Vapor Accessory Addict
For some people it is difficult to smoke due to irritation on the throat or patients suffering from respiratory diseases. Medical marijuana sprays are not too difficult to make but one must exercise some caution when making tincture especially if one is going to heat up alcohol. The following recipe is a basic medical marijuana spray and can be modified to suit your specific condition or even injury.
- What you need – In order to make your own medical marijuana spray you will obviously need a good amount of high quality bud. Depending on your specific condition obtain a marijuana strain that will provide highest relief. You will need roughly two ounces of buds to make a decent supply. You can use less but take note that you’ll produce less tincture. There’s a list of everything you’ll need.
- 1-2 ounces of high quality marijuana
- Highest grade alcohol you can find (50% preferred but 40% vodka also works without any snags)
- Organic Mint or any other type of herb you want to make the tincture taste like
- Glass Jar that can seal
- Spray bottle (small ones like mouth spray)
- Before making the tincture – Before you can actually make the tincture you’ll have to activate the THC in the medical marijuana. When you eat raw cannabis you’ll consume THCA which is an acid. In order to convert it to THC you need to apply heat, which normally happens when vaporizing or lighting on fire. Since you’ll be making a tincture you’ll need to activate the THC before actually converting it into a tincture. You do this by;
- Preheating an oven to 325ºF (160ºC) and be sure to measure it exact by using a thermometer.
- Grind up the marijuana and spread over a cookie sheet or pan
- Carefully monitor the process and leave for 5 minutes or until you see the first bit of smoke appear.
- Quickly remove the plate before more smoke or when the five minutes are done.
- Making the tincture – Now that you have activated the THC in the medical marijuana we move on to make the actual tincture;
- Place grounded marijuana in jar and leave small space below the brim.
- Add alcohol until jar is completely full
- Make sure that the alcohol and the cannabis mixes completely, shake and seal
- Store in dark cool place for roughly 1 week.
- Once week is completed strain liquid from plant matter by using cheesecloth. Remember to squeeze extra hard.
- Pour strained liquid into a second jar filled with (new marijuana mixture once THC is active) and add more alcohol if needed. Add herb for flavoring in this mixture as well.
- Leave for 2 weeks. Afterwards strain liquid into its own jar (Big Jar to hold surplus)
- Pour into spray bottle