Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Cannabis and Pain

My favourite online dispensary just had a flash 40% off sale. I ordered CBD Isolate as well as CBD Tincture. I'm hoping it has some positive effects. The reviews were positive. We'll see when it gets here, next week some time.

I have had good results vaping Charolettes Web, Harlequin and a few others. I grew a high CBD strain called Remedy and it was awesome for nausea and pain, but this will be my first experience with straight CBD concentrates.

I grow cannatonic #4. It was tested, by the person who gifted it to me, at 15% and .5thc. I've been growing and using it for about five years. I use it mostly in cannacaps from rosin i squeeze. I mix it with thc concentrate, generally winterized rso type oil. Or sometmes just by itself. I don't grow it every cycle because it's not in high demand by my patients, and I squeeze most of it into rosin.

Lately I've had good success vaping that rosin in my saionara. It has a sour cherry taste ( like a lot of high CBD buds). The last couple days my arthritis has been bothered me, and I've been beat from taking down some of the vegetable garden. But I'm getting noticeable benefits from vaping the cannatonic rosin, like less pain, easier movements, and better attitude. To get a thc/CBD mix, I do 2 bowls with my underdog and thc herb and 3-4 hits off my sai of cannatonic rosin.

So, it works for me, but it's easy not to notice, it's just a lack of pain that gradually happens. No eureka moment, I just feel better, even my wife has noticed, although she claims it doesn't do anything for her.

A lot of people are expecting to feel something, like an opioid, but it's more a lack of feeling pain and nothing else. So it's easy to miss the effects.

Last edited:
Have you guys tried adding topicals to the mix? Some people can get dramatic results. The simple recipe uses 1 part infused oil to 4 parts any skin cream. The cream is just a carrier, and could be cocoa butter if that's your thing. For topical strain doesn't seem to matter. It's one way to get one last use of ABV.

(tried to insert @Shredder quote here - I'm too wangy for this, apparently. Anyways, my wife doesn't seem to get it, either, yet many of her friends are 'clients' :)
'It feels like that part isn't there'. Instead of masking pain for lower back, for example, a suppository can make it feel like that part isn't attached to the part below it, like your hips don't exist. Weirdly, otherworldly, floaty-like. Sometimes knees can also be like that. Being a pain patient makes you keep reaching for something that might provide a break from the pain. Paincation-like, at times.

I've been experimenting with higher doses of oil, and realize I might be a wee bit higher than anticipated... Anyhoo...

Last edited:
Have you guys tried adding topicals to the mix? Some people can get dramatic results. The simple recipe uses 1 part infused oil to 4 parts any skin cream. The cream is just a carrier, and could be cocoa butter if that's your thing. For topical strain doesn't seem to matter. It's one way to get one last use of ABV.
I make my own THC/CBD mix for my MOD!
I suffer from depression at time’s?
Some THC is perfect for me?
CBD is awesome with THC infused!
My new VAPE PEN (PINK) 1100 mah is on it’s way!
My MOD is a 100 watt (White) bling is needed beside function!
7 watt’’s is my setting for this one!
100 watt’s for my 200 watt unit? (Black)
I have 200 vape pen’s? (Lust?)
400 atomiser’s! (Stupidity)

Last edited:

'It feels like that part isn't there'. Instead of masking pain for lower back, for example, a suppository can make it feel like that part isn't attached to the part below it, like your hips don't exist. Weirdly, otherworldly, floaty-like. Sometimes knees can also be like that. Being a pain patient makes you keep reaching for something that might provide a break from the pain. Paincation-like, at times.

I've been experimenting with higher doses of oil, and realize I might be a wee bit higher than anticipated... Anyhoo...

I'm collecting stuff for a muscle rub right now. I'm making two, maybe 3 types. All with coconut oil and beeswax, and thc CBD concentrates. I have orange oil and lavender oil for two batches, and I harvested some catnip flowers today.

Not sure how I'm going to use the catnip, it's a strong kinda minty smell.

Edit I'd to squeeze orange oil from organic orange peels on my press someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clinical Trial: Topical Application of CBD Mitigates Neuropathy

San Diego, CA: The topical administration of CBD oil is associated with reduced pain in patients with peripheral neuropathy, according to clinical trial data published in the journal Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.

A team of investigators affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego and Des Moines University in Iowa assessed the efficacy of topically delivered CBD oil in the management of neuropathic pain in a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Twenty-nine patients participated in the study. Each patient received both treatment and placebo at various intervals of the four-week trial.

Authors reported: "There was a statistically significant reduction in intense pain, sharp pain, cold and itchy sensations in the CBD group when compared to the placebo group. No adverse events were reported in this study."

They concluded: "Our findings demonstrate that the transdermal application of CBD oil can achieve significant improvement in pain and other disturbing sensations in patients with peripheral neuropathy. The treatment product was well-tolerated and may provide a more effective alternative compared to other current therapies in the treatment of peripheral neuropathy."

Full text of the study, "The effectiveness of cannabidiol oil in symptomatic relief of peripheral neuropathy of the lower extremities," appears in Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. Additional information regarding cannabis and neuropathy is available in the NORML Library.

On a related note, we just made a muscle rub using coconut oil, bees wax, lavender oil, clove oil, catnip, thc rosin and cbd rosin. It works very well. It actually causes some redness as it brings blood to the surface and feels warm.

I infused catnip buds in coconut oil to start, then strained it off and used the oil as a base, and stirred in the other ingredients in a small crock pot. It smells like lavender and slightly minty from the catnip.

For myself, as a Psoriatic Arthritis/chronic pain patient, I have thorough experience with chronic pain. I am very familiar with physical joint damage and inflammation, neuropathic pain, and pain recovering from things like surgery. All of these pains are different. CBD does work well on neuropathic pain but not so much on mechanical pain which opiates excel at. I also found that by cutting an opioid dose in half and combing that with cannabis gave excellent results in pain reduction after surgery. I also find that for a topical solution the whole plant extracts are absolutely necessary for real pain relief.

Pain however, is relative and subjective. Everyone experiences pain in a different way, not just from biochemical differences, but because it is also processed emotionally.

Last edited:
Study Finds Cannabis Safe For Pain Management And An Effective Opioid Substitute
The Canadian study adds to the growing amount of research that has not only found that marijuana is effective in treating pain, but may also work well as a substitute for opioids.

A new study that hails from Canada further confirms the amazing efficacy of cannabis for pain.

It reports patients experienced relief using cannabis for pain and reduced or eliminated the use of potentially dangerous opioids altogether. The study’s findings build upon those from earlier research that found marijuana helps with pain management for those who suffer from chronic pain. The study includes hemp oil and CBD, which research shows is also very effective in pain management.

The new study, published in the Pain Medicine Journal, reported that patients who use cannabis daily had prolonged improvements in pain management and increased quality of life.

They not only experienced relief in one-month-long timeframes but also over the entire 12 months they participated in the study. Starting at about three months, patients began to feel improvement in overall physical and mental health.

The researchers wrote: “Taken together, the findings of this study add to the cumulative evidence in support of plant-based medical cannabis as a safe and effective treatment option and potential opioid medication substitute or augmentation therapy for the management of symptoms and quality of life in chronic pain patients.”

The patients also experienced other benefits from using cannabis.
The Toronto-based researchers set out to determine the effect of medical cannabis on chronic pain over the course of one year. They evaluated 751 patients at a clinic that specializes in medical cannabis. The study ended in March 2019.

Only 60 percent of patients in the study said they had any previous experience using cannabis either for recreation or medical purposes.

Reductions in pain severity started about one month into study. In addition to improved pain management, patients also experienced “significant decreases” in headaches, fatigue, anxiety, and nausea.

Importantly, patients who reported using opioids for pain management stopped using them as frequently after they experienced a reduction in the amount of pain when using marijuana.

In a statement, NORML Deputy Director Paul Armentano said, “These outcomes add to the growing body of literature supportive of the therapeutic use of cannabis as an opioid-sparing analgesic agent.”

Other studies have found that cannabis is effective for pain management.
Previous studies have reached much the same conclusions as those made by Canadian researchers. It’s led to experts recommending CBD for pain, including oils, lotions, and edibles. Patients have reported experiencing pain reduction and better sleep by using CBD oils.

Scientific studies out of Minnesota and Israel in 2018 were among the first to directly connect cannabis and treating chronic pain. In the Minnesota study, more than half of the people involved reported that they experienced a high level of benefit from cannabis in treating chronic pain.

The sheer amount of research in recent years showing that cannabis is effective and safe in treating pain is impossible to ignore. It also bolsters the argument for making marijuana legal at the federal level and has many people continuing to wonder why opioids are legal but weed is not.

Study Finds Cannabis Safe For Pain Management And An Effective Opioid Substitute
The Canadian study adds to the growing amount of research that has not only found that marijuana is effective in treating pain, but may also work well as a substitute for opioids.

A new study that hails from Canada further confirms the amazing efficacy of cannabis for pain.

It reports patients experienced relief using cannabis for pain and reduced or eliminated the use of potentially dangerous opioids altogether. The study’s findings build upon those from earlier research that found marijuana helps with pain management for those who suffer from chronic pain. The study includes hemp oil and CBD, which research shows is also very effective in pain management.

The new study, published in the Pain Medicine Journal, reported that patients who use cannabis daily had prolonged improvements in pain management and increased quality of life.

They not only experienced relief in one-month-long timeframes but also over the entire 12 months they participated in the study. Starting at about three months, patients began to feel improvement in overall physical and mental health.

The researchers wrote: “Taken together, the findings of this study add to the cumulative evidence in support of plant-based medical cannabis as a safe and effective treatment option and potential opioid medication substitute or augmentation therapy for the management of symptoms and quality of life in chronic pain patients.”

The patients also experienced other benefits from using cannabis.
The Toronto-based researchers set out to determine the effect of medical cannabis on chronic pain over the course of one year. They evaluated 751 patients at a clinic that specializes in medical cannabis. The study ended in March 2019.

Only 60 percent of patients in the study said they had any previous experience using cannabis either for recreation or medical purposes.

Reductions in pain severity started about one month into study. In addition to improved pain management, patients also experienced “significant decreases” in headaches, fatigue, anxiety, and nausea.

Importantly, patients who reported using opioids for pain management stopped using them as frequently after they experienced a reduction in the amount of pain when using marijuana.

In a statement, NORML Deputy Director Paul Armentano said, “These outcomes add to the growing body of literature supportive of the therapeutic use of cannabis as an opioid-sparing analgesic agent.”

Other studies have found that cannabis is effective for pain management.
Previous studies have reached much the same conclusions as those made by Canadian researchers. It’s led to experts recommending CBD for pain, including oils, lotions, and edibles. Patients have reported experiencing pain reduction and better sleep by using CBD oils.

Scientific studies out of Minnesota and Israel in 2018 were among the first to directly connect cannabis and treating chronic pain. In the Minnesota study, more than half of the people involved reported that they experienced a high level of benefit from cannabis in treating chronic pain.

The sheer amount of research in recent years showing that cannabis is effective and safe in treating pain is impossible to ignore. It also bolsters the argument for making marijuana legal at the federal level and has many people continuing to wonder why opioids are legal but weed is not.
Recently broke bones in my hand and wrist, and while the four doctors I saw all told me how painful breaks in the hand and wrist are, not one offered pain relief, and I didn't care. I noticed, but didn't care because of cannabis. Until a too tight cast, my pain was managed, and I didn't have to take additional meds for nausea from the opiates.

Recently broke bones in my hand and wrist, and while the four doctors I saw all told me how painful breaks in the hand and wrist are, not one offered pain relief, and I didn't care. I noticed, but didn't care because of cannabis. Until a too tight cast, my pain was managed, and I didn't have to take additional meds for nausea from the opiates.
My wife and I took 6 pain pill bottle’s threw them in the trash.
CANNABIS worked better?

My sciatica has faired up. I went to the chiropractor. Now using ice and vaporizing my fave oil. Natural remedies are better. When it hurts a lot I will use some Aleve, not all the time. Aleve taken regularly can be bad on the kidneys, whereas cannabis doesn’t.

Last edited:
I was on Fentanyl patches and stuff from 2001 to 2014. I hated that shit. I got my card 7 years ago and I have been opioid free since then. All I take now is my heart meds and vitamins. Oh yeah and weed. I would say 98% of doctors I saw were skeptical of my mmj usage. Some were downright hostile about it. I just smiled and said it's working for me. I'ml happy with my doctor now. She is slowly coming around. I laugh and tell I must be doing something right. My last visit with her was in January. She actually started asking questions about my usage :rofl:

A doctor and chronic pain sufferer discusses the benefits of cannabis

“Having suffered in pain for so long, I know what it feels like to say to your doctor, ‘I’ve tried everything, and nothing has helped.’”

With over a decade of experience, Dr. June Chin has focused on interactive osteopathic medicine for individuals with epilepsy, cancer and autism. Practising medicine in California, Dr. Chin has used the state’s legalized medical cannabis access by empowering her patients with knowledge about CBD and weed’s benefits.

Dr. Chin recently shared an exclusive interview with The Fresh Toast on where cannabis is going and what health practitioners should know. When asked why she was such an advocate for cannabis, she shared that her personal pain journey led her to advocate not just for patients, but for doctors to get information firsthand.

“As a teenager, I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis (AS), a progressive type of arthritis that affects the spine, pelvis, hips and back, and causes extreme stiffness and nerve pain,” she said.

“I spent my younger years trying conventional treatments — epidurals, narcotics, muscle relaxants, acupuncture, physical therapy — but the pain was unrelenting. By the time I got to medical school in San Francisco, I was having difficulty standing for long periods in the operating room,” she reported. “One of the attending physicians saw this and asked me about it. I told him I had AS, but that I couldn’t take the meds I needed for relief while doing rounds or while attending a four-hour hip-replacement surgery because they made me drowsy and foggy,” Dr. Chin said.

“Here I was in a hospital surrounded by great medical minds, but I was disheartened to find nothing could help my condition. The attending physician and my mentor Dr. Levine pulled me aside and handed me a bottle containing a tincture. ‘This is marijuana,’ he told me, ‘but it won’t make you high,’” she recalled.

“He didn’t call it CBD oil; he just said it was a different type of cannabis plant. I was mortified, but desperate. As a medical student, training to be a doctor, my first thought was, ‘You are offering me pot? You want to make me a drug addict?’ I grew up in the Bronx, where there was a huge social stigma around marijuana. Kids that smoked weed were either the dropouts or involved in gangs. I also grew up in a very traditional Chinese household. My parents believed in reefer madness — weed led to psychosis and schizophrenia!” she said.

“The little brown dropper bottle Dr. Levine handed me smelled like a combination of alcohol, wet dog and grass, and I didn’t know what to think. To my amazement, the tincture worked very well. The pain and inflammation of my arthritis decreased dramatically, my AS stopped progressing, and my health improved,” Dr. Chin said.

“Even though California legalized medical cannabis in 1996, I didn’t dare tell anyone I was using it. I was a young physician and didn’t want to jeopardize my career. But once I got my health back, I decided to learn more about cannabis and how it helps manage pain and improve people’s overall health and wellness,” she said. “Having suffered in pain for so long, I know what it feels like to say to your doctor, ‘I’ve tried everything, and nothing has helped,’” she added.

“I have been helping patients integrate medical cannabis into their health and wellness for over a decade. Cannabis changed the trajectory of my life. I would not have been able to finish medical school and become a doctor had it not been for cannabis treatment,” Dr. Chin said. “I had an educational advantage in doing my medical school training in California. California legalized medical cannabis in 1996. I was in the middle of a switch box and was able to engineer my circumstances to learn holistic, integrative cannabis medicine,” she added.

Dr. Chin has seen firsthand just how much medical cannabis can benefit patients. A Bronx native, who moved back to New York several years ago, Dr. Chin is now registered with the New York State Medical Cannabis Program. She is currently treating both children and adults in New York and is with AskCMD.com, a personalized cannabis service.

A doctor and chronic pain sufferer discusses the benefits of cannabis

“Having suffered in pain for so long, I know what it feels like to say to your doctor, ‘I’ve tried everything, and nothing has helped.’”

With over a decade of experience, Dr. June Chin has focused on interactive osteopathic medicine for individuals with epilepsy, cancer and autism. Practising medicine in California, Dr. Chin has used the state’s legalized medical cannabis access by empowering her patients with knowledge about CBD and weed’s benefits.

Dr. Chin recently shared an exclusive interview with The Fresh Toast on where cannabis is going and what health practitioners should know. When asked why she was such an advocate for cannabis, she shared that her personal pain journey led her to advocate not just for patients, but for doctors to get information firsthand.

“As a teenager, I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis (AS), a progressive type of arthritis that affects the spine, pelvis, hips and back, and causes extreme stiffness and nerve pain,” she said.

“I spent my younger years trying conventional treatments — epidurals, narcotics, muscle relaxants, acupuncture, physical therapy — but the pain was unrelenting. By the time I got to medical school in San Francisco, I was having difficulty standing for long periods in the operating room,” she reported. “One of the attending physicians saw this and asked me about it. I told him I had AS, but that I couldn’t take the meds I needed for relief while doing rounds or while attending a four-hour hip-replacement surgery because they made me drowsy and foggy,” Dr. Chin said.

“Here I was in a hospital surrounded by great medical minds, but I was disheartened to find nothing could help my condition. The attending physician and my mentor Dr. Levine pulled me aside and handed me a bottle containing a tincture. ‘This is marijuana,’ he told me, ‘but it won’t make you high,’” she recalled.

“He didn’t call it CBD oil; he just said it was a different type of cannabis plant. I was mortified, but desperate. As a medical student, training to be a doctor, my first thought was, ‘You are offering me pot? You want to make me a drug addict?’ I grew up in the Bronx, where there was a huge social stigma around marijuana. Kids that smoked weed were either the dropouts or involved in gangs. I also grew up in a very traditional Chinese household. My parents believed in reefer madness — weed led to psychosis and schizophrenia!” she said.

“The little brown dropper bottle Dr. Levine handed me smelled like a combination of alcohol, wet dog and grass, and I didn’t know what to think. To my amazement, the tincture worked very well. The pain and inflammation of my arthritis decreased dramatically, my AS stopped progressing, and my health improved,” Dr. Chin said.

“Even though California legalized medical cannabis in 1996, I didn’t dare tell anyone I was using it. I was a young physician and didn’t want to jeopardize my career. But once I got my health back, I decided to learn more about cannabis and how it helps manage pain and improve people’s overall health and wellness,” she said. “Having suffered in pain for so long, I know what it feels like to say to your doctor, ‘I’ve tried everything, and nothing has helped,’” she added.

“I have been helping patients integrate medical cannabis into their health and wellness for over a decade. Cannabis changed the trajectory of my life. I would not have been able to finish medical school and become a doctor had it not been for cannabis treatment,” Dr. Chin said. “I had an educational advantage in doing my medical school training in California. California legalized medical cannabis in 1996. I was in the middle of a switch box and was able to engineer my circumstances to learn holistic, integrative cannabis medicine,” she added.

Dr. Chin has seen firsthand just how much medical cannabis can benefit patients. A Bronx native, who moved back to New York several years ago, Dr. Chin is now registered with the New York State Medical Cannabis Program. She is currently treating both children and adults in New York and is with AskCMD.com, a personalized cannabis service.
Cannabis is so wonderful!

A very good article above regarding pain and cannabis. There’s really nothing out there for chronic pain that doesn’t do some sort of damage to the body except for our favorite flower. Along with exercise and other natural ways, I ’ve used acupuncture as well plus going to the chiropractor.

Last edited:
What a long and difficult road to travel. Chronic pain affects mental health big time. The constant nagging pain, loss of sleep, poor nutrition, lack of exercise all add up.
My previous surgeries have made it very hard to work out. I have found walking, watching what I eat, and ingesting hemp and weed to be my best bet at minimizing pain. Cause you know it's always there, it's how you manage it that makes the difference. The fucking meds are what fucks you up even more. Viscous cycle hard to break. JAJAJA But I did it with weed :nod::weed:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back