Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction Dabpress Rosin Plates

So I have finally finished the Jul 2018 crop and pressed 10g in a 40mm puck of some Oct 2018 gear, this was a pretty poor crop (only 13 liter mason jars worth).
All the buds were pretty small compared to normal, this was the first of my stuff stored with all my tricks, mason jar, jar sealer, boveda and O2 scrubber packs,
Pressed at 2500psi last 45 sec for a total of 4.5 mins at 107C, this stuff seems really runny, like oil at room temp, I had to refrigerate to collect the last of it off the parchment paper.
Golden honey, golden butterfly,
IMG_20191117_203051.jpg

IMG_20191117_203026.jpg

IMG_20191117_203000.jpg

IMG_20191117_202939.jpg

Only 1.58g return but it is quite clean and clear, not finishing at 2750psi as usual just to see if less contaminates on the nail (I go through too many qtips!)

So I have finally finished the Jul 2018 crop and pressed 10g in a 40mm puck of some Oct 2018 gear, this was a pretty poor crop (only 13 liter mason jars worth).
All the buds were pretty small compared to normal, this was the first of my stuff stored with all my tricks, mason jar, jar sealer, boveda and O2 scrubber packs,
Pressed at 2500psi last 45 sec for a total of 4.5 mins at 107C, this stuff seems really runny, like oil at room temp, I had to refrigerate to collect the last of it off the parchment paper.
Golden honey, golden butterfly,
View attachment 14682
View attachment 14683
View attachment 14684
View attachment 14685
Only 1.58g return but it is quite clean and clear, not finishing at 2750psi as usual just to see if less contaminates on the nail (I go through too many qtips!)

That one looks like a butterfly mate !!

I've been getting the more oily but clear and honey/toffee coloured rosin lately too
Slightly lower yields but great quality stuff

Don't talk to me about qtips
I think we should invest in our own brand of qtips and market towards vapers.....

Like the Glob Mops but not 20 bucks for 150 of them (something silly like that).

Good evening Asylum members!

Our new 4-ton 3x5" bottle jack powered all-in-one heat press machine dp-bj4t35, is now available on the official webstore and Amazon USA, sale price is $369!

Factory direct -
https://www.dabpress.com/collection...rosin-heat-press-machine-driptech-intergrated

Amazon -
Amazon product ASIN B07KQ387F3
[IMG]

[IMG]

With the available tonnage, this press can easily press out a single 10-12g puck using our large cylinder pre-press mold dp-pm40r, or our rectangle pre-press mold dp-pm4007s for 10-12g as well. You will be able to press out larger amounts of hash due to less pressure needed.

Now is the best time to get started with rosin if need a personal press.

Until Nov 30th 2019, please use coupon code DP10 during checkout on the factory webstore www.dabpress.com, to save money on your order. Please note, bundle offer discounts do not stack with coupon codes.

That makes more sense than the old 3x3, nice looking unit!
bundle offer discounts do not stack with coupon codes.
They should, even if only to stop you having to repeat the discount caveat every time.

So I gave the prepress and 10t a workout today, I actually applied a bit of pressure via my Record 1 Ton vice and was easily able to load 14g into each puck,
IMG_20191128_230112.jpg

I kept the pucks compressed with some clamps until I was ready,

IMG_20191128_230039.jpg

I tried out some new Blast Paper from Ozbongs (It is horrible to use compared to my Woolies brand). The Oz fit easily between the plates,
IMG_20191128_225957.jpg

I was on 85C, 2 minutes of slowly adding pressure to 4000psi(gauge) then at 2:45 up to 4500psi for a total of 5 minutes on the plates,

IMG_20191128_225907.jpg

Only 3.6g initial return,

IMG_20191128_225840.jpg

I upped the temp to 100c and pressed up to 5000psi on gauge for another 4 mins for an extra 0.1g,

IMG_20191128_225807.jpg

Really crappy buds from a poor crop from Oct 2018, glad I can turn it into great rosin..

Yesterday's finished product,

IMG_20191128_230818.jpg

Just finished my first 25 pack of 160 μm filters so I did a single 20g puck prepared in the vice again then held by the clamp until I was ready,

IMG_20191129_215302.jpg

I think I could pack a single Oz puck but the following pics have put me off,

IMG_20191129_205349.jpg

Notice the green pushing out? I heated the puck for 2 minutes before going to 1500psi (gauge) at 80C when I noticed the bulging green so I aborted the press at 3 minutes to remove the blown puck (recovered 2.6g) and repack it pressed it again for 5 mins at 2500psi (gauge) at 90c for an extra 0.2g.

IMG_20191129_215129.jpg

IMG_20191129_215055.jpg

IMG_20191130_000840.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished my first 25 pack of 160 μm filters so I did a single 20g puck prepared in the vice again then held by the clamp until I was ready,

View attachment 14978

I think I could pack a single Oz puck but the following pics have put me off,

View attachment 14979

Notice the green pushing out? I heated the puck for 2 minutes before going to 1500psi (gauge) at 80C when I noticed the bulging green so I aborted the press at 3 minutes to remove the blown puck (recovered 2.6g) and repack it pressed it again for 5 mins at 2500psi (gauge) at 90c for an extra 0.2g.

View attachment 14980

View attachment 14981
So just under 15% ?
You usually get around the 20s

Maybe not as productive going too big?

I was hoping to do bigger loads soon, but not if it will affect my yields

I may try a 14g puck in my 1t vice too
But maybe 10g is a good spot to go with

I might try a single 28g puck as well as a 10g tomorrow just to chew through some of this less than my usual standard buds (I have some S&B liquid pad dosing pads caps coming from Ausvapes as I had to get something with the 25% off).

Standard 40mm 10g puck of the same crappy buds, 75C for 5 min. 2500psi=1.06g + rerun at 105C for 3 min 2750psi=0.32g for 1.38g total so the bigger puck may have yielded slightly more.
The first squish was nice and easy to collect,

IMG_20191130_152534.jpg

The second squish was harder to collect and not as nice looking,

IMG_20191130_152505.jpg

End result,

IMG_20191130_151159.jpg

I will try a single Oz puck next and will take twice as long to heat the puck to try to get ahead of the blowouts!

Until Nov 30th 2019, please use coupon code DP10 during checkout on the factory webstore www.dabpress.com, to save money on your order.
I just tried to grab some filter bags before the code runs out but it says to, Enter a valid code, wow, US$24 postage for 4 packs of filter bags is RIDICULOUS and price gouging in the extreme...fuck!
I can buy a 1kg bong for $20 and it will be free postage from China.

I just tried to grab some filter bags before the code runs out but it says to, Enter a valid code, wow, US$24 postage for 4 packs of filter bags is RIDICULOUS and price gouging in the extreme...fuck!
I can buy a 1kg bong for $20 and it will be free postage from China.
I just bought two packs of bags the other day
Ridiculous shipping cost Esp coming from China

I got two packs to make me feel a bit better (yet the 2nd pack incurred a further $4 for postage.....)
But yes a bit shitty at having to pay that from the Chinese factory when everything I buy from the gate has free shipping and is heavy glass usually

I'll happily accept a pack or two extra to make up for this if it was a thing as I already paid

I haven't mentioned the bags that burst from the replacement pack either
Not as bad as the run I was getting but definitely pops more often then guaranteed

I just tried to buy the 4 packs of bags off Amazon and the fuckers make you buy it 4 separate times so they can charge the $10 freight 4 times, it actually changed my checkout from QTY 4 to QTY 1...its just not cricket!.

I could not fit the 28g single puck between the plates, the puck was 28mm, jaws are 25.3mm, repacked as the bags are cheap but getting them ain't!

Would you believe me if I told you that we don't charge our customers the full price for DHL express shipping?

Here is the example DHL express rates for a US based business, the base rate starts at 1lb, so even a 1 ounce package falls under the "Light" classification.

You can see that we pass the discount on to you (and some) for shipping charges as the retail price is substantially higher. This service is nearly 100% guaranteed 2-7 day delivery time anywhere in the world (some exceptions!).

dhl-rates.jpg

Anyhow, I will ask Roger if he can search out the most affordable option to ship these small parcels with value based shipment so our customers don't feel like they are being overcharged.

Last edited:
Would you believe me if I told you that we don't charge our customers the full price for DHL express shipping?

Here is the example DHL express rates for a US based business, the base rate starts at 1lb, so even a 1 ounce package falls under the "Light" classification.

You can see that we pass the discount on to you (and some) for shipping charges as the retail price is substantially higher. This service is nearly 100% guaranteed 2-7 day delivery time anywhere in the world (some exceptions!).

View attachment 15022

Anyhow, I will ask Roger if he can search out the most affordable option to ship these small parcels with value based shipment so our customers don't feel like they are being overcharged.
I'd almost take your word as gospel - except that each additional pack of bags adds an extra $4 of postage prices

I was going to buy 3 packs until I saw the price continue to rise - one or two extra packs of bags won't make that weight rise above a pound ...... so the extra $$ for each bag is unnecessary

Besides I get everything from the gate within one week (two max) from China and it's free post with heavy items

I don't mind paying postage costs on lower priced items as that is the norm
But when the post costs the same as or more than the item being purchased and that item is light and small I get a bit grumpy down here in ausland

Esp as I will have to buy bags for the long-term in this instance as an ongoing cost

I was super impressed with the speed I received my press originally though

Considering the cost of finished bags (which seem really expensive considering what they are), and the cost of the raw material to make said bags, why not just pick up a few chunks of silkscreen cloth and make them at home? Sewing isn't that hard, especially for a straight seam. It can be done without a machine, it'll just take a few minutes longer...

When I get to the press next time I'll smush some buds into a chuck of 120 micron screen and see how it works without being sewn. And then maybe flash up the wife's brand new vintage 80s model sewing machine and try sewing a few and see how that goes... Just for interests sakes, ya know?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back