
I've written to oregonglassblower and we'll see what happens. If he's not interested I have another person in mind that I will reach out to......

Any other questions? :smile:
Stoney labs in ny they have an amazon store as well. Have all your science glass. Ive jad good luck with them so far...

Thedev, thanks for posting the pics. Of all the glass I own I have yet to purchase a carb adapter similar to what you have here.

An adapter like this could be useful on my vape
table / bench where my EVO is stable & locked to table.

Pulling a carb plug provides less issue for new user in this instance than lifting the water peice...

Small things matter.

Thedev, thanks for posting the pics. Of all the glass I own I have yet to purchase a carb adapter similar to what you have here.

An adapter like this could be useful on my vape
table / bench where my EVO is stable & locked to table.

Pulling a carb plug provides less issue for new user in this instance than lifting the water peice...

Small things matter.
NP.I am digging a carb adapter with the weedeater. I kinda like it with it and it takes some of the wear and tear off the water piece too.
I still don’t know how I feel about this one

18B10B8A-F9CD-4E47-8456-50CFD9CA74CD.jpeg

Sometimes I think I like on the offset side … not quite sure.I am planning on investing heavily on bigger American made glass in the next weeks to come. Might use it a lot , might not.
R&D and VAS are BFF

I'm thinking I would like the plug at an angle on the side like the other you posted.

Anywhoo ... while I have avenues of my own to obtain glass pieces. I do also have a favorite regarding herb based smoke shops.

https://thecavesmokeshop.com/collections/tubes

If you like tube style ... may I suggest MIA for a somewhat affordable, everyday, but unique piece. Best 9mm thick tube I've used. There are legit reasons for this.
A tube is in my way of thinking the most versatile glass water pipe design to be had

They keep an inventory of U.S. made glass that most other shops would find difficult to keep on hand. One can spend as much as they want here. They still offer affordable glass.

Dont forget our friends across the pond. Of my two best functioning glass pieces one is from a glass blower in the UK. I have a bid out now on a UK made recycler. The other I'm not sure.

It was given to me by a German gal while in the ME ...Good Gawd She Wuzz Beautiful never met a woman that was as strong or relentless a runner. It saved her life on a few occasions .... & like my xwife said about many things ... I Gotta Stop Im blathering :rofl:

I'm really stoned. Possibly a new level or frequency of high for me . I mixed GG with some Runtz herb with diamonds sauce, trates

I have panic attacks. They have been worse at present than I have ever experienced ...
I deal with shame & guilt for not being with people I love ... Who left to help do what should have been done from the beginning. I've not heard from them for more than 3 weeks now ... My blathering here at VA helps.

What the present U.S. Admin. did to our FRIENDS & ALLIES across this planet is depraved & inexcusable ...

Last edited:
I'm thinking I would like the plug at an angle on the side like the other you posted.

Anywhoo ... while I have avenues of my own to obtain glass pieces. I do also have a favorite regarding herb based smoke shops.

https://thecavesmokeshop.com/collections/tubes

If you like tube style ... may I suggest MIA for a somewhat affordable, everyday, but unique piece. Best 9mm thick tube I've used. There are legit reasons for this.
A tube is in my way of thinking the most versatile glass water pipe design to be had

They keep an inventory of U.S. made glass that most other shops would find difficult to keep on hand. One can spend as much as they want here. They still offer affordable glass.

Dont forget our friends across the pond. Of my two best functioning glass pieces one is from a glass blower in the UK. I have a bid out now on a UK made recycler. The other I'm not sure.

It was given to me by a German gal while in the ME ...Good Gawd She Wuzz Beautiful never met a woman that was as strong or relentless a runner. It saved her life on a few occasions .... & like my xwife said about many things ... I Gotta Stop Im blathering :rofl:

I'm really stoned. Possibly a new level or frequency of high for me . I mixed GG with some Runtz herb with diamonds sauce, trates

I have panic attacks. They have been worse at present than I have ever experienced ...
I deal with shame & guilt for not being with people I love ... Who left to help do what should have been done from the beginning. I've not heard from them for more than 3 weeks now ... My blathering here at VA helps.

What the present U.S. Admin. did to our FRIENDS & ALLIES across this planet is depraved & inexcusable ...
You're not alone and we're gonna get through this.

I'm going to weigh in on the cheap versions of the Cloud Buddy...... I'm not a fan. They are really cheaply made (which stands to reason considering their cost of 2 for $13.50). I didn't realize that you got two of them when I made my purchase. And ended up with 4 of them lol. However, I've already broken two. And that was with 'normal' handling and before I even had a chance to use them. The glass used in these is super thin.

Save yourself the aggravation. Just spend the extra money and go with Mike at @Oregonglassblower . His are solid and I still have the og unit that I received about 4 years ago. That one has survived several falls and mishaps and is still going strong. For someone who breaks glass like I do, that's a miracle. :lol:
I see that Mike was perusing this thread and giving some likes.

I still have and love my @Oregonglassblower Cloud Buddy. Great quality and as you said, you can pay less but def end up w a lower quality product.

OGB Cloud Buddy paired w a dewar style rig like an FC-188 turns my gentle Enano into a real ripper w huge thick clouds. It’s just outstanding stuff and I’d recommend Mike’s products to anyone without hesitation.

Shout out to Mike…still making quality American glass.

When DHGate stuff gets as expensive as below, if you can, you may as well buy local,
A shame Oregon is not local for me!
Edit, the above Dhgate version is solid...I still have my original 2x even though they were on plenty of dropped and broken bongs...theses adapters always seem to survive.

When DHGate stuff gets as expensive as below, if you can, you may as well buy local,
A shame Oregon is not local for me!
Edit, the above Dhgate version is solid...I still have my original 2x even though they were on plenty of dropped and broken bongs...theses adapters always seem to

I still have and love my @Oregonglassblower Cloud Buddy. Great quality and as you said, you can pay less but def end up w a lower quality product.

OGB Cloud Buddy paired w a dewar style rig like an FC-188 turns my gentle Enano into a real ripper w huge thick clouds. It’s just outstanding stuff and I’d recommend Mike’s products to anyone without hesitation.

Shout out to Mike…still making quality American

Hey there , thanks for the kind words. I hope things have been well.
I would be willing to give 10% off my cloud buddies to anyone here on the forum.
Just hit me up in an email.
I wish I could be a bit more competitive on my price on these but unfortunately the fittings alone cost me $10 to make the CB’s before all the other overhead costs of running a glass shop.
It’s also one of my pieces that I often bail out on while making if it’s not working out well (not perfectly straight or welds not clean enough).
I can’t say enough about how much I appreciate the continued support over the years from this forum!!!!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back