Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Glossary

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
This is a work in progress... If you have anything you would like to add, please let us know. :smile:

• 510 - The most common and popular style of atomizer, its threading has become the industry standard with most atomizers, cartomizers, clearomizers and tanks using it.

A
  • ABV - 'Already Been Vaped' or used material
  • ALP - AirVape Legacy Pro
  • ALT - aqualabtechnologies.com
  • ATTY - atomizer
  • AMPS - Short for amperage, this is the flow of energy along a circuit. Batteries with higher amps can better handle atomizers with lower resistances without overheating.
  • ANODIZING – A process of creating a durable non-oxidizing finish on the surface.
  • AVB - Used material. See ABV
  • AZ - AromaZap
B
  • BBV - Barely Been Vaped
  • BH - Bubble Hash
  • BHO - Butane Honey Oil
C
  • 'cano - Volcano
  • CBC - Cannabichromene
  • CBD - Cannabidiol
  • CBL - Cannabicyclol
  • CBN - Cannabinol
  • CBG - Cannabigerol
  • CBV - Cannabivarin
  • CH - Cannabis Hardware
  • Cloud - VapeXhale Cloud
  • CRZ - Ceramic Rock Zap
  • CU - Cooling unit
D
  • D - Dry Sift (extraction tek)
  • DB - Da Buddha Vaporizer
  • DBV - Da Buddha Vaporizer
  • DIY - Do it yourself
  • Dual Coil – Atomizers, cartomizers or clearomizers with two coils instead of one. This gives off more vapor at the expense of reduced battery life.
  • Duff - See ABV
  • DV - DynaVap.com
  • DW - Dreamwood Vaporizer
  • DWC - Deep water culture - a method of growing cannabis that involves allowing plant roots to sit in oxygenated water and a nutrient solution
E
F
G
  • GAS - Glass Acquisition Syndrome
  • GBD - GlassBlowersDirect.com
  • GD - Green Dragon (or Golden Dragon if abv is used)
  • GH - Grasshopper
  • GoG - felvapes' version of GonG :smile:
  • GonG - Glass on Glass, usually referring to tapered ground glass joints for glassware
  • GVG - Glass VaporGenie
H
  • HA - HerbalAire
  • Hash Oil (not infused in oil)
  • Herbo - Herborizer
  • Herbie - HerbalAire
  • HC - Heater cover
  • HI - Heat Island
  • HL - Hopper Labs
  • HMV - Homemade vaporizer
  • HPS - High Pressure Sodium
  • HVT - Humboldt Vape Tech
I
  • I - Infusion (processing tek)
  • IH - Induction Heater
  • II - I-Inhale
  • IL - Iolite
  • IO - Iolite
  • ISO - Isopropyl Alcohol
  • IV - Incognito Vaporizer
J

K

L

• LB - Magic Flight Launch Box
  • LHS - Local Head Shop
  • Li-Ion - lithium-ion batteries; high quality rechargeable batteries that come in a variety of shapes, sizes and capacities.
  • Log - A vaporizer made from wood
  • LST - Low Stress Training
  • LSV - Life Saber Vaporizer
M
  • mA – 1/1000th of an amp. This notation often describes the output of chargers.
  • mAh – An abbreviation of milliampere-hour, this is the term used to describe a battery’s capacity to store energy
  • MB - Magical Butter
  • MBM - Magical Butter Machine
  • MFLB - Magic Flight Launch Box
  • MH - Metal Halide
  • MOTG - Momofthegoons
  • MV - MistVape
  • MV1 - Ghost Vape MV-1
  • MVE - MistVape Essence
  • MVT -MistVape Touch
  • MVT2 - MistVape Touch 2
  • MW - MagickWand
N

O

• OG - Ocean Grown, Original
  • OGB - Oregon Glass Blower
  • Ohm – The unit of measurement used for electrical resistance
  • OP - Original or Opening Post, Original Poster
P
Q
  • QWISO - Quick wash ISO.
  • QWET - Quick wash Ethyl Alcohol
  • QB - Quartz Banger
R
  • RSO - Rick Simpson Oil, See FECO

S
  • S&B - Storz & Bickel
  • SB - Sticky Brick
  • SBJr - Sticky Brick Jr.
  • SC - Space Case (grinders)
  • SCROG - Screen of Green
  • SCS - Santa Cruz Shredder (grinders)
  • SG - Simple Green
  • SOG - Sea of Green
  • Solo - Arizer Solo
  • SS - Stainless Steel
  • SSTB - Stainless steel turkey baster. Sometimes used for making BHO.
  • SSV - Silver Surfer Vaporizer
  • SV - Supreme Vaporizer
  • SWG - @ShayWhiteGrow For Monster HIT-Videos! And Monster Lungs :biggrin:
T
  • TA - Thermal Accumulator
  • TAF - top air flow
  • TB - Tolerance Break
  • TED - Thermal Extraction Device
  • Ti - Titanium
  • THC - Tetrahydrocannabinol
  • THCA - Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid
  • THCV - Tetrahydrocannabivarin
  • TM - Tinymight vape
  • TT - Toasty Top
  • Tubo - Tubo Evic
U
V
  • VA - Vapor Asylum
  • VAS - Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome
  • VB - VaporBrothers, VaporBox, Vaporblunt
  • VB2 - Vaporblunt 2.0
  • VC - VapCap, Volcano Classic
  • VCB - Vaporization chamber bowl (for VHW)
  • VD - Volcano Digit
  • VG - Vapor Genie, Vegetable Glycerin
  • VHW - Vriptech Heat Wand
  • VVPS - Variable Voltage Power Supply (used with log-style vaporizers)
  • VXL - VapeExhale
W
X
Y
Z

Last edited:
K is for Kief (extraction tek)
D is for Drysift (extraction technique)
B is for Bubble hash (extraction technique)
I is for Infusion (processing tek) (usually in oil)
Hash oil (not infused in oil)
QWET is for QW Ethyl Alcohol

There are many more. Contribute a few of your faves and get this glossary started :)

K is for Kief (extraction tek)
D is for Drysift (extraction technique)
B is for Bubble hash (extraction technique)
I is for Infusion (processing tek) (usually in oil)
Hash oil (not infused in oil)
QWET is for QW Ethyl Alcohol

There are many more. Contribute a few of your faves and get this glossary started :)
So... a few questions.

Why wouldn't Bubble Hash be BH?

Same question for Hash Oil... why not HO?

Are the above abbreviations (with the exception of QWET) already widely used or are we starting them. :smile:

You know what @mom? I'm thinking that we're going to be inventing several things here. Maybe we can vote on the new ones?

I see this glossary as useful to The multitude of brand new users out there, so there's a need for a basic glossary of terms, with or without acronyms, will be useful. Your grandma should know these things, right?
:)

Yes a much needed Glossary. I get a little heavy handed with the Abbr.
Here's a sentence with most of the glossary words that I normally use in my vapor lexicon.

"I QWISO my ABV. Remove the ISO. Fill an ELB with Hemp fiber and the 'QWISO' and use my EVO. "

Is there a glossary term for QWISO from ABV?

Cloud - VapeXhale Cloud
Not familiar with that one. Too the Cloud everybody!

• CBC - Cannabichromene
  • CBD - Cannabidiol
  • CBL - Cannabicyclol
  • CBN - Cannabinol
  • CBG - Cannabigerol
  • CBV - Cannabivarin
Are any of these terms related to Decarbed herb?

VHL or VXL?
PAX? for PAX?
18mm or 18MM? (ex. - 14mm/18mm adapter )
Are there other herb grinders worth adding?
Finding a lot of the ones that I use in the first message. :thumbsup:Don't want to flood the glossary with too many terms and would like clarity/unity on a few others terms.

Is there a glossary term for QWISO from ABV?
Hmmm... that's a good question. I'm going to have to look into that a bit. When I'm not at a solid 10 and cruising. Probably in the morning lol...

Not familiar with that one. Too the Cloud everybody!
Must have been before your time. It was the predecessor to the EVO. So.. perhaps a bit antiquated for the Glossary?

Are any of these terms related to Decarbed herb?
Nope. Those are all the components (cannabinoids) of Cannabis. From THC and beyond.

PAX? for PAX?
:thinker: Not quite sure what you mean here.

18mm or 18MM? (ex. - 14mm/18mm adapter )
Or here... what would you want in the glossary?

Are there other herb grinders worth adding?
More than likely. Feel free to make some suggestions.

And thanks for your input. :biggrin:

I'm thinking in the mind of a new user or say someone who wanted to to find out an older or unfamiliar use to that term. Or when I get stuck trying to recollect a certain term. :BangHead:

There are funny things about language. When I type to a group, I try to use the more understood terms, for clarity's sake. So most of my earlier questions are asking more of 'What are most of you familiar with? '. Then what I might think belongs in.

Should PAX be entered for the PAX vaporizer? Some types of glossaries will put those literal 'words as terms' in for clarity's sake. I also tend to ALL CAPS my terms for vapes. PAX, EVO HAZE, etc.
Or here... what would you want in the glossary?
18MM or 18mm? I use both and trying to decide which to conform to. TBO. Perhaps 18MM but referring to the 18mm socket size in the description?
Must have been before your time. It was the predecessor to the EVO. So.. perhaps a bit antiquated for the Glossary?
Leave it and add a few older entries that you think might come up. For dictionaries, they might refer to a word as being 'antiquated.' :myday:or for a vaporizer that is no longer on the market but in some of our memories. Like say the HAZE. Vaporizers have been around long enough to make these distinctions and have fun with. To the CLOUD everyone!!

More than likely. Feel free to make some suggestions.

And thanks for your input. :biggrin:
Thanks you @momofthegoons. And if anybody else want's to chime in as to what I'm rambling on about. :mental:Feel free. :biggrin:

LHS - Local head shop. CBD oils. Future tense. Are there terms for Full Spectrum oil and the types of infusion? Just anticipating possible distinctions. Perhaps all CBD oil will be considered full spectrum and there will be no use for a distinction. Time will tell.
E - Extreme Vaporizer
EQ for Extreme Vaporizer?
I'm taking a poll. When you abbreviate Storz and Bickel what do you most associate with it? S&B?
Scoured the glossary twice. :sherlock:Other than what I mentioned before, seems complete and concise to me. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking in the mind of a new user or say someone who wanted to to find out an older or unfamiliar use to that term
As I think more of what to do with this glossary, I'm thinking it should be a mini dictionary or wiki type post so that anyone can come on and make sense of what we are talking about; whether it be a noob or someone who has no clue about vaping. So I'm thinking definitions for our most basic terms should be there as well; ie kief, bubbler, rosin, etc.

This is going to be a work in process. So any suggestions will be welcome and worked on.

I'm taking a poll. When you abbreviate Storz and Bickel what do you most associate with it? S&B?
I think S&B... and have added it.

Last edited:
As I think more of what to do with this glossary, I'm thinking it should be a mini dictionary or wiki type post so that anyone can come on and make sense of what we are talking about; whether it be a noob or someone who has no clue about vaping. So I'm thinking definitions for our most basic terms should be there as well; ie kief, bubbler, rosin, etc.
Ok, I was treading lightly on those points. Agree with all, just don't want it to be an overwhelming list of jargon to a noob or non-vaper.:nut:
So dictionary and wiki type entries? I'll mention DDAVE. Rosin and Resin. Silicone hose - replacement whip hose. Reclaim - extract. Foodsafe & Medicalsafe materials. Not sure what would be the best wording or description. Session, On demand. Off the grid.

So dictionary and wiki type entries? I'll mention DDAVE. Rosin and Resin. Silicone hose - replacement whip hose. Reclaim - extract. Foodsafe & Medicalsafe materials. Not sure what would be the best wording or description. Session, On demand. Off the grid.
Lol.... watch what I wish for; right? :lol:

Tell you what... I have no issue adding stuff to the glossary but some help with definitions is always welcome too. Hint Hint.... :razz2: I can always edit or add.

As the list grows, it might outgrow the size that we allow for one post. If this happens, I'll probably delete all of our convo posts so that it will be one continuous glossary. Hmmm... now I'm wondering if our resource area has more space....:thinker:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back